2020 Camping Trip

Blackburn

'Burke, good to see that you could make it.'

'Camping is my forte. That Northern Blood sets me more at home out here than in the city.'

*I grab his hand and shake it. While Patterson comes up.*

'Hello Burke ,where'd you get that box, and can it double as a cooler?'

'That's a bit of Rugged ingenuity. Box is your standard box, with some add one wheels, to replace those cheap plastic things suited for absolutely nothing. As far as a cooler? Not for very long at least. I've got a real cooler aboard with the same set up though. I'll bring her out once we get this all put away. and set up properly. No use working twice as hard.'

*I join the rest as we make a rag-tag group of campers, headed down to our site. I wonder, will my prestige as Commissioner buy me a good spot?'

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

*After a bit of a stretch near the lake I look back to see that Stone is setting up nearby my tent.  Was wondering if he was going to come.  Also wonder who else is coming.  Not sure what time it is but the weather is getting warmer now and that water looks good.  Taking off my shoes and socks I decide that I can't resist.  Wading into the water a couple feet I decide to just dive right in.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

* seeing evelyn step into tbe water while i sort my stuff out and rig up my fishing rods  i laugh as i see ajax and chico head into the water splashing her^ ‘ just tell em to behave if thry bother ya evelyn* i call to her while i pull my jacket off revealing  the missle baits shirt under it as ijog from my tent back up to my truck retriveing a foldable Jeep camping chair which i  remove from the bag and setup partly in the water  regretting the fact i forgot my rod holders then go back to rigging up the two rods i brought one lures for bass the other rigged  for bait for trout*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

*Just wanted an nice swim and now I have dogs all over me.  Three of them to be exact as Savo comes in to join Patterson's dogs.  Chico and Ajax loose interest quickly though as they decide to head back to shore.  Savo however doesn't as he tries to get on my back which gets me to stop swimming.  As I stand up in 4 feet of water Savo crowds me more so I pick him up, cradling him like a baby, and toss him back in the water.  He seems to enjoy it so he comes back to me to repeat the act.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*As the others start to explore the campgrounds, and one of them, the lake, I head back to the truck and grab my second wheeler and roll it down. I waste no time getting the tent set up, followed by my chair, and then most importantly, my cooler, which is equal parts beer and food. Once I'm fully set up, with a good view of everything, without having to be too close the prime lakeside real estate, I walk over to check out everyone else's set ups.*

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

*After pitching up my tent I put stuff inside it and get it ready for sleeping later tonight.  Satisfied with my setup I pull a book from my backpack and grab my fold out camping chair.  Carrying the chair to the fire pit I fold it out and have a seat.  Opening my book up I begin reading.*

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*With Savo beginning to get tuckered out from the swim I carry him out of the lake and to my tent.  Setting him down he wanders off a couple feet before laying down to get some rest.  Grabbing a towel from my backpack I dry myself off as much I can before putting on my shoes.  Draping my towel over my tent to dry off I grab my car keys from my backpack and head down the path to my car.  Unlocking the trunk I open it up and pull out a black folding chair for camping and a cot to set my sleeping bag on.  Also grabbing a fishing pole and tackle box I close the trunk up and carry the stuff back through the path.  Getting back to the camping site I head back to my tent, set down my stuff, and finish setting up the interior of my tent.  It doesn't take too long to do this so soon enough I decide to lay down on my sleeping bag on the cot and browse through my phone.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*I get my tent set up and unroll my sleeping pad and then sleeping bag inside, getting everything ready. I put my bag inside and unzip all the windows to their screens so that air can flow through. I step back out and stroll down to my truck, grabbing a camp chair out of the bed before heading back. I unfold it and set it up at the fire ring before grabbing a novel out of my tent and looking for a cozy spot in the grass. Finding one under a tree, I stretch out with my back to the trunk and open it, reading.*

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1909

*Out of stuff to look at on my phone I put the device down on my sleeping bag and yawn a bit.  It always amazes me how just staring at stuff can kind of tire me out.  Though yeah, I know it's just the eyes that are getting tired out.  Looking at my clothes I see that they are a bit dirty and still a bit damp from the swim so I decide to change out of them as I zip up my tent's door.  Changing out of the dirty clothes I put on a grey tank top and some khaki cargo pants.  Storing my dirty clothes into a bag that I use for a hamper I re-open up my tent and step outside.  Still a lovely and beautiful sunny warm day out I am greeted by Savo who seems to have just woken up himself.*

'You hungry?'

