Patrol Area 2023

Z. Russo

"Sure, you look friendly. So what's the game plan?"

"Well, if my friendly face was the first one to speak, it'd be continue coffee time, but now, it's go politely explain that we're doing exactly what I'm sure she wants us to do, which is nothing. Come on. 206, right?"

I get out of the car and walk towards the visibly annoyed woman. I match her energy. I too can be a Karen. A Kevin if you will. But I can open carry a gun and no one blinks an eye. 

"Ma'am, 206 you said?"

"Finally, someone will do something."

I ignore her and walk to the panel, buzzing 206.

"Yes?"

"Sheriff's department, buzz us in please." I hear a sigh and then the click of the solenoid. "Look, it's even visible through the phone, this pleasant demeanor of mine."

Alright, if the TV can be heard in the hallway, we advise him we've had complaints and ask him to be more considerate, and as long as we see nothing outlandishly illegal, we leave and I talk to Karen. As we get to 206, I knock on the door, and I hear some trashy TV playing loudly. 

"Training wheels are off. You started it, you end it. Make me proud." 

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department 
Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Training wheels are off. You started it, you end it. Make me proud." 

'Yes Sir'

*as we wait the door doesn't open so i knock a bit louder.... Still Nothing*

'great dude is either asleep or not home just what i wanted to deal with today, Yanno Jerry when i said she was flagging us down we didn't have to stop it wasn't a 911 call' 

*I start pounding on the door and hear the Tv go silent and very heavy walking and the door start to unlock, When a big Burly man opens the door*

'Good Afternoon sir Deputy Bagley with the shiloh county sheriff's Department we received a complaint about your Tv being to loud and quite frankly sir we heard it when we walked into this building'

'Huh the hell did you say'

*i roll my eyes and get my best customer service voice going*

'Sir turn down the tv if you can't hear us when we are pounding on your door then its too loud and your neighbors are complaining'

'uh yea whatever'

*I turn to look at wagner as the male closes the door in my face*

'yup cool i was done talking to you aswell, Well hopefully that solves our issue you ready to get out of here i might start drinking coffee after today'

sd211dep.png

Probationary Deputy Krystal Bagley
Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

'great dude is either asleep or not home just what i wanted to deal with today, Yanno Jerry when i said she was flagging us down we didn't have to stop it wasn't a 911 call' 

'Well, if you don't want to address a call, you didn't see it. That way if she's reporting a murder, and the judge asks me if I saw it, I can say no. And if they ask if you told me, I can say no. I can't say no when you point it out. Rule 13, not everything has to be reported.'

The exchange goes as well as expected, I withold laughter and we start walking away. Oh it warms my heart to see a rookie get a door slammed in their face. 

'yup cool i was done talking to you aswell, Well hopefully that solves our issue you ready to get out of here i might start drinking coffee after today'

'Problem solved. You make your note that you made contact with the resident, and advised them we received a complaint. You determined there was no crime being committed. Now we go deal with Karen and then we can return to the coffee I still haven't finished. I try to make sure that the coffee rule is completed before I start ruining people's days. Let me have a chat with Karen, since you're doing oh so well with the public today. And if she asks, I am your supervisor. Understood?"

I get a nod, and then head out to the lobby, where she's impatiently waiting, already upset. I caught her eye and she came over. 

"WELL!?"

"Good day ma'am. You were the citizen with the noise complaint?"

She glares at me. After a few seconds she gets the hint I'm not talking until I confirm who she is.

"Obviously."

"Okay, well we spoke with the gentleman in that apartment and advised him of the noise complaint. We did ask him to keep it down. Any further noise complaints, please call 311 and report to the city, or contact your landlord. The sheriffs department does not prosecute noise complaints, they are a by-law enforced by the city, or alternatively your landlord."

"He's violating my peaceful enjoy."

"Oh, well in that case, you should consider your legal options, unfortunately, we are not lawyers, and can't advise you on how to proceed on civil matters. Please excuse us, we have patrol to return to. Deputy  Bagley?" I say, walking past her. I swear I can feel the heat pouring from her rage. 

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"Oh, well in that case, you should consider your legal options, unfortunately, we are not lawyers, and can't advise you on how to proceed on civil matters. Please excuse us, we have patrol to return to. Deputy  Bagley?"

