2020 Emergency Response Team Christmas Party

Alpha

'Well, I was going to. You beat me to it.'

*I smile at Evelyn and start to dance with her as the band plays on. All this time I had been flirting around with her, but I still hadn't actually managed to get her out on a real date. Then again, I hadn't asked. That was probably reason number one. Definitely needed to work on that.*

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1909

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Were you now?'

*Teasing a bit with that question I smile as we get on the dance floor and start dancing along with the music.  It's not a slow song but neither is it fast paced either.  Still we do our best to dance with the tempo with my hands on his shoulders and his hands on my hips.  For a moment I think about moving his hands up to my waist however I don't hate this.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

'Of course. I wouldn't dare pass up a chance to dance with you.'

*Did that sound desperate? Or sappy? Christ, oh well. She'd let me knownif it was too much*

*We dance with the tempo, moving around our corner of the dance floor with a few other couples. At least we weren't out here alone. That'd have been a bit awkward.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'My dear Lt. Stone... that overused line is kind of cheesy'

*Teasing him a bit with a my eyebrows raised like I couldn't believe he just said that.  Then I lean in a little closer.  Getting my head just about on his shoulder as I whisper into his ear.*

'But I didn't exactly hate it.'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*I've acquired a few empty tumblers on my table. The waitress brings me a new Scotch & Soda as the ceremony ends and the music starts up.

I got separated from the group sometime after the pre-dinner shots and got sucked into a table with a bunch of medics I've worked more closely with the past few months. The tension at the table when Murdoch was awarded medic of the year was palpable at my table, as I assume it was at most of the other ones populated by EMS folks.*

'Hmmmm...I wonder...where Alyssa and everyone else is?' I think to myself. 

*With a fresh Scotch & Soda in hand, I get up, adjust my glasses and look around the room. I see the group seated at a table on the opposite end of the room.

I excuse myself from the table and work my way over to their table. 

I feel the buzz pretty heavily at this point. I'm such a lightweight.*

I approach the table as Hawke and Stone leave for the dance floor. Alyssa and the butch firefighter remain at the table. I sit down at one of the now-empty chairs next to Alyssa.

'Well they're not wasting any time.' I say to Alyssa as I gesture towards Stone & Hawke.

'Can you believe they gave Murdick medic of the year?' I say loudly over the music.

'Ain't that some bullshit.' I say, my inhibition starting to wane.

'Of all the damn people they could have given it to...they chose Murdick? Shit. My left ass cheek has more compassion than that dude.'

*As I listen to Breslin's reaction I start to feel the music. Perhaps it was the alcohol....ok...it WAS the alcohol....but I became overwhelmed with a sudden desire to dance. God...this is what happens when I drink....*

'God...this music is so good.' I say, only slightly drunkily.

'Any chance you've had enough to drink yet to even consider dancing with me?' I ask Breslin disinhibited.

'...because let's be honest...I've reached the point that I'm even considering dancing! I'm sure you've never wondered if I was a lightweight...but the answer to that question you never had is...yes...yes I am.' I say blissfully buzzed.

Generic%20Paramedic.png

Logan Sparks, Paramedic
Medic 2
Shiloh County Fire Department, EMS
Badge 1808

'ROUND THREE!!!' I shout over the loud blaring music.

I'm lined up along the bar with several other people, most of whom I've hardly talked to before. 

The beauty of alcohol, however, is that these distant acquaintances now feel like my best friends.

The bartender pours another round of cheap plastic bottled gold tequila into the row of shot glasses.

'BOTTOM'S UP!! CHEERS YOU FILTHY ANIMALS!' I say loudly over the music as we clink glasses and drink our third round of tequila shots.

I drink the tequila shot as quickly as possible, ignoring the fire-like burn in my throat. 

I clank the shot glass back onto the bar and let out a "God damn!" as my face reacts to the nastiness of the tequila. 

There's a loud cheer as the small group finishes their shots. 

Most of the group has had enough of the tequila that could easily pass for karosene, and they start to leave. They thank me and pat me on the shoulder before leaving the bar.

It's down to Caldwell and I now.

'Come on Mike you fucking panzy! What do you say? Round four?' I say loudly into his ear.

This can only end well at this point!

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1871

'You look dashing'

*I smile, but at the same time, think wow, he really has no idea how to compliment a lesbian. I guess if he's not tryna sleep with me, he doesn't know what to do with me.*

'Cop out answer. It may be the alcohol talking but you're both kinda cute.'

'And this Mark, is how you compliment a woman. Even when you're not trying to get into bed with her.'

*My remark gathers some laughs, mostly shock.*

'Well Lieutenant Stone, shall we dance?'

*Shit. Right, she likes boys. Never deterred me yet though. As the two get up and exchange words, I look towards Breslin and give her a little eyebrow raise.*

'I think he's trying to show us up.'

