Shooting Incident Call Number 09222023-02

R. Martin

*As I finish taking the initial statement, I turn off the voice recorder*

'Ok from what I see we have some issues I see already. You said that Wagner witnessed this and he has your rifle? Also where is Barillio?'

Detective Sergeant Edward McSorley
Unit Unassigned

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department Professional Standards Division
Badge 2042

'Ok from what I see we have some issues I see already. You said that Wagner witnessed this and he has your rifle? Also where is Barillio?'

*I shake my head and sigh*

'What are the issue's if you say its cause i shot the tire out then your wrong cause if i hadn't you would be here doing a completely different investigation and telling someone's family their father son brother is dead cause someone ran them over'

*i take a final swig from my water* 

'And like i said sir rifle is with wagner and i assume Barrillo is in his car which is Car 207'

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

'What are the issue's if you say its cause i shot the tire out then your wrong cause if i hadn't you would be here doing a completely different investigation and telling someone's family their father son brother is dead cause someone ran them over'

'Well, I can tell you were going to have a long conversation about everything wrong that you did, In my office at a later date. As of right now you are on admin leave pending investigation. I would advise you to drop your badge and Department ID over to my office when you get back to the station.'

*I step out of the car.*

'I'll be in touch to discuss this further.'

*I walk over to car 207. With Deputy Barillo sitting in the front seat. I knock on the window.*

'Sergeant McSorely, IA. I need to speak with you regarding everything that happened today'

Unit Unassigned

Badge 2042

'Well, I can tell you were going to have a long conversation about everything wrong that you did, In my office at a later date. As of right now you are on admin leave pending investigation. I would advise you to drop your badge and Department ID over to my office when you get back to the station.'

'Yea whatever'

*I Turn my Car back on and radio on*

"ERT 209 Clear off the shooting mark me out of service have a good afternoon"

*Releasing the ptt on the mic i put it back in the center console and place the car in reverse and back on to broad street and head towards the station* 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

Finishing up with the detectives, I look around at the significant presence of people who do not need to be on patrol. With confirmation from the brass,.it's time to get back to work.

"ERT, 211 is clear of scene"

"Come on Bagley, let's go do some police work"

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department 
Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

With investigations and replacement deputies showing up I head on over to Allen and Jones who are seemingly standing around.

'Ok, we are just about wrapping this up for investigations to take over.  You two can clear off of this call'

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

Lieu Blackburn came up to the scene to let us know we could hop off the call. It was pretty good timing because I just received a call about a library fist-fight…in the biography section.

’Okay, Lieu. I’ll see you guys later, I’m gonna take this library call.’ I began walking down to my car and spoke into my radio.

My first call was over. And I also began hoping that I could warm up to Sgt. McSorely. Even his name has “sore” in it so probably not any time soon.

sd206dep.png

Deputy Pat Jones
Unit 206

Badge 2308

Hearing Blackburn tell me that I can clear off, I give him a brief nod as I swing open the driver's side door of my car and hop in, turning the keys in the ignition as I shift into gear, grabbing the mic.

"201 ERT, show me back on patrol"

I begin to drive away from this mess of a call.

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

*after what seems like forewver,and honestly cause it woulda felt incomplete if i hadent,the female  who was distressed and holding the child finally opened up to me,she completes her statement and i go over mr andrews paperwork gain to make sure neither i nor he missed anything as IAB'S involved in this whole mess as i slip my pen into a pouch on my carrier i exit there apartment* Me: 'ill get your pistol back to you and be on my way sorry again all this took so long'

Mr. Andrews: dont applogize,nothing wrong with being through im just glad you guys caught the punk ,we both are' * by now im back at my unit i open the passenger door and grab mr andrews gun which had been in a cup holder unloaded handing it to him,while passing the magazine including the round i jacked out when i cleared the weapon to his sister,a further officer safety thing just incase shut my passenger door and move around to drive off*

Me:'you guys take care and dont hesitate to call us again  if something comes up'

Mr Andrews: have a safe shift sergeant

* i give a two finger salute and a nod as i pull away marking myself clear and available on the MDT as i also key up* "county from 230,initial report and statements taken,show me clear from original calls address and avalible,anything being held for me?"

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

"county from 230,initial report and statements taken,show me clear from original calls address and avalible,anything being held for me?"

"Negative at this time 230.

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 2099

*I get the deputies statement and walk back to my car. I will need to speak to one more deputy as a witness but this case is pretty cut and dry*

Unit Unassigned

Badge 2042

• Burke locked this topic