Patrol Area 2023

Z. Russo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* with roll call basically over i dismiss myself and maybe a minute later im in 230 about to leave the lot  unsure where im gonna focus in the city as i key up the durangos mic* “county,230, go on and show us in service and available”*i set the trucks mic back on its clip and up my heat a bit as i merge into gently flowing traffic*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1337

• 1 month later...

*pulling out of the station I grab my mic and key up*

"ERT 204, Show me Available and on patrol Southern Fort Shannon"

"10-4 204 showing you Available and on patrol"

*taking a left out of the station i head into southern Ft shannon to start doing Property checks*

image.png

Deputy Emilia Koster
Unit 204

Badge 2204

• 5 months later...

*after roll call i move to get back to 230 climbing in i glance down at the notes i had taken and key up as i exit the garage ,enter 230,which had sense self started and get to the lots exit*

"county from 230,mark me available, roaming"

* setting 230s mic back in its clip i pull into traffic as my phone goes off,at a red light i glance at the text i got and sigh*'welp there goes that potential overtime plan,guess amber sorted her life out,so much for helping with the flood relief' * mentally shifting gears i refocus back on the job at hand,keeping my county safe even though im just kinda aimlessly driving around at the moment but if theres one thing ive learnt its that shiloh county is never fully quiet so somethings bound to turn up eventually*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

As I am pulling out of the parking lot after roll call I key up my mic, "Dispatch from 230, show me in service and available from HQ". I rack the mic back on it's mount and head towards South West Fort Shannon to start off my patrol. I hang my arm out the window as I casually drive throughout the neighborhoods.

sd207dep.png

Deputy Ron Barrillo 
Unit 207

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2304

• 1 month later...

'I've been on the force for, jesus, is it fifteen years yet?'

I pull into starbucks, and two drivers literally drop their cell phones right from their hands when they see our car.

"See those drivers there? Texting and driving, do you know what we should do now?"

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"See those drivers there? Texting and driving, do you know what we should do now?"

'I mean my gut tells me to pull up and tell them to not to text and drive cause next we see them do it there will be blue lights involved. but i suspect there will be something different'

*looking at wagner and then back at the vehicles i slowly shake my head as both drivers are trying to play it off like they weren't just on their phones* 

sd211dep.png

Probationary Deputy Krystal Bagley
Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

"Nope, because we're missing the most important thing, which is rule 10. We go real slow, and lock eyes with the drivers. They won't touch their phones for a month, and we don't interrupt coffee time. You'll learn real quick that we cannot and should not enforce everything. And more importantly, we cannot and should not speak to most people. I guarantee if we say a word to either of them about their phones, we're here for a traffic stop. And I'm grumpy without some caffeine." I turn on my signal light and break eye contact with the driver. "If I was a real prick, and the jury is still out on that one, I'd pull a u-turn, turn on my lights and pull behind them, then around and to the next Starbucks. But this one is my favorite, so I won't."

"Welcome to starbuccks, how are you doing today?"

"We're just wonderful. It's deputy Bagley's first day and she's celebrating with your fine brewed beverages. Deputy Bagley, what  would you like?'

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"We're just wonderful. It's deputy Bagley's first day and she's celebrating with your fine brewed beverages. Deputy Bagley, what  would you like?'

'i'm good i don't drink coffee'

*i look in my mirror and see the cars still parked there and chuckle*

'Jeez jerry they aren't moving yet guess you really did scare the fear of god into them'

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

Driving out of the station's parking lot, I find myself driving towards one of Fort Shannon's avenues. It's time for a good ol' speed trap.

I park in a discreet spot, being obscured by buildings, signs and a dumpster. Activating my cruiser's ALPR and radar system, I sit and wait for any flagged vehicles or any speeders going by.

Until then, I unpack a small soda can I had taken for lunch and pop it open as I begin drinking it in small quantities, eyes on the road before me.

sd251dep.png

Deputy Nathan Clarkson
Unit 251

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2112

'i'm good i don't drink coffee'

"Don't mind my partner. She's... Well, she's new. We'll take two black of your favourite roast." 

We pull up, get our coffees and and at the end of the lineup, I hear Bagley speak.

'Jeez jerry they aren't moving yet guess you really did scare the fear of god into them'

Jerry. Yes now. "Well Deputy Bagley, we seem to have figured out the cell phone problem, and it didn't even disrupt me getting a coffee. Now, wave and smile politely as we drive by them."

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"Well Deputy Bagley, we seem to have figured out the cell phone problem, and it didn't even disrupt me getting a coffee. Now, wave and smile politely as we drive by them."

'Who knew scaring them would solve it maybe that should be implemented in more departments'

*we pull out in traffic and pass by the drivers and wave at them*

'So i saw in the academy you and few others won some awards in 2021 for an attack in Kimberly? if you don't mind me asking what happened' 

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

'Who knew scaring them would solve it maybe that should be implemented in more departments'

I don't know if that's sarcasm or what. I'm not sure if I like this new girl quite yet. Though she might grow on me. It might be like a melanoma, but I mean, they can usually be surgically removed.

