Patrol - May 2020

Z. Russo

*  my gear in hand minus the jacket which i threw in my bag for now i enter the lot as my partner car pulls out  it dawning on me thst somebody must of threw me a lifeline when i got an email about the moters course at the academy thankfully bikes srnt up yet so i can hopefuly pass the course per traffics policy upon transfer to it i reach the car the first thing striking me was the fact stleast from the resr its a stealth, my hesrt sinks when i stsrt my 360 and see a rather  awkwardly mounted rambsr to the front and the rest of its livery but its aTaurus and as i own a SHO ill atleast be familer with it my walk around complete i start doing inventory inside the car stopping to throw my bag barring a few odds  and ends from it which i store on my belt before closing up the trunk my riding jacket going over my seat and a  high vis vest over that for access in a pinch then i finally store my long arms in the racks between the seats,the rest of my checks go without flaw so  after cranking the car and logging into the computer i grab the mic and ease outta the space heading south* “ ERT from 251,show me in service southern ft shannon area”

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2024

*has i back in to my radar position and flip my radar on and start to watch has everyone heads out on their Morning commute*

'i might need a coffee and its just the start of shift hopefully today is a slow day'

*cars start to honk at eachother has a clearly new driver tries to parallel park*

'Okay yep i need a coffee'

*i put the car and gear and slowly pull out on to the road* 

sd252dep.png

Deputy Tim Bradford
Unit 252

Badge 2028

* as im leaveing the station it dawns on me i havent had to potentially response drive in a few years and while i keep up at the academy for regular training refreshers  but i figure theres no harm in atleast opening the car im in up a bit,so i pop onto the 484 southbound on a thankfully barren ish stretch abd let the car stretch   its legs a bit after about five minutes i come to the delmore offramp by the airpoort  so i pull off  onto  the 37 and figure there might be somebody stupid im technically outta where i said id patrol but ive seen past drag races along the airport so i figure an hour or twos wait with my radar wouldent hurt i pulll the car  behind a low wall off the 37,they can see my lightbar or pushbar if threy look so im protected from entrapment issues, setting the car in park but leaving it running i watch the radar,which with how i parked catches the northbound lanes nicely and wait*

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

* Well driving to get a coffee from a local coffee shop i notice a car with its door open and in the middle of the road on Newport Rd so i pull behind it flipping my lightbar on*

"ERT to 252 show me out on Newport Rd Cross of 6th St with a Grey in Color Subaru WRX Stopped in the middle of the road No Backup Required"

"Copy 252 out a Newport Rd and 6th st Advise when back in vehicle"

*i put the car in the park and step out walking up to the drivers side door of the vehicle*

'Shiloh County Sheriff's office'

'why are you here'

Sir i'm Deputy Bradford with the Shiloh County Sheriffs office why are you stopped in the middle of the road with your door open'

'My Vehicle died and i'm waiting for a tow truck and i didnt want it to get too hot in here so i opened my door'

'
okay well do you want me to help you push your vehicle off to the side of the road'

'yeah i guess'

*i walk to the back of the person car and help push it to the side of the road*

'Okay i'm going to move my vehicle to the side of the road and im going to wait here with you'

*i walk back over to my Vehicle and park it behind the other vehicle and turn off my front lights on my light bar and Rising it up making it easier to see*

'Sir do you have a tow truck enroute or do you want me to call one'

'i have one on the way'

'Okay sir i'm going to go sit in my vehicle'

*i walk back to my vehicle and get back in picking up the Radio Mic*

"Ert 252 im back in the Vehicle waiting with the person for a 3rd party Tow truck"

"Copy 252"

sd252dep.png

Deputy Tim Bradford
Unit 252

Badge 2028

* not seeing anything i go to put the car in drive and ease outta my spot,no sooner do i edge out from behind the wall i see a crotch rocket of a bike try to be funny  and pop a wheelie which i was honestly prepared to let slide when the guy falls backwards* ‘ get outta the way dude’ *  i say in the split second between his bike landing and him  thankfully rolling away however i quickly pulll out behind him and key up  im just over the delmore line so hopefully nobody will chew my ass* “ Dispatch from 251,im out by the 37 in delmore, motorist  flagdown gonna be a  yanaha street bike unknown model,Saratoga plate Paul 366 Ida baker”” i release my mic as i step out onto the allbut abandoned 37 the guys got a helmet and already holding up his license so itll be quick* ‘ sir,you ok?’  * ask as i take the mans license hes only had it a week*

