Uniformed Division Platoon Room

Burke

Located on the main floor, on the opposite side of the building from the detectives work room, the Uniform Division Platoon room provides general work stations for use for on duty personnel. On the perimeter of the platoon room is offices for each bureau commander, and a shared office space for sergeants in the division. 

Awake Police Station

*Taking a seat at the desk, I decide this is a good place to spend the next half hour or so to get some work done other than patrol. I've got a mountain of computer work to catch up on from SWAT assignment, plus it'll get me off the street for a bit after that warrant service. For once, every chair is free. Does that mean I get to work alone? No way. *

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Shiloh County Sheriff Department 
Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*Walking into the squad room, I sit to a desk.*

'I've been SWAT for a couple weeks, been with the department for years.'

*I point to the computer, logging in.*

'You should've been given your login for the computers. This is where you can get stuff done for your department work. I spend a lot of time in here getting stuff ready. Did you get the tour of the station yet?'

'Yes sir.'

'Good, that makes it easy for me. Come on, we'll head out to patrol. Dress warm. It's always cold.'

*I grab my jacket off the back of one of the chairs, something I know I shouldn't be doing, and pull it on. Walking out the door, towards the patrol lot, where I'm parked, I noticed the new guy following me closely.*

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

• Burke changed the title to Street Operations Platoon Room

*I walk into the Street Operations Platoon Room, looking for the faces I'm going to be working with this shift. I'll probably be here a little later, and I'm definitely not going to be a friendly face to some of these deputies with my mandate, but I've got a job to do and hopefully they'll understand that. I look like a sore thumb sticking out, given ever single person in here on our side is in an SCSD uniform, gun visible, and if not a badge, some sort of official agency ID. I've got jeans, a hoodie, albeit a nice one, but a hoodie nonetheless, and my favourite pair of leather lowrise boots. Just a little bit of a heel to them, not soo much I can't run in them. There's a small pistol hidden by the bagginess of my hoodie, and my badge wallet is in my back pocket, where it'll stay for the majority of my shift. When two deputies get up and start walking to the new face wandering in their bullpen, I reach for my wallet and before I even open it, they recognize I'm on the job. I figure, while I'm in here, I'll keep it visible, but given my exemption from uniform requirements, even professional dress standards, I'm not going to be showing it. The biggest part of my job today isn't to be a cop, like I've been for 4 years, it's to help someone in crisis, as part of the department. I walk up to the nearest empty desk, seeing a face who looks nothing more than a drone and introduce myself.*

'Good morning, I'm Diana. Corporal Walter. I'm the new Em-Kit deputy. Just trying to make the rounds and introduce myself. I'm on a bit of a different schedule, so I didn't get to parade. Anyways, this' I say, motioning to my lack of uniform 'Is about as official as I'm going to look, by mandate, not just choice, so I want to get to know everyone to avoid any confusion that might come up.'

*My partner, a practicing mental health nurse is still upstairs in the undersheriff's office going over the last of some final work. We've both got our cell phones and are ready if the ERT calls us out, but realistically are probably going to have to butt our way into some calls today.*

mcitcpl.png

Corporal Diana Walter
MCIT-Sierra

Badge 2035

Shiloh County Health Mental Crisis Intervention Team Member

*I walk down to the squad room and see the MCIT cop finishing up her speech.*

'Good morning Diana. Pleasure to have you on our shift.'

*I turn to the room of cops getting ready to head out on patrol.*

'Guys just as a heads up, If she shows up on an EDP call. She takes lead, She got more then the 20 minute lecture about not throwing chairs at them. If she tells you to do something do it. Diana and her partner are going to be another tool in at the departments disposal when it comes to EDPs. If you need her Call for her. If she shows up on your job don't question her just listen. I know its going to be a bit of an adjustment but the brass wants mental health professionals on the street. Any questions, No, Good.'

*I turn away from the cops back to Diana*

'One quick thing. You need to wear some sort of ID. I know its been a while since you've been on the street but I can't have you walking up in complete plain clothes.'

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

'No problem Cap, when I'm in the staff only areas, I'll try to remember to have ID visible, but it's easy enough to forget when it's tucked away the majority of the day.

