Dancer Down

M. Price

*With a bit of a yawn I glance at the clock to see that it's almost 10am.  Only have a few hours left here and I can go home.  Big Jim in front of me is already sleeping after Charles had just come in to yell at him for 15 minutes for, well, sleeping.  The weather report said it was nice and sunny, not a cloud in the sky, as well as warm.  Can't wait to leave here to experience that weather.  Hearing a call come in those pleasant thoughts will have to wait.*

'911, where's your emergency?'

'Oh my god, he came in, he just...'

'Sir, where and what is your emergency?'

'Oh, uh, The Bada Bing! on the corner of South Second and East Side Drive.  In Fort Shannon.  Oh hell, they're bleeding a lot.  It's all over the stage.  All over the floor.  Someone came in to our club and shot Mike, our bouncer, and then shot Crystal who was up on stage.  He unloaded his gun on them both before he just left.'

'Can you give us a description of the suspect and do you know which direction he fled?'

'No idea on which way he fled but we know who did it, he's a regular here.  His name is Pat O'Donnell.  Fucking Irish Mick.  He's as short as a leprechaun.  Probably 5'5 with Red hair with a goatee.'

'Can I get a description of the clothes he was wearing?'

'Can you send us the fuzz and the ambulances already?  He was wearing baggy jeans and a black hockey jersey.  I don't follow hockey, I don't know what team that was.  Oh, he's not armed anymore, he dropped his revolver outside when he fled.  Got it in my hands right now.'

'Alright, put the revolver down, make sure no one else touches it and stay on the line, I'm dispatching the Sheriff's Department and EMS'

*Muting the call I get on the Sheriff's radio first.*

"County to Sheriff's, need units to respond to the Bada Bing on the corner of South Second and East Side Drive in Fort Shannon for a report of a shooting in a club.  Suspect is wearing a black hockey jersey and baggy jeans.  He is short with red-hair and a goatee.  Unknown direction of travel and is believed to be unarmed."

*Getting off the Sheriff's radio I key up EMS next*

"County to EMS, need two units to respond to the corner of South Second and East Side in Fort Shannon for two people shot inside the Bada Bing"

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*No sooner do I get in my unit and get out on the streets do I hear the call go out.  A sigh comes out as I prepare to key up the radio.*

"214 responding"

*Setting down the mic I flip on the lights and sirens as I head south on Broad Street.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

*I head out to the truck as I hear the tones, nodding. A shooting, good. Better to jump this than not and catch some bullshit assignment. I slip into the passenger seat and reach over to crank the truck up, pressing the responding button on the MDT. I take out my trusty vape and start puffing away. Once Callahan gets in the back, I glance in the rearview mirror.*

'Hey, fuckin Probie. You brand new or just new here? You ever been on a club job? Or a shooting?'

medic7pm.png

Paramedic Tom Murdoch
Medic 7

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 2008

*Hearing theres a shooting I get out from my desk walk out to my car.*

"400 show me responding. Advise all available Sheriffs patrol units to respond. Advise 911 to try the callback to ascertain if theres only one shooter, and advise the first units on scene to establish a perimeter with long arms.. Advise Unit 101 to be on standby with any SWAT members assigned to admin."

*I clip my portable to my belt as I walk downstairs. I get into 400 flip the lights and siren on and start driving to second and east side.*

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

*i get in the back and get ready to roll* 

hey, fucking probie, you brand new or just new here, you ever been on a club job or a shooting’ 

‘I’m brand new but in my time in the cadets we were taught how to apply a tq and properly dress gsw’s’

*i clip my buckle and start getting the jump bag ready as we pull outta the station* 

image.png 

EMT David Callahan
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 2027

* im sorting my stuff in 230 when i hear the captian come over the air wanting everybody for a shooting,so much for checking out my truck,i grab my patrol rifle  friom 231 abnd throw it upfront in 230s weapons rack qyuickly and hastilly tossing other stuff from the cab in the front theres shit in the back but theres no time now as the quarter master grabs Ajaxs bowls and such from 231 throwing em in the back with him,while i climb in the front after closeing ajax's door* 'put the rest of my belongings on my desk!' * i shout to the quartermaster who nods as i practically peelout from 230s spot and key up whiile i rip outta our lot*

"county from 230,show me responding code 3 to the shooting"

* the brand new truck instantly comes up to speed and i havent even put it through a beating yet while ajax starts barking wildly in the background *

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

*has i start to pull out of the station i hear a shooting call go out* 

“ERT 215 Show me Responding Code 3”

*i flip on my lights and siren and start heading in the direction of the club putting my gloves on preparing for the worst*. 

‘Holy shit two crazy shifts back to back’

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

* im doing my preflights  kinda lazily as im not expecting anything big today when my phone buzzes with a text from jay about a club shooting and them wanting everybody,no sooner do i put my phone down i hear the tower giving me emergency clearence to lift off about that same call..scramble mode engages in my head as i quicken my preflights then crack up the helo  imeditallt keying the radio to SD tac channels* "helo 1 to sheriff's units on tactical channels ,im up and inbound from the west" * within 10minutes im aloft heading for the clubs district of the city,which i overfly then racetrack orbit the area of the club * "helo 1 to sherifs,im overhead  on racetrack awaiting orders"

Edited by Vanguard

Amber Hutchinson
ERT Helo-1
Shiloh County Emergency Response Team

*i key up my radio*

” copy last Break ERT 215 show me On Scene” 

*i place the car in park setting up a block out for a perimeter and turn off my siren getting out grabbing my long rifle and charging it*. 