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

'Can you believe they gave Murdick medic of the year?'

*Sparks continues to rant about Murdoch getting medic of the year*

'Think about it like this the cirrhosis should kill him by next year. So next year a real medic should get it next year.'

'Any chance you've had enough to drink yet to even consider dancing with me?'

*I kill my drink and get up.*

'Fuck it lets dance.'

'...because let's be honest...I've reached the point that I'm even considering dancing! I'm sure you've never wondered if I was a lightweight...but the answer to that question you never had is...yes...yes I am.'

*I giggle at Sparks as he admits to being a lightweight as we make our way to the dancefloor*

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*I smile as Evelyn tells me it was cheesy. Of course it was.*

'That's a good thing,' *I laugh softly as she tells me she didn't hate it.* 'I'm full of cheesy lines.'

*The band starts to segue into a slower song as I see some of the others joining us on the dance floor.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Uh huh, just remember not all cheesy lines are good though.'

*The music gets slower and I move in closer to Mark.  Perhaps it's the liquor but I can't help but rest my head on his shoulders.  Though a bit faint because of his Class As and my dress I can feel the heat from his body.  It's nice, warm and cozy.*

'Ever feel like you were in a dell?'

*That's almost where I feel like I am right now.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

'Fuck it lets dance.'

*I grab her hand and lead her to the dance floor.*

We start dancing. A few songs later the music slows down.

'Shit...slow dance already!? Who is this DJ?' I say disappointed.

'Fuck it. Shall we?' I ask as I get up close and personal to Alyssa. 

'Let me warn you. I haven't slow danced since my senior prom.' I start. '...and I try not to think about that night, for several reasons.' I laugh.

'You're not much of a slow dancer are you?' I ask her, the alcohol making my chatty.

Generic%20Paramedic.png

Logan Sparks, Paramedic
Medic 2
Badge 1808

*I laugh softly and nod.*

'Oh trust me, I've found that out the hard way.'

*As she moves in closer, I can't help but smile to myself. Nice move, DJ. I could definitely get used to holding her this close. I pause at her question for a moment before replying.*

'Sometimes, yeah, definitely. In the right places, with the right people.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'You're not much of a slow dancer are you?'

*Logan says drunkenly*

'The last time I slow danced was at prom. And I may or may not have been high for that.'

*I giggle as we both stumble around pretending to know how to slow dance*

image.png

O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*As the rest of our group leaves me and Jay at the bar.*

'Come on Mike you fucking panzy! What do you say? Round four?'

'How about Round 5 and 6 you bitch! And lets mix liquor to make it interesting!'

*I give the best drunkenly charming smile to the bartender.*

'Can I get 2 shots of Jack and 2 shots of goose?'

*I say as I slip her a 5 as were both very visibly intoxicated and I want to be more intoxicated. She pours out the shots. I spin around to Jay.*

'If you got jack in your cup then drink it up. And we got so much goose were turning into geese.'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

*Smiling at Mark's reply I hate to break this up but I'm starting to get tired.  Must be the booze.  Can't remember how much champagne or whatever else I've had but it was enough.  Also my feet are starting to hurt and get tired from wearing these 6 inch heels for the few hours we've been here.*

'Well, how about now?'

*After asking the question I try to stifle out a yawn to keep the pleasant atmosphere going.  Well maybe being like this a bit longer wouldn't hurt.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

'This is definitely the right place with the right person,' *I answer in reply. Seeing her stifle a yawn, I decide to shoot my shot.*

'You wanna get out of here? I've got a room upstairs.'

*It was probably way too forward and certainly was ballsy, but a man had to take chances. She knew he was interested in her, no need to beat around the bush. If she shot him down, then oh well. If not, it was certainly going to be a good night.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Yeah'

*Guess I didn't hide that yawn as well as I thought I did.  Letting go of Mark as I stop dancing.*

'Just let me get my purse back at the table.  Meet me at the exit of the hall?'

*As I wander off back to the table I can only think of how I have a bad judgement in men.  However for the first time I feel like I've finally found a good one.  Maybe this will work.  Hold on, he's only asked me upstairs and not on a date.  Fuck it, if it goes that far one night stands are fine.  It's been awhile and maybe this will lead to something.  Getting to my table I see Noel there.  Grabbing my purse I figure I should at least say good night to her.*

'Well, I'm tired and heading out.  You have a good night Jen.'

*With a nod I turn around and head towards the exit where maybe Mark is waiting.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*I smile and nod as she says to meet her at the exit.*

'Of course.'