Juan: si si im fine officer thank you i know about the laws i was foolish,i can go right?’ * for hardky speaking english it comes out heavily accented but understandable as he hands me the bikes registration info i see thst its vot a temporary tag* ‘ so you but a new bike and go and almost crush yourself with it, be honest were you trying to bait me or messing sround’

* the man now has his helmet off abd  hes rubbing his head but trying to laugh off his embarassment or hes nervous*

Juan: i was being stupid my girlfriend she  motocrosses it takes place on dirt i know but i figured id impress her,so i bought a bike’ * i cut him off* ‘ thats now all kinds of scuffed up and technically not road legal as you broke a mirror off,but ill cut you a break ok provided you get the bike fixed and dont ride it until its fixed going to the shop the exception, but  if you get stopped again show them the warning ok?’ * i write out the warning then pass him the book* ‘ sign by the X its not an admission if guilt,just an admission you’ve seen the warning ok?’ * he signs the paper but i can see him sweating bullets as i take my book back* ‘ hey juan, no need to be so nervous ok, just relax and get your bike outta the road ok’ * i rip his warning off and hand it to him taking a second to look into his eyes,there normal so i chaulk this one up to nerves as i release the warning and turn to walk away* ‘ drive safe juan,cant impress a girl if you mr a pancake or a smear’

* he chuckles and fires up his bike as i get back into my car* “ ERT from 252,show me clear flag down resulted in a wreckless driving warning” * i release the mic and as the kid pulls away slower this time i flip a 180 and kill my lights hopping back onto the 484 into the city*

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

*Freedom at last. I'm not tied to a rookie this shift. Though I will miss teaching the new children how to not shoot the citizens of Shiloh. Especially Scrat. Dear god. Pulling onto the street, I decide to use this beast to run some traffic on the highway, maybe dodge a call from Scrat when he shoots someone.*

"ERT, 205, I'm going to be running radar on the interstate in Fort Shannon."

*We definitely want some visibility after that crash last shift. Man oh man.*

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*Before getting in 216 I toss my hat onto the passenger seat and tie my hair up into a ponytail.  Haven't patrolled in a SUV or truck since I transferred from Somerset County so this should be fun.  As I hop into the driver's seat I do my pre-patrol checks and start up the engine.  Shutting the driver's door I key up the mic as I head on out of the station.*

"216 in service"

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

‘ C’mon buddy lets go to work Ajax!’ * i say as i let him outta his kennel after stopping at the armory  for my long guns ajax keeps step with me tennis ball in his mouth as i exit the building and move to 231 where the techs just finishing whst hes doing*

’ take 232 home tonight,231’s due for work ill get it done abd you can have your truck for tomorrows shift otherwise shes all set sergeant you only cut that tire this morning’ * while im outting ajax into the back i address the tech abd pull a set of forms outta my patrol bag*  ‘ i forgot to habd you these this morning as i was late, took the truck to a licensed sheriffs garage in essex over the weekend, its all caught up on the work with all the vouchers and such  ,im actually not abuseing this like i used to 220’ * the tech skins the forms nodding* ‘ well alright then  ill note it in the log and you can be on your way, you two be safe’ * i toss my bag up front and adjust my ballcap as i log into the computer shutting my doorand storeing my long guns* ‘ thanks you too’ * i flick the sirens to test them as i grt a text from amber saying she has her first flight as Helo 1 today replying breifly i slip my cell into a pouch on my carrier and keybup oulling into traffic* “ county from 231,go on and mark me in service”

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

*Having gotten the keys to 203 I head on over to the Caprice and do a quick walk around it to check it out.  Opening the trunk I check to see that all the equipment is inside it and shut it.  Then I walk to the driver's door, open it up, and slide on in to the driver's seat.  As I wait for Williams I finish doing my checks on the vehicle.*

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025
sdto.png.006720580470e1f4230b35ea6c1fecd7.png

*i check the vehicle make sure their no scratches or anything then I go to the passenger side and open the door and sit down and close the door* ‘I have a feeling thIs gonna be a long shift’

sd204dep.png

Probationary Deputy Jay William
Unit 204

Badge 2016
17C4FD29-8D7C-4E7E-AF85-FB5663496C74.png

*As soon as the probie gets in I grab the mic and key up the radio*

"203 available on patrol"

*Setting down the mic I start up the engine, shift to drive, and head out of the station.*

'Alright, Williams, or is it William with no S?  Doesn't matter, how long have you been out of the academy and what do you remember from your training there?'

