Parking Lot

Z. Russo

• 2 months later...

* after roll call i move to leave already knowing my car as i exit the parade room the quartermaster flags me down on the way to my office,whilr its not trchnically mine,atleast on my shift im the only K-9 officer on duty*

Quartermaster: Sergeant Patterson,heres your keys,i need 231s back from ya,if youll follow me you'll see why' *confused i turn to follow him as we exit out the back of the building,its now that i notice the keys he handed me belong with a Dodge,so i atleast know what 230 is and as i keep my patrol bag on me  theres not  anything i gotta grab aside from ajax,which i do as we walk past the office lipping him to his lead when we step outside*

'whats this about paul?' * i ask as he leads me over to the cruisers*

quartermaster: 'you dident get the text ,your getting a new cruiser a '20 Durango, department bought a buncha replacement cars and were testing dodges  pursuit durangos ,your one of our seinor guys in the street and because you are hard on your cars we figured why not give the vehicle were testing to you,who better then to evaluate the platform right,sure we vetted them upon purchase considerations,but a mechanics eval isint anything to a duty cops patrol' * i nod but before i can say anything were by the truck,a black slicktop durango parked up next to 231 only then can i finally speak*

'well shit i never thought id get a durango  the truck looks mean,whatabout my shotgun and rifle?'* i say as i walk around the truck which the quartermaster unlocks and opens the drivers door of with his spare key,cranking it up and flipping the lights on*

quartermaster: just transfer your rifle to the new truck i already stocked it for you this morning otherwide,shotgun included,so just transfer your belongings and gimme 231s keys then get out there siren controls and such are the same as the fords emergency equipment wise,and yes,youve got 4x4 just incase..so enjoy sergeant,ajax heres already right at home ' *as he says that i look and see my partner sitting in my seat with the typical dopy shepard look* 'ajax... your spots in back buddy' * i approach and love on him then open 230s back door "mount up ,lets go to work' * i say and ajax jumps inthe back while the quartermaster opens 231 and helps me transfer my stuff out of it*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1337

• 4 weeks later...

*I'd finally got my insurance on my harley I had since 2004  that was stored in my shed for awhile I decide to drive it I am surprised it still work need couple small repairs I'd decide to drive it to work for today I'd stop Dunkin donuts and buys two 12 packs of donuts for everyone  and put it in my bag  on the the side  of my back and also get ice coffee and put it in my cup holder I put advisor down and start my engine and start driving to the parking lot and pulls in I grab the two donuts boxes in one hand and the ice coffee in the another hand and start walking in to the station a great day to start the shift*

Edited by Aidan721

sd204dep.png

Probationary Deputy Jay William
Unit 204

Badge 2016
17C4FD29-8D7C-4E7E-AF85-FB5663496C74.png

*Heading out to the parking lot, I put my bag in the back seat of the truck. 215 is my new car, which is also pretty new, maybe 5 shifts have had her? Still plenty new, even has the new cop car smell.

As I sit down, I turn the engine on, flick the lights and do a quick 360 to make sure it all works. Of course it will. Once I'm done, I climb back in, test the radar and pull out by the door. Getting out I see a couple others walking out, and I voice up.*

'Does anyone know if I got a probie this shift?'

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

* heading out with ajax i spot wagner  and give a nof  when i hear him pipe up about a probie* 'nah not unless we get a latecomer but even then you might be probieless' * i do a self check of my gear real quick rifle check,gear bag obvious check  im all set so i opt to just hang outside for a second while i do my own walk around of 230,even though i did it in my driveway  before i came into work moving to stow my rifle and bag  up front*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 1 month later...

Throwing my crap into 209, I start to pull out of my parking spot. I see Caldwell walk out of the building, his sunglasses on and head bald and shiny as can be. I pull up in front of his path and chirp the siren. I come to a quick stop in front of him, my passenger window aligned directly in front of him.

*I roll down the window*

'Hey there big sexy...how much for a good time? 5 Dolla love you long time?' I say across the car in an overly sarcastic yet endearing voice through the passenger window to Caldwell.

'Where they got your degenerate ass patrolling today?'