*Hearing him give what I can guess is a happy bark in response.*

'Let's get you fed then.'

*Going back in my tent for a bit I pull out some dog bowls from my backpack and set them down next to my tent.  Filling one bowl up with food I fill the other with water and let Savo have at them as I decide to wander around the camp site.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

* after setting my rods up i dug into one if my others setting the medkit down i rifle through my stuff till i find a few dog toys and there bowls i then pop the cooler grabbing a big jug of Poland springs water,which i both crack for myself as well as pouring some for the dogs which ill feed later  then i grab a pair if flip flops undoing the boots i wore and set them bumy th tent door inside of it  off come the socks as i then with my trout rig wade into the water up to my ankles and throw the line out wading back till i set the rod on a fallen tree* ‘ doubt ill catch anything right now but who knows’ * i then plop my ass down in my chair resting my bare feet just inside the water*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

*As I'm wandering around the campsite around the tree line the sight of something yellow and black catches my attention.  It's small but still I freeze.  Fuck, don't move, don't move it can't see me if I don't move.  What species is that.  Slowly I begin to back away.  Is there a nest nearby?  Shit I'm going to have to be careful on this trip  It's not a bumblebee or a honeybee so I'm certain it's the kind that stings.  Stinging is no good.  Stinging can kill me for sure thanks to me having allergic reactions to them.  Still backing away from it and it follows me.  Fuck.  Then it lands on me.  It doesn't sting me but even so the fear is enough to just make me freeze up and tremble.  Oh god get this thing off me.  Can feel my heart beating out of my chest.  Don't know what to do.  Should I just scream for help.  Yeah let's try that.  I open my mouth but nothing comes out.  Fuck I'm too scared to even do that.  Looking around I see Stone reading under a tree and an middle aged man wandering the camp site.  Patterson is somewhere fishing out of sight as is the probie.  Not sure where his girl is.  Who else is here?  Is that it?  Could someone notice I'm in distress already.  Feeling the bee crawl up to the nap of my neck.  It's an unpleasant feeling and now I'm frozen in fear even more.*

'Help'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*id decide to order a pizza and coke for everyone*

”hi may I get one pizza and coke”

”what size”

”extra large”

”any Drinks”

”dr pepper”

”okay will that be it”

”yep”

”that will be 34.50”

*I’d give him my credit card information*

(me) “Alysaa go to the truck wait for the pizza guy”

(Alyssa) ”babe you really order pizza where camping”

(me) “yeah the whole pizza is gonna be mine”

*alysaa look at me she probably wonder why the fuck you order pizza while where camping she starts walking back to the van*

Edited by Aidan721

sd204dep.png

Probationary Deputy Jay William
Unit 204

Badge 2016
17C4FD29-8D7C-4E7E-AF85-FB5663496C74.png

*As I’m walking I notice hawke is isn’t moving at all then I see a yellow jacket on her I could tell by her eyes that she distress and need help*  “calm down I’m gonna try think of way to get this wasp out of the way”

*id call for anybody*

”Guys We Have A problem over here”

medic1emt.png

EMT Aylssa Smith
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 2020

*I look up from my book as I hear almost a whisper, glancing around. I spot Hawke frozen in fear and get up.*

'What is it, Evelyn?'

*I walk over to her as Smith points out the bee on her neck.*

'Ahh okay. Don't worry, I got you. I'll get it.'