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

*the only one thing that remember it was complete torture getting sprayed in the with oc was horrible I was hot tomato burning like a ticking time bomb.* “I been out for two months and I only thing remember getting sprayed by oc it fucking sucked”

Edited by Aidan721

sd204dep.png

Unit 204

Badge 2016

'Not one more thing stuck with you after the academy? Jesus Christ, you sure you wanna stick with that answer?'

*The rookies are green, but man, this is a new level. At least I don't have to coach him that pepper is bad?*

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

“No sir actually know that I think about it More the academy was tough. Almost failed the class but my dad my knew one of the drill instructors and they gave me a second chance. Even though i kinda knew the ropes of the academy”

sd204dep.png

Unit 204

Badge 2016

“No sir I was given a second by the drill instructor because he knew my father and I almost didn’t pass on my second try I got on most of my tests 80% witch  is bad and I didn’t know why I offered second chance until a day before my dad Pass he told me that the drill instructor owe him a favor.he also told me each day a gift not given right”

Edited by Aidan721

sd204dep.png

Unit 204

Badge 2016

* I walk out to 208 doing a quick walk around making sure there is no Damage and all my Safety Equipment works *

'looks like everything is normal time to get out on patrol'

*i get in to 208 Picking up my Mic and Radioing into County*

"ERT 208 show me on patrol ready for calls"

"Copy 208"

*i put the car in Gear and pull outta the station*

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

'So your telling my your completely unqualified to do this job. And not only is it not only not worth training you because you would have failed out of the academy if not for Daddy fixing things for you, But my own personal safety is in danger because of your raging incompetence...'

*I say as I maneuver the Caprice through the streets of north Fort Shannon. Jesus christ this guy rubbed me the wrong way.*

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

‘Well I had experience in law enforcement before I was military police in fort drum. it just one or two of the test I I got 50% on it. all the other test I did where around 80 to 90 percent it was.my dad just help me out me out a bit here was sheriff deputy for 40 Years but don’t worry I got your back’ *id look at the window*

sd204dep.png

Unit 204

Badge 2016

*As I'm about to respond I spot a car running a stop on N. 6th Street and Broad Street.  My concerns about this probie isn't an excuse to not deal with the driver that continued on N. 6th.  With a sigh I flip on my lights and sirens to go after the guy.  As the car, a 2008 Ford Escape, pulls over I park right behind it and grab the mic to the radio.*

"203, county, show me out on a traffic stop on N. 6th Street with a black 2008 Ford Escape.  Occupied by 1"

*Setting down the mic I run the plates through the EAT to make sure the vehicle isn't stolen.*

'Good.  Not stolen.  Alright, still don't trust you but we've got a job to do.  For now observe.'

*Opening the driver's door I step out of 203 and approach the SUV.*

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

*id open my door and walk out to the passenger side I notice small little baggy of white residue On the passenger floor Witch it probably some kinda of drug. I’m worry if he wanted or possibly have any weapons in the car so I’d put my hand on my gun just in case* 

sd204dep.png

Unit 204

Badge 2016

*I glance in my rearview mirror as I hear sirens, rolling my eyes. Shiloh County's Finest, harassing another law-abiding citizen. Typical. I pull over, cracking my window just enough so that I could pass my license to the deputy when he walked up. I take my phone out, flipping to the camera and pressing record as the deputies get out.*

'This is Sean Franklin, freelance investigative reporter. I'm on North 6th Street, just up from Broad,' *I say to the camera.*

*I frown as the deputy on my passenger side puts his hand on his gun as he walks up and I pan over, being sure to catch the hand on the gun as well as the deputy's nameplate and badge.*

Sean Franklin

*As I approach the driver's side door I see Williams walk out to the passenger side.  Then I sigh as I see Williams put his hand on his gun.  Looking into the SUV I see a bag with white residue inside it.  It's pretty thick residue, like it was once liquid that since dried up.  Seeing a caulking gun on the floor of the passenger seat I figure it's from that but I'll ask in a bit to be sure.  Knocking on the driver's side window the driver rolls down his window only a crack and he's got a phone out.  Guess he's recording us.*

'License, registration, and proof of insurance'

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025