2020 Camping Trip

Blackburn

*Arriving at the parking lot for the camping site I see a pizza delivering truck leaving with the labels Magic Pizza on it.  Yeah, there is no way I'm eating that pizza if someone from our trip ordered it.  Magic Pizza has got to be the worst pizza chain in the county.  Pretty sure they don't even cook their pizza and that's how they get it to you so fast.  It's like they want you to cook the pizza yourself when you get it.*

'Nope, nope'

*As I pull into a parking spot I can feel the brakes needing to be changed on my truck again as they squeal.  There's enough force to really slow the Nissan down but not enough to get the truck to stop before the tires hit the rocks put up to act like a curb.  The truck jolts as it comes to a stop.*

'Oof'

*Well, I'm stopped now.  Turning off the engine I grab my backpack and exit the truck.  Shutting the door behind me I head to the bed of the truck where I gather the rest of my camping gear.   Then it's a ten minute walk down the path to the site where I see everyone who is currently here.  Spotting a nice spot between two groves of trees and the tree line of the forest I set my gear down there and begin setting up my living quarters for the next couple of days.*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2021

*Seeing the pizza arrive so fast I wonder when it was order.  It got here way too fast for it to be any good.  Is it even cooked?  When did they order it.  Almost certain Smith found me having trouble with the bee as she was on her way to order it.  This makes no sense.  Did my panic attack make me lose my mind?  My whole ordeal only last 10-15 minutes tops.  Yeah that is way too fast for pizza to get here.  Shrugging it off I look over to the fire-pit where I see Savo, Chico, and Ajax eating up what looks to be bacon.  This causes me to chuckle a little bit.  Not sure if I'm losing my mind now though.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

* i see the dogs picking at our rookies  campfire and i cant help but chuckle as i climb outta the water that's when i notice  pizzas here already so therefor im not paying for my cut, that settled i rifle through my rucksack for some venision jerky neighbor gave me and elect to munch on a few peices figureing itll hold me for now*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

'Yeah, there's no way I'm having mystery pizza for lunch. I'll cook. Maybe some uh, some brats? Peppers and onions? Can do some foil packet potatoes to go with. I've got plenty, who wants to get in on it?'

*I take a quick head count and nod.*

'Alright yeah, I brought plenty. Shouldn't take too long to do up.'

*I head over to the fire, poking around with a stick to get it knocked down enough to put a grate over it. I take a cast iron skillet and put it on the grate. While I let it get hot, I get out some foil and start slicing potatoes into the foil, making packets with the foil around each potato. I toss in some onion and then season the potatoes. I slice up some bell peppers and onions, then put them in the skillet so they can reduce down while I finish up the packets.*

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

*As Stone goes to make dinner I head back to where I set up my tent.  Grabbing my camping chair I bring it to the fire where Stone is cooking.  Sitting down in the chair I pull out my phone and browse through Instagram, even taking a few pictures of myself, while I wait for lunch to finish being made.  Every now and then I glance up from my phone to see Stone's progress on cooking.  Heh, nice ass.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*I look at Stone as he mentions mystery pizza and nod*

'Yeah, I'll have whatever you cook up.'

*I grin and then head over to grab my chair and bring it to the fire sitting down near it to watch Stone cook as well*

'If you need a hand let me know, though it looks like you pretty much got it handled.'

engine11lt.png

Lieutenant Katherine Baker
Engine 11

Badge 1704

*Smelling food cooking I look up from my book and see that Stone is cooking.  How long was I reading?  It's already lunchtime?  Getting up from my chair I set my book down on it and stretch a bit.  Looking around the campsite I see Burke wandering around the place looking at the other's tents like he's inspecting them.  Seeing Williams and Smith got themselves a pizza I shake my head and wonder why.  Walking up to the fire I take a look at what Stone is making.  Looks like brats and it looks like it won't take too much time left to make.  Turning around I head back to my chair.  Grabbing my book I continue walking as I head to my tent where I place my book back in my backpack.*

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*I glance over my shoulder and see Hawke watching and smirk to myself. I lightly shoo the dogs away from the hot pan as they run up, not wanting them to get burned.*

'Just some brats and foil packet potatoes. Should be done in a little bit.'