“215 230 be Advised I’m a block out on the south side of Club”

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

*Rounding Shiloh's Circle I get back on Broad Street as I continue to make my way to the scene.  Hearing updates from 400 it sounds like he thinks I'm south river so I guess I better address that.  Thinking about it though it probably doesn't matter much as I'm probably closer to the scene than him anyways.  Though I probably won't be arriving first either.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*Hearing the request for a callback to make sure there is only one shooter I repeat the question to guy I have on the line.*

'Sir, so is it just one shooter?'

'What kinda question is that?  Yeah, it was just one fucking Pat O'Donnell doing the shooting in my club.  He shot the bouncer and he shot the girl.  Then he ran and dropped his gun and I know that as it's in my hands right now.'

*Muting the call I give the reply*

"County to 400, there is only one shooter and he is believed to be unarmed.  Club owner has the gun that he said the shooter dropped"

Morgan Price
Badge 1606

"230,to 215,m just leaveing the lot  but  wait for backup,other units and myself will be there soon,break 230 to 400 do you want me to assume comand till you arrive,or no sir?" * i release my mic i asked the questuion that neded to be asked but as im also still north river and was getting a new truck,he'll probably honestly beat me but its better safe then sorry as i tear into trafic im making decent time but dont see any other blue lights near me sio there all behind me or im behind them*

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

"400 to county. Advise the caller to place the gun in a secure location. I don't want any confusion on scene. Advise first arriving supervisor and third arriving to make contact and advise."

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*Hearing the call go out from my office I rush down to 200.  Knew of the change in vehicles but when I see the new truck I still make a whistle.  Ok, no time to admire it.  Opening the door I get my gear inside and hop in the driver's seat.  Starting up the truck  and making my way to the scene I grab the mic and key it up.*

"200 responding"

*Setting down the mic I turn on the lights and sirens as I leave the station.*

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

'Alright Sir, I need you to put that gun in a secure location and don't touch it'

'Alright, alright, I'll get it secure.  It'll be in my office.'

*That was the second time I had to tell him that so I'm not sure if he'll actually do it.*

"County to 400, club owner says he's securing the revolver in his office."

Morgan Price
Badge 1606

*i key up my mic again*.  

“215 copies 230’s message ill be staging one block south the address waiting for backup”. 

*i release my PTT and start watching the crowds enter and leave the area but no sign of anyone matching the description of the subject”

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

* hearing the trafic i note im still far out,but im probably going to be the next one to respond with the time ive made,its not needed but at the first clear straight area og the road i gun it in the truck activating my rumbler as i tear down the broad street bridge,the truck for being an SUV,handles rather well and its more snappy to respond then the explorer i was in as i bang the  left on to south second  street  i listen for more traffic,not hearing any i slow down and key up passing through the north area of the club to link with 215 who has his long rifle out and the road blocked a block away from the club i pull up near him and shut down the lane he cant block keying up as i kill my sirens* "county from 230,show me on scene, net car in requesting you to setup to the north of the club break 230 to 400,did you want me to make contact or hold for more units?" *i say as i step out and flip my portable on,ajax still hyped up in the back of my new ride*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

"230 Make contact. I'll be in behind you."

* Crossing the broad st bridge Its a nice day out. Starting to warm up. I drive past 215 tapping the siren as I see the deputy with his long arms out. I pull up on scene behind the durango.*

"400 Show me out."

*I step out of the car.*

'Patterson, lets clear the club now in case theres a second shooter. I want the scene safe for EMS. Get your long arm. And first club employee we see make them turn on all the lights.'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

* i nod and move to grab my AR outta the durango racking and tapping it throwing the sling over my shoulderit dawns on me that i probably look like a swat guy in my class D's,i partially default to my time in the army in my posture and stance,scaning for other possable shooters* "ill take point then,or would you rather and i take cover role?' 

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

*And a shooting. Jesus*

"ERT, 208, I'm gonna be on the way to that shooting."

*I flick my lights to position 3, turn on my siren and dart around traffic. I'm only around the block, and I can hear the sirens, so it doesn't take too long. Pulling up into the parking lot, I see a sea of red and blue.*

"ERT, 208 going to be on scene." *Sizing up I look around* "400, 208."

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

"214 on scene"

*Shutting off the sirens I pull up and park north of the club as was asked.  Stepping out of the vehicle I grab the shotgun from it's rack and wait around as I maintain the perimeter north of the building.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*Hearing another car move into the parking lot. Looking up I see Jerry in 208 pull up.*

"400 to county. Can you advise unit 200 to back us up in the club. Perimeter units hold position."

'Patterson as soon as wagner gets his shit we'll go in you two go first I'll cover.'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109