2020 Emergency Response Team Christmas Party

Alpha

*I look around in surprise as Murdick is announced as Provider of the Year. Strange, never pegged him as the type to win awards. I was honestly surprised he was present at the banquet. Then again, there was an open bar and he was definitely at least a little alcoholic. As Noel is announced, I smile and start clapping along with several of our shiftmates. She had done really well this year, and definitely deserved it.*

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1909

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*I laugh as Alyssa says she must've been drunk.*

'Had to be drunker than he is. I mean, don't get me wrong, Murdick is a good medic, but he's a real piece of shit otherwise.'

*I didn't realize Alyssa had sat down on my other side. This was interesting. Evelyn on one side, Alyssa on the other. Felt a bit like the Memorial Day party. Maybe they'd get drunk again, that was interesting. Then again, I had promised Evelyn not to let her make out with women tonight. That was probably a no-go, then.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Our next award is to recognize the supervisor of the year. This nomination is open to any member who acts in a supervisory capacity within their department. It is a nomination that can be received from the floor or from management within the agency. It gives me great pleasure to welcome Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn from the Shiloh County Sheriff's Office, as officer in charge of the Street Operations Platoon.'

supervisoroftheyear2020.png.f2546076b75588a99e5c361644404545.png

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

'Had to be drunker than he is. I mean, don't get me wrong, Murdick is a good medic, but he's a real piece of shit otherwise.'

'He's a piece of shit medic too.'

*I say as I watch Murdoch stumble up and get his award and stumble back down towards the bar. Burke continues to name off the next awardee.*

'Well, we all know things have happened when you have been drinking so that's very plausible'

*I glare at Hawke.*

'Yes I have made many bad choices while I was intoxicated.'

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

'We all know I do things when drunk as well.'

*I continue my glare as I pound my drink. I raise my hand to get the waitress's attention for a new drink.*

'I don't think were going to be doing anything that scandalous again.'

image.png

O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*I raise my hands, trying to break up the tension between the two girls.*

'Hey, hey. Let's take it easy, ladies. No need to fight. Let's all have a drink and relax.'

*I flag down the waitress for another round of drinks for all of us.*

'We're all friends here. No need to fight, yeah? We're just having a drink and relaxing.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*I've been quietly taking in the conversation at the table, eating and smiling, laughing where appropriate and making small talk until the lesbian talk comes out. I knew my gaydar worked!*

'Stone sounds like he wants to wrestle, not fight. But I'm definitely on board with more drinks.'

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

'Lastly I'd like to recognize the ERT's rookie of the year, an acknowledgement given to an employee hired during the calendar year for exceptional growth and development. I would like to welcome Deputy James Rogers, who I've learned is affectionately referred to as, what is it again Captain? Sticks? No, it's Snake. Haha, I can't remember. Anyways, welcome Deputy Rogers.'

rookieoftheyear2020.png.39170bf551f0b5a273cb92c8b7727c80.png

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

'Yes, let's not repeat scandalous activities that need not be mentioned again.'

*Agreeing with Breslin in that department I wonder how many sips of Champagne I've had as I take another one.  Not sure if I ate anything from the meal but I must have since the plate in front of me looks half empty.  As Noel mentions she's on board for more drinks I kind of nod.*

'Guess I wouldn't mind some Scotch or Brandy.'

*Looking at Stone.  It's a bit of a delayed response however I feel like responding to him.*

'We're not fighting.  How many drinks have I had?'

*Then I boop him on the nose with my finger and giggle like an idiot.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

'Yes, let's not repeat scandalous activities that need not be mentioned again.'

'Agreed.'

*I say firmly as Hawke boops Stone on the nose. I have also lost track of Sparks. Bad things are going to happen again.*

'But whos to say what's scandalous anyway'

*The waitress serves me a long island ice tea and I take a sip*

image.png

O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*I finish off my drink.*

'A few? Did you pregame?'

*I laugh as she boops me on the nose and shake my head.*

'More than me, for sure.'

*I nod in agreement with Breslin and thank the waitress as she brings me another rum and coke.*

'Its only scandalous if you think it is. Other people opinions are overrated.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'No, why would I pregame? I drove here Mistah S'

*Pausing for one second I think about what I said*

'Oops, sorry, I mean Lieutenant Mistah S.  Anyway, more than you... well, one way to fix that! Drink up!'

*With that said I finish off my glass of champagne.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*I shake my head, smiling. Christ, she sounded well and truly gone. Mistah S? What was that supposed to be?*

'Definitely more than me. I'll catch up eventually.'

*I chuckle and finish off my drink. I grab another from a passing waiter just in time to hear the two women complimenting each other. They had just been fighting. The hell? Women never made sense.*

'You both look great,' *I offer up. Maybe that'd come across as desperate, or maybe they'd accept it. Maybe they'd both shun me since I hadn't picked one. Who knew.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*Lipsticks always confused me. Fight one second, and f.. well, you know what I mean.*

'What about my outfit, since you're so eager to offer the compliments Mark?'

*I say, doing my best to model the very non sexy uniform. I accentuate the curves I do not have as they all look.*

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

‘So thats why youve hardly been home this year....’ * i kiss jason as he sits down beside me  with his award* ‘i guess i cant be that mad at you,nice work babe’ * he chuckles  at my attempted pouty face then kisses me again ‘sorry im not sorry hon’ *he replys with a smirk as we both go back to our meals and drinks,ive switched to water so we dont needa rent a room tonight but jay can get trashed if he choses to, hes earned it hes also earned something else tonight but ill let his mind wander as i quietly almost whisper like moan into his ear* ‘ feel free to get trashed baby, ill be sober enough to drive in a few hours should you wanna head home’ ‘yet another reason why i married you, watress, waitress , bring on the shots!’ * i chuckle as hubby flags a serving girl down as politely as he can given the dinner waving whatever drinks that arnt water  She offers me away*

Edited by Vanguard

Amber Hutchinson
ERT Helo-1
Shiloh County Emergency Response Team

*I sip my drink, looking up in surprise as Noel asks for a compliment too.*

'Absolutely dashing,' *I nod.*

*Christ, did that make her sound like a man? How do you compliment a lesbian? Well, it was over and done with now. I glance up to the stage as the Commissioner makes his closing remarks and leaves the stage, being replaced with the members of a live band that was going to play out the night.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*Between the award announcements, the small chatter, and the compliments going on at our table I finish eating the dinner that had been set before me.  Finishing my latest glass of champagne I figure it's time to shatter some dreams here as I get up from my seat.  Turning to Mark as the band plays on.*

'Well, Lieutenant Stone, shall we dance?'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*I look up to Hawke and smile as she asks.*

'You know, I'm supposed to be the one asking. But I'd love to.'

*I get up from my seat, taking Evelyn's hand and leading her out to the dance floor.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909