Duty Room

K. Summers

*another day another shift,but atleast i got my truck back tho that bronco was fun to drive anyway after storing my bag on my rack and grabbing a coffee i enter the duty room taking a pull from sweet sweet caffeine as i lean against the wall* 'morning everybody'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1319

*I park my truck in the back. I get out and grab my duffle bag from the back seat. Going inside I set my bag on the ground by my gear locker. I grab my gear and take it over to the center of the bay and drop it on the ground. Not knowing what I will be doing this shift I want it easily accessible in a hurry. I walk towards the day room and step inside taking my usual chair in the corner*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Bruce Beard
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Dept. 
Badge 2111

• 4 weeks later...

After parking my truck I enter the station I get changed into my uniform in the men's locker area and then head to the duty room.  Looks like I'm the first one here again so I find a spot to sit down and take sips of my energy drink.

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

*After last shift i almost dident want to show up today nut i have  truck payment to make amoung other bills so after steelim myself on a slow drive to the tation,i park my truck,grab my duffel outta the toolbox and head inside after i store my gear and bag i walk into the duty eoom with a mug of coffee leaning on the back wall* Valentines in!'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

Hearing Jacobowski talking to Valentine, I exhale and walk right past them to the computer. Sitting down I open the email without greeting anyone, and look over the missed messages before getting into assignments. 

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

Fire assignments have been updated as follows:

Engine 1 OIC: Cpt Stone

Engine 1 D/O: FF Valentine

Engine 1 Nozzle: Beard

Engine 1 Backup: Anderson

Ladder 1 OIC: Lt Noel

Ladder 1 D/O: FF Wilson 

Ladder 1 FF: Cook

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

*since I was late, I'd walk into the station and walk into the duty room looking for the EMS lieutenant, seeing the other people there, feeling embarrassed about being late and nervous about it as well, I felt like I was going to be laughed at or ashamed of for being late on the first day. I felt bad that I was late.*

medic1-2emt.png
EMT Kyle Petrovic
M1

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 2209

• 2 months later...

Christmas Dinner well inside of me, my food coma just about finished, I make my way into the station and realize after just a few shifts leave how much I missed parts of this place. Like the exit. Still, it's a home, even if I don't want it to be. 

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001