'Well i learned my lesson i guess can we get back on patrol'

*we get back to the car and i mark us available in the cad as a welfare check pops up and i mark us Enroute to it*

'off we go again jerry'  

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

As I finish my coffee, I look over at Bagley, debating whether or not to start playing poke the traffic bear.

'They teach rank structure in the academy still?'

'Yeah?'

'Just curious. You're the first rookie I've had brave enough to go to a first name basis right off the bat. I can't tell if you're brave, clueless, or just something weird all together. Hell there's two guys on SWAT with me I'm fairly certain don't know I have a first name. So what makes you tick?"

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

'Just curious. You're the first rookie I've had brave enough to go to a first name basis right off the bat. I can't tell if you're brave, clueless, or just something weird all together. Hell there's two guys on SWAT with me I'm fairly certain don't know I have a first name. So what makes you tick?"

'the fact you don't have any chevron's that is what makes me tick, If you had chevrons sure but right now your still a deputy just like me i might be a probie but are all on the same level' 

*i look at the cad as jerry keeps driving* 

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

'Oh boy, okay." Rule 12. Don't shoot the rookie. Just remember, rule 12. "Well, not exactly. I don't have chevrons, but I could shoot you and probably only get a few months suspension. You write a bad ticket, they'll dump you. I'm your coach officer, and aside from the other rookies that came out of your class. We all outrank you. I'm the nice guy here, believe it or not. I probably won't shoot you for calling me Jerry. But if you walk in, count chevrons and start using first names, you're liable to have your ass sent either to guard the prisoners going to and from the jail, or, my personal favorite duty, homeless patrols. Nothing an unwashed hobo loves more than the sheriff's department. Until you've at least cleared probation, you're probably safer to stick with deputy last name, than just assuming you get first name rights."

I pause for a second, and then think, "Seniority matters here, and while rank is equal, position is not. I'm your coach officer, not your partner. Yet. You've got potential. This is as long as I made it without offering a taser demonstration in a long time with a rookie, but don't push it too far."

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"Seniority matters here, and while rank is equal, position is not. I'm your coach officer, not your partner. Yet. You've got potential. This is as long as I made it without offering a taser demonstration in a long time with a rookie, but don't push it too far."

*i chuckle as he says that*

'Taser demonstration you got anything stronger then that tasers don't scare me it will take a lot of firepower to scare me'

*i look out the windshield*

'buttt if you want DEPUTY wagner i'll call you that' 

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

'The Deputy part isn't what matters. Hell, you could call me" Daddy. Nope, brakes on that. Don't you dare. She's a new officer. This is a lawsuit, HR complaint and probably my job on the road. Bite your tongue. "reverend, the title isn't the thing. It's the name. Last names are safe around here, first names are dangerous. And not the whips and chains excite me kind of dangerous." 

Before I can say anything else, a black charger cuts me off. I pause for a second, looking in the back window if it's one of ours, and then just hit the lights button. 

"Anyways, our newest dumb fuck. Bagley, Rule 2?"

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

After enjoying my KFC lunch in the break room and doing some reports I head back out to do some more patrolling.  Getting back in the driver's seat of 206 I turn the ignition, shift to drive, and navigate the vehicle back out onto the streets.

"206, available on patrol"

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

"Anyways, our newest dumb fuck. Bagley, Rule 2?"

'I don't know reverend wagner would you be so kind to instruct me on what rule two is'

*i say this as Jerry flips around on the black charger and turning on the lights*

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

"You should be writing these down. Rule 2, always know EXACTLY where you are. And where are we?"

'210 First street north our  closest cross street is Dekalb street... we aren't even 20 ft from where we just were'

*jeez this dude doesn't know how to take a joke and by the looks of it alot of it is cause his blood pressure is through the roof*

'whose taking lead on this on Deputy wagner'

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

*finallly getting on the road after paperwork and the like, i key up as i pull into traffic* "dispatch, from 251 go ahead and show me on the road available, are there any traffic calls pending?" * i clip the mic back to the dash  and dont get a reply,that means im looking for whatever traffic trouble i can find*

'looks like im on the hunt,idiot drivers here i come'

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

The kid spits back an address with a little spice. 

