Fight in a library - Call Number 20230945

M. Price

SHERIFF UNITS x3 - FIST FIGHT IN PRGRESS AT FORT SHANNON PUBLIC LIBRARY. THREE PATRONS FIGHTING IN BIOGRAPHIES SECTION. STAFF ON SITE TO MEET DEPUTIES. 

SHERIFF UNITS X3

REPORTS OF FIST FIGHT IN BIOGRAPHIES SECTION

3X MALES, NO WEAPONS, NO INJURIES

STAFF TO MEET AT FRONT DOOR

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"206, show me responding"

Setting down the mic I flip on the lights and sirens as I head on over to the scene.  Wonder if the librarian is telling them to be quiet.  Wonder if they are fighting quietly.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

"Copy units 217 and 206."

Two more calls populate in the notes, call takers linking the incidents. 

"Units responding be advised, one patron has left the fight, is headed to the washroom area, the other two are still fighting."

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

“10-4, unit 202 is on the way to the scene,” I say as I pull my radio out. Why fist-fighting in a library, I was thinking. What, were they fighting over *books?* “Lemme repeat that, 202 is on pursuit to the scene.”

It was time for me to head to the scene at the library. I turned on my sirens and made sure to let the public know that I was needed for police work. I still couldn’t help wondering why there were people fighting in the library of all places.

I entered the library and went to the biography section of the building. There they were, fighting. One of the fighters, however, left and went to the bathroom, so it was just them two left.

Edited by Pat Jones

sd206dep.png

Deputy Pat Jones
Unit 206

Badge 2308

“10-4. Copy that. Imma stay alert.” I say as I put my radio up. I headed to the two men fighting. I pulled my radio out again. “These men are being pretty serious, you units oughta come soon.”

‘Hey, hey, that's enough!!’ I say as I head towards the scene. ‘Don’t y’all recognize there are people, little kids, here?!’ I continued to be on the lookout and watched my 12, 6, 3, and 9. There was still a man in the bathroom. ‘I’m Deputy Patrick Jones, both of you knock it off.’

I made sure to have all of my tools needed to defend myself from any one of these guys ready. While I know how to fight, it’s always good to be prepared. The thing is, you don’t want to fight the suspects, but you wanna understand why they did this thing. All I wanna know is why these guys were fighting in a damn library. 

Edited by Pat Jones
added some stuff. felt too short.

sd206dep.png

Deputy Pat Jones
Unit 206

Badge 2308

*Getting back in the car after nearly being shot i see another call pop up in the cad for a brawl at the library, Grabbing the Mic i key up*

"211 ERT show us responding to that Fight at the Library"

*Releasing the ptt i slide the mic back into it's holder and look at wagner as i buckle up*

'Is it typically this busy?'

sd211dep.png

Probationary Deputy Krystal Bagley
Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

"217 on scene"

I throw it in park and hop out, hustling up the steps. Going in alone on a three-person fight in progress was not exactly the smartest decision one could make, but I couldn't very well leave the other deputy alone. A librarian points the way, and I head inside to meet with Jones. I find him standing and watching the fight, announcing himself.

'Come on, man, get in there and break it up,' I tell him as I move towards the combatants.

'Sheriff's Department! Break it up, right now!'

sd217cpl.png

Corporal Richard O'Reilly
Unit 217

Badge 1943

A man I recognized, Deputy O’Reilly walked to the scene.

'Come on, man, get in there and break it up,' he told me as he walked up.

‘Man, what do you think I’m doing right now? Breakin’ up the damn fight.’ I reply with a sarcastic tone of voice.

O’Reilly and I separated the two men from each other. They were fuming with anger. 

‘What the hell are you two doing? Why are y’all fighting in a library?!’ I say as I hold the other man back. I look at O’Reilly. ‘Stay alert, man. There’s another one in the bathroom that hasn’t be caught yet.’

sd206dep.png

Deputy Pat Jones
Unit 206

Badge 2308

'Is it typically this busy?'

"Absolutely not. I believe you're called a dark cloud. After this call I'm dropping you back at the station for someone else to get a busy day. Actually I probably shouldn't, we'll end up with a jail break or the station'll blow. You do anything funny this morning? Pray to Satan?"

I pull in and turn off the siren, parking behind the two SCSD vehicles already on scene. I grab the radio before my  eager and cursed rookie can beat me to it. "211, we're on scene."

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

I give Jones a death glare as he answers me sarcastically. Who even was this guy? I could already tell this was not going to be a friendship. Professional coworkers, at the very best.

We pull the combatants apart, and I start to handcuff mine. I see Jones is just standing there with his.