*As she walks back to the table, I head for the exit and then wait for her. I check my pocket, making sure I've got the room key. Yep, still there. Good. As she comes back up, I offer another smile and take her hand, walking out to the elevators with Evelyn and heading up to the room.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*Seeing Mark at the exit he offers me his hand which I gladly take.  Walking with him to elevators I can't wait to get these heels off my feet.  Can't wait to find out what's next either.  As the elevator doors open I get on with Mark and head upstairs to his room with him.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*Though the party is still going on strong it is getting late and babysitters are getting expensive.  Saying goodbye to the people at our table me and my wife get up and leave the hall.  Getting our things and heading outside the hotel we get back into my Vette as valet pulls it up for us.  What a fun night.  Probably going to be even more fun for those still at the party.*

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

'How about Round 5 and 6 you bitch! And lets mix liquor to make it interesting!'

'FUCK YEAH! Let's get it!' I say loudly as Caldwell orders the drinks.

'Can I get 2 shots of Jack and 2 shots of goose?'

'Fuuuuuuuuuck...' I say drunkily as Mike puts on his drunken charm and reveals the drinks of choice.

'We're going to shit face town! Population us, bro. All aboard!' I say loudly as the bartender starts filling the shot glasses on the bar top.

'If you got jack in your cup then drink it up. And we got so much goose were turning into geese.'

'The caboose is empty and ready to head to Get-Rekt town' I say obviously already highly inebriated.

*I start to laugh as I pick up the shot glass*

'Cheers to you...you fucking cum dumpster' I say mildly slurring my words and clinking the shot glass and drinking the first shot of jack.

'fucckkkk' I say after swallowing the shot of Jack Daniels. I make a disgusted face, then slam the empty shot glass onto the table.

*I start laughing and hug Caldwell*

'I fucking love you, man. You always know how to show a man a good time.' I say even more drunkily than before.

Some random son-of-a-bish startsss egggggging me onnn. How long hasssth thisss mofuckerr been here nesst to mee?? 

'Come on guys. Finish it up!' the guy says to us egging him on.

'Heyy...heyy...do I...I...know yous?' I ask him putting my hand on his shoulder.

'Ohhhh yeahh. I knoww you. You're thattt dude who worksss.' I say giggling.

'YOu work....uhhh...work...uhhh...*I giggle* god I'm so fffffucking drunk.'

'Hey Mike...RROUND EIGHT ORRR SSSOME SHITTT!' I say turning my attention to Caldwell.

*I reach for and struggle to grab the last shot glass.*

Wit my hhhand now ffffirmly in the grrraspppp of the last sssshot I raisshe it up. It takes ery bit of my pow-power nnnnot to spilllll hahahahaha.

'MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS!' I sayyy

'AND FUCK SANTA!' I SHOUT asss i slam da ffffuckking shot glasss downn my ppppppppieee holleee.

Hahahahahaha...hoollleee...hahahaha

Edited by Chris07

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1871

*I put my hand around her waist as she puts her arms around my neck.*

I pretend like I know what I'm doing. We move slowly from side to side. With each step I pray I don't step on her feet.

*We dance for a few seconds, and I make an awkward move and start to giggle.*

'Sorry. The drinks ain't helping my coordination.' I say.

I notice her kind of stumble as well. I giggle again.

'Welllll...if we can both be terrible at the same time we might actually be decent at this.' I say happily.

*We continue to dance*

'You know...this isn't the alcohol talking...I sweer....' I stop mid-sentance noticing my mispronunciation.

*I laugh*

'I swear...I swear...' I correct myself.

'I swear...you look really nice tonight.' I say trying incredibly hard to suppress my giggles and be dead serious.

'So...you spent your senior prom high?' I ask.

'Must have been a killer time.' I say jokingly.

We're obviously terrible at this dancing thing, might as well talk talk talk while the booze continues to make the chatty and giggly.

Generic%20Paramedic.png

Logan Sparks, Paramedic
Medic 2
Badge 1808

'I swear...you look really nice tonight.'

*I giggle at this comment.*

'You look good yourself, You would look better if you had one of those cool blue tuxedos like those cops over there.'

*I point and laugh at these two cops making complete asses out of themselves.*

'So...you spent your senior prom high?'

'Yeah I couldn't imagine going to one sober. Its so fucking lame. You have some bad DJ, teachers stopping you from doing anything fun. So all my friends did bumps of coke in the bathroom to uh... Keep it interesting I guess.'

'Must have been a killer time.'

*A waitress walks by with a platter full of shots. I grab 2 clearish looking ones and hand one to Sparks.*

image.png

O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

'Roundddd eightttttttttttt'

*I slur to the bartender and tip her a random amount of money. It could be a 1 or it could be a 20. Jenna was smart enough to take all the large bills out of my wallet before this.*

'Annnd one for my new friend!'

*I say as I point at the guy telling Jay to drink more.*

'3 car bombssssssssss. Extra Irishhh.'

*The bartender looks concerned and then looks at the bill I gave her.*

'I guess this is alright'

*She pours them and serves them to us. We fumble around but manage to assemble them*

'AND FUCK SANTA!'

'Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk the queennnnnnnnnn!!!!'

*I say as we pound down the adult beverages*

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316