Patrol - March 2020

Blackburn

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The * im cruiseing  well around mainly killing time the nights quiet almost errily so as i stop at a red light i hear a horn followed by another with a crashing sound following that as i look over i see a scared shitless kid standing by  a beater of a BMW against an equally beater of a mid 90s civic* “ county from 231 ill be out  i just witnessed a low speed crash will advise”  i say then release the mic as i flip my lights on and kinda park to guard the cars one of which i now realize was parked* ‘ hey  sir you ok?’ * i ask the teen whos maybe 20 his low curseing intensifys hes scared shitless and im not sure why maybe hes a new driver or something*

Teenager?: ‘ shit shit shit please dont arrest me i its a manual i-it rolled back on the hill i’ * i cut him off ill cut him a break as if anything both cars sre so trashy whatever damage there is is hard to spot* ‘ ok first off relax second off hill starts are a pain,trust me i grew up in maine, you hurt or high maybe just nervous?’ 

* he takes a breath  finally somewhat calming down* teen?: ‘ n-nervous sir  am i in trouble?’

* i shake my head* 

‘nah kid names sergeant  patterson you mighta seen me  you college or highschool?’

Aden: ‘ meadowlark high, im a senior  your the g- officer with the dog,ajax right? My kid brother mentioned you were at his school?’ * i nod then gesture to his car* yeah lemme help you, may i ?’* i look in the car scanning for anything in plain  view seeing nothing i go to climb in* ‘ see starting on hills  is tough keep your foot on the clutch like so then slowly give it gas releaseing the clutch as you apply power,see’ *i get his csr clear if the curb then after setting the brake step out* ‘ i saw it your clean and as you pulled your licence when i walked up its valid, its in neutral right now and the brakes set your lucky theres been like three cars otherwise id need to summons you for  blocking traffic, remember what i said ,  on the hill as you let the brakes go hold the clutch in as you accelerate and release the clutch it wont stall and roll back,ok’  * he moves to climb in nodding his head* t-thank you sergeant patterson,stay safe’ * i nod as i move to my truck keying up* “ county from 231 incident clear no damage to either vehicle ”

’ slowly give it power and remember your parking brakes on, drive safe aden’ * as i move to climb in he pulls away and when he’s clear i kill my lights and return to my aimless wandering just in the direction of the station as ive still got reports to write*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1337

*The kids start screeching louder if that's even possible and the woman turns around, screaming at them to shut up before she turns to me to answer, keeping both of her hands on the steering wheel in front of her - at least she has that going in her favor.*

'No officer.'
'Did you know you failed to come to a complete stop at that stop sign back there?'

*At this she loses some of her composure.*

'I'm so sorry officer, my kids are fighting and screaming and I told them to be quiet and I stopped I just must not have stopped long enough.. I'm just trying to get them home so they can go to their rooms and I can get some quiet.. I just picked them up from an after school program and they didn't want to leave and they've been screaming like this the whole time..'
'Ma'am can I see your license and registration?'
'Sure.. my license is in my purse and registration in the door.'

*She leans over to the passenger seat and rummages through her purse before producing her license and she leans down, reaching into the molded pocket on the driver's side door. She hands both pieces of paper to me and I take them.*

'I'll be right back ma'am, please stay in your car.'

*She nods and I turn back towards my explorer with her paperwork in hand. I run all of her information and she's got a remarkably boring record. Absolutely nothing. I turn back towards her car, passing my trainee on the way. I hand her paperwork back to her and she takes them.*

'Ma'am, I'm going to let you off with a warning. Drive carefully please, and get home safe. Watch for stop signs, okay?'
'Thank you, thank you so much. I'll be careful. Thank you.'

*I leave the car window and walk back to my explorer, climbing in and waiting for her to drive off and for Jack to get in beside me.*

pd220sgt.png
Sergeant Allison Devito
Unit 220
Badge 1825

*I walk out to 217 and get in, waiting for Matthew to get in beside me. I crank the truck up and pull out of the parking lot, heading towards South Fort Shannon.*

'So where are you from, Matthew? What made you want to be a cop?'

sd217cpl.png

Corporal Richard O'Reilly
Unit 217

Badge 1943

*I drive down the street, watching the traffic as we head across the bridge.*

'Damn, that fuckin blows. Sorry about your dad.'

*I glance over at him. That was fucking rough. Full-on SpiderMan complex going on.*

'Dad's a cop. Always wanted to be like him. He's a trooper, though, and I decided that wasn't for me.'

*We get into South Fort Shannon and move through traffic, watching out.*

'OK, so we're gonna do some traffic stops. Just some basic traffic enforcement. Probably mostly issue warnings, get you used to interacting with the public on traffic stops. If we write a ticket, it'll be for something serious.'

*I see a car make an illegal lane change ahead of us.*

'Boom, there's our first one.'

*I flip the position switch to three and tap the manual button as we move up behind the car.*

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

*I pick up the radio mic.*

"217 ERT, traffic stop. Broad and South Fourth on a white Ford Crown Victoria. Saratoga license X-Ray Kilo Victor Four-Six-Nine, XKV469."

*I look over to the trainee as the PA mic cuts on.*

'What in the actual fuck? Put that down and do not pick it back up. We do not yell at people on the PA mic to pull over. That's Hollywood shit, we don't do that.'

*I pull in behind the car, angling the truck behind him to protect us.*

'Alright, you go up on the passenger side and I'll go up on the driver side. Just watch what I do for this one.'