*I glance up at Kat as she offers and smile.*

'Yeah, I think I've got this one, but thanks for the offer.'

*I add the brats to the pan and then toss the foil packets into the coals, letting them cook as I crouch down next to the fire, watching. Only a few more minutes now.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*As I finish setting up my tent and other items for this trip I take a seat in my camping chair and have a good look at the site.  Nice area.  Grabbing a bottle of Sprite from my cooler I crack it open and take a sip.  It looks like lunch will be ready soon which is good because I'm starving.*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

*As I make my way around, inspecting tents, I stop at the young British looking fella's*

'Hi there, I'm Will. Not a bad setup you got. Please tell me there's more than Sprite in that thing.'

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

*I nod to Stone, smiling back as I relax by the fire.*

'I brought stuff for an amazing campfire snack after we eat too. Everything we need to make s'mores. Or Just roasted marshmallows if people want that too, but I can't wait to dig into the chocolate.'

*I grin, but honestly who would turn down chocolate? Unless you didn't like it or were allergic to it...okay so maybe there were reasons to not like chocolate.*

engine11lt.png

Lieutenant Katherine Baker
Engine 11

Badge 1704

'Well, there's Coke and Sunkist in there too.  Some Fanta as well.'

*This guy looks like the commissioner but I can't really tell cause I've only seen him in person never.  Seen him on TV a few times though.  Bit surprised he's on this trip so it's nice to know he's not afraid to mingle with those on the bottom ranks of ERT.*

'Saving the beer for later tonight though.'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

*Seeing that lunch is almost ready I decide to put my phone away.  Getting up from my chair I walk back to my tent.  As I get back to my green and gray two person 7x5 ft rectangular tent I unzip the door and step inside.  My setup is pretty simple; sleeping bag on cot, cot next to the back window keeping myself 6 inches off the ground when I sleep, backpack to the right of my cot next to my head, dufflebag and laundry bag to the right of my cot next to my feet.  Tossing my phone on my sleeping bag I see my bra I wore earlier kind of sneaking out of the laundry bag so I tuck that back in there.  Backing out of my tent I zip it back up and head back to the campfire.*

'Lunch ready yet?'

*Taking a seat back in my chair I lean back a bit placing my elbow on my armrest and my hand on my cheek.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

'Ooh, smores. That'll be real good for a snack,' *I say, smiling at Baker.*

*I watch the brats in the pan, turning them after a little while. As they finish up browning, Hawke reappears and asks if it's ready.*

'Right about now, yep. Everyone grab a plate and gather round.'

*I pull the brats off the campfire and set them aside, then pull the foil packets out and set them next to the brats. I make sure the buns and condiments are out, then take a seat next to Hawke and Baker.*

'Y'all dig in. Lunch is served.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*Listening to Stone confirm that lunch is ready I get up from my chair and grab a plate.  Picking out a brat I place it in a bun and top it with ketchup and mustard.  This looks good, my mouth is really watering just looking at it.  Heading back to my chair sit down and place my plate on my lap.  Picking up my brat with one hand I use my other hand to push some hair away from my face as I insert the brat into my mouth.  Taking a bite I pull the brat away from my face and chew up what I've got in my mouth.  Feels like I'm in heaven it's so good.  When I've got my first bite all chewed up I swallow and immediately go in for another bite.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

‘ not for you guys go lay down’ *i chuckle as i grab my plate and my dogs come up wanting food ‘ a nice meal and s’mores,awesome’ * starting to dig in  i playfully push  my dogs muzzles away again* ‘ boys behave i fed you both before we left’ * i glance st stone after i swallow my first bit* ‘ whst did you season em with man, i like it’ * i then glance at chico* ‘ chico, canteen’ * the older shepard hobbles off to my tent biting the strap of my waterbottle which i had pre filled with some arizona arnold palmer tea and ice then hobbles back on his three legs dropping my bottle in my open hand,taking a drink i give him the ladt bit of the brat i had been eating, which he inhales* ‘good boy’ * i look around at the guys * ‘ he can grab beer too  or bring me my remote hell even a towel*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

