Door Dash driver robbed

C. Aylward

Sheriffs units respond to the ARMED ROBBERY. 732 Broad St. Cross of S. 13th. 

Time:1222 Weather: Sunny

*The 911 line rings I hit the button on the phone to pick up*

'911 where's your emergency?'

'Some guy just robbed me in the courtyard of Trulit gardens and ran into one of the buildings.'

'What building?'

'732'

'What did he look like?'

'Black in his 20s. Had a bead and braids. Wearing a black wifebeater and red shorts.'

'Was he armed?'

'Yeah he had a black gun.'

'Are you injured?'

'No.'

'Ok I'm sending the sheriff.'

*Sheriffs units respond to 732 Broad for an armed robbery. Perp is a black male wearing a black tank top and red shorts with a beard and braids*

Lieutenant Charles Aylward
Shiloh County ERT Communications Dispatch Supervisor
Badge 1663

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sheriffs units respond to 732 Broad for an armed robbery."

*hearing the request out I flip on my lights and pick up my mic and key up*

"206 Show me Enroute to this call, Did the caller give a direction of travel?" 

*releasing my PTT i blip my siren a few times as i keep making my way through lunch hour traffic* 

image.png

Deputy Emilia Koster
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2204

*after asignments i hear the robbery call go out,as i was planning on heading south i key my portable up with ajax 's lead in my hand  as i move to 230*

"show 230 responding from the station as well" * i releasy my PTT quickly load up ajax  then shutting his door i climb into my unit,max the AC for him and exit the garage lights on ,engageing the siren right as i pull outta the department parking lot,i know i cut a few people off but dont honestly care as i haul ass south,206 might beat me but il hopefully be right behind her*

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

*hearing 230 Key up responding I cross the bridge into South Ft Shannon on the broad street I blip my siren a couple of times and pick up my mic and key up*

"206 to 230, when you get closer shut your lights and siren off in case the suspect, is in the area still"

*releasing my push to talk I place the mic down and see a male leaning against their car I pull up behind them shutting my siren and lights off completely and place my car in park, and mark on scene, Hopping out I walk up to the male*

'Hello Sir I'm deputy Koster Shiloh county sheriff's office are you the one that called us'

'Yea the dude fucking robbed me and took off'

'Okay, sir are you injured at all?'

'No, I don't know how though dude pulled a gun on me'

'Okay, which direction did he take, off in and to make sure we have the right description it's going to be a black male black tank top red shorts,a beard and braids?'

'Yea the description is correct and took off into the apartment building I have no idea where he went from there, Look imma be honest I don't care about the cash I just want my wallet back'

'Okay well let me go put this into my computer real quick well I wait for my backup to arrive and then we retrieve that wallet for you did he take anything else'

'Nah just the wallet and cash that was in it that's all I had on me'

'Okay sir sit tight for us'

*turning around and walking back to my car I get in and spin the cad towards me and type the complaint into  my computer well I wait for 230 and the dog to arrive* 

image.png

Deputy Emilia Koster
Unit 204

Badge 2204

*as im heading south i hear 206's telling me to kill my lights and sirens opting not to respond to her on that as i was going to anyway  i kill the siren as i cross the midway point of the bridge,barring the odd blip to clear stubborn cars till i get to broad street killing the lights out well away from the address as i kep up 230s PTT and mark my MDT "county show 230 on scene of the robbery" *releasing 230's PTT i leave Ajax in the truck and step out into the heat to talk to 206 * ' we got a direction of travel or anything yet?'

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

' we got a direction of travel or anything yet?'

'Yes, sir the caller said the suspect ran into this apartment building we're in front of, It's your call we can wait for some more additionals or  we can take me with lethal and you less lethal and have Ajax.'

*finishing up the start of the report I roll up my window and hop out of the cruisers in hopes to keep my car somewhat cool* 

'Caller did state subject was armed but wasn't sure if they ditched the weapon'

image.png

Deputy Emilia Koster
Unit 204

Badge 2204

'Yes, sir the caller said the suspect ran into this apartment building we're in front of, It's your call we can wait for some more additionals or  we can take me with lethal and you less lethal and have Ajax.' 

* i nod and glance at the building* black male with a black tank top and red shorts right?' * i glance at the building again* ' i dont know about you but if i run ajax i need a lethal cover,which leaves whatever other exit open so id like a 3rd,i can do it myself if i also run lethal but given the area, the more cops we have the better not saying we need to like lock a block down but still at least a 3rd car'

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

"Control, 207, show me en route code 3. I'll roll dark once I get nearby per 206's request," I say as I flip on my emergency equipment and head in the direction of the call. After getting within a half mile or so, I kill the sirens and then the lights. I pull into the parking lot a few moments later. I key my radio again and say, "Control, 207, show me on scene. I'll be with the other units." I then get my rifle (( I think we have those? )) out and, after stepping out of my cruiser, sling it in front of me. I walk over to the other Deputies on scene, one hand on the rifle and the other on my belt, and say, 'Okay, so the guy's in the building?'