*His expression shows a little pain, knowing this man is a big die hard on uniform, having seen him at least once tear a probie a new one for incorrect uniform. I mean, I technically exist in a grey area. My job requires no ID be visible unless  absolutely necessary, and even then, only for that time period. However my department expects proper attire at all times.  Who knows, Captain Russo will either be the first fight of this shift, or he'll lead by example. I personally hope he's the bigger man here, but we'll see.*

'Anyways, I suppose I should get on the road. Can't spend all day with cops.'

mcitcpl.png

Corporal Diana Walter
MCIT-Sierra

Badge 2035

Shiloh County Health Mental Crisis Intervention Team Member

• 4 months later...

*I walk into the platoon room with the rest of the returning deputies. The department PIO is waiting there with one of the civilian staff who run our departments social media accounts.*

PIO: 'Morning Cap these are the Shiloh 6?'

'Yep'

PIO: 'On behalf of the the Public information office we would love to welcome you guys back. We want to get a photo to commemorate you heros coming back to work. We also bought breakfast as a way to thank you.'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*Hearing Caldwell mention to me that he really hates this I can only think that the feeling is mutual.*

'Yeah, maybe next time terrorists come to visit I'll just let someone else take care of em'

*Since the incident all I've wanted to do was come back to work and not feel like I was selling war bonds for the department.  Yeah, this certainly feels like I'm selling war bonds to me.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*I stand outside the door for a few moments, hesitating before walking in. I really didn't want to do this photo op BS. I make eye contact with Russo for a moment and then grimace. No chance of getting out of it now. I wipe my face and step inside, heading up to the others.*

'Hey guys.'

sd217cpl.png

Corporal Richard O'Reilly
Unit 217

Badge 1943

'Hey Capt do i gotta do this i don't think i should get a Photo shoot i didn't do much other then follow Wagner's orders that's all i did sir'

'Your a celebrity right now. Your making the department look great when we need it the most. You're a goddamn hero. Now smile big'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*Hearing Scrat trying to get out of the shoot.  Hell, I'd like to do that too but honestly this will only take a few minutes out of my day.  Best to just get it done.*

'Alright, I'm here, don't tell me I have to get the dog.'

sd230dep.png

Deputy Alejandro Sanchez

Unit 231

Badge 2038

*Everyone files in and poses in front of the SCSD flag we have hanging.*

PIO Civilian: Smile big!

*She takes a few photos on the department issued iPhone.*

'Perfect.'

*I say as I look at the photos.*

PIO Civilan: Alright help yourselves to some bagels and welcome back

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

• 4 weeks later...

*Sitting down at the desk in the middle of the room, I open the laptop and start going through my notes from the last three calls. Court coming up soon for them, I need to be fresh. I sip my coffee and watch my time in the corner so I'm not late for the day. Looking around I see a few friendly faces, wondering if anyone is friendly enough to sit with me.*

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

'Caldwell, Scott, Captains office.  Now!'

'I know. Bro my fucking wife told me he wanted to see me. I was just trying to delay the inevatable.'

*I say as I lock my phone and wait for Jaydon to walk up together.*

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

*My heart pounds*

'Shit man. This whole thing ain't a big deal. Totally blown out of proportion. I talked to some guys on the way in this morning, and they said some hose jockey fuck forcibly lifted me up before it all started. That sounds like self-defense to me.'  I say trying to put on a charade of calm.

'Let's get this shit over with. I swear to God if he sticks me on dog kennel duty I'm going to go ape shit.' I say as we both walk towards Russo's office.

Edited by Chris07

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

'Let's get this shit over with. I swear to God if he sticks me on dog kennel duty I'm going to go ape shit.' I say as we both walk towards Russo's office.'

'Yeah fuck this shit and fuck him.'

*We walk upstairs ready to deal with the captain.*

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

*Oh shit, another rookie. No one told me about this. He looks so young and eager and ready to work. I mean, a step up from Scrat. So he can't be all that bad. I pause for a second and then look over towards him.*

'Over here. I'm Wagner. Are you comfortable dressing yourself or do you want me to check over? You have everything you're going to need?'

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

• 5 weeks later...

*Coming from the armoury, I go into the Uniformed Platoon room. I lay my patrol bag down, including the rifle on the table, while I get my notepads ready for the shift. I take a look around at my surroundings and my colleagues before getting ready to head out to the streets and start the shift.*

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

• Burke changed the title to Uniformed Division Platoon Room

*With a bit of a yawn and a coffee in one hand and reports in the other I enter the Platoon room.  Setting my stuff down at the table I look around to my other colleagues before opening up one report and getting to work on it.  Taking a sip of coffee I really wish that I got more sleep last night.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504