2020 Emergency Response Team Christmas Party

Alpha

Oasis-Centre-Edmonton-Christmas-Party-Venues8.jpg

The annual ERT Christmas banquet is here! This banquet is limited to uniformed members of the ERT, SCFD, and SCSD. Members are permitted to bring a plus one of their choice. The banquet is held in a downtown Fort Shannon hotel. Rooms are available at a discounted rate for banquet attendees. The hotel has an open bar for the event. During the banquet, end of year awards will be handed out. Following the banquet, there is a live band and a dance floor. Attire is Class A or black tie civilian wear.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*With my hair styled up in some type of glamorous messy bun I arrive at the hotel's entrance where the valet wait to take my car as they open up my driver's door.  With my index finger I point to indicate to give me a moment as I lift up the hem of my skirt and slip the sneakers off my nylon covered feet and replace them with my pair of black six inch heeled pumps.   Grabbing my purse I can only think it's a bit of a waste to wear my black stockings with this dress as the hem drops to the floor but then again they do keep my legs warm.  So that's nice.  Vacating my Chevy I leave to the valet as I head into the hotel where I approach an attendant.*

'Excuse I'm here for the ERT banquet.  Can you tell me where that is?'

'Just down the hall.  Big room on the left'

'Thanks, can you also tell me where I can check in my coat?'

'Right over there'

*The attendant points to a desk in the back corner of the room.*

'Thanks'

*With a nod I walk away and approach the desk where I am greeted by the coat checker behind it.*

'Checking in your coat?'

'Yes, what's the fee?'

'$5, pay when you come back to pick up your coat.'

'Alright'

*Setting my purse down on the desk I slip off my black wool trench coat which reveals the rest of my black laced trimmed, off shoulder, long sleeved mermaid styled evening gown that I am wearing for this banquet.  As I hand over my coat to the clerk I can only think that, with the exception of my golden eye shadow and cherry red lipstick, I am wearing a lot of black today.  Well I look good in this dress anyways so who cares.*

'Here's your ticket for when you need to pick up your coat.'

'Thank you'

*Grabbing my purse off the desk I take the ticket and place it in there.  With a nod goodbye I leave the clerk as I head to see if anyone I know is at the hall for the banquet.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

*I pull up to the event in 400. I see there's a valet.*

'Shit you got cash for a tip?'

'Yes Zach.'

*Steph passes me 10 bucks. I put it in the breast pocket of my Class A uniform. I pull up to the Valet and he opens the passenger door for steph, she steps out wearing her dark red dress. I open my door and step out. I take the Valet ticket that's handed to me. One of the people from the venue come out to greet me.*

'Hi captain russo, My name is Jennifer I'm the guest liaison just letting you know they want the brass sitting up front so we have reserved a seat near the front for the dinner service. In the meantime enjoy cocktail hour.'

*I walk into the hotel and follow the signs for the main room. I shake hands and greet people along the way who recognize me the way. I walk up to the bar.*

'Jameson and Ginger please and whatever my wife is getting.'

*Steph steps up and orders a red wine. I look around and see if I see anyone I know*

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

*Arriving at the hotel with my wife I bring my Vette to a stop and get out of the vehicle to let valet park it.  Linking arms with my wife, me in my Class As and her in nice blue formal dress, we enter the hotel.  Following the signs to the main room we enter to see a bunch of people already there.  Some I know, some I have no idea who they are.*

'Want something to drink?'

'Yeah, get me some wine'

'Alright, meet you at our table'

*Parting ways with Andreea I head on over to the bar.*

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*I see Blackburn walk up to the bar. I walk up and slap him on the back*

'Have you ever gone somewhere and get embarrassed when someone is wearing the same thing as you? Whats up buddy?'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

*Feeling a whack on my back and hearing Russo crack a joke about uniforms I decide to respond with a straight face and a sarcastic tone.*

'Well, eight years in the military, seven years as a cop.  Got used to everyone wearing the same damn thing as me a long time ago.  How's it going Capt?'