*Getting up from my chair I head to my cooler and grab a Sam Adams out of it.  Grabbing a plate next I put together a bratwurst hotdog and get some chips for some sides.  Heading back to my chair I take a seat and begin consuming the lunch that Stone had made.*

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*As I finish eating up my brat I get up from my chair and head to my cooler.  Opening it up I pull out a Corona and crack it open.  As I take a drink of the bottle I spot from the corner of my eye the middle aged old man that I saw earlier as I got here.  He's still hanging around so I guess he works for ERT too.  Lowering my bottle away from my lips I turn my head to get a better look at the guy.  Wait.  Oh, he doesn't just work for ERT he runs it.  That's the commish.  Fuck I hope I didn't come across as rude this morning.  Why didn't I recognize him then.  Wait, I doubt he knows who I am.  Yeah, I'm near the bottom of the totem pole while he is on the very top.  There's no way he's going to know who I am unless he suddenly learns my name.  My job is salvageable, yes, alright I just have to make sure he doesn't learn my name to know who I am.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*It's weird, did the commissioner just come up to me just to ask if I had more than Sprite in my cooler?  He hasn't really said anything after my reply.  Is ERT's boss going senile or something?  As I think things out I hear that lunch is ready so I get up from my chair.*

'Looks like lunch is ready so...'

*Heading to the lunch area I put together a brat for myself I remain standing as I eat it.*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

'Well, there's Coke and Sunkist in there too.  Some Fanta as well.' 'Saving the beer for later tonight though.'

'Nothing wrong with that.' 

*I start to move away and the British looking youngster says something about lunch being ready.*

'What's that you got there?' *I say, as I walk over to the barbeque, smelling it before I can see what it is. Some kind of wiener, hopefully something solid like a brat instead of a regular weiner.*

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

*id decided to get refund so I’d call the back for a refund and they gave me back my money instantly well that great I decided to grab something to eat and I eat with alysaa I’d sit  on the log and see a skunk ten feet away behind the log Alysaa starts freak out screaming skunk and I see it well this is great camping trip I get up and Alyssa jump on my back*

”well this is great a skunk nothing could make this camping trip any better”

sd204dep.png

Probationary Deputy Jay William
Unit 204

Badge 2016
17C4FD29-8D7C-4E7E-AF85-FB5663496C74.png

*Once everyone else makes their plate, I grab a brat and a bun, putting some brown mustard on it with the peppers and onions. I put a foil packet on my plate and dig in, eating quietly. I glance around the group, judging the reactions. Seemed to be mostly positive; that was always a good sign. I look up as the older man in the group walks up, and quickly recognize him as the commissioner. Christ, I guess he likes to mingle with us common folk. Better watch my mouth before I lose my job, though.*

'Just some brats and some potato and onion campfire packets. There's plenty if you're hungry, sir.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*Sir. Jesus, they gonna be afraid of me all weekend?*

'Lets see if they taste as good as they smell'

*I grab a little of everything, sit down and taste it, fairly impressed with the taste.*

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

*Taking a sip of my Corona I sit back down in my chair, cross my legs, and look around.  Looks like most of everybody has gotten their food now and is gathered around the campfire to eat.  It's a small crowd here but it's not a terrible show out either.  If anyone was to come late now would probably be the time.  As I take another sip of my beer I hear Williams complain about a skunk and make a remark that this trip is ruined.  Guess he's not having a good trip but the trip is still early.  Setting down my bottle of Corona on my knee, still gripping it, I take a look at the Commissioner who is now eating.  Well, shooters shoot I guess.  If I'm going to have any fun by not having to worry about my job on this trip myself I guess I have to ask.*

'Alright Sir, I'm just going to go right out and say it cause your the top dog here.  What happens on this trip stays on this trip, right?  It's great that your here with us but I'm asking just cause I don't want to have to worry about my job after potentially drinking myself silly and dancing around the campfire tonight.  So, yeah, what happens on this trip gets left behind on this trip, right?'

*Taking a sip of Corona I wait for Burke's response.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504