Captain Zach Russo's Office

Z. Russo

‘So Caldwell we’re assigning you DPW your going to report to Pablo Hernandez...’

*I smile as I look down at the floor.*
Sucker...have fun shoveling snow and fixing shit

‘...and Scott, Your up in comms reporting to Jim Kowalski.'

*My grin instantly disappears as I look up*

’Comms!? Sir, I don’t know the first thing about dispatching calls!’

*Mike gives me a dirty look as if to telepathically tell me that if I say another word he’d dunk my head into a flushing toilet like the bullies used to in middle school*

’...I mean...Yes, sir...

Will that be all sir?’

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1871

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

’Comms!? Sir, I don’t know the first thing about dispatching calls!’

'Yeah well you better figure it out real quick!'

Will that be all sir?’

'Yeah, Get out of here.'

*I lean back in my chair. I look at the department roster to see who I can bring in to cover the gap in coverage next shift. I open up the SC Chronicle. Looking at the article. I see Franklin wrote it. Fuck reading through it I see we got reamed and apparently Patterson assaulted a security guard. I can't wait to get the call about him next*

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Badge 1109

* ive given ajax a bath and swallowed my pride, i already gave Blackburn my self typed report but i made a copy before i dud so i knock on zacks office and wait, ill cut this off before it grenades probably gotta explain why  i did what i did*( unsure if your office was cleaned up)

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1337

* i walk in as i swallow my pride again even though in my eyes i did nearly  everything right, mustering an almost militsry salute i start *

’sir, im here to self report a potential assault on a guard who preformed an illegal choke hold on a deputy at the party, i admit i was drunk but i acted out of fear for the deputys life as to my knowledge nobody else did Anything to intervine’ i pause and hand him my report copy* ‘ lieutenant blackburn has the origional, i tripped a guard but decided discretion was the better  course of valor so i made it look like a mistake in an effort to avoid  the article, i know my action was potentally wrong but it  was i felt i had to do something and, as im a ranking supervisior with two drinks couldent legally take enforcement action‘ * i say remaining ramrod straight though ive sense dropped the salute after russo aknoledged it god i hope im not fired*’ at my own now sober assement, though i was over most likeky .o8 and had my wife drive me home id like to state i myself felt buzzed at best with a shot of jack and a sip of my wifes one wine glass to finish it, and it will not happen ever again’

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

'Burke just saw the article and he's on his way here. You can have a seat and wait.'

*I pick up the phone on my desk and call the ERT Comms supervisor.*

'This is Captain Russo I need you to get Deputies Caldwell and Scott @Chris07 to report to my office immediately' 

'Ok Captain.'

*The phone clicks and I look at patterson.*

'Now we wait'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

‘ oh i knew it, thats why i self reported the day after, i need to get infront of this shit, the entire department does, who the fuck talked, if i can ask captian and why the hell dident they come to you or me before hand , jaydon and mike came by my office, told me what you did ’ * i sigh as i sit down im soo losing my badge  probably but damned if im showing it.* ‘ i could be shitfaced and id still know a chokehold when i see it,guy was bigger then me and built like a brick shithouse, im honestky suprised he even went down ontop of him being on the warpath, i thiught he was gonna pop jaydons head like a pimple , he had a look to him’ I gesture to my report i left* ‘ everything you need is in that, i stand by self defence’

Edited by Vanguard
fixed up misread a post

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

*The door is slightly ajar as I see Scott and Caldwell walk up to my office.*

'Come in,'

*As they enter.*

'Burke is on his way over here now, this made the news and you guys are going to have a lot to explain for and then we have to talk to the sheriff.'

*I say as I lean back in my chair and continue drafting the corrective action plan for the 2 deputies and sergeant*

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

‘ like i said i stand by self defence captian, to my knowledge nobody did a damn thing but you or me, and i saw atleast six other deputys and white shirts walk outta the room, i know a few had traffic pins’ * i say as mike and jaydon enter*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

*I park in the SCSD parking lot, blocking off the parking spot reserved for Chief Deputy for Operations Command and get out of the car. I walk up to the staff door and as I approach, a man comes out the door, a deputy.*

'Excuse me sir, the public entrance is..'

'Know your place deputy. That's my car.' I tap my wallet over the RFID reader, the light turns green, and the deputy's complexion matches. My tone said all he needed to know. 

