Burglary alarm in a school 20230916-1

C. Aylward

Allen regroups with Patterson and Rogers by the West Side staircase.

'I'm guessing it's probably a teacher, but better safe than sorry.'

He continues holding onto his flashlight as he keeps his sidearm at a low ready

'You want me to take point or go behind?'

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2044

'we know where the alarm is so on the way should ajax alert on anything,ill let you guys know' *with that Ajax and i start up the steps my main goal being keeping him on task but im also trying to see if theres any ajar doors or lockers or whathave you that might denote vandalism of theft* 'this buildings huge,hopefully whoever tripped the alarm is still near it else even with my dog,we'll be here all day should that motion sensor wind up faulty anbd the room be locked and undisturbed'

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

'this buildings huge,hopefully whoever tripped the alarm is still near it else even with my dog,we'll be here all day should that motion sensor wind up faulty anbd the room be locked and undisturbed'

'Suspect they will be here still that door over there is open'

*getting to the open classrom door i knock before entering*

'Shiloh County Sheriffs Department'

'Uh Oh Hi Officer, what's the issue'

'
Hello Sir i'm deputy Rogers and these are my partners Deputy Allen and Sargent Patterson, We were called here for a reported break in'

'Oh i haven't seen anyone else in here with me i just came here to finish up some paperwork before school starts again'

'Okay Sir do you mind telling us who you are so we can confirm it'

'Uh Yea the name is willam hightower most people call my Bill though'

'okay sir give me just one second'

*i pull my phone out and dial the number that was in the cad infomation for the school security*

'Hey Yea this is deputy Rogers Shiloh county sheriff's department we have located a Willam Hightower in the school he says he's a teacher here is that correct?'

'oh yes he's a new teacher just started this year he must've forgot to shut the alarm off'

'
okay thank you ma'am we are going to let him go and clear out and let you reset the alarm'

*i hang up and turn my attention back to Mr Hightower*

'Okay Mr Hightower Security says your all set next time you come in on a non work day make sure to shut that alarm off for us okay'

'yes Sir i'm sorry for any confusion'

'Okay we are going to get out of your hair now'

*nodding back towards the Stairs me Allen and patterson start heading back outside and i switch over to dispatch and key up*

"209 ERT going to be a teacher in the school forgot to deactivate the alarm 209 201 230 will be clear and returning here in a moment"

*releasing my PTT i look at patterson*

' Thanks for the assist Jason i hope ya have a good rest of your shift'

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

Knowing it was a teacher, I head back outside towards my car.

'We gotta get a drink sometime later. I'll get get going now.. see you folks later.' I say to Patterson and Rogers.

Having my sidearm holstered, I open the driver's side door of my cruiser and hop in, grabbing the radio from the center console and holding onto the PTT.

"201 ERT, returning to patrol."

I attach it back onto the center console as I stick the keys in the ignition and turn them, pulling the handbrake and reversing out of the lot as I head back onto patrol.

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

*going through all the effort only to find its a teacher,a new teacher at that theres a part of me feeling stupid for even using ajax but id of rather had him out and not need him,then need him and he be in 230* 'good job bud,good boy'* i say to him as i hand him his toy off my kit*

' Thanks for the assist Jason i hope ya have a good rest of your shift'

* rogers breaks my thought with his comment  and i make eye contact while Ajax  squeeks his toy while we head out to the cars* 'you to man,always a pleasure working with ya man'

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

'you to man,always a pleasure working with ya man'

*Me and Jason get to our cars and he puts Ajax back in the car*

'I'll clear both of us your good to take off'

*as jason gets in his car i get in 209 and put it in drive and start pulling away grabbing my mic and key up*

"209 ERT 209 230 clear back on patrol you can close the card out"

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2011

swatbadge.png