Detective work room

Z. Russo

'I did look in the window. I thought I said that earlier. No it could have not played out better. We are not going to be able to take someone who is holding a firearm to surrender and go into custody this easy. If he didn't flinch at two deputies aiming a pistol at him, and instead aimed at one of them, he would not surrender this easy. My decision was firm and I was sure on what I was doing. On SWAT, I was talking about that they are made for situations like these and regular deputies are not. I was not opining on what the department should have done, I was just stating a fact. I am not a coward. You know, if I was a coward I would have not signed up for this job. I know very well that both me and Sarge saved a life and had to take another.'

'You have been on the department for about 20 minutes. You don't dictate fact, I do. So I'm not sure if you remember that school shooting where the cop stayed outside and let kids get killed. Is that going to be you? Are you going to be a national disgrace like that fuck because thats what your telling me. Your giving me a load of bullshit. Truth is you're a coward. Your making up excuses. Now unless you own up to that your a lying coward. And if I hate one thing more than cowards. Its people who lie. I take a special interest in people who lie. It tells me a lot about their character. It tells me that I need to keep them under a microscope. And since your still on probation that could cause a lot of problems for you. Understand?'

Detective Sergeant Edward McSorley
Unit Unassigned

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department Professional Standards Division
Badge 2042

'No, both of our scenarios are very different and has nothing to do with that. I am NOT making up any excuses neither am I lying. Keep your eyes on me if you want, but I am not a coward nor a liar. I will not admit to being something that I am not and will never be. We won't get anywhere this way. Yes, I understand what you said and if gets me punished then so be it.'

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2044

'No, both of our scenarios are very different and has nothing to do with that. I am NOT making up any excuses neither am I lying. Keep your eyes on me if you want, but I am not a coward nor a liar. I will not admit to being something that I am not and will never be. We won't get anywhere this way. Yes, I understand what you said and if gets me punished then so be it.'

'Doubling down on your bullshit. Unwise. But lets move on. After you waited for backup while god knows what went on inside. What happened after you gained entry?'

Unit Unassigned

Badge 2042

*Holy shit I already said this... I'm gonna have to write a book with 7 volumes on what happened and he will still manage to forget...*

'I am reciting what I previously stated: We entered, meeting face to face with the suspect holding a firearm. We pointed at him and told him to stand down and drop the gun, however he turned around and aimed at the sergeant. I immediately discharged 3 rounds and so did sergeant.'

*'If I get the reputation of having argued with IA, then I will be highly respected.' I make a small joke on my head, calming me down by a bit.*

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

'I am reciting what I previously stated: We entered, meeting face to face with the suspect holding a firearm. We pointed at him and told him to stand down and drop the gun, however he turned around and aimed at the sergeant. I immediately discharged 3 rounds and so did sergeant.'

'Did you attempt any less lethal force prior to drawing your weapon?'

Unit Unassigned

Badge 2042

'No, as it would not be possible to do so. The situation was rapidly escalated. If I needed to use less lethal, I could have hastily holstered my pistol and taken out the taser, baton or the OC spray even.'

*What? Is one of his parents a british cop? Why would I use Less Lethal?*

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

'No, as it would not be possible to do so. The situation was rapidly escalated. If I needed to use less lethal, I could have hastily holstered my pistol and taken out the taser, baton or the OC spray even.'

'You could have Tased before he turned around. I'm seeing that you were very gung ho to kill this guy. Could it be bad tactics or did someone make a bad call with the psych exam?'

Unit Unassigned

Badge 2042

'Tasers are not guaranteed to work. And when he gets tased he would likely pull the trigger and shoot the victim. Impossible to take the chances.'

'A taser was only one of the less lethal options you have. Did you consider any other choices?'

Unit Unassigned

Badge 2042

'No, other choices could not work. Pepper spray, baton and the beanbag for example are not viable. Pepper spray would simply not work since he's turned away from me, baton he would just shoot me, I can't use beanbag. Never bring a knife to a gun fight.'

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

*after a few exchanges via text to my union rep he knows whats up and will stay near a phone should i need him so i push out of the chair i was sitting in,smooth my uniform as best i can and enter McSorely’s office  if the scuttlebut ive heard about the guy is anything im already tremendously disadvantaged as he’s got my full file*
’ sergeant’ * i say as i sit down time to get this over with my face the atypical neutral it is on the street*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

*The sergeant involved in the shooting walks in and has a seat. I open up a new recording on my voice recorder.*

'State your full name for the record'

Unit Unassigned

Badge 2042

‘ right’ * i take a second to collect my thoughts then recap how everything went down* 

‘ so the call comes over for the home invasion,i roll up deputy allen is already on scene,im not even fully out of my cruiser when i see the family dog enter,hear our perp screaming  then hear two shots And a yelp from the dog, due to extrigent circumstances the attempted dog bite and subsequent shooting of said dog, i make the judgement call for myself and deputy allen to enter through the opened door of the property’