*I walk up the stairs, out into the hall and into his office. I see one uniform and two plain clothes people, but they're cops too, so no citizens involved. Good*

'Out of the office. I need to speak with Captain Russo.' I say, clearing out anyone who wasn't involved in that shit show at the hotel. Those deputies don't need to be in my line of fire if they did nothing wrong.

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

*Burke comes storming into the office.*

'I know, I read it. How the fuck does this guy find out about this shit.'

*Before Burke can answer.*

'Regardless we need to make it known that were getting proactive about this and hard action will be taken. Can you have any of your media people spin this?'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

'I know, I read it. How the fuck does this guy find out about this shit. Regardless we need to make it known that were getting proactive about this and hard action will be taken. Can you have any of your media people spin this?'

*I look at the 3 cops, one who salutes me, and pause for a second.*

'I don't know what they teach in the academy, but when a superior tells you to get the fuck out of a room, you promptly stand up and make yourself scarce. So I'll repeat it, because you may be hard of hearing. Unless you were the subject of one Mr. Franklin's latest SCSD love story, get the fuck out of this office, in a patrol car and do some fucking police work.'

*When no one stirs, I look to the Captain. I prepare to chew him out for having stupid cops under him, but he speaks first.*

'They are the subject.'

'You have to be fucking kidding me. You three are the stooges that made the department look like they're hiring incompetent buffoons. Don't speak. Don't even think, just listen. Deputies drunkenly duke it out. And I wish that was the worst fucking part. I've got two fucking idiots beating each other up. Two idiots getting sent to AA and put on modified duties until I'm sure I can trust them not to shoot their own fucking dick off, but then allegations of fucking ASSAULT!? I must have fallen out of a plane, landed on my head and fallen into a deep coma. There's no way this is reality.' I look around the office, trying to place these deputies. The plain clothes, I don't know from Adam, but the uniformed guy, fuck, that's the deputy of the year. ' And you!' I say, turning my glance to him. 'Unless the next words out of your mouth are that you have developed Parkinsons or Tourette's or some sort of disease that caused your leg to spasm, and you did not in fact assault that security guard., you should practice your speech for the judge, because this fucker Franklin, he not only runs with a story, but he milks it. I wouldn't be surprised to hear charges coming from this.'

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

* i clear my throat drunk or not  i we t with my gut* ‘ comisdioner, yes i tripped thst guard, yes i was drinking id of maybe blown a one’ * i stand facing him* ‘ the Guard in question was larger then me and had thrown a chokehold on deputy caldwell, nobody at the time tried to do anything  to break it up and i opted for discretion, in 6’2 and 215lbs without my gear, i should not of been drinking as unless department policys changed im an on call sergent a supervisior its my job to try to mediate disputes, the guard in my eyes looked like he was going to kill deputy caldwell and as i had been drinking i could not take enforcement action, i had a buzz at best and my wife drove me home When the fight broke out i saw at minimal six deputys with traffic pins get up and leave in including a detective lieutenant, out of fear for deputy caldwells life i did what i could realistically do the guard in question got up fine,glared at me then proceded to chase the deputy he had illegally choked, knowing my stste i opted not to take further action in an effort to avoid the article, but i maintain and my sober wife will vouch, i did not see any cop try at anytime to de escalate the situation,which a firemen had started with a shove of deputy caldwell who in drunken stupor had tried to get with his wife,jaydon defended himself another firemen got involved and then a crowed formed to watch when it dispersed a guard had him in the choke which prompted my response when he ran by’ * i sit back down and pray* ‘ ill take a polygraph and pass it sir if needed’

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

'Wrong fucking answer Sergeant. Let me make this clear, and I'm sure the Sheriff when he gets here will be very, very clear. You fucked up. If your opinion is that you didn't fuck up, I suggest turning over your credentials, gun and getting a lawyer, because the department will not, and the ERT will not, eat shit for your mistake. You were drunk. Too drunk to do anything meaningful, but at the same time, sober enough to assault a guard. This isn't a discussion. If I was the sheriff, you'd be in the basement counting evidence baggies for the rest of your career, but I am not. Let me explain this, very clearly to you, if the next words out of your mouth are not, I fucked up, and I apologize and will work with the department to make this right, then you should consider taking administrative leave and hiring a lawyer, because Franklin is out for blood, and your hands are dirty. Now is your chance to decide, either you can play with the department, or against it. I don't care if you think your actions were justified or not, the department isn't going down for them. Choose wisely.'

