Bay area

K. Summers

The apparatus floor, including outdoor parking spaces, located in the center of the station. With the office and administration building, including platoon chief and the Fire Marshall, and the station 1 living quarters on the other side. Gear is stored in lockers and closets on the living quarters side of the station. 

The apparatus floor is dual doored, allowing for pull through, or dual direction exits. 

FireCpt%20Generic.png

Captain Karen Summers
Unit Not Assigned

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1612

• 2 weeks later...

*I arrive first at the station, fortunately for me, and park the unit outside the bay next to mine, diagonally. Leaving the engine running, I pop out of the driver's seat, head to the front door and swipe my ID badge to get let in. I walk over to the bay area, and open the doors for the two bays that are down vehicles. As the door opens, I duck my head and walk back out to my vehicle. Turning the lights on, I pull out into traffic, line the body up with the door, and back in. Almost forgetting, I stop just shy of the bay, and key the mic*

"ERT, Fire 23 available at quarters." 

*I fumble with the mic to push it back into the clip and think to myself I wish they had magnetic mics. As I back into the bay, I park back as far as I can, watching the reverse camera until I'm at the stop line. I park the transmission, turn off the engine and then get out to plug in the vehicle, as well as hook up the exhaust hose. Now I've got some time to finish breakfast. Not much left to it anyways!*

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*I pull the squad into the bay area and park, turning it off and just leaving my gear inside and leaving the pants and boots outside the drivers door, hitting the button on the MDT to show the Squad was back in quarters. I then check over the squad and make my way to the duty room hoping the shift would be an easy one*

engine11lt.png

Lieutenant Katherine Baker
Engine 11

Badge 1704

*Hearing my unit assignment to the Engine, I nod and make my way to the bay. Knowing I'm the junior member, I grab my bunker pants and boots, and place them next to the rear right door. I hang my jacket on the pull up bar once, watch it fall, twice, watch it fall again and decide that it'll be best laid on the step to the deck gun. I take my hood and helmet, wiping a smudge off my star of life, and place them inside on the seat across from mine. Now that my gear is close to the door and I'm ready to go, I start the inventory check on the equipment, what I'm sure is no more than grunt work, but I also am sure is perfectly normal work for a probie. *

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

• 3 weeks later...

*Returning M5 back to the bay I come to a stop and shut off the engine.  Opening the door I grab the bag with the toy wolf that I bought for my daughter at the grocery store.  Hopping out of the truck I shut the door behind me as I walk to my SUV in the parking lot.  Placing the bag in the back seat of my Nissan I close the door and have a cigarette while leaning up against my car.*

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 1315

*I jump out of M5 after we park and grab the grocery bags.*

'Erika, I know it's asking a lot, but when you're done with whatever you got going on, could you spare a minute to help me cook all this. No gourmet skills required, I promise.' I ask desperately. It's getting late and I gotta get some food on that table.

Generic%20Paramedic.png

Logan Sparks, Paramedic
Medic 2
Shiloh County Fire Department, EMS
Badge 1808

*Back at the station, I hang my jacket on the hand hold and step out of my turnout gear, leaving it near my door on the back of the engine.*

'Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to try to grab another hour or sleep, if we can get the god's graces to not get another call.'

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

• 2 weeks later...

*As we arrive at the station, Miller pulls up to the door. I hop out and head to the man door, as all the bays are still closed*

"Engine 11 at station."

*I walk through the station to the bays and open the doors for all three units before ducking out to guide back the engine. As it parks I close our bay and pull my turnout jacket off. The chill in the air is still strong but I'll only be here for a minute.*

'Well boys, maybe it's time for some of that famous Chicago pizza I promised'

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

‘ cool ‘ * i say as i hop off the engine whistleing for savanna* ‘ c’mere girl go pee’ * my dog darts past myself and jen off to her useual bush by my truck a quick glance into the bay and she hadent made a mess as my dog runs back over im storeing my turnouts back in and by the engine hanging my coat off the rear door* ‘ whos a good girl whos a good girl,daddy missed you ‘ * i say as i squat by my dog and love on her before i head outta the cold*

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

*I climb out of the truck and start setting up my gear for the next run, and I hear Noel comment about making pizza.*

'Lemme know how much buy in is.'