"Well, we've got a dozen probies that have forgotten where there car is before getting ten feet from the station. So until a probie proves themselves to me, it's safer to assume they're an idiot."

'whose taking lead on this on Deputy wagner'

I don't know if she likes me or not. Spicy but also a bit of an asshole. I haven't decided if it's in the good way or not. 

"You will, but not until you've told dispatch where we are and what we're doing. It helps us if the driver has a gun and shoots us."

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"You will, but not until you've told dispatch where we are and what we're doing. It helps us if the driver has a gun and shoots us."

'Okay sir'

*i grab the mic and key up*

"211 ERT show us out on a traffic stop at 210 First Street North at Dekalb Street black in color dodge charger no additional's needed"

*i put the mic back down a Spin the MDT towards me and punch in the license plate number of "AH0L3" seeing it comes back clear i spin the screen around so Wagner can see*

'Plate Comes back good, i'm going to walk up on the passenger side to keep my self out traffic' 

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

A-HO-L, She's too young to get that reference. Heh

"Good call. You want me to tag along, or you comfortable to try this one by yourself?" I undo my seatbelt, but don't make a move to get out.

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"Good call. You want me to tag along, or you comfortable to try this one by yourself?"

'I should be able to handle my self '

*I undo my seatbelt and get out of 211 and start walking towards the car trying to notice anything out of the ordinary or the driver acting off, Getting up to the passenger window its already rolled down and i peak my around the B Pillar into the window*

'Good Afternoon, I'm deputy Bagley with the shiloh county sheriffs department do you know the reason for the stop today'

'Uh uh no why did you stop me'

'You cut us off back there pulling out of your parking spot nearly striking the front of my vehicle, Can i see your license registration and proof of insurance'

'i don't have insurance on my car ma'am if i'm going to be honest i just lost my job and was on the way to go collect my final check, but here's everything else'

'Okay Mr Fulton i'll be right back you sit tight here'

*grabbing his info i look at the id seeing its also expired lovely, I get back to 211 and hop in and spin the MDT towards me*

'Soo we got a couple issues to address here and one of them is he's not taking this car home expired ID, Next is No insurance, and then the obvious of cutting us off and nearly striking us' 

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

"Alright, Deputy Bagley. So that's how many tickets? Not the maximum you can give, or the minimum, how many are you going to give?"

I take the cards from her and verify the information as best as I can, to make sure everything is as she said it was. 

"Looks like you've got 3 main issues, so the stop was initiated by poor driving, and worsened by a missing insurance slip and an expired licence. What's your game plan here. You going to make the poor guy homeless with traffic tickets today?"

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"Looks like you've got 3 main issues, so the stop was initiated by poor driving, and worsened by a missing insurance slip and an expired licence. What's your game plan here. You going to make the poor guy homeless with traffic tickets today?"

'I'm going to give warning's for the driving and no insurance but i can't let him drive the car, His ID is expired more then thirty days'

*typing in Simon Fulton into the MDT it comes back expired license but clean and clear*

'Well other thing then the expired license he comes back clean and clear so i'm going to give two written warnings for the Driving and insurance and i'll see if he has anyone to come drive the car for him'

*grabbing Mr Fulton's info back from Wager i step back out of the car and walk back up to the car*

'Thank you Mr Fulton for your patience, so we get three issues to address i'm going to be nice today and give you two written warnings for the careless driving and the no insurance, But you can't drive the car away today your license has been expired for two months. Do you have anyone that can drive the car for you'

'Yea my daughter just got her license and she's back at my house i'll give her a call, I didn't realize my license expired i'm sorry officer'

'Hey It's okay sir you get busy caught up in other things it can be easy to forget but before you drive again i need you to go get it renewed for me okay, But like i said other then that you are getting written warnings and that's it'

*I hand Mr fulton his info and two warnings to him as he steps out and switches to the passenger seat and calls his daughter*

'You have a good rest of your day when your daughter gets down here you two will be good to go'

*i turn around and walk back to the car keying up from my portable*

"211 ERT you can show us clear off that traffic stop close that card for us"

