Duty Room

K. Summers

' I settled them down now. We'll go upstairs and I'll bring you up to speed afterwards.' Turning towards the crew. 'Fire Roster, running Engine 93 today. 

Engine 1:

Cpt Stone
FF EMT Valentine
FF Cook
FF Andersen 

Ladder 1:

Lt. Noel
FF Wilson
FF Beard
FF Boorne

Squad 1 (NPC)

Lt. Gary Robinson
FF/PM Earl Richards

Rescue 1 (NPC)

a/Cpt. Cody Smith
FF Roy Rerick
FF/PM Monique Currier
FF Juan Coggins

Fire 1 (NPC)

FF/PM Erika White

West Command

PC Jose Ward

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2001

Mostly stayed quiet throughout the situation; honestly I was just listening to music on my phone though I could definitely hear them yelling.  Now hearing my assignment to engine 1, I get up and head down the bay to take care of my gear.

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

*I walk out of my office after discussing matters with Noel*

'Ok we have to change around a few vehicles due to PM. Jackson, Your partner is coming in late so just hang out until she gets here. Just a few things of note. M7 has been in the eastern part of the county for almost a year. I don't know how they run out there. M15 was assigned to the airport for a hot minute. They don't work as much as we do. Check the trucks. This is important, Expiration dates things that were never restocked. Check that shit.'

M1

Breslin

Sjostorm

M7

Murdoch

Moore

M15

Jackson

Miller

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

• 5 weeks later...

*easeing my truck into the lot i quickly grab my things,after throwing my extra clothes in my locker i walk into the duty room spotting only erika at the moment as i sit down*

'morning erika'

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

I walk into the duty room and head up to the front, checking the printout. Boorne had already let me know he was running a couple minutes behind, but it was still early. Maybe he'd make it in time.

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

Having just one of those mornings, I check my uniform one last time as I go through the front doors, looking at the reflection. I take off my cap as I enter the hallway, head up the stairs to my office and toss my bag on my bunk. I'll make the bed up later. Turning back towards the main  floor, I walk into the duty room, already buzzing with conversation and make my way towards the front of the room with Marcus.

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

'Alright, everyone, let's gear up. 

Captain Stone will have Cook, and Beard on the Engine, When Boorne shows up, he's there too. Wilson, you're with me on squad. Lieutenant Robinson will have Rickart, Jacons, and Coggins on the Rescue. He's going on as acting Captain on Rescue. Truck is Lt. Smith, Rerick, White and Richards. Fire 1 is going to be Currier. PC is Ward in west, Hewitt is acting East PC today. If there's no questions, I'm good to get moving?'

Engine 1

Captain Mark Stone
Firefighter Bruce Beard
Firefighter Ian Boorne
Firefighter Landon Cook

Squad 1

Lieutenant Jen Noel
Firefighter Dave Wilson

NPCs Units: R1, L1, F1, U22

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

• 4 weeks later...

* after what seems like a while of personal time,i ease my truck into the station lot parking i kill it and step out slinging my duffel bag over my shoulder as i lock it up,with no cofee ill needa grab something but as i badge in u glance around while clipping my keys to a belt loop,after heading to the mens quarters i set my duffel bag on a bed then as im already in my station pants and such move to the duty room,im the first one here waiting for an asignment*

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

These shifts before Christmas are always weird. I take a look at the computer screen for the roster, as well as the various special events planned for SCFD units. I wonder did we draw the lucky straw this year?

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

* im late as all hell from my trip from kimberley pulling my truck into the parking i grab my bag and shut the door with my ass ,sprinting to the door as it opens i lock my truck throwing my spasre clothes bag in the first bunk i see in the EMS quarters  before i finally walk into the duty room* 'hey y'all sorry im late' * i say realizeing i left my cofee in my truck,ill needa grab it after starting the day'

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 1714

Before the Captain gets up to read out his roster and assignments, I join several of the department brass, knowing other chiefs are going to be in the other stations for this announcement.

'Good morning, I won't keep you long, I just wanted to personally inform you all that after recent negotiations with county administration the EMS contract for 911 services has been amended and SCFD will be taking over for AMR effective January 1. The ERT is assisting SCFD with vehicle acquisition, and a fully updated chart will be announced by your management as the date comes closer, however SCFD will provide primary EMS services to Fort Shannon, Delmore, Oxnard, Arcadia and continue with secondary service as required to support Code Blue who will continue their contract in Essex, and CFU EMS, which will handle the eastern portion of the county. 

'It is my understanding that the SCFD will be posting and promoting additional officers for EMS to increase the supervisory capacities due to the increased staffing. At peak operations, SCFD will be operating north of 50 EMS first response, ambulance and community paramedic units. 

'Additionally the ERT will be matching fire department funding for an extra tanker assigned in Delmore to help with aging infrastructure. I encourage you to apply to your platoon chief if you are interested in any of the additional opportunities. More information on the EMS changes will be made available soon.'

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

As Burke finishes his announcement, I see Stone go speak with him and the Deputy Chief. While they talk, I grab the truck assignments. 

'Alright everyone, Engine and Squad are going down to the parade today on special event duty, pending a major alarm changing that assignment. 

Engine 1
Captain Stone
Firefighter Cook
Firefighter Valentine
Firefighter Anderson

Squad 1

Lt. Noel
Firefighter Beard

NPC Units, Rescue 1, Ladder 1, Fire 1

As usual guys, on parade duty we're there for show and tell but also any alarms that come in. ERT will be set up with a command post, and there's going to be a dispatcher on scene specifically for any alarms that come in within the area. I do have a notice here from the Deputy Chief regarding amended alarm bells response along the parade route. For any alarm only calls on the parade route only, the response will be Engine 1, Squad 1 and West Platoon Chief. If there are any higher alarms, calls will be dispatched as normal. This is to accommodate road closures. 

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001