C. Aylward

Time: 16:42 Weather 52F, clear

'911 what's your emergency?'

'Yeah, Betsy, she just got run down.'

'Sir, where are you located?'

'I'm on Ponderosa, by Main Street. Hurry.'

'I'm sending units right away. How old is Betsy?'

'She's 6.'

*Six? Jesus Fuck! I key for Kimberley Station and two ambulances, just in case.*

'Is she breathing?'

'I don't know, she looks like she's gonna be okay, but the car, it's pretty hard up.'

'Sir, what do you mean?'

'Like the hood is crumpled in, the passengers definitely need an ambulance.'

'Okay, I'm sending EMS. How many people are hurt?'

'There's two in the front seats, I can't really talk to them, but they look like they're in a bad way.'

'Two, including Betsy? Or as well as Betsy?'

'No, she's just a cow. We don't need an ambulance for her'

*Fucking. Hill. Billies.*

*I finish collecting information and update the call, this is not a human, it's a frigging bovine MVA.*

ENGINE, RESCUE, MEDIC, MEDIC, BOVINE MVA, MAIN STREET/PONDEROSA DRIVE.

Lieutenant Charles Aylward
Shiloh County ERT Communications Dispatch Supervisor
Badge 1663

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*i run out to Rescue opening the Bay door for it and getting on in the back putting on my bunker pants and helmet waiting for the rest of the crew*

'Holy Frig a another MVA'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2012

*Seeing the new girl basically sprint into the bay, I take my time, not running, but not stopping for coffee. I step into my boots, pull up the suspenders, and open the door to the driver's side. Climbing in, I watch the rest of the crew finish securing themselves. I cycle the engine, turning the rescue on, and let it warm up a second before shifting into gear and rolling out. I want to give every second to the engine to charge the battery before I strain it with the lights.*

'Lieutenant, we good?'

*I wait for his nod, before flicking on the light switch and rolling onto the road.*

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*Hearing the call go out I grab my gear and put some of it on before climbing into the engine and getting in my seat.*

'Guessing no burgers tonight.'

*Putting on some more of my gear.*

'Then again I might still be hungry for burgers after this call.  Guess we'll see.'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

'Absolutely, let's do it.'

*I pick up the radio mic.*

"Rescue 9 responding."

*I glance back towards Kat.*

'It'll depend on whether or not there's entrapment. If not, we'll probably just be assisting EMS.'

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

*I flick the light switch and feel the engine rev up to make up for the power drain.*

'Listen to her purr.. Or whatever that angry noise is.'

*Stone kicks the Q and I start driving towards the scene. Not much happening on the roads tonight, so traffic is light.*

'I mean, I guess we don't get these calls in the big city.'

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

"Engine 9 responding."

*As the officer marks us en route, I pull out of the bay and head towards the scene.*

'Alright, wonder if there's gonna be any entrapment. If so, they'll need a line pulled. If not, we'll probably just be cleaning up fluids and cow parts.'

ladder31ff.png

Firefighter Dave Wilson
Ladder 1

Badge 2013

*Pulling up up to Ponderosa Drive, I hear the engine putter a little less, like a load was lifted, and then notice. There's no lights flashing. I don't see that red glare on the street signs any more. The electric siren is pretty much gone, and the Q is winding down. I look to Stone, and he gives me a confused look*

'Um, did we just loose emergency equipment?'

'I think so'

'Alright. Guess that makes us a little bit of a hazard. I'm still getting engine power, but probably some kinda electrical short. I told you this thing was deadly. I'm gonna park and let the engine be our lights if that's good with you?'

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*Listening to Wilson I nod with what I guess is probably going to be the plan.  I'll probably be laying out the traffic cones before doing anything else again.  As I finish gearing up I notice that we're passing the Rescue with it's emergency lights off.  Odd.*

'Something go wrong with them?'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

*I groan as we appear to lose all emergency equipment.*

"Rescue 9, ERT, be advised we've lost all emergency equipment. We're going to be proceeding on non-emergent."

*I watch the engine pass us, and a few minutes later we pull up to the scene. There's cow parts strewn all over the road, and the car looks pretty banged up.*

'Alright, Noel, check on the occupants. Rogers, check and see if those doors are pinned. I doubt it, but let's make sure.'

"Rescue 9 is on scene, Rescue 9 Officer will have Main Street Command. ERT, be advised Main Street is closed at this time."

*I step out of the rescue, starting to a 360 of the scene.*

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Yeah, sounds like it,' *I say to Cook.*

"Engine 9 on scene."

*I pull up and park defensively, stepping out of the engine.*

'Cook, let's get some traffic control set up since KPD is nowhere to be found.'

Edited by estone

ladder31ff.png

Firefighter Dave Wilson
Ladder 1

Badge 2013

"Medic 7 responding."

*The Swedish girl pulls out of the station, following the engine and rescue towards the scene. I puff on my vape.*

'This is gonna be a fuckin disaster, guarantee it. Goddamn cow parts everywhere. I bet you. These fuckin people are either fucked up or fine, who knows. I mean, what the fuck kind of hick shit is this? Cow versus car? Fuck I hate this town.'

*A few minutes later, we pull up on scene.*

"Medic 7 is on scene."

