Bay area

K. Summers

*I walk down to the bay to the usual smokers spot, After that shit a vape won't cut it. I lean against the building and see the Jetta Murdoch was talking about.*

'Jesus christ this kid needs to get bullied'

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

Hearing assignments I head down to the bay with my coffee that I just got a replacement off.  Taking a few sips as I walk to M1 and open the driver's door I set it down inside the cup holder.  Then I get to going through the truck and resupplying what is needed of it.  It takes a few minutes to complete the task but when I am done I head out to the smokers area to have a cig.

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 1315

* after the whatevers it was  in the duty room im doen in the bay my guess is everybody else is smoking so istart a more slower paced methodical check of medic 15, keiko would never belive me hell i dont even belive me but id almost rather have the sprinter *

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

* working on the restock im fighting my inner car guy for the pending mechanical check mentally prepareing for whatever potential disaster i might discover medic 15 got here so it obviously drives and runs so it cant be as bad as im thinking surely the crew at the airport ran the thing right,dismissing the what ifs from my mind i return to the mods inventory i want to suprise and potentially shock my partner if only to see her reaction I also gotta tell myself that dispite practically living in whatever ambulance im asigned for work every shift its NOT a ranch truck so how the hell did the sprinter sink its hooks into me damnit?*

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

Taking a drag of my cigarette when Breslin let's out her complaint.  Personally I don't care but I'm not blind to see that others do.

'Well, eh, I dunno, but it's clear you need to vent.  So vent away.  I'm listening.'

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom
Medic 1

Badge 1315

* finally done with looking over the engine i got a minute to myself i spot keiko looking upset  leaveing the duty room area and intercept a warm smile on my face* ‘ hey you,suprised your at work babe,you ok?’

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

‘ a shitshow babe’ * i start as i sneak a hug breifly* *some new EMT hes maybe 21  strolls up in here thinking he can out do everybody else,little shit even had a poorly spelled sticker on his car  about emts being the true heros, hes gonna kill somebody with his attitude, murdoch nearly killed the kid in the duty room and the lieutenants just got done screaming at eachother, yours ran off to her office while mine delt with the new punk threating to get HR, watch yourself keks,ill catch you later ok?’ *my vlice softens as i touch on her parents being here as i return her smile* ‘want me to try to be there when they get here or would you rather that be private babe?’

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

‘ ok ok lemme know when there flights due,and ill either go with you to the airport a d we grab them or illmeet you at your house in my truck,or hell,you take my truck and ill grab your family in yours and ill text you when im close so you can meet me,ok’ * i homd my gaze on her and pull her closeer again with a soft serious voice* ‘ like i said,if you need me someplace provided im not out on a run ill be there for you,i ment it’

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

‘ then dont go, we can figure something out interns of a house if need be and mine gets too small, one step at a time hon,alright?’ *i see her lower her head and gently lift it to meet my eyes* ‘ we’ll get through everything togeather i promise,just lock to me and get ready for work today,ok’

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

‘ thats fine,im cool with either text me when your close, i can meet you there’ * i return her smile seeing her smile makes me happy as its progress given how things have been i think,so i sneak a kiss* ‘ like i said,were getting through this all togeather’

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

'Well, eh, I dunno, but it's clear you need to vent.  So vent away.  I'm listening.'

'That bitch ever tells any one of my people what to do again were having more than fucking words. Ive been here longer, I'm a far better medic and I'm the senior officer so fuck her'

image.png

O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

Breslin talks and I listen.  She doesn't talk for very long.  It's just further complaining about the Fire's LT.  Keeping quiet in case she does have more to say I take another drag of my cigarette and then I feel my body cramp up.  A surge of pain in my abs follows shortly after causing me to wince a bit.

'ow'

Another surge of pain follows soon after that causing me to take a knee.

'Fuck that hurt.'

My lower back starts to hurt and my body begins to feel weak.  Looking to my side I see my cigarette on the ground.  When did I let go of that?

'Alyssa... yeah, somethings wrong...'

Looking down I see a patch of dark red blood starting to stain my pants around my groin and I look up to Breslin.

'That's not good either.'

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom
Medic 1

Badge 1315

'No shit let's get me to the hospital.'

That came out a bit snappy but fuck the pain.  Attempting to get up I end up failing due to the pulsing pain and weak feeling in my legs; resulting in the rest of my body going down on the concrete.

'STRETCHER!'

Looking to Breslin I start trying to control my breathing in a manner I haven't had to do since giving birth to my daughter.

'I can't get up.'

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom
Medic 1

Badge 1315

'No shit let's get me to the hospital.'

*Erika collapses in front of me*

'STRETCHER!'

"Medic 1 to county. I have an Job at Station 1 for an employee down."

'I can't get up.'

'Its Ok, I'm grabbing you the stretcher now and were going to head over to county. Everything is going to be ok. I got to ask are you on your period?'

image.png

O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

* i pull medic 15 into the lot careful to give medic 1room to go honestly suprised they havent left yet and back 15 into its spot, killing the lights 10-20 seconds after i stop incase we caught another run before i shut the truck down make us at the station and after throwing my portable back in the charger step out*

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

‘ hopefully not till we eat,but you never know with this job’ * being a farm boy had its perks keiko finished her coffee,ive still got some of mine as i move to step outta the truck taking another well nursed drink from my coffee* ‘ what do ya say we see if somebody cooked?’

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

• 4 weeks later...

Walking into the bay area, I look over Squad 1, and it's not there. I see the red in the stripe on the base and read S92. Spare unit. Dammit.

'Alright Dave, we've got a spare, and no one bothered to share that information with us. I mean, it's probably one of the better spares, but let's give her a good once over to make sure it's in working order.'

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*I walk out to the bay area and over to my gear locker, taking my gear out I carry it over to the drivers compartment of the wagon. I open the compartment and place my gear inside. I hang my radio on the hand grab by the drivers door. I do a walk around of the truck and fire it up. I hit the emergency master and put the truck into pump gear. I get out and walk to the pump panel. I idle the truck up and open my tank to pump and recirculating valves. Letting everything run for a bit I shut everything down. I do one last walk around making sure that all the lights are working proper. I get in the drivers seat, hit the air horn and the electronic siren. I cycle the Q once, satisfied with my check I turn the lights off and shut the truck down. I get out and go look for anything else to do*  

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Bruce Beard
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Dept. 
Badge 2111

• 5 weeks later...

*walking outtathe duty room,i grab a few buckets and other cleaning stuff as well as some clean rags from storage as opting to start what i can on the floor before ventureing out into the cold i opt to start with the wheels and steps doing the bumpers and such as i come across them as i set down my buckets and get to work**

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

• 4 months later...

As we back in the bay, I mark the status on the tablet, make a couple quick notes in my notepad for the call report and walk out of the truck. Whiskey is looking at us back in, meaning she missed the initial call. I'm guessing the P/C waived her through a couple hours, because she's not looking like the just got the dressing down from him. 

'Morning. Nice of you to join us. Missed a fun breakfast. I think it was pancakes.'

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001