Break Room

Z. Russo

I walk into the break room, taking a quick survey to see who was there. Fuck. Russo. And some chick deputy that weirdly looks like him. Russo is biting the sergeant's head off about something, and I debate whether or not to get involved for a moment as I start making a cup of coffee. I take a closer look at the female deputy, wondering if she's somehow related to Russo, then glance at Russo again.

'You the Captain's niece? I didn't know he had family working here.'

I figure that question totally ignoring the Captain's presence in the room would probably piss him off pretty well.

sd217cpl.png

Corporal Richard O'Reilly
Unit 217

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1943

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really I just wanted a hot dog and not what's going on here.  Really should have gone to the park to get said hot dog but I just had to come in here for something just as good but doesn't exist.  Almost makes me want to sigh.

'As I just said, never met him before.'

sd253dep.png

Deputy Paige Rutland
Unit 253

Badge 2203

'You the Captain's niece? I didn't know he had family working here.'

*I glare at Ricky*

'You of all fuckin people, Stay the fuck out of my business!'

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

'It's her business I'm in, actually, but thanks. I wasn't speaking to you.'

'Yes but I'm addressing you'

*I glare at him*

'You know I can take days for insubordination'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

"I'm not being insurbodinate. This is a hostile work environment and I have a witness. Should I retrieve a union rep?"

I take a sip of my coffee. I knew Russo was bluffing and wasn't actually going to do anything for this little bit. He was just trying to show how big and in-charge he was. I was not going to tolerate that bullshit.

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

Keeping my mouth shut now as things in the room seemingly start heating up between the Captain and the Deputy who just walked in.  There seems to be some beef between these two and I can almost feel my eyes getting wider as the tension flairs.

sd253dep.png

Deputy Paige Rutland
Unit 253

Badge 2203

"I'm not being insubordinate. This is a hostile work environment and I have a witness. Should I retrieve a union rep?"

'Disrespectful to your captain counts as insubordination. As for hostile work environment your the one causing it. It would be in your best interest to stop harassing fellow deputies and disrespecting your commanding officer '

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*Walking into the Break room to grab a cup of coffee before heading to the Swat area i see Russo Reaming out O'Riley*

'ANNDDD i'll be leaving now i don't really need that cup of coffee after all' 

*turning around i leave the break room not even asking what happened* 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

'I haven't been disrespectful. If you believe there's a problem and you'd like to have a meeting, I can get a union rep. Otherwise I'm gonna go.'

I take a sip of my coffee and glance over at the other deputy. Had to be awfully awkward for her to get caught in the middle of this.

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

'I haven't been disrespectful. If you believe there's a problem and you'd like to have a meeting, I can get a union rep. Otherwise I'm gonna go.'

'Coward. You stir shit up and call the union when you get called out'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

'I haven't stirred up any shit. I'm just protecting myself from a captain that thinks he can abuse his authority over petty personal grudges.'

I take another swig of coffee. This was a little satisfying, knowing how easily I got under Russo's skin.

'I didn't even speak to you until you spoke to me, need I remind you. I was prepared to avoid conflict at work, like a professional.'

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

'Petty personal grudges?'

'Petty personal grudges!'

*There's way too many people here to blow this up right now, I'm not about to air my dirty laundry infront of the whole station. I quickly compose myself.*

'Get back out on patrol. Right now. Bruno find him something to do'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

As the deputy and the Sergeant clear out of the room I am left baffled at the hostile interaction I've witnessed just now.  Really all I wanted was a hot dog.  Should have gone to the park from the start instead of trying to find something just as good here.  Really want to say something but I'm left speechless.  Hope the rest of my colleagues here aren't like that.  Can't see why they would but they can't all be like that, right?

'Could have stayed out of my business too.'

Mumbling to myself as I decide to get a cup of coffee feeling a bit annoyed now.

sd253dep.png

Deputy Paige Rutland
Unit 253

Badge 2203

• 1 year later...

Returning to the station for lunch after patrolling all morning I enter the break room and place the KFC I got for lunch on the table.  Sitting down I open the box of chicken strips and fries.  Slow shift so far for me as I've only run into a few traffic stops so far.  Hopefully that luck continues as I pull the biscuit out of the box and take a bite into it.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504