Medical Alarm Call Number 09212023

R. Martin

'Also when we entered he was face down i rolled him over did a pulse check didn't feel anything Asked Jacobowski to get the lucas out of the truck. Afterwards i made the call for you and first responders from station 2 and they never showed, Once Jacobowski got back in here he set up the Lucas and took over breathing well i check the medicine cabinet for anything that might lead us to possible heart issues like Nitro, Didn't locate anything so i came back out hooked up our monitor where it confirmed what we already knew, shocked him once started compression's again did a pulse check and didn't locate anything monitor advised shock again so we shocked him again, and on the third time you walked in and now we are here LT' 

*looking up at the Lucas as the Battery dies*

'Fuck just what we needed Jacbowski was there a second battery in the truck?'

image.png 

EMT David Callahan
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 2027

'Fuck just what we needed Jacbowski was there a second battery in the truck?'

As the machine whirrs down, I look at the case and see the spare battery pouch is full. I undo the velcro and pull out the battery.

"Um, no, it's in the case where it should be?" I swap the batteries, waiting for the medic lieutenant to either call it or intervene. 

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Benjamin J. Jacobowski, III
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2201

'Why the fuck would you leave your partner alone to rifle through the patient's medicine cabinet?'

*My mouth agape as Callahan tells me the stupidest thing Ive ever heard. I take a second to compose myself*

'Ok so last shock was 2 minutes prior. Unknown downtime'

*I hear the Lucas device slowly calm down.*

'Fucking wonderful'

'Callahan take over compressions. BJ get on the bag.'

*I check the monitor BLS had put on and see its asystole now despite them telling me that they shocked him prior to my arrival.*

'This guys fucked.'

*Kneeling down I see that his veins have collapsed from being down so long. Hes big so getting an IO is going to be difficult.*

'I'm gonna have to work it for a few before we can call it.'

*I begin to go through the bag and pull out the IO drill. I get a spot on the tibia and drill. I begin pushing Epi.*

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

'Callahan take over compressions. BJ get on the bag.'

*taking the lucas off i start Manual compression's again*

'This guys fucked.'I'm gonna have to work it for a few before we can call it.'

'1,2,3,4.....14,15,16.....,28,29,30. Two Breaths Jacobowski'

image.png 

EMT David Callahan
Medic 1

Badge 2027

Continuing working the bag, I give my breaths and speak to the lieutenant in between her steps.

"I have the batteries swapped in the LUCAS. You want to hook that back up, or hold off on it for now?"

I'm only partly sure that she didn't leave the LUCAS off as a punishment to Callahahn.

medic1-2emt.png

Medic 1

Badge 2201

"I have the batteries swapped in the LUCAS. You want to hook that back up, or hold off on it for now?"

'Hold off.'

*Since enough time has passed I feel comfortable enough calling. After a quick call to the MD.*

'Stop CPR. Time is 1114.'

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

I stand and start to pack up the gear that I can, no point kneeling next to the corpse any longer.

"Did you want us to stay around with you, or head back to duty? I know at least one of us needs to wait for transfer, but not sure what you'd rather."

medic1-2emt.png

Medic 1

Badge 2201

After what seems like an hour, Breslin finally formulates a response. Man she's really off her game today.

"No, yo go on, I'll wait here for sheriff. When we get back to station, come to my office."

"Alright, Come on Dave, let's go pack up"

medic1-2emt.png

Medic 1

Badge 2201

"Alright, Come on Dave, let's go pack up"

"yea lets get out of here" 

*Grabbing the med bag zipping it up as Benny boy gets the lucas i grab the stretcher and walk out to the truck and place everything in the truck i walk around to the passenger side door and hop in keying up*

"Medic 1 ERT we are clear off the card you can take us off of it" 

*releasing the PTT i place the mic back in the holder and wait for benny to get in* 

image.png 

EMT David Callahan
Medic 1

Badge 2027