*I step out of the truck, starting to walk up to the car. I press my hand on the trunk as I walk up.*

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

*I walk up to the driver's side and internally sigh as I hear Hall tell me the driver's alone. Yes, I can see that. I smile at the driver.*

'Good afternoon, sir. I'm Deputy O'Reilly with the Shiloh County Sheriff's Department and this is Deputy Hall. The reason I stopped you is that you made a lane change without signalling. Can I see your license, registration, and proof of insurance?'

*The driver produces them, and I tell him we'll be right back with him. I walk back to the patrolcar with Hall and get in.*

'OK, now we'll run his name and license.'

*I start typing the MDT.*

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

*I print out the written warning and take it up to the driver with his information, letting him go. As we walk back to the truck, I look over to Hall.*

'So, think you can handle the next one?'

*I get back into the driver's seat of the truck and pull away once Hall is inside.*

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

*watches has a Vehicle Rear Ends Another*

*looks at Wagner*

'Umm Sir.. I Could be wrong but i don't think that was meant to happen.... what do you wanna do.. Split up and you check one vehicle and i check the other...??'

*see's one vehicle was the truck from a Earlier Traffic stop*

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

*Jesus fucking christ. Can't I just run a couple, simple, boring traffic stops?*

'Alright Rogers. What's rule 2?'

'Location, Or,'

'Yes. Location.'

*I sit back and wait for him to put two and two together, and give us our location, and then I'll call it in. I slide position 3 on my siren box and spin the car around. Parking behind the scene, about a car length back, I reach over to the console, enough so that Scrat knows not to touch the seatbelt until he answers question 2.*

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*I nod as Hall points out a red-light runner and then correctly calls out the stop. Beautiful. He certainly seemed to be catching on quick. I pull out after the car and catch up to it, following it to the curb as they pull over.*

'Alright, I'll go up on the passenger side, you take the driver. I'm right across the car if you need help, but I think you can handle this. You're catching on pretty quick.'

*I step out of the truck and cross over the passenger side of the car, ensuring the trunk is closed as I walk up.*

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

*I watch the driver from the passenger side, pleased to see Hall doing so well. Trainees were usually a little more difficult, but he was doing quite well. We retreat back to the truck, and I stand outside as Hall runs his information. He says we should ticket him, and I nod.*

'I generally always issue tickets for red light violations, as they're fairly dangerous to others, but especially with this guy's previous tickets, that shows he doesn't care. So we will absolutely issue a ticket. Go ahead and write it, and we'll give it to him.'

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

*I follow him up to the car and watch as he gives the man his ticket and then I return to the truck with him. I get back in the driver's seat.*

'Good job, Hall, you handled that really well.'

*I pull away from the stop.*

"217 back in service, one ticketed."

sd217cpl.png

Unit 217

Badge 1943

'North 6th, alright.'

*I key the mic and get ready for the radio call, making a point to not move my hand from his seatbelt.*

"ERT, 208 on North 6th for a minor MVA witnessed. We're going to investigate and advise."

"10-4 208"

'Alright, you can undo your seatbelt. Hivis and then you can approach and check on the drivers, make sure everything's all good.' 

*I get out of the car, open the back door and pull out a hivis vest from my bag, pulling it over my head and get ready to walk up to the car.*

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*has we get out i point to the Black truck that was Involved*

'I could be wrong sir but doesn't that truck look like the one from earlier'

*i walk to the back of the vehicle and slide on a Hivis Vest and look at my notepad from earlier with the trucks plate*

'if you want ill check on the truck if you wanna check on the car?!?' 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

'I really am not a fan of kids, especially ones who behave like that. Most traffic stops will be boring and I'm not a fan of ticketing people I don't need to. We're not revenue strapped and most people aren't endangering others. If someone say, is a chronic speeder, or weaving in and out of traffic or just generally being reckless, a ticket is well deserved. Especially if they're a dick.'

*I pull off, heading further out towards Oxnard.*

pd220sgt.png
Sergeant Allison Devito
Unit 220
Badge 1825

'Nope. You're gonna check the truck. Don't fuck it up. Rule 3, You only get one shot.'

*I stop for a second debating my choice, and decide to let him check anyways. Can he screw this up, or can he manage it?*

'Good afternoon, I'm Deputy Wagner with the SCSD, are you okay?'

'I think so, just a little rattled.'

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

'Good. You remembered Rule 10. Let's go to the shop around the corner, and see if we can't get a coffee and look at getting a few speeders. Traffic tickets are the best way to keep the sergeant happy. You're doing work, doesn't have much paperwork and you don't have to arrest anyone.'

*I turn my signal on, switch lanes and make my way towards the coffee shop, not far from us. Their drivethru means I don't have to wrangle Scrat.*

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*has we pull up to Order Wagner Orders a Tall Black Coffee*

'Hey Scrat you want anything'

'A Medium Black Coffee' 

'okay'

*i pull out my wallet and hand him the total for the two Coffee's*

"here ill pay for em Sir' 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

'That's the plan Jasper.'

*I take his money, pass it to the cashier and take the change into my pocket. I really shouldn't bully the special needs kid this much, but damn, he's gotta learn to stand up for himself. I take my coffee and pull up the road, parking on the side of the roadand getting ready for radar running.*

'Jasper, you ever use a radar?'

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

• Blackburn changed the title to Patrol - March 2020
  • Blackburn locked this topic