Duty Room

K. Summers

*jackson vs death machine 2.FIGHT! The thought races through my head of the shitshow waiting to happen in the van but like any other vehicle ive driven ill learn to wrangle the sprinter in the snow too but first i needa locate my new partner* miller, you here?’* i scan trying to spot any new faces 

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 1714

‘ congrats whiskey’ * i smile   As i move to leave* ‘ heres hoping its not a total cluster out there with the storm, gonna give the scue a once over’ 

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1319

* i look her over the mug the body type  either she served or her man does if shes got one* ‘ bobby ray jackson’ i say offering a two finger salute as her hands are full my texas accent is mostly controlled* ‘ ill show ya around if ya like, nice ta meet ya,keiko’

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

*i chuckle as i lead the way* ‘ its top heavy two wheel drive over engineered Mercedes Benz crap known as a sprinter van’ * i say again trying to limit my texas drawl,and the insults that i get with it*

((@cyreta, bay area next))

Edited by Vanguard

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

*Taking my assignment to the rescue I really wonder if this will earn me my bugle. Walking out of the duty room, I raise my arm up.*

'Alright guys, Rescue with me, I want to familiarize with this rig. It's February and I guess I didn't get my Valentine, so I've gotta settle for you. Captain Stone wanted him all to himself.'

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*I walk over to Anderson with the mug in my hands. Maybe she can show me around a bit.*
‘Hey you’re Anderson correct? Congrats to your promotion. I’m Joshua I’m gonna be taking your probie spot.’ I say as I reach out for a handshake. 

Edited by JussnGER
  • Like 1

engine11ff.png

Firefighter Joshua Grimm
Engine 1

Badge 2102

‘Great nice to meet you. Do you have any advise you can give me as a fresh probie?‘ After I said that I take a Deep Spion my coffee which is still steaming hot. But I realize that too late and burn my mouth for good. I try not to make a scene out of it but I sure as hell make a weird face.*

Edited by JussnGER

engine11ff.png

Firefighter Joshua Grimm
Engine 1

Badge 2102

‚Alright will keep that in mind thanks. Well I haven’t been around kn the station at all could you show me around?‘ I ask while still having pain in my mouth. I think my tongue starts to swell a bit. Damnit.*

engine11ff.png

Firefighter Joshua Grimm
Engine 1

Badge 2102

• 3 weeks later...

*As I make my way through the departments main door I notice that I’m the first one here. I just check my watch to make sure I’m neither super early or too late. That’s not the case so I quickly put my stuff in the sleeping quarters and grab myself a coffee in the duty room while I wait for everyone else to arrive.*

engine11ff.png

Firefighter Joshua Grimm
Engine 1

Badge 2102

* after parking my new powerstroke in the lot i kill it and step out* ‘man i gotta put my shit back on it now,fuck’ * i say to myself as i grab my duffel bag outta the back of the cab and lock it clipping my keys to my belt and walk in to the duty room*

’ hey guys, im here’

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

* i pull into the lot and park my truck tossing the empty gas station cofee cup in the first trash bin i see  hoping the shifts not a clusterfuck like last time as i walk into the duty room*
’ hey y’all’

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

Walking into the room, I stand in the back, next to Noel and smile

'Glad to be finally done with the acting role Noel? I'm sure riding a truck will be much nicer. Know much about the new lt? A good cook?' I say with a little chuckle, just audible enough for others to  hear.

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801