Patrol - October 2020

Blackburn

*Gathering my things up after parade I go to the armory to get a patrol rifle and shotgun before heading out to 207.  Arriving at the vehicle I open the door and stow away my gear.  Getting inside the vehicle I do my check list to make sure things work.  With things looking fine I start up the engine and key up the radio.*

"207 in service"

*Letting go of the mic I drive off and head towards Kimberly.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

*Typically I don't grab a patrol rifle while I head out on patrol but with what happened in the state's capital earlier this afternoon I feel like anything could happen.  As I arrive at 214 I open up the driver's door and stow away the rifle and the shotgun.  Waiting for Rothwell I take a quick walk around the SUV and then hop into the driver's seat.  A quick systems check later I shut the driver's door and wait for my probie.*

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025
sdto.png.006720580470e1f4230b35ea6c1fecd7.png

*after assignments i grab my duty bag and grab my Patrol rifle and duty pistol from the armory and head out to my car. Getting in my car i put my rifle in its rack and lock it and throw my duty bag in the trunk and check the car. once i notice the car is running smoothly and nothing is wrong with it i start it up and key up*  

“205 In service ready for calls”  

*i put my mic back in its holder and put the car in drive and start heading towards the coffee shop* 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

*With Selkirk on my mind, I take my SWAT go bag and squeeze it in the back seat of the patrol car. Something's not sitting right with me. They wouldn't tell me unless they thought it'd happen.*

"ERT, 206, I'm available on patrol."

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*Getting to my patrol unit I put Merlin into his cage and walk around to get to the driver's seat.  Stowing away my patrol rifle I get in.*

"231 available on patrol"

*Starting up the engine I shift gears to drive and ease my foot onto the throttle.  Leaving the station I make my way to Kimberly.*

sd230dep.png

Deputy Alejandro Sanchez

Unit 231

Badge 2038

*i pull up to the window and pay for my coffee and take it and pull back out on the road and start to head towards the highway* 

‘Jesus it feels good to be back on patrol i sure as hell missed this’. 

*i reach over and change the channel to the local rock music channel on my cars radio and settle in for the drive to Kimberly* 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

*After hearing the interest in Selkirk, and all that, I wonder where my night is going to end.*

'Mike, what do you say we head over to the East side of the County tonight? Double coverage in the city? Think we can sneak away?'

'Might be a good night shift after all.'

*With that, I turn onto the Interstate and make my way east.*

"ERT, MCIT-S is heading East. Anything in the area for our interest?"

mcitcpl.png

Corporal Diana Walter
MCIT-Sierra

Badge 2035

Shiloh County Health Mental Crisis Intervention Team Member

* exiting the sheriffs parkinglot i key up, electing to stay in fort shannon unless requested* “ county from 230,show me on the road in ft shannon” 

* i release the mic and as i merge into traffic i calm my growing nerves and gut feelings about what may happen and what has while kissing a pic of my wife and son on my cell uttering to the photo near silently* ‘ im commin home today promise ...’ 

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

* after roll call abd the news of whatever caused the explosion in the capitol i walk out to 251 stowing my patrol rifle up front for once while i do my checks and try to calm abd steady my nerves,finally i move to climb in my checks complete my rifle and patrol bag aswell as first aid kit upfront i ginally leave the lot ill run the interstste between fort shannon and kimberley* “251 to county,show me avalible” * i say as i release the mic and merge into traffic*

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

*Just outside of Kimberley, we get our first call of the night.*

"MCIT-S, can you respond to Clinton Town Hall? We've got a despondent lady, caller reports she's frantic, worried that we are next. Local PD on scene."

"10-4 ERT." 

*I nod to Mike, who flicks on the lights and we buzz our way back to town hall. Before I even have to, Mike has the lights flicked off and we're rounding the corner. Clinton has the lady in cuffs, and it looks like we're not even needed.*

"ERT, MCIT-S on scene. Looks like Clinton has it under control, we'll check it out and advise."

*Getting out, one of the officers sits the lady down, and another comes towards me and Mike.*

'Sheriffs, from MCIT.'

*The officer sizes me up, and then nods and swings his head towards the lady.*

'Hi there, what's happening today?'

'I'm trying to warn people. WE'RE NEXT! WE CAN'T WAIT!'

'We're next for what?'

'Selkirk, Clinton!'

'My name is Diana. Listen, are you okay? Have you taken your meds today?'

'Probably. I don't know. Where are the police?'

'They're right here. These two men are police. And there's lots of them around to make sure nothing bad happens here. If you aren't sure if you've taken your meds, why don't we get you checked out and maybe off to a hospital. I don't want anything bad to happen to you.'

'Who are you?'

'Like I said, I'm Diana.' *I pause, and decide being a cop may be better than not being one.* 'I work with the Sheriff's Department. I'm a crisis deputy, and this is Mike, he's a nurse. Do you mind if Mike takes a look at you?'

'YOU are a cop?'

'Yes. We're all here to make everyone safe.' *I reach into my back pocket, pull out my wallet and show her my badge and ID. She studies it for a little bit and then nods. 

*Mike comes over and takes a look at the lady, I go over to the officers and we have a chat. Before we start, I key my radio.*

"ERT, MCIT-S, all is clear here, if we've got a non emergent transport available, I think she might benefit from that better than a marked unit."

"10-4, I think there's one of the volunteer ambulances in the area. Preference?"

"That'll do. I'll update the ambulance with her usual hospital once I get more information. MCIT out."

*I clip my radio to my pants and then nod to the officers.*

'She known to you? I've got an ambulance on the way, I think she might be better off going to the hospital in an ambulance, so I've got the volunteers asked over here...'

mcitcpl.png

Corporal Diana Walter
MCIT-Sierra

Badge 2035

Shiloh County Health Mental Crisis Intervention Team Member

• Blackburn changed the title to Patrol - October 2020
  • Blackburn locked this topic