*I step out of the ambulance, puffing my vape again.

medic7pm.png

Paramedic Tom Murdoch
Medic 7

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 2008

*as im pulling into the station i hear the tones drop yet again,rory hops out needing to handle a personal issue but i see him stop and talk to who i guess is another paramedic,who moves to climb upfront with me confused i dont say anything as  i shift the truck back into drive,seeing the lieuteant in her fly car spead out with medic 7,and the rest of the house,slotting in behind them all i mark us responding on the computer finally deciding to atleast introduce myself* ' howdy,names bobby ray,we got a new hire in the back,an emt named alyssa wee fully stocked so you shouldent need ta worry to much about gear' * after probably the briefest trip i pull up on scene behind medic 7* "medic 5s on scene" * i say into the mic just realizeing the entire update i gave the medic i was speaking in a strong texan accent

Edited by Vanguard

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

*Traffic cones.  Knew it.  Hopping out of the Engine as we get on scene I grab the traffic cones and walk a couple hundred feet pass the rescue.  Setting them across the lane I walk to the other side of the accident where I set up the cones as well.*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

*Coming to a stop as we pull up on scene I hop out of the driver's seat and head around to the back of the truck.  From the looks of the accident I can guess we're going to need everything.  It looks pretty bad, I'd be surprised if they were unharmed.  Yeah, it looks bad and yet I still want steak.*

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom
Medic 1

Badge 1315

*as where pulling up I hear tone out to mva oh shit well we get on scene i grab everything we need and put it on the stretcher while in the truck. as we pull up to the accident  I come out and pulls out the stretcher.id look around this look really bad* 

medic1emt.png

EMT Aylssa Smith
Medic 1

Badge 2020

*I step into the apparatus room as I see Medic 5 pulling back in, knowing that I’m supposed to be relieving somebody on that truck. As I hear tones drop for an accident I start walking fast towards the truck so the person I’m relieving can get out of here. We give a quick hello and introduction in passing before I step into the front of the truck. I get right down to business, pulling the charting computer out and begin filling out what I can on the chart based on the information on the computer - very basic info, start times, incident number, location, etc., as my partner drives us to the scene; the relative silence in vehicle broken with my partners introduction*

’What’s going on.’ 

*A typical New Jersey hello - not a real question, a generic greeting like anybody else’s ‘hello’ or ‘good morning’*

’Doug McGuire, nice to meet you both.’

*As we arrive on scene coming to a stop behind Medic 7, I hit the ‘On Scene’ timestamp on the chart and glance over odometer to get the starting mileage for the chart. I enter in the mileage then shut the computer, pull a pair gloves out of a box in the console and step out of the truck*

image.png

Paramedic Doug McGuire
Medic 1

Badge 0907

*I park the Rescue and take my orders, go after the patients, see if they're better than our bovine friend.*

'Shock, not a cop to be seen.' I mutter quietly, so only the rescue crew can hear me.

*I walk up to the window of the car, going to the driver first.*

'Hello, sir?' 

*He looks at me kinda blankly.*

'My name is Jenn, I'm with the fire department.' I Pull the door handle, and nothing happens. 'Can you unlock the doors?'

*He complies and I open the door. I crouch a bit and look in to his passenger, both are covered in blood, and who knows where it's from. The passenger side is a little worse off than the driver, but let's check it out. *

'Okay sir, do you think you can walk? If you're able to get out, I'll be able to get you up and maybe then we can take a look at your passenger. Ma'am, are you okay?'

*She nods, barely, but enough that I know she's mostly okay. At least enough to respond to questions.*

'Alright, I'm going to reach around and try to get your belt off, and then help you out of the car'

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*id Grab the medic bag and go over to the car That  jenn at so I can examine the driver once he get out  notice their blood everywhere Okay*

(me) “sir my name Alyssa what’s your name”

(driver)”jake my heading fucking hurts is the worse headache ever”

(me) “okay” *id wave my hand to Doug let him know to coming over here and then I shine a flashlight in his eyes*

(driver) “owe that too bright bitch *he spits in my face*

(me) *id Stand in shock*

medic1emt.png

EMT Aylssa Smith
Medic 1

Badge 2020

* as i park the truck i see the medic handle all the chart stuff i take in what i can see of the scene  before i finaly step out grabbing some gloves outta the drivers side door shutting ity behind me  as i pocket the gloves imediatly apprent is a mess of blood  being a ranch biy i know that a good bulk is the cows,which will probably needa be put down cause its legs look fucked ,my eyes then take in the damage said 800-1000+ pounds of beef has done to the car but i cant tell if anybodys pinned,then i see the rookie sorint over to the driver and suddenly see her stand while i approach with doug* 'what do you think happened just now seeing as she just jolted up just now?'

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

*id walk to Doug and Bobby and I’m fucking piss right now just got spit in the fucking face lucky I didn’t slap the guy I look at them*

”Bobby do we have spit mask” *id say in the angry tone*

*as I say that I reach on to grab my radio and speak into microphone*

”medic 5 to dispatch can you get pd here ASAP one of the driver’s just assaulted me”

Edited by Aidan721

medic1emt.png

EMT Aylssa Smith
Medic 1

Badge 2020