'If only more departments had me, but they don't, that's why I train our new people.'

'So i saw in the academy you and few others won some awards in 2021 for an attack in Kimberly? if you don't mind me asking what happened'

'I'm not sure if you're totally out of the loop or what, but you have to know what the Shiloh six is, right?'

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

'I'm not sure if you're totally out of the loop or what, but you have to know what the Shiloh six is, right?'

'No until recently i didn't really have any time to focus on the news between having to take care of my daughter and little sister, plus working a full time job i never really had time to sit down to watch the news'

*i look out the passenger side window and watch people pass*

'So what is the Shiloh Six?' 

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

'Jesus. I thought scrat was bad." sigh. "Six SCFD deputies came under fire while conducting a raid on suspicious persons. There were six involved deputies. You know there's a google search that'll bring you to no less than 10,000 stories about it. Anyways, a couple of us were shot, or blown up, or whatever. And I have a few uniform decorations as a result of it, along with the other deputies involved. It's not that interesting."

I turn into traffic and take a sip of my first coffee. This is going to be a three coffee kind of shift.

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

Six SCFD deputies came under fire while conducting a raid on suspicious persons. There were six involved deputies. You know there's a google search that'll bring you to no less than 10,000 stories about it. Anyways, a couple of us were shot, or blown up, or whatever. And I have a few uniform decorations as a result of it, along with the other deputies involved. It's not that interesting."

'Oh Damn well hopefully nothing like that happens again, i assume we as patrol deputies don't do much radar and stuff since we have a traffic division?'

*i face back forward looking through traffic when i see a lady flag us down*

'There women green dress flagging us down'

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

'Oh Damn well hopefully nothing like that happens again, i assume we as patrol deputies don't do much radar and stuff since we have a traffic division?'

I've found not talking about it helps it not happen again. In my experience anyways.'

'There women green dress flagging us down'

'Where are we. Right this second, what is our exact location.'

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

'205 First street north our  closest cross street is Dekalb street'

"Correct. You've got Rule #2 down."

I pick up the microphone and pull the car over. "ERT, 211, we've got a flagdown at 205 North First Street. Show us on that."

I slide the position switch to activate the rear lights and then undo my belt. "Now, ready for your first police interaction? Don't make me look like a fool. I haven't had to explain a rookie to the captain in at least 5 days, I don't want to break the streak."

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"Now, ready for your first police interaction? Don't make me look like a fool. I haven't had to explain a rookie to the captain in at least 5 days, I don't want to break the streak."

'Yes sir'

*i hop out of the car and walk up to the women*

'Good Afternoon Ma'am i'm deputy bagley with the Shiloh County Sheriff's department, You Flagged us down what's wrong ma'am'

'My Neighbor has his television on and its not three pm yet its waking me up, Don't you know us night shift workers need to sleep during the day'

'Okay i'll have my partner here go talk with him ma'am but if he's in his own residence there's not much were going to be able to do to prevent him from having his tv on'

'Arrest him he's an asshole anyways'

'Ma'am we aren't going to arrest him that's out of the question, But whats your name and where does your neighbor live'

'My Name is Angie and he lives at 206'

'Okay ma'am why don't you go back inside and after we get done talking to him we will let you know what we did'

'whatever not like you guys do anything i say anyways'

*i give a nod and turn around and head back to the cruiser and get back in and sigh*

'Sooo how much do you wanna know and how do you wanna handle this' 

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

Before my seatbelt was off, she was out the door. 

Rule 12 Jerry, rule 12. I watch in the mirror for guns, panic, or a running rookie. None of that happens. 

As Bagley gets in she sighs. 

'Sooo how much do you wanna know and how do you wanna handle this' 

"Bagley, did you know that  to train a law enforcement officer, you need to be near that law enforcement officer and coaching them through a call?" She nods, and gives me a silent expression on her face. "And did you know that when that deputy runs out of the car and  heads off on their own, it makes it really hard to stay near. What would've happened if she had a gun, or was reporting a murder? Or wanted to kill you. You know where you are, but your backup is still in the car, because you left without asking. 

"It's been ten years I've been training. I've had 15 rules for  ten years. Now I have sixteen. Rule 16: partners belong together." I let out a sigh. "Alright, give it to me, what happened."

Such a shame, cute new officer with promise is still a disappointment. 

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"Alright, give it to me, what happened."

'She wants us to have her neighbor in 206 to shut his tv off cause it's not three pm yet and she works night shift'

*i grab my water and take a sip well Jerry has a clearly confused look  on  his face*

sd211dep.png

Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

'She wants us to have her neighbor in 206 to shut his tv off cause it's not three pm yet and she works night shift'

"I definitely should have got out." I say, taking a few deep breaths. "You look, nice and friendly. Tell me deputy Bagley, do I look friendly?"

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"You look, nice and friendly. Tell me deputy Bagley, do I look friendly?"

He thinks i look nice and friendly that's surprising*

'Sure you look friendly'

*i give a sarcastic nod*

'so whats the game plan'

sd211dep.png