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*The Valet opens my door and hands me a ticket. I step out wearing a red lacy cocktail dress under a black wool coat. I walk inside the event and see the coat check. As I drop my coat and take the ticket I see a familiar face.*

Fuck this is going to be weird.

*I try to keep my distance and not make eye contact with Hawke.*

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*In the corner of my eye I see the familiar face of a paramedic lieutenant and then I remember the texts I sent her way back in October.  That plus the kissing at Stone's Memorial Day BBQ and I think it's best to avoid her tonight.  Walking by her I enter the main hall and grab a glass of champagne from a server walking by.  Going to need a lot of this stuff tonight and probably a room.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

'Well, eight years in the military, seven years as a cop.  Got used to everyone wearing the same damn thing as me a long time ago.  How's it going Capt?'

'Not too bad, Whatcha drinking tonight?'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

'Wine for the missus...'

*Looking at the counter I see some shots already poured into glasses.  Taking one of the shots.  Looks like whiskey.*

'... and whatever the hell this is.'

*Raising the shot in cheers I then down the liquor and place the glass upside down on the bar.*

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*I pull up at the valet and step out, straightening my uniform. I had spent most of the day polishing brass and straightening my nametag and few awards after picking up the Class A from the cleaner's. It looked good - and by extension, I looked good. At least, I thought so. I head inside, passing by the coat check and stepping into the ballroom. I glance around, scanning the crowd for familiar faces. Only a few so far, but the night was still early. Time to work on my first goal for the night - get well and truly buzzed for the shitshow that was going to be awards. I head over to the bar, ordering a rum and Coke.*

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

*I put the car in park at the valet and step out as he opens Ashley's door for her. I walk around and she takes my arm as I slip the valet a tip. We head inside and check her coat before making our way to the ballroom. I look around for someone else I know. Thankfully, we wouldn't be sitting with Captain Russo tonight. That'd be more pressure than I needed to endure.*

sd217cpl.png

Corporal Richard O'Reilly
Unit 217

Badge 1943

‘ babe , a military bun seriously?’ * i say as i climb into my jeep kissing amber,who promotly gets in shortly after  and before she can rven start to fiddle with her uniform i take her hand* ‘ relax ok, your fine, uniforms fine were not in the Army anymore  you gotta relax at somepoint’

* she sighs  as i fire up my truck and start the drive into the city ive gotten so used to just driving with ajax me and amber havent really sat in the same car sense i got k9 luckily i know hes safe at home a nother shifts k9 coo happened to live nearby and his daughter  is our normal babysitter for cole So i know both my dogs and son will be in good hands as amber finally speaks* ‘ youre sure im all set, sorry im fussing so much over dresscode old habit, im working through it,promise’ * i smile at her again looking her over,even her makeups to military spec but i opt for the easy response* ‘ trust me, your fine, one of these days we’ll go to that italian place, your wearing that dress you used my card for one way or another hon’  * she chuckles and kisses me smirking and then seductively replys*  ‘ i payed you back for it after the bombing dident i?’ 

* i smirk* ‘ lemme drive, we can pounce eachother in the bathroom or something like that one time up at ft bragg, remember?’  * she laughs and playfully swats me as i not realizeing the time pull off the freeway instinct fully reaching for a lightswitch thats not there  only to stop at the intersection i came up on* ‘ forgot im not on the job, old habit dont tell my boss as sometimes id flip the lights on to get through an intersection responding to something’ * amber again chuckles as i keep driving eventually arriveing at the hotel, spotting a valet* ‘ think he takes credit?’ * i say as amber pulls a crisp $10 from her purse and hands the valet it as she steps out, i soon follow watching the guy pull away with my truck hoping he dosent scratch it , getting my ticket i out it in my walket then with amber on my arm we enter the hall taking a few seconds to soak everything in having skipped the coat check outright*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

*Finding myself gravitating towards the bar with my glass of champagne.  Though I'm still a bit sore at him Stone catches my eye as he orders a rum and coke.*

'Well, well, looking sharp in those Class A's there Lt. Stone'

