Patrol - July 2020

Blackburn

*After hearing my assignment is to 214 I head on over to the armory to get my patrol rifle and then continue on to the parking lot.  Seeing my probie waiting for me at the car I open up the driver's seat and stow my patrol rifle away.  Then I do a quick look around the SUV and get in the driver's seat  Shutting the driver's side door I turn on the engine as the probie gets in.  Doing a quick systems check next I make sure everything is in order before driving off.  As I leave the station I key up the radio.*

"214 in service"

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2025
sdto.png.006720580470e1f4230b35ea6c1fecd7.png

*After getting my assignment, I walk out to 272 and place my equipment in the passenger seat and proceed to climb in and start it up. I adjust the temperature control and do a quick test of the lights and the siren to ensure they function properly. I then put my seat belt on as I place the vehicle in drive and proceed out of the parking lot. 

“272, is in service.”

*I say as I key up the mic and continue on my way looking for any violations.*

sd204dep.png

Deputy Dave Lafferty
Unit 204

Badge 1117

*i get in 252 and start up the car and head out on patrol well keying up my radio* 

“ERT 252 Show me 10-8 On Patrol” 

“Copy 252 Have a Safe Shift sir” 

*i place my mic back in its holder and start the long process of dealing with morning traffic* 

sd252dep.png

Deputy Tim Bradford
Unit 252

Badge 2028

*Giving up hope of a ride along, I pull into traffic and immediately floor the accelerator, just to see the guts on this thing. And man can she purr.*

"ERT, 215 is in service, headed to South River to patrol."

"10-4"

*I let off on the throttle, dropping back to speed and make my way regularly south.*

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*id sit down and close the door as I’m drinking my ice coffee I decided to look on my phone and I see a text from my mom and then I see picture of me as a kid it suck being a probie I have a lot to learn*

sd204dep.png

Probationary Deputy Jay William
Unit 204

Badge 2016
17C4FD29-8D7C-4E7E-AF85-FB5663496C74.png

* after my  econd walk around of 230 i finally elect to get in and hit the streets keying up as i  exit the parking lot and ajax pokes his head up front* "county from 230,show me in service,roaming" * i ease into traffic and start my day  wondering what all's gonna happen *

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

*Hitting the streets, myself and my partner, a nurse by the name of Henry, head out on patrol. And by patrol, we mean buffing and coffee, because that's all we're really doing.*

"ERT, Em-Kit Sierra going mobile in Fort Shannon."

*I drive down the road, and start a chat up with Henry, getting to know him as a little more the other nurse in the car.*

mcitcpl.png

Corporal Diana Walter
MCIT-Sierra

Badge 2035

Shiloh County Health Mental Crisis Intervention Team Member

* i leave parade and after i grab my gear head out to 251 i breifly do my inspection and checks and then stow my gear   My rifle and bag upfront aswell as my breath test, as i leave the lot and log intomy computer i grab the incar mic* ‘ “ county from 251 on air and in service “

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

• 2 weeks later...

*after clearing from the taxi call i see a black car go blasting by a Intersection i flip my lights and sirens on and lay on the gas trying to catch up... they keep flying through intersections nearly hitting cars once i finally catch up they pull over and i put the car in park and pick my radio keying up* 

“ERT 252 Traffic Stop N1st St Black in Color Ford Fusion Occupied Times 1”. 

“Copy 252” 

* I get out of my cruiser and walk up to the car slightly touching the passenger side tail light once i get to the window i notice its a young female*. 

‘Good Afternoon Ma’am I’m Deputy Tim Bradford with the Shiloh County Sheriffs office do you know the reason i stopped you today’

’no ughh my dad is going to kill me heres my Id my name is Ashley Russo can i have your badge Number and Name Deputy Bradford’ 

thank you Ma’am.. And my Badge is 2028 and I’m Deputy Tim Bradford... Can i also see your Registration and Proof of insurance... and the reason i stopped you is you flew threw multiple intersections before i caught you visually your speed was close to 50 i didnt clock you soo you wont be getting a ticket for that today and I’ll be right back’ 

*i walk back to my car and get in logging into my MDT and running her name and plate both come back clear soo i write up a ticket for reckless driving and head back to the car*. 

‘Here’s your ticket today Miss Russo its for Reckless driving your court date is at the bottom and sign here please and heres your information back’  

*she signs the ticket and also takes a photo of it*. 

‘Okay Miss Russo Slow it down and watch the intersections I know i dont wanna have to tell your dad you got your self killed... you can pull away once i switch my lights off’ 

*i walk back to my car and get in flipping my lights off and pick up my mic and key up has she pulls away* 

“ERT 252 Show me clear back on patrol” 

*i put my mic down and put my car in drive and continue on my patrol* 

sd252dep.png

Deputy Tim Bradford
Unit 252

Badge 2028

*A few minutes later my phone lights up.*

*Text*

Dad just got pulled over, The deputy was a fucking dick. Fix this please

*End Text*

*I take the desk mic and move it close to the edge of the desk.*

"400 to county, Place Traffic unit 252 out of service admin and have him report to my office."

"10-4, Unit 252 report to the Operations office as per captain"

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

Unit 252 report to the Operations Office as per captain’

’What the fuck okay i guess this is the end of my life’ 

*i pick up my mic and key up*. 

“Copy” 

*i make a turn towards the police station* 

sd252dep.png

Deputy Tim Bradford
Unit 252

Badge 2028

*after being yelled at by Russo i get back in my car and head back out patrol putting my car in drive and picking up the radio and keying up

”ERT 252 show me back on patrol” 

*i put my mic down and decide its time to get some lunch* 

‘aye a taco truck imma stop and get me a three bean burrito’ 

*i stop and put my car in park and get out of my car locking it and walk up to the taco truck* 

hello sir welcome to speedy taco what can i get you’ 

‘One three bean burrito with Extra Sour cream and a Mt Dew’ 

*i reach into my back pocket and grab my wallet and take out my credit card and hand it to the dude and he swipes it and then hands me my food and drink. I walk back over to my car and get in it and put it in drive and find a alley and take my lunch break well waiting for the next call and finish doing some paperwork* 

sd252dep.png

Deputy Tim Bradford
Unit 252

Badge 2028