'Cuff him. Pat him down. Don't just let him stand around, or he's going to-'

The words aren't even out of my mouth, and he takes off for the front door. Great. I grab the radio mic.

"217 211, I got a runner headed for the front door. White male, five-six, brown hair. Jeans and a Patriots hoodie. Also be advised our third combatant is still loose in the library - no eyes on him yet. BREAK, 217 ERT I have one detained."

I quickly pat down my perp, coming up with no weapons and nothing else of note.

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

"Absolutely not. I believe you're called a dark cloud. After this call I'm dropping you back at the station for someone else to get a busy day. Actually I probably shouldn't, we'll end up with a jail break or the station'll blow. You do anything funny this morning? Pray to Satan?"

'Uhh Maybe its cause i didn't want a coffee this morning Wagner i don't know'

*we pull up the address and wagner puts the car in park and marks us on scene when one of the deputies says he has a runner*

"217 211, I got a runner headed for the front door. White male, five-six, brown hair. Jeans and a Patriots hoodie. Also be advised our third combatant is still loose in the library - no eyes on him yet. BREAK, 217 ERT I have one detained."

*Unbuckling i get out of the car as wagner does*

'Its a Library how are you going to let someone run'

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

I stare at O’Reilly, who is giving me a death stare. I don’t blame him - it’s gonna take a while for us to become friends.

As I put one of the handcuffs on the men I was grappling, he decided to run off, with only one handcuff bracelet on his right wrist.

"217 211, I got a runner headed for the front door. White male, five-six, brown hair. Jeans and a Patriots hoodie. Also be advised our third combatant is still loose in the library - no eyes on him yet. BREAK, 217 ERT I have one detained." I hear O’Reilly say as he speaks into his radio.

‘Let’s just keep watch, the guy in the bathroom could come out at any moment. Best we could do is to stay at the scene.’

Edited by Pat Jones

sd206dep.png

Deputy Pat Jones
Unit 206

Badge 2308

I sit my perp down in a chair and turn around to see Jones still standing there. Not chasing the fleeing suspect. Who has one side of the handcuffs on. Who we actively witnessed committing a crime.

'Just why in the hell are you not chasing your perp? Get after him! I mean Jesus what the fuck are they teaching you guys in the academy? Jesus Christ, if he gets away because you didn't chase the supervisors are gonna have a field day with you. That's assuming they won't anyways.'

I shake my head. I couldn't believe it. This guy didn't cuff the suspect we detained, who is now running, and he isn't chasing him. He's gonna get one of us killed.

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

'Uhh Maybe its cause i didn't want a coffee this morning Wagner i don't know'

"Should've had that fucking coffee."

As I hear, that I swing the door open and jump out, Bagley following. She gives a quip to the effect of a polite wTF

"See, I told you. Rule 10!"

I make my way to the stairs and see a man come running out the door, looking backwards. I place myself firmly in his path and he collides at full speed with my extended arm. Unfortunately for him, I don't skip arm day, and he just happened to collide with me mid stretch. Definitely not a clothesline. 

"Don't. Fucking. Move. I'm not in the mood for this shit." I say, dropping down on top of the Patriots clad suspect. "Got somewhere to be?" I say, looking down and then up to Bagley. "With me! Now."

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

13 minutes ago, R. O'Reilly said:

I sit my perp down in a chair and turn around to see Jones still standing there. Not chasing the fleeing suspect. Who has one side of the handcuffs on. Who we actively witnessed committing a crime.

'Just why in the hell are you not chasing your perp? Get after him! I mean Jesus what the fuck are they teaching you guys in the academy? Jesus Christ, if he gets away because you didn't chase the supervisors are gonna have a field day with you. That's assuming they won't anyways.'

I shake my head. I couldn't believe it. This guy didn't cuff the suspect we detained, who is now running, and he isn't chasing him. He's gonna get one of us killed.

‘Well, excuse me for wanting to stay behind and let the deputies right outside catch the guy. Besides, I don’t know if you is capable of defending yourself, there’s another guy around here somewhere, O’Reilly.’

Maybe I should’ve run after him? But then again when you think about it, anything could’ve happened regardless.

As I am standing around, I see the third man who was evading us. He is swiftly walking behind the shelves and stuff, but I can see him. This was instense.

‘O’Reilly, I just saw the other guy. Let’s split up and meet halfway. I will chase the guy hiding, while you radio to see if any deputies are out there getting the other guy.’ I whispered to the deputy.

I began walking slowly behind him, trying to catch him. Instead of watching his six too, he was only paying attention to in front of him. I grabbed him and handcuffed him with the only other pair that I had on me at the moment.