*That was probably the champagne talking but I've only had about 1/2 a glass.  Still a bit sore at him for standing me up at the Labor Day Party that I tried to throw.  Come to think of it everyone here snubbed me on that.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*I thank the bartender as I take my drink, sipping it. I smile at Evelyn as she walks up. I was surprised to see her here alone. Always struck me as strange that she didn't have men lined up at her door to get a chance. Then again, what did I know. She probably did. Fair few women too, if Memorial Day was any insight. She looked great in the dress, and she must be wearing heels. She was of a height with me, if not slightly taller. I chuckle as she calls me lieutenant.*

'Thanks. I think it's the uniform, it takes a lot to make me look decent.' *I sip my drink again. I hoped she wasn't mad about the Labor Day deal. I hadn't meant to stand her up, but I had been busy that weekend. Oh well. Only thing to do was to try to make it up, if possible.*

'You look great. Beautiful dress,' *I tell her. Of course, it was hard for her to look bad, and that dress definitely accented all the right parts of her.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*Yes, call me pretty more.  Just kidding, what am I thinking.  Still I smile at the compliment and take a sip of champagne.*

'Thank you.  Where do they have you sitting?'

*Almost feels like I'm looking down on him.  Must be the heels adding six inches to my 5'8" self.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

'I think I'm gonna sit in the back, if I can find a table that hasn't been claimed. Doubtful I'm getting any awards, and it's harder to be harassed by the brass if I'm farther away,' *I chuckle. I take a sip of my drink.*

'How about you? Know where you're sitting yet?'

*Hopefully sitting down would fix the height problem. I wasn't intimidated by tall women, but I definitely wasn't used to women taller than me. It was just strange.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

* after our car ride which was awkward i elbow my husband who seems lost, guess he never ever went to any balls or galas before compared to me having been to a few officers galas both as a  civilian with my parents,then in uniform with the army nyself, looking over my uniform again i opt to lead him whispering as i drag him off to yhe bar*  ‘ hun, have a drink and calm down treat this like our wedding party just more...formal and official’ jason nods as i hit the bar with him in tow*  

ill have a nice red wine first, and hubby here  a jack danials,straight,  and then ill take a rum and coke‘  * the bartender aswell as my husband look equally suprised but fix our drinks, we still havent picked where we’ll sit and i dont see any special order but for now we’ll both opt to have our drinks , i see a firefighter and who i guess is a cop further down the bar,clearly flirting or trying to but were all the way down the end,away from everybody as jason clearly still needs to acclimate to all this, id ask him if he thinks hes getting an award but id rather be suprised*

Amber Hutchinson
ERT Helo-1
Shiloh County Emergency Response Team

*I enter the hotel, walking in with my dress uniform on underneath the long black raglan that matches. I take Elizabeth's long black peacoat, revealing her simple black dress. I go to coat check, handing hers and mine in together. I catch my reflection in the glass and straighten my tunic a little before turning back towards the crowd. I walk into the main banquet hall and see quite a few people here, including all of this year's award recipients. *

'Do you want to go get some drinks while I make friendly with brass?'

'Sure. You know how much I love these events' She says with a little chuckle.

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

*I look around the lobby as I take my heavy over-coat off and my wife does the same with hers. I proceed to check our coats.*

'Wait. Turn around, let me see you.' my wife says to me as I shove the coat tickets into my pocket. 

I turn around to face her. She straightens my dark navy with white polka-dots bow tie.

'Your're a mess' she says quickly brushing the front of my navy suit jacket, which matches the navy pants and black shoes which have been shined to perfection. All a perfect contrast to my light blue-white dress shirt.

'Well. You know me.' I reply.

'There'

*Nicole takes a step back and looks me over*

'You look handsome.' she says in approval.

*I immediately pose in a ridiculous sexy pose. She tries to muffle her chuckle.*

'Thanks for straightening me up...mom' I say as I take my position at her side.

'...and let me just say...you are exceptionally pretty tonight.' I say looking at her in her dark blue evening dress.

'Thanks.' she smiles back as we start to proceed into the Banquet hall. I see a lot of unfamiliar faces, but also some familiar ones.

'Well......' I pause looking around on where to go.

'How about a drink?' I ask.

'Sure.' She says.

