2020 Camping Trip

Blackburn

*After contemplating murder, recontemplating it, considering my personal connections to get my sentence reduced, and finally deciding against immediate action, I went to change and dry off. In the tent, I hear the ruckus of a fuckwad pulling through in some kind of monster. Who's arsehole is that? Must be Fire. None of my guys would be that bad. No way.*

'What in the cock gobbling fuck is this?'

*I look up and see Jim. Fuck me. ERT's shining... Well, he's a dispatcher, I'll give him that. I'm in no mood to deal with this right now, maybe he won't recognize me or something. Maybe he can't get out of the rig. I grab a beer, sit down in a chair by the water, but far enough back to kill a fucker before he can toss me in, and watch that firefighter struggle to pick a girl. Where's company of my own age when I need it? Where's that little reporter when I need her.*

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

• 2 weeks later...

*Not seeming to get a reply I am starting to feel left out.  Well, ok then.  Figuring I had enough time in the water I grab my floating bottle of beer and walk out of the lake towards my tent.  Putting down my bottle of bear I heading back inside my tent and take a seat on my cot as I grab a pair of jean shorts from my dufflebag.  Getting my legs into the shorts I slip them on and exit my tent.  Snatching my still damp grey tank top off of the top of my tent I slip it back on over my torso.  Squatting down I grab my sneakers and Corona only to get up and head back to the campfire.  Sitting back down into my chair I place my bottle of Corona in the chair's cup-holder and slip on my sneakers.*

'So, anyone bring a deck of cards?'

*After asking my question I take a sip from my bottle.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

*I look up at the sky as I float in the water, not really having heard Hawke. It was so peaceful to just lay back and float around, letting your mind wander as you stared up at the clouds. I sit up in the water and realize I've floated out to the edge of the swim area. Oh well, no big deal. I sip my beer and then look over to see what everyone else is doing as I start to make my way back in closer to the shore.*

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1909

*Returning to the campsite after a hike I check my phone for the time.  It's nearly 4:30pm.  Not exactly dinner time but by the time the food has been cooked it probably will be.  Returning to the social area by the fire pit I see the fire is out so I grab a newspaper and some kindling.  Placing the paper and the kindling into the pit I grab some firewood to place over that.  Lighting a match I set the flame to the newspaper and get another fire going.  Waiting a few minutes for the fire to get hot enough I put a grate over the fire and leave it while I head to my cooler.  Pulling out a couple of large zip-lock bags full of marinaded chicken from the cooler I head back to the fire.  Pulling the chicken out of the bags I place them on the grate and then sit down to watch the chicken cook.*

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*Coming too after conking out I slowly sit up and feel the back of my head.  What happened?  My head hurts.  Bringing my hand in front of me I look at it.  No blood, that's good.  What time is it anyways?  Grabbing my phone to get the time.  4:43pm.  How long was I out?  Doesn't matter, I'm awake now.  Feeling like playing some music I grab my Taylor guitar and get out of my tent.  Hobbling a bit to my chair just outside my tent I sit down and rest my guitar on my lap.  Strumming out an intro, Surv1v3 by Jonathan Underdown, I'm really feeling it.

'When the daylight's in my eyes, It wakes me and I feel alive, Drift away to free my soul, Drive away to free my will, Fade into the air, Just to stay alive...alive...'

*Back to instrumentals.  Honestly wouldn't know this song if it wasn't for GT5.*

'I can't, I can't survive, Struggle to find the way, but faith is on my side, There's nothing left, block out! Stuck in my life, why can't I go do my thing, Break out! Nothing to gain, you know it feels like ash, I can't, I can't describe, I feel I've lost control, within the twisted will in my eye, Work out! Stuck in this place, why can't I rise up through this maze? Break out! There's no way back, the time is now for me'

*More instrumental.*

'Drift away to free my soul, Another day, another way, Fade into the air, Just to stay alive ,Find myself again, Drive away to free my will, Straying like the clouds, Just to stay alive'

*Again more instrumental and I continue jamming by myself with this song.  Would probably sound better if I wasn't playing acoustic or if someone was at least playing along with drums.*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2021