Duty Room

K. Summers

Located at the front of the station, the duty room is the home of the morning parade, where the incoming 24 hour shift meets for briefing and assignment. Additionally staff may be assigned here to monitor incidents or complete reports. 

http://lelandfiredept.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/IMG_2195.jpg

FireCpt%20Generic.png

Captain Karen Summers
Unit Not Assigned

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1612

*I stand at the front of the duty room with Captain Summers. As I'm on semi official business, I'm wearing a casual uniform, with a black sweater and no tie. Over my sweater I'm wearing my 5.11 duty jacket, the identification flaps down, since I'm in unfamiliar territory. My ID card hangs from my belt, with my badge on the left breast drop down panel. My right and rear panels display the reflective ERT. I wore my black toque into the station, but as it's much warmer, I've since stripped it off."

"Welcome back. Your department looks like it's finally back online with the ERT communications services. Thank you all for reporting in, and Captain Summers will be overseeing shift today. I just wanted to say hello and welcome you back into our digital family. With that, I'll let you folks return to regular role call. "

*I nod to Karen and let her start the role call*. 

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

*I stand at the front of the room with the commissioner. After a long outage and many phone calls back and forth with IT, our shift is finally back to normal. I'm wearing my typical uniform for shift, a pair of fitted duty pants and an approved tee shirt underneath my 5.11 pullover. My ID hangs on my belt loop, clearly visible, and I stand at ease, with my hands behind my back as I look at the still assembling crew*

'Fire crew, please report in'

FireCpt%20Generic.png

Captain Karen Summers
Unit Not Assigned

Badge 1612

*I walk into the duty room, choosing a spot to lean against the wall as I sip a Bang. I glance around the room, frowning slightly that I was the first. Rare occasion.*

"Paramedic Stone, present," I say, raising my Bang to the captain in a greeting. 

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

*I follow Stone into the room wearing the normal duty uniform with a job shirt over it, taking a look around a see that only Stone was in the room with Burke and Summers.*
'Lieutenant Baker present.' I say before looking toward the door to see if any others were following.

engine11lt.png

Lieutenant Katherine Baker
Engine 11

Badge 1704

*Walking into the room I find myself to be the first EMS person their along with the Commissioner*

'Morning commissioner.'

*I get the printout of the people scheduled to come in today and begin to make notes to see what vehicle I will be assigning them*

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*after a while off work shocked that i got the call that were back and catching up with people back home i ease my new Silverado into the parking lot i hadent worn my Duty uniform in a bit but it luckily still fits me smoothing it out i head inside arriveing at the duty room i spot the Commissioner secretly thanking myself for not bringing my dog to work incase its not ok anymore as i clip my keys to my belt spotting a few faces i know* 'Morning everybody' * i say as i tap my lock button for my truck on my keychain *

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

*after stopping to grab a coffee and breakfast i pull my Ram into the station parking lot,not recognizeing Daves truck but spotting the plate i know im in the right station parking lot and park my truck wherever i can fit it,finish the breakfast sandwhich i ordered aswell as the coffee then step out ensureing my truck locks my hand instinctively goes to where my holster typically is as i used to always store my gun in the toolbox  of my truck but my brain catchs up with the fact i just locked it in the lockbox in my truck so i stuff my keys in my pocket and head inside* 'Howdy Y'all' * i give the  unknown faces a respectful nod as i take a seat by Dave  after adjusting my  keys in my  uniform pants pocket*

Edited by Vanguard

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 1714

*The sound of 80s music and smell of old cheap beat up sports car smell up the air.* What is this? Is this a dream? No. I am back. Ready to lead. Lets do this friends. Team Fire Fam.* This is what i think as I come into the duty room. smelling like that because the old car is overheating and smoking and the stereo will probably start an electrical fire in the parking lot. I come in. "Hey everyone, if you don't know me, Frank here." I shed a tear not seeing Ewan in the room. I pull out a beer and pour one for the homie.

Don't ask where I got that beer.

spacer.png
Firefighter Paramedic Frank Garcia
Squad 1

Badge 1122

*I pull up to the station and park. Pulling out my overnight bag and blanket from the trunk, I lock my car as I walk away towards the station. Once inside, I head for the crew quarters and drop my stuff just inside the bunk room door. I head down to the Duty Room and see that it's starting to fill. I head over to the cluster of EMS folks.*

'Morning everyone' I say to the EMS people.

Generic%20Paramedic.png

Logan Sparks, Paramedic
Medic 2
Shiloh County Fire Department, EMS
Badge 1808

*I walk into the station, blinking my eyes tiredly against the sun. My backpack is slung over one shoulder, and my clipboard under one arm. I badge into the station, catching the door on my heel as I walk through. I quickly duck into the bunk room and drop my bag on my bunk before striding to the duty room. I catch a glimpse of the commissioner inside the door, and take an extra moment to straighten up my uniform before walking in to stand near the EMS half of the room.*

'Morning.'

*I give Garcia a side eye as I see him "pour one out", watching the firefighters mill about. 'At least I'm not late' I think as I stand and wait for assignments.*

medic12pm.png
Paramedic Rory Dunne
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 1804

*I hang back as Karen hands out the assignments, it was known to both of us that we were getting a new unit shortly but until then we had Engine 12 and Squad 1. The assignments until the transfer to the rescue engine are Engine 12 having Captain Summers, Garcia, Stone and Valentine. With Squad 1 having myself and Miller.*

'Everyone has their assignments as given by the Captain, if you have any questions feel free to bring them up to one of us, otherwise first thing when this is done is do a quick check over of the trucks and make sure everything is working.'

With that I turn back to commissioner.

'Do you have anything else for us sir?'

*It was at this point where we got the tones for our first call of the shift, I quickly make my way to the vehicle bay to get ready.*

engine11lt.png

Engine 11

Badge 1704

*As I pull into the parking lot, I see the Engine and Squad pulling out of the bays, lights and sirens. Shit, I missed a call. I think to myself. I know I'm new, and probably would only just get to watch, but if it wasn't for the stupid transfer paperwork, I would've been here on time. When I walk into the station, I see a man who is definitely not a firefighter stood up in the bays, closing the doors.*

'Hello? Hi, I'm the new fire medic, Jen Noel. You must be from the ERT?'

'Yeah, Commissioner Burke. Were you the transfer from Chicago? I guess you got stuck at the office this morning?'

'That obvious? Yeah. HR had me in for what felt like a thousand forms. Maybe I'll get to making breakfast while the trucks are out?'

'Good plan, bait them with food'

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

• 2 weeks later...

*I roll my eyes slightly as I walk in hearing Garcia whining about the mullet.*

'What? The Mullet? It makes you like a blast from the past. Its not bad...though Im pretty sure some people think otherwise.'

*I grin to myself as I sit down and fill out the paperwork from the last call*

engine11lt.png

Engine 11

Badge 1704

*I report for my second shift, walking in wearing my station uniform. I look over at Garcia, who I'm still not sure I like, and nod. Looking up to the captain, I speak up.*

'Morning captain.'

*I pull up a chair while I wait for the rest to report*

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

• Kat changed the title to Duty Room