As we take our first steps towards the bar I see Commissioner Burke and his wife standing there.

I stop and catch his attention.

'Good evening commissioner.' I say holding my hand out for a handshake.

'The county actually dead enough to allow you to be here tonight?' I ask facetiously.

'I don't think you've met my wife Nichole.' I say introducing her.

md1.png
Dr. Chris Grant, DO MPH
Medical Director - Shiloh County EMS
Attending Physician - Emergency Medicine
Shiloh County Hospital Medical Center

*I walk into the hotel and proceed into the banquet hall*

I'm wearing a dark grey suit, dark grey vest, white dress shirt, and a light golden colored tie. 

I've done something tonight that I don't think I've done publicly in quite some time: I wore my glasses.

Does anybody even know that I have glasses?

For the first time in years, my contacts have been irritating my eyes, so I'm pretty much forced to break out the specs.

They're a medium thickness black frame, a bit retro, but good thing for me retro has come back into style.  Damn hipsters.

My hair is nicely styled...damn I clean up pretty good if I do say so myself.

*I walk into the banquet hall and look around. After a moment I see Breslin standing awkwardly not too far away and start making my way over to her.*

'Hey Breslin!' I say as I approach.

'I know you've missed me!' I say happy to see her.

We haven't worked together in ages. I've been working short hour trucks for a few months now, so it's not often I get to see her in person, not to mention work with her.

Edited by Chris07

Generic%20Paramedic.png

Logan Sparks, Paramedic
Medic 2
Shiloh County Fire Department, EMS
Badge 1808

*I see Sparks in a rather dapper looking suit.*

'Logan!'

*I walk over and give him a hug. I look him over.*

'I guess your taking fashion pointers from Lance. I did not know you gave a shit about how you look.'

*I say with a laugh, I guess you can't shake being mean girl.*

'I need a drink, Want to get a few shots?'

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

'Yeah. I clean up every now and then.' I reply smiling.

*I grab Breslins arm and start pulling her over towards the bar.*

'Shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots...everybody!' I say to the tune of LMFAO's Shots.

*We go to the bar and stand in line*

'So how have you been?' I ask. 'Been on the truck or doing big dick supervisor stuff?'

Generic%20Paramedic.png

Logan Sparks, Paramedic
Medic 2
Shiloh County Fire Department, EMS
Badge 1808

*Having checked into one of the discounted rooms for banquet attendees shortly prior to the start of the cocktail hour, I emerge from my room for the night in my Class A with my wife Cierra in a black dinner dress. We take an elevator down to the ground floor and follow some other uniformed personnel assuming we all must be going to the same place. We enter the room and I survey the room and atmosphere for a moment. I turn to Cierra*

'Start at the bar?' I ask

'Always.' She says

*We step up to the bar and wait a moment as somebody else is being served.*

'Vodka Soda?' I ask Cierra

'Yes please.' She replies, 'So is this gunna be a "order 26 green tea shots at once" kinda banquet like the MONOC ones, or not so much?'

*I shrug*

'We'll see where the night takes us but I would say no; or not until much later at least... I think my low-key alcoholism has been pretty under the radar here since I came back. Not that I really care.'

*The bartender comes over and I order us a Vodka soda for Cierra and Jack & Coke for myself. We take our drinks and as the bartender is still in our presence wiping down where our drinks were just prepared, I look at Cierra*

'You know what, fuck it' I say, then turn towards the bartender, 'Excuse me, two tequila shots as well please'

*The bartender acknowledges and steps away. I turn around slightly from the bar a moment and see Breslin approach with another person [Sparks] in a suit*

'Oh there's my boss,' I say to Cierra as she turns around to see who I'm referring to, 'Lieutenant Breslin'

*I turn around fully to say hello*

'LT, good to see you. Not sure if you've met my wife before, this is Cierra.'

*After introducing the two women, I turn to Sparks and extend my hand*

'Hi, Doug McGuire. Think I've seen you around but I'm not sure we've formally met.'

*I say as the bartender returns the bar with our two Tequila shots*

image.png

Paramedic Doug McGuire
Medic 1

Badge 0907