* i pause to catch my breath* ‘ i stack up with the deputy and enter first, after announceing that the sheriffs department were entering,upon my entry i see the perp our EMT and the family dog,the latter two were on the ground and the asslaint had his back  to us, myself and deputy allen  with our guns up give the him  commands to surrender,he tells us and i quote ‘ nobodys fucking stoping me’ proceedes to turn fast,and as hes turning he levels his weapon on me, i then proceded  To shoot the suspect just like the academy trains,i fired three shots center mass, as the suspect fell i caught deputy allens muzzle flashs in my peripheral vision,the suspect fell i secured his weapon and thats when i saw the bullethole in his head,from deputy allens weapon*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

‘So the call comes over for the home invasion,I roll up deputy allen is already on scene,im not even fully out of my cruiser when i see the family dog enter,hear our perp screaming  then hear two shots And a yelp from the dog, due to extringent circumstances the attempted dog bite and subsequent shooting of said dog, i make the judgement call for myself and deputy allen to enter through the opened door of the property’

'If the door was open why didn't Deputy Allen Make entry? Did you give orders to delay entry?'

Unit Unassigned

Badge 2042

‘ no i did not, infact i belive he came over the air and said something along the lines of  not wanting to enter solo cause he was a probationary deputy and how he needed me there fast, due to what happened as i rolled up I couldn’t question as to why he hadent entered i chalk it up to him potentally freezeing up due to nerves as i belive the call was his first solo response, all i can say for certian was when i entered he was beside me when i had to shoot’

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

‘No i did not, in fact i believe he came over the air and said something along the lines of  not wanting to enter solo cause he was a probationary deputy and how he needed me there fast, due to what happened as i rolled up I couldn’t question as to why he hadn't entered i chalk it up to him potentially freezing up due to nerves as i believe the call was his first solo response, all i can say for certain was when i entered he was beside me when i had to shoot’

'What happened after you entered the house?'

Unit Unassigned

Badge 2042

* things seem to be going well but lawyers love mistakes i need to stick to the events as they happened* ‘ after we entered and we shot the suspect i initially assisted with treatment  calling for the officer involved shooting policy  and getting EMS started’

* i again catch my breath recalling the rest of what i did*

i covered allen while he focused on tending the EMT,verified the family dog and the perp werent threats then as we hadent swept the house,i conducted a hasty sweep eventually finding  the EMT’s room and the initial start of what prompted our response.. a hastily barricaded door with marks from a broken sword which i discovered nearby  in it,the door was ajar so i swept the room and found a needle with its plunger depressed, after concludeing my hasty sweep i radioed that the house was secure and then myself and deputy allen in our first aid of our EMT, discovered what looked like an injection point in her shoulder her shirt was ripped as a result of what i figured washer removing the needle before we found her,so i called that in to give the EMT’s responding as much info as i could in reguards to how we discovered her’

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

'I covered allen while he focused on tending the EMT,verified the family dog and the perp weren't threats then as we hadn't swept the house,i conducted a hasty sweep eventually finding  the EMT’s room and the initial start of what prompted our response.. a hastily barricaded door with marks from a broken sword which i discovered nearby  in it,the door was ajar so i swept the room and found a needle with its plunger depressed, after concluding my hasty sweep i radioed that the house was secure and then myself and deputy allen in our first aid of our EMT, discovered what looked like an injection point in her shoulder her shirt was ripped as a result of what i figured washer removing the needle before we found her,so i called that in to give the EMT’s responding as much info as i could in regards to how we discovered her’

'You skipped out on the shooting'

Unit Unassigned

Badge 2042

* he knows im a cop like him,right im not a scared probie but i supose ill humor him again*

‘I covered the shooting previously,but if repeating the events is needed i can again,the events wont change, i rolled up heard two shots and a yelp before i could ask why allen hadent entered extringent circumstances ie the family dog attacking the perp And the perp inturn firing two shots, made my call to breach the only option,we had a man who broke into a house now pissed off that both the cops are outside and he had just been bitten by a dog trying to defend its person,would you like the events repeated for sake of record sergeant?’

*he wants a reaction i just gave him one he can sweat me in his office  till were old and grey my storys not changing Before he can speak i repeat it anyway*

’ the call came over the air, i responded  201 was somehow already on scene i was 2-3 minutes away, i roll up and before i can even fully get out of my cruiser, the family dog charges inside the house,bites our perp the perp screams,fires two shots the dog yelps myself and deputy allen make entry on my order as senior officer on scene,i announce that were sheriffs we enter to the perp with the dog dead and the perp standing over our EMT, myself and allen give commands to surrender and the perp shouts that nobody can fucking stop him while turning twords us’
* catching my breath i resume*

‘ as he turns his guns still in hand, leveling to aim at myself but rather then drop the weapon he then aims at me,forcing myself and deputy allen to fire’

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337