*I let Patterson stew in his choice, he clearly believes he did no wrong, but he did. He made the department look bad, and that is a cardinal sin. His choice is toe the company line or be the victim, I don't know what he wants to pick, but I hope he chooses right.*

'Russo, your desk sergeant is able to move, that is correct? I think there may have to be a changing of assignments effective next shift.'

*Not giving him a chance to answer, I look over at the other two, I size them up. That's not detectives. They're fucking deputies. That's one of the Shiloh Fucking 6.*

'And you, when you were in that gunfight, did they shoot the part of your brain that makes rational decisions? Or were you just born that fucking dumb?'

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

‘ sir i admit i made a mistake and did wrong and hsve been trying to make it right, but given the situation i felt something had to be done, should i keep my badge it will not happen again and ill do whatever is needed to make this right my gut sober or not is no excuse for my actions, but i again stste truthfully thst out of all the staff in the room across all the departments not a single man tried to my knowledge de escalate the situation’ * i reply hoping ive owned it*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

'Sir I apologize for my actions, It was a complete lack of good judgment on my part. Myself and Deputy scott spoke to the captain earlier and accepted our punishment of modified assignments earlier. But I would like to personally apologize to you as well.'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

*Waiting for one of the two guys out of uniform to speak, I hear Patterson speak up again.*

'Shut up. Don't talk, just keep your mouth shut. Speak again and not only will I have your badge, but I'll have the captain place you under arrest for assault. Seriously, you just don't know when you've fucked the pooch.'

*I turn my back to him and look over to Caldwell.*

'That wasn't lack of good judgement. It was fucking stupidity. Clear stupidity. Your modified duties though, that was before you were the poster boy for bad cop. The cadets at the academy are working on their physical de-escalation, I think it'd be wise if you all requested to the sergeant to re-enroll you, so you can learn how to get out of a situation without having to rely on a security guard choking you out. Tell me, are you signed up for AA yet? Because it would be wise for someone with a drinking problem that is effecting their work to seek some counselling to solve their problem.'

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

'That wasn't lack of good judgement. It was fucking stupidity. Clear stupidity. Your modified duties though, that was before you were the poster boy for bad cop. The cadets at the academy are working on their physical de-escalation, I think it'd be wise if you all requested to the sergeant to re-enroll you, so you can learn how to get out of a situation without having to rely on a security guard choking you out. Tell me, are you signed up for AA yet? Because it would be wise for someone with a drinking problem that is effecting their work to seek some counselling to solve their problem.'

'Yes sir, I found a meeting in oxnard at the lutheran church and I will be attending next week. I will be in touch with the training sergeant about enrolling in that class as well. '

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

‘Uhhh yes sir. I’ve enrolled in the same meeting. We’ll work on getting that training together, sir.’ I say, head down in shame.

Burke’s among some of the county’s biggest assholes. I’m not about to start shit with him. Shit, Russo didn’t even buy my bullshit, how could I expect Burke to? I think it’s time to just play quiet on this.

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

(("Burke’s among some of the county’s biggest assholes" my life's goal successful))

'Good. I recommend the same for you sergeant. I'm going to go try to catch the sheriff, but he's liable to be in here and tear an even bigger hole in your assholes next, so I'd make myself scarce if I were you.' Looking at Russo, 'All of you.'

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

* i put my cell back in my hard case and look up at burke* ‘ Texted him about the training andi just enrolled in both the training and AA,  the sergeant and i used to be part of the SD Explorers, mike,jaydon expect a call from sergeant  mendez might be an email  as well, he dident say but i gave him the heads up, to fast track enrollment if he can as i cant enroll you two cause on paper im not technically your boss as im in my own division’

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

'Good. I recommend the same for you sergeant. I'm going to go try to catch the sheriff, but he's liable to be in here and tear an even bigger hole in your assholes next, so I'd make myself scarce if I were you.' Looking at Russo, 'All of you.'

*I nod at Burkes suggestion.*

'You'll have that amended corrective action plan within the hour. I think I'm going to grab lunch. I say as I get up from my desk and leave the office'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109