Uniformed Division Platoon Room

Burke

With nothing on the queue and not wanting to spend more time than necessary in our car, I sit down in the patrol room, dropping my cell and portable on the table. We look clearly out of place, with everyone else in here in uniform or handcuffs, we're odd ducks.

'Henry, how do you feel about this many cops?'

He smiles and puts his head back down to his notes, diligently working away. After a few more dirty looks, I decide to display a badge, and pull my wallet out, open it to the badge and put the chain around my neck. 

I look back towards the computer and keep going through the documents on my screen.

mcitcpl.png

Corporal Diana Walter
MCIT-Sierra

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2035

Shiloh County Health Mental Crisis Intervention Team Member

• 5 months later...

Having dealt with the guy I brought in and put in holding I enter the platoon room to deal with some paperwork.  Sitting down at one of the desks I get on the computer and write up the report.  Outside the window next to me the wind howls and the rain taps on the glass like bullets.  Glad I got back in time.  Then the loudest crack of thunder I've ever heard sounds off and seemingly shakes the building.  It probably didn't but it felt like it did.

'Yeah, fuck this.'

Saving my work I get off the computer.  Better get back out on patrol this weather is going to get people calling.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*I return from the hospital and walk through the station as I enter the platoon room. I keep my head down as I do not want to be interrupted by someone.*

*I open the door to the platoon room, walking in and heading to a block. I sigh as I sit down on the chair and boot up the computer, writing the reports of the incidents that I've been involved in. While writing, I reflect on the last call and thinking if I really killed someone. It hits me like a truck. After conclusion, I shoot a text in the family WhatsApp group:*

"I'll be home in a few hours. Will stop at the mall. Want anything?"

"dad, i want a cheeseburger and some fries along with coke. Ik you told me not to eat unhealthy food but only today please"

"Fine. You better not waste food"

*I stand up and walk out of the platoon room, headed for the break room.*

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

• 4 weeks later...

After hearing assignments I head to the Platoon Room as there is no need to immediately go out on patrol.   Walking up to one of the desks I set down my coffee and take a seat.  Then I log into the computer to catch up on writing reports.  It's almost been a year since then and I am beginning to be reminded of that fact everyday.  It's in the weather and on the calendar as the date inches closer.  Their faces I still see and the blowback from the explosives I still feel even as I'm typing up this report on a simple traffic stop.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

• 1 year later...

*After Getting my Assignment i head to the platoon room to work on some reports well waiting for a call out*

'okay i have to write three reports shouldn't be too bad'

*sitting down at the computer i boot it up and use my login and start working on my most recent overtime shift report in Oxnard* 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

• 2 weeks later...

* after the chase if it can even be called that,i park my cruiser in the lot,opting to take  my lunch to bang out a quick report on everything i can grab fast food afterwards so i settle into one of the available computer desks,and start to type*

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024