Oxnard Center Park

Blackburn

• 7 months later...

*I pull off of park st and into the parking lot of the park. I pull into the first parking spot i see and take a swig of my protein shake and place my truck in park hopping out grabbing my shake and phone wallet and ear buds and keys i shut my drivers door locking my truck and then my keys in my pocket of my joggers. I plug my ear buds into my phone and turn on a random playlist off of spotify and slip my phone and wallet into the same pocket and start walking around the trail. Watching all these other people spending time with others and make memories and laugh i look towards the ground as i remember i didn't really have a childhood and never got to do stuff like that. As the song switches i come out of my slump and pick up my pace from a walk to a slight jog and start to remember here to work on getting ready for my Physical coming up for work. As i'm running a kick ball bounces in front of me and nearly hits me*

'Sir could you throw that back to us... HOMERUNNNNNNN!!!!'

*Ignoring them i just jog by it blocking everyone out and i start to tunnel vision*

'Fucking Douchebag'

*i stop for a second and turn around and look at them as they walk out and grab the ball... why couldn't they of done that to begin with their all physically able too.... i turn around to start my jog again when i realize maybe i am becoming a issue maybe it's time to get help i start to walk again and put on "45 by shinedown" and slip away into my thoughts and start to hit hard on my self and start getting down on my self when the song suddenly stops and i look at and it doesn't turn on.... fuck this Piece of shit phone man i'm about done. i go to hurl it towards the ground remember i'm in public i put a smile on knowing by now everyone can see the anger on my face and start to head back towards my truck still wishing i was able to have a childhood and didn't have to grow up so quick.... walking back by the group of kickballers one of them steps out infront of me*

'Really dude cause i didn't throw you back your ball your going to mess with me i'm not in the mood i'm just tryna to go home'

'Well i wasn't in the mood to deal with a douchebag today but here we are'

'Dude just stop please i'm sorry i was just trying to get some time away i really don't need this right now'

*i try to step away but he put his hand on my chest and stops me*

'i don't think thats at all you wanted to do your a real asshole aren't you guy'

'i'm really not if you got to know me i actually tend to keep to myself more then anything'

'sureeee thats what they all say'

*he rolls his eyes at me and i just put my head down why do i even bother coming out into public anymore all i do is hurt everyone*

'so are we going to see your ass around here anymore or is the last time... cause if it's not me and my boys might have to do take care of you next time'

'Sir i'll be on my way you won't see me around here again i promise and i'm sorry again sir'

'Good now scram ya bitch'

*He heads back over to his group and starts laughing and i start to head back to my truck.... i think i need a fucking beer or something after this fuck this shit today i wish i could sleep forever i swear*

ladder1ff.png

Firefighter Paramedic Ian Boorne
Ladder 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2050

* i ease my pickup into the lot by the revolutionary war monument and throw it in park,letting the powerstroke idle as i gather my phone and waterbottle* ‘ stay savanna, ill let you out in a second ok girl’ * i say as i leave my truck running while i grab a second  homemade water jug with a homemade bowl  and throw it over my shoulder locking my toolbox before moving to savannas door and opening it* ‘ wanna run girl!? Huh, lets run!!’ * i say in a excited voice as i clip her leash onto her harness and she bolts out* ‘ hey hey!! Easy!! *i say as i shut my door with my butt luckily it’ll auto lock and i start jogging in a pair of old shorts and tank top* ‘ ok run savanna run, pace up!’ * with that said i start my morning jog*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1319