Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn's Office

A. Blackburn

Located on the first floor, the Patrol Bureau Lieutenant's Office is shared amongst the on duty patrol commanders, and is located next to the Traffic and Sergeant's offices, directly off the Uniformed Division Platoon Room. 

police-office-sloping-floors.jpg

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

‘unsupervised probie just took one of the patrol rifles out.’

*I sit down in one of the chairs in his office.*

‘If we have a patrol rifles back in my day and I pulled that. Foot post for at least a month. But then again 94 was a much different time.’

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

'Ok, this is too early for headaches'

*Pulling open my desk's drawer I pull out some asprin and pop a pill.  Grabbing my water bottle I wash the pill down.*

'Ok, who knows?'

*Hearing the knock on my door and Williams outside saying we wanted to see him.  Well, yeah we did but he can sweat out there for a bit longer for all I care.  The Captain can decide when he comes in.*

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*As Williams comes in and begins to sit down.*

'No, remain standing.  Care to explain to us how you managed to procure yourself a Ruger AR-556 that the department issues out as patrol rifles?  Patrol rifles that are prohibited from being used by Deputies who are on probation?'

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*id stand up*

‘I didn’t know sir but then realized when I got called in the office that they weren’t allowed so i will admit it my fault I wasn’t even planning to used it if I had to I’m sorry sir It my fault I should’ve grab just the shotgun”

sd204dep.png

Probationary Deputy Jay William
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2016
17C4FD29-8D7C-4E7E-AF85-FB5663496C74.png

'So you just walked into the armory and grabbed them?  Williams, we have a quartermaster here to issue and hand out patrol rifles and shotguns.  Was the quartermaster not there?  Did they not stop you or tell you no?'

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*Hearing that the quartermaster just gave him the rifle I just briefly hmm to myself as I get on my computer start looking up William's personnel file.  As I do that I leave an opening for Captain Russo to chime in.*

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*After hearing the insane logic, Hes clearly lying to me and that is one of my pet peeves.*

'So your telling me that he wasn't there but he still managed to hand you an assault rifle that you had no intention of using. You understand I know your'e lying because this makes no sense. and your trying to throw the Deputy that's assigned to the quartermaster, whom might I add has been here for well over 20 years and is getting ready to retire under the bus. In an attempt to cover up a theft a weapon.'

*I clear my throat.*

'Not a good look'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*As William tries to explain I send a quick text to one of the IA sergeants asking him to join us.*

'That's irrelevant at this point. As soon as you lied you crossed a bridge you can't come back from. And you clearly were doing a very poor job at trying to cover this up. Right now I'm treating this as an issue and its leaning towards felonious behavior, And its not looking good for you.'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*I receive a text from the captain asking me to come down to the platoon commanders office. It sounds important so I save my work on the computer and put my suit jacket on and walk downstairs. I walk into the office and see Captain Russo, Lieutenant Blackburn and a newer deputy. I can see this meeting looks like its going bad. I pull out my department issued phone and open up and start the voice recorder. I look at rookie.*

'Hello, My name is Detective Sergeant McSorley, I'm from the internal affairs unit and I am obligated to tell you that I am recording this.'

Detective Sergeant Edward McSorley
Unit Unassigned

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department Professional Standards Division
Badge 2042

“id Start my patrol grab my patrol rifle and patrol shotgun at the time didn’t know I you weren’t allow to grab a rifle what I said that I ask the guy and he said yes but that was complete lie my mind shut down what really happened was they didn’t stop me and he shook his at me and he gave me the weapon my intention was not to use the rifle only the shotgun when they call me in I knew I fucked up”

sd204dep.png

Probationary Deputy Jay William
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2016
17C4FD29-8D7C-4E7E-AF85-FB5663496C74.png

'Probationary Deputy Jay Williams here took a patrol rifle from the armory.  When asked how he got it he said he procured it he said he grabbed it from the armory.  When asked if the quartermaster was there and if he tried to stop him.  He said the Quartermaster wasn't there.  When asked again, just to be sure, he said the quartermaster gave him the rifle.'

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

'Alright, Since you were contradicting yourself, This is going to be an investigation pending departmental charges pending criminal charges. And to answer your question the biggest disciplinary action is termination. But you should be worried about the felony larceny and burglary charges. Captain as of right now I would like to recommend  immediate suspension and removal of department identification and any firearms possessed. Did either supervisor recover the rifle? And Deputy William do you have any personally owned firearms? '

Detective Sergeant Edward McSorley
Unit Unassigned

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department Professional Standards Division
Badge 2042