*I slowly cup my hand around the bee, sliding it off of her neck and quickly crushing it in my hand.*

'I got it, it's gone. No more bee.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*As Smith comes by and yells for help I just think yeah that doesn't help my current situation.  Though alright it will maybe bring someone over.  Just get the bee off my neck.  When Stone comes over and finally removes it I breathe a sigh of relief.  Dropping to my knees I try to breathe normally again as I calm down.  God I hate bees.  If it wasn't for my allergies to them maybe I wouldn't be so scared of them but fuck do I hate them.*

'Thanks'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*I crouch down next to Hawke, touching her arm.*

'Hey, it's alright. Deep breaths, in through your nose and out through your mouth. Bee's gone, nothing to worry about now.'

*I stay with her, not wanting to leave her alone just yet. She seemed pretty freaked out by the bee. Definitely a phobia, probably from an allergy or a bad sting before.*

'No worries, no big deal. You okay?'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*I pull my truck into the parking lot and find a place to park, I see some vehicles I recognize. Obviously I'm quite a bit late, but I had to make sure my parents were fine. They were still struggling from the aftermath of the Kimberly mill fire, my father's injuries were fairly severe and were requiring a lot of attention. Luckily I had been able to find someone to take care of him and help him rehab together my mother allowing me to actually return to work and, hopefully, a bit of a normal life again. I definitely missed my fire crew while I was gone though, and even the ERT as a whole. I park my truck and grab my camping gear and head down to find where the others were. When I get down there, I find a spot and place my stuff down, I wasn't ready to set it up just yet, I wanted to say hi to people first. The first group of people I see is Smith, Hawke and Stone. So I walk over to them, I notice that Hawke was a little shaken, I did catch the tail end of it, something about a bee. Instead of bringing up, I just try to improve the mood.

'Hey guys.'

I give a smile to Smith, a nod and smile to Stone, and then look to Hawke, offering a smile to her as well. I wasn't sure if anyone even knew I was coming, it was kind of a last minute thing for me, but it sure felt good to be here.

engine11lt.png

Lieutenant Katherine Baker
Engine 11

Badge 1704

*Tired of sitting down now I slowly get up to my feet.  Not entirely calmed down but I'm certainly breathing at a regular rate.  Seeing Baker giving me a smile as she shows up I smile back.*

'Alright, I think I'll be good now and I'm hungry, what's for lunch?'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

* unaware of the  great yellowjacket standoff i throw ny troyt rig out onto the lake hoping the rainbow colored powerbait snot ball i have on the end gets a hit i set the rod in a notch of a fallen tree now wadeing up to my short bottoms in the water id swim but i dont wanna spoke the fish anymore then they might be already*

’ yo, whst we doin for food,anybody know?’* i call out to whoever might hear*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

* who the fuck orders pizza to a camp site, dosent that deceat the purpose of camping, i think to myself as i hear williams reply by now im outta the water so i can store my phone in my tent finally taking my shirt off  as i orepare to sit down on the half submerged log my trout rods in replying to the probie*

’ How much i owe ya ill pay my fair share!’

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

*I nod as Hawke says she'll be okay.*

'Alright, alright.'

*I stand up, smiling as I see Kat walk up.*

'Hey, nice to see you could join us. I got tired of being the only non-cop out here,' *I grin. I look over to Hawke as she asks what's for lunch.*

'Hmm, who's cooking lunch? I don't know if I want to participate in pizza.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

“15 bucks I could do”

*id hear stone ask what cooking for lunch and i know their bacon Left*

”Stone their bacon left in that tin foil over their nice and juicy make sure the dogs don’t get them”

*id see alysaa with the pizza and coke also plastic cups*

”thank”

”you just ruin the fun of camping“

”Well Everyone time to eat”

sd204dep.png

Probationary Deputy Jay William
Unit 204

Badge 2016
17C4FD29-8D7C-4E7E-AF85-FB5663496C74.png