*Valentine whistles, and a dog comes running up to him. There's been a dog at the station this entire time?  Before I have a chance to call him out on it, he heads inside to the lounge. I follow him in.*

FireCpt%20Generic.png

Captain Karen Summers
Unit Not Assigned

Badge 1612

*I finally return back from the hospital with RA-1, flip a u turn in front of the bay door and seamlessly back it in. I shut the door and step out, pulling my gear down, stepping out, and setting it next to the engine.*

'That took forever. Hey Karen.'

*I turn and walk briskly to the bathroom not wanting to be rude but not having much of a choice but to get there fast. I should've just used the one in the Hospital!*

spacer.png

Firefighter John Hannahan, EMT
Ladder 31

Badge 1132

*I back the ambulance into the bay, marking us in quarters on the MDT before turning the truck off. I open the door and step out, frowning when I feel my boot squish into something. I look down and am instantly pissed.*

'WHO THE FUCK HAS A DOG IN HERE?! THIS FUCKING DOG SHIT ON THE DAMN BAY FLOOR!'

*Seeing red, I head for the lounge, looking for someone to lay into. This better not be Billy Ray's dog. Now I've got damn dog shit all squished into the sole of my boot. Someone was going to pay for this. Someone else was cleaning this boot off, it sure wouldn't be me.*

medic7pm.png

Paramedic Tom Murdoch
Medic 7

Badge 2008

*Dunne backs M1 into the bay and I step out. I get out of the truck and smell the distinctive smell of shit. I walk around the side and see that the bay is covered in dog shit.*

'What the fuck!. Dunne watch where you step. Like seriously what the fuck.'

*I'm pissed because this mess is preventing my crews from doing there work.*

'What if we had to decon the stretcher or restock the truck, Shit what if one of us stepped in it. We would have to go out BBP.'

*I storm upstairs.*

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*I walk out of the bathroom feeling oh so refreshed after a good S H I T and smell the very familiar scent of scat.*

'Alright....'

*I walk through to the bay, and the screaming pair of medics that have just roared through the area and see traces of poopie on the floor. I sigh softly and grab the garden hose and simple green at the end of the bay*

'I'm not gonna ask...but...WHOEVER STEPPED IN THE SHIT, GIVE ME YOUR BOOTS SO I CAN CLEAN THEM PLEASE!' *I exclaim in a non-chalant tone, loud enough that it would make it to the lounge. Hopefully the raging man in that room could hear me clearly.*

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

Firefighter John Hannahan, EMT
Ladder 31

Badge 1132

I hear a call go out for the next up medic unit and I look around the lounge. The lieutenant is nowhere to be found. I beat down the rising panic - she can't go anywhere without me, I'm not missing the run. If she's anywhere, she'll have to go out to the bay where the trucks are. I get up, grabbing my clipboard that comes with me everywhere and head out to the bay. I'm not going to get in yet - I don't know what she wants or expects of me and I don't want to "piss her off" even more.

It's a burn patient and definitely not an intelligent person at that. A guy burned his hand in the deep fryer - if I remember correctly the temperature of those vats is in the 400 degree range. I wouldn't be surprised if there were significant skin and tissue damage at that temperature. Even seconds at that temp would likely cause some severe burning.

It's still chilly enough in the bay that I open the door of our truck, pulling out my job shirt. It's only going to get colder as the night goes on.

medic12pm.png
Paramedic Rory Dunne
Medic 1

Badge 1804

*Hearing a call go over I swap out my narc kit after wasting the narcs. I could restock but there's a call holding. I lock the safe and quickly walk downstairs to the bays as I put my narcs back in the pouch on my belt. I can see Rory waiting by the truck looking a bit anxious.*

'Were up.'