sd211dep.png

Deputy Edward J. Richardson
Unit 211

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2202

* seeing another car pull up and a deputy i dont recognize step out with his rifke no less i introduce myself and catch him up* ‘ your a new face,welcome to saratoga’ * i gesture to the building* ‘ my names sgt patterson,jasons fine unless the brass is around, saying that we got a black male with a handgun wearing a wifebeater and redshorts, he just robbed this dorr dash guy here  our victim here thinks said robber mighta tossed the gun’* i gesture to my truck, specfically my fur missle partner* ajax over there happens to be real good at finding both guns and perps, and with a 6 story apartment building im thinking i put him to work, ill rock my taser, with you as lethal cover and i get another car or two to cover other exits but its your call il follow patrols lead as my sections an augmentative force to you guys, i might have stripes but im not a feild supervisior, thats 220’s job’

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

I listen to the Sergeant as he introduces himself and explains everything. As I listen, I survey the building in front of me. The place will be a sucker to search through -- possibly a job for a lot more Deputies then we have here. After the Sergeant is done, I reply, 'I'm Ed, nice to meet ya. Uh, does the place have a back door or other ways out? And do you have an idea where the gun is?' After this I key my radio. "Control, 207. The suspect is reportedly inside the building. Can we get additionals and a supervisor to the location?'

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202

‘ i was just about to do a lap around and find out,when you rolled up, as to getting a supervisior… Sgt bruno miiiiight be on that suspicious delivery but we’ll see who rolls our way’ * i say as i lok back to the building specfically at any windows with movement* ‘ the guy might bolt but seeing as were about to have a buncha units roll up, maybe we outta turn our blues on, worse case he cant out run my partner’

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

*stepping out of my cruiser seeing 207 and Patterson talking*

'Do you want to head out back with the dog and see if there's a door? I'll hold things out here.'

'Let's wait for one or two more units when they arrive one or two will stay out side then i'll take who ever is left and clear this building but for right now from everything i had he was still upstairs some where'

image.png

Deputy Emilia Koster
Unit 204

Badge 2204

I’m right around the corner as I hear the call coming in. 
“203 ERT I’m responding code 2”

I arrive shortly after. I see a couple people standing around. I park my cruiser, key up the mic “203 is on scene”. I then get out and walk up to the others. 

SheriffDep%20Generic.png

Deputy Darius McMillan
Unit unassigned

Badge 2207

I look over as several more units roll into the lot, and then listen as 206 speaks. 'You've been around a lot longer than me,' I say. 'Just tell me where to go, I guess. For all we know he's standing behind the door with a gun. All we know is that he went inside. Someone needs to go round back real fast.'

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202

*Seeing how this is bound to be a shitshow.*

"211 responding."

*I quickly get on scene and pull behind 203.*

"211 is out."

*I approach the group of cops standing around with no apparent plan.*

'So... Whats the plan?'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

Pulling up on scene I hop out of 200 to see what the fuck is going on here.  Already got an idea though as I've been listening to the radio.

"200 on scene"

As I walk up I hear plans for the possible use of the dog and shake my head.

'No dog, keep him in the car.  Patterson, guard the back exit.  Hawke guard the front.'

Picking them for those roles as they are the first I happen to get my eyes on.  Seeing Richardson out with his patrol rifle causes me to mentally sigh from the PR disaster we could be having in the future from that.

'Richardson put that rifle away and pair up with McMillan, Caldwell pair up with Koster.  Both of you pairs go do the vertical sweep up the building to find this guy.  Got it?  Good, now go.'

Fucking hell I am going to need something stronger than aspirin today.

"200 to ERT, send no more additional units"

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*I lieutenant arrives and immediately puts out a plan.*

'Koster come with me, We'll take the elevator up and we take the north stairs they can take the south. Check every floor on the way down and watch the stairs, Dealers put grease on the stairs so you slip if you try and chase them. Have your gun out when you do them, Also keep your light on because a lot of these staircases are dark. You ready?'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

Hearing the LT order me to put away the AR, I nod and head back to my car. The order seems odd to me. If I'm not going to use the rifle when walking into a building with a possibly-armed felon inside, when am I going to use it? Whatever though. I place the rifle back in its rack and, unholstering my service pistol, jog back to the group of Deputies. I turn to McMillian and say, 'Ready to roll.'

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202

*Taking lead on this I lead the 3 other cops into the lobby. It smells like piss and stale weed. There are a few residents in the building.*

'Hey anyone here see a guy running around with a gun and a bag of food?'

'Why do you need to ask us how to do your job? People running around here with guns and the police don't do shit'

'Well I'm asking you if you saw a man running around here with a gun. If you don't want to answer then don't blame me the next time one of your kids gets there heads blown off. If you want to help make your neighborhood safer here's your chance.'

*Nobody says a thing for a moment.*

'Whelp see you guys when the next one of your kids get shot in the courtyard.'

*I walk over to the the elevators and hit the button for up. The elevator door opens up and we all enter.*

'They know exactly who were looking for.'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

I nod to McMillian and follow him and the other Deputies into the building. I keep my weapon aimed at the floor. My nose wrinkles as we enter; I'm still not quite used to going in these slummy places. After listening to the super productive conversation between Caldwell and the natives, I follow them into the elevator. It crosses my mind to turn my barrel-mounted flashlight on, but I decide to wait until we get upstairs to see how the lightning situation is.

sd211dep.png

Unit 211

Badge 2202