*releasing my ptt i get back to the cruiser and get in and buckle up*

'He's going to have his daughter come down and drive i think i got the point across so lets get out of here'

Edited by Jimothy

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

On 9/21/2023 at 3:43 AM, K.Bagley said:

'I'm going to give warning's for the driving and no insurance but i can't let him drive the car, His ID is expired more then thirty days'

*typing in Simon Fulton into the MDT it comes back expired license but clean and clear*

'Well other thing then the expired license he comes back clean and clear so i'm going to give two written warnings for the Driving and insurance and i'll see if he has anyone to come drive the car for him'

*grabbing Mr Fulton's info back from Wager i step back out of the car and walk back up to the car*

'Thank you Mr Fulton for your patience, so we get three issues to address i'm going to be nice today and give you two written warnings for the careless driving and the no insurance, But you can't drive the car away today your license has been expired for two months. Do you have anyone that can drive the car for you'

'Yea my daughter just got her license and she's back at my house i'll give her a call, I didn't realize my license expired i'm sorry officer'

'Hey It's okay sir you get busy caught up in other things it can be easy to forget but before you drive again i need you to go get it renewed for me okay, But like i said other then that you are getting written warnings and that's it'

*I hand Mr fulton his info and two warnings to him as he steps out and switches to the passenger seat and calls his daughter*

'You have a good rest of your day when your daughter gets down here you two will be good to go'

*i turn around and walk back to the car keying up from my portable*

"211 ERT you can show us clear off that traffic stop close that card for us"

*releasing my ptt i get back to the cruiser and get in and buckle up*

'He's going to have his daughter come down and drive i think i got the point across so lets get out of here'

As Bagley goes through her things, I wait to see if she'll catch the notice. She picks the radio up on the way back and clears herself. 

"ERT, 211, disregard our last. We're going to need a tow truck here, we'll be waiting for the tow."

As she sits down the the cruiser and buckles up, I turn towards her.

"He's going to haev his daughter come down and drive I think I got the point across so lets get out here."

"Well, you did miss one major, major, major key. An uninsured vehicle means that you cannot operate it. So aside from the expired license, which is a relatively minor offense, we have to not only impound the vehicle, but also cannot let anyone drive it away. So you're going to undo your belt, and we're going to go back to the car, you'll explain how you made a mistake and he cannot indeed have his car, as it is now property of the county. If his daughter drives away, causes an accident or god forbid hits a child, with no insurance, guess who will be liable? You."

I let that sink in.

"So let's go ruin this guy's day."

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"Well, you did miss one major, major, major key. An uninsured vehicle means that you cannot operate it. So aside from the expired license, which is a relatively minor offense, we have to not only impound the vehicle, but also cannot let anyone drive it away. So you're going to undo your belt, and we're going to go back to the car, you'll explain how you made a mistake and he cannot indeed have his car, as it is now property of the county. If his daughter drives away, causes an accident or god forbid hits a child, with no insurance, guess who will be liable? You."

'Okay instead of getting it towed and then having him pay a huge impound fine why don't we just have his daughter bring it back to his house that's not even 20 ft from our stop and we can watch them the entire time, then no waiting on our part and they don't drive'

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

"Because driving an uninsured vehicle is illegal and is an automatic impound. Last month, I attended a call where a child lost her arm. And the driver of the other car was uninsured. Do you know what the medical bills for an arm amputation look like? How long has he been driving uninsured? It didn't expire as I pulled him over." I open my door. "Now, you're going to explain that operating a motor vehicle on public roads without insurance is a serious offence that results in the impounding of cars."

I put on my forage cap and start walking to the rear of the car.

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"Now, you're going to explain that operating a motor vehicle on public roads without insurance is a serious offence that results in the impounding of cars."

'yes sir'

*I get back out of the car and walk back up to the car and knock back on the window*

'Sir'

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

• 2 weeks later...

I left the library and made myself available for another call. 

“ERT, 202 is available for a call. 202 is available for a call, 10-5.” I say into my radio.

What was in store for this patrol was beyond me, but I knew I had to serve the county with pride, perseverance, and passion: the three P’s.

sd206dep.png

Deputy Pat Jones
Unit 206

Badge 2308