‘You’re not going anywhere, punk. What the hell do you think you’re doing, fighting in the library?’ This time around, I’m holding the guy with a strong grasp.

Edited by Pat Jones

sd206dep.png

Deputy Pat Jones
Unit 206

Badge 2308

"With me! Now."

Getting up to wagner i grab one of the guy's arms*

'Jesus fucking christ dude how'd that brick wall feel' 

*looking at wagner as he grabs his radio*

'What the hell is wrong with today first a shooting now this bullshit do you typically clean up others messes?'

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

'Jesus fucking christ dude how'd that brick wall feel, What the hell is wrong with today first a shooting now this bullshit do you typically clean up others messes?'

The guy just groans, still a little winded from our collision.

"Next time I tell you a rule, it gets followed, without exception. It's like that Q word."

Keying my radio, I say "211, I've got one in custody. Where's my backup? Was no one pursuing this guy? Jesus, he's got half a handcuff set on."

"You must've got hit on the head real fuckin hard to think running FROM the sheriff's department INTO another sheriff was a great idea." I grab him by the arm and bring him over to the car. "We're patting you down, and then you're waiting in here. Try anything stupid again, you're getting to meet the business end of a real weapon. Don't test your luck."

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"211, I've got one in custody. Where's my backup? Was no one pursuing this guy? Jesus, he's got half a handcuff set on." I hear unit 211 say into my radio. I pick my radio up as I make sure the captured man doesn’t escape, which seems unlikely.

‘This is 202 Jones. He slipped from my grasp and escaped from me. I would’ve run after him but I saw one of the other guys. I got ‘em in my custody. This one ain’t getting away.’

Edited by Pat Jones

sd206dep.png

Deputy Pat Jones
Unit 206

Badge 2308

"You must've got hit on the head real fuckin hard to think running FROM the sheriff's department INTO another sheriff was a great idea." I grab him by the arm and bring him over to the car. "We're patting you down, and then you're waiting in here. Try anything stupid again, you're getting to meet the business end of a real weapon. Don't test your luck."

*Following Jerry and the suspect back over to the cruiser as Jerry pats him down i open the door*

'Dude that was stupid and i've seen some stupid things today and that tops everything the boys at the jail are going to laugh when they hear what you did'

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

I pat down the suspect, and sit him in the car.

"Come on Bagley. Normally I reserve my chewing out for my rookies, you might get to see a show of shows."

I walk in and see O'Reilly with another suspect, and a second deputy I assume is Jones standing there with no suspects.

"Ricky, come here for a second." I call out, and he steps to the side with me. "Bagley, if this guy runs, shoot him twice." I say just loud enough for the detained suspect to hear. I hope she doesn't take me literally. I position myself enough to watch her hands, just in case.

"I got one in my unit, you've got this guy the probie is sat on, where is number three?"

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"I got one in my unit, you've got this guy the probie is sat on, where is number three?" I heard a male voice say from inside.

I came out with the suspect whom I arrested back at the bookshelves. I handed him over to Wagner, who I heard a lot about.

‘Here’s the prick,’ I say as I see him grunt. ‘Tried sneaking out of here like that guy in your car, but I spotted him and put the handcuffs on him. Hardly said a word though, but I bet we’ll learn about the library fight soon enough.’

sd206dep.png

Deputy Pat Jones
Unit 206

Badge 2308

"Bagley, if this guy runs, shoot him twice."

'Yes sir'

*turning and looking at the guy who is just looking at the ground*

'So i gotta know why the library out of everywhere you could've done this you chose the library, did your mama drop you on your head as a child or?'

'i'm not talking'

'Didn't ask you too its called a rhetorical question we already know the answer'   

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

I can slightly hear Bagley in the background arguing with the guy in the car. I can't quite tell what they was talking about, it was probably about some questions or somethin'. O'Reilly, Wagner, and I are with the suspect I arrested. I wanted to ask him some more questions.

"Dispatch, this is 202 reporting that all three men are in our custody. Be prepared for their arrivals at the County Jail." I said into my radio. I looked back at the deputies.

'So, why did you initiate a fight with those three men? What, did one of them steal a book you wanted to check out? Or did they tell you to shush up?' I asked, teasing him. 'We all are eager to hear what you got to say.'

The man looks me in my eyes but doesn't say anything. It seemed he was taking his right to remain silent very seriously.  We were gonna get information out of him one way or another.

sd206dep.png

Deputy Pat Jones
Unit 206

Badge 2308

• Alpha locked this topic