*I walk over to the passenger door.*

'Remind me I need to restock kit 4, I don't want to leave it for the next shift.'

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*knocks on front door* 
*says to self* "i really hope they like me and i hope to gain lots of friends from this maybe James is right maybe its good for me to get back into the swing of things after leaving my unit" 

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

As the ladder makes its way back into its bay I hop out. I'm cold, tired, and sore but there's still work to be done. As Hannahan and Frank start filling bottles I light up a cigarette and fire up the pressure washer to start cleaning off the front of the ladder truck from all the deer guts. I look over and see Jennifer start repacking hose. 

Fire%20Generic.png
Firefighter/Paramedic Ewan Raven, Paramedic In Charge
Unit unassigned

Badge 1142

*As we park, I think, what a mess this call was. Once I get the truck ready, I need a shower, and another one. Maybe a third one as well. The relief crew gives me a burst from their horn As they head back to station 6 to return Ladder 93 to its regular quarters and head home. Quietly, we all assume our positions. Hoses is mine. I go around the back and start sorting through the hoses to repack.*

'So, should I start calling you Cap now?' I say to Raven. 'You look like you've done the officer thing before a couple times.'

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

I take another puff on my cigarette. 

"So, should I start calling you Cap now?"

I give a half hearted chuckle, trying hard not to let my cancer stick fall to the ground. 

"I actually used to be a captain a long time ago at a different department. I can't tell you if I truly would want to do it again. I really miss being a pump operator to tell you the truth. But if you're offering, and it comes with a pay raise, my broke bitch ass might half to take you up on it."

I take a long drag and finish off the cigarette, I toss it on the ground and grind it into the ground with my boot. 

"You did good today Jennifer. Keep that shit up and you're going to keep making good progress in your career. Go ahead and go grab a shower, I'll finish up packing that dead lay you're working on."

Fire%20Generic.png
Unit unassigned

Badge 1142

'You know, it's a shame we couldn't have gotten that deer on the way back. I would've loved some venison tonight. Aw well.'

*Must've been one helluva move for him to leave a captain's job for here. Who knows, maybe he'll get his dream to go on the pump again.*

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*I back the engine into the bay and throw it into neutral, then apply the airbrake. I turn the engine off and let out a deep breath that I hadn't realized I'd been holding.*

'That was a helluva call. One for the history books. Thank fuck we didn't pull any lines off this truck and we didn't go in - nothing to get put back together.'

*I hop out of the engine and strip out of my bunker pants. I amble over to Raven.*

'Need a hand getting the ladder put back together? We didn't pull anything off, so the engine is good to go. I'll be glad to lend y'all a hand.'

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

I park the pickup and head inside to the station, my crews putting the ladder back together for the next run. Truth be told, I'm just glad we're out of that shit. It was a shit show by the time we got there and the thought of that chief makes my blood boil. We really were too late to do much of anything. For all of that, my crew did a solid job. Really am a lucky captain to have such good people.

I still wonder about the outcome of those two firefighters, but I'm sure we'll hear about it in the news in the days to come, if it hasn't hit already. And after this I'll be up to my eyeballs in paperwork. I pull out my work phone to check it and sure enough, there's a text asking for the chief of the department? I bite back a laugh as I head into the building. Clearly whoever this new person is can't read and I'm not sure I care enough to correct them.

FireCpt%20Generic.png

Captain Karen Summers
Unit Not Assigned

Badge 1612

'Need a hand getting the ladder put back together? We didn't pull anything off, so the engine is good to go. I'll be glad to lend y'all a hand.' Stone asks

"Nah buddy, I'll take care of all this, you go get a shower and something to eat."

Fire%20Generic.png
Unit unassigned

Badge 1142