Edited by Chris07

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1871

'Yo I know your carrying something so it better be 2 dolla for me.'

*I say as I hear Scott roll up. I walk over to the window.*

'I'm Northriver today. Yo I got something for you. Its in the lounge fridge.'

*I quickly run into the station and grab a small box out of the freezer. I return with a small frozen themed ice cream cake. It says "happy birthday fuck face" crudely written on it in pink frosting.*

'Fucking Carvel said this cake wasn't family friendly so they made me write it myself.'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

'Yo I got something for you. Its in the lounge fridge.'

'Really?' I say with a puzzled look.

*I put the car into park and leave it running. I block the way a little bit but I don't care. Most everyone has left already.*

*I get out of the car and walk around to the passenger side and lean up against the hood. I wait in suspense.*

*Caldwell comes back out with the small box*

*I see the cake, and immediately blush and smile.*

'Holy fucking shit' I say smiling. I turn around slightly embarrassed.

'You fucking....' I start then stop.

*I give him a quick bro hug*

*laugh at the writing*

'Fucking Carvel said this cake wasn't family friendly so they made me write it myself.'

'Those fucking animals.' I say.

'Damn man. That's at least third grade level writing there. Good job.' I say chuckling and admiring the cake.

*I hear a car honk lightly. My car is blocking another unit from leaving the lot.*

'Well Sick man. I'm up in North River area too. I'll text you and we can meet up for lunch later if we can' I say as I run back to the car. 

*I raise my hand and give an apologetic wave to the car behind mine*

'Move your ass Scott. This ain't social hour.' The driver of the car shouts out teasingly.

'Yeah...yeah...yeah.' I reply. 

*I pause getting into the car. With one leg in and one leg out I shout across the roof of the car to Caldwell: 

"Save that cake. We'll eat it like the fat fucks we are when we get off shift tonight. You can sing me my birthday song then....since you owe me one"

*I get into the car...put it into drive and inch forward. I shout through the window*

"Hey shit head...*Caldwell turns around to look at me*...Thanks"

* I pull out of the lot *

Edited by Chris07

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

'Hey shit head... Thanks'

*I'm glad he liked his gift. Now to figure out where we can meet that Scott can do the least amount of damage. Reaching into pocket I get my phone and text him*

'Elephants head tonight? No hot bartender but that just means that you wont try to flirt after your 3rd Cosmo'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

• 1 month later...

* seeing as everybody had piled out of the parade room i myself am finally outside,when i get to 230 with ajax i put him in his cage then pull a cigerette from a pack i keep in a pouch on my vest,ill smoke it while i do my walkaround even though i know the trucks set i rather look busy then just stand around and smoke so after a second walkaround i flick my butt away then climb in and pull outta the lot* ‘ i hope this explosion was just a gas main..’

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 2 months later...

* im out back letting ajax do his thing, while i dont have as big a mountian of paperwork its still a mountian,while ajax does his business and streches his legs i pull my pack of smokes outtaa hardcase on my carrier i dont use and as im behind the station light it electing to take my time to smoke it , while ajax acts like a puppy in a pile of leaves while i scroll through photos of amber and cole aswell as our dogs*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 4 weeks later...

*as me and Parker head out of the armory and into the parking lot i look at him*. 

‘Okay we are in 215 today and cause it is snowy I’ll drive for now and then when you get out on your own you'll be able to drive The plan for today is just to do some simple traffic stops to get you used to being on patrol the first stop we do I’ll take to show you. Then you’ll do the next you got that probie?’ 

Edited by Jimothy

sd215dep.png

Deputy Tyler Lapelle
Shiloh County Sheriff Department Deputy
Badge 2051

sdto.png

'Yes Sir i do

*I look back at 215 as i open the drivers door and put the shotgun and patrol rifle in their respective locks and then lock them and sit down in the drivers seat as parker gets in the passenger seat*

'Good. Soo Parker tell me where your from and why you wanted to be a cop.. well i log us into the MDT'

sd215dep.png

Deputy Tyler Lapelle
Badge 2051

sdto.png

* im restocking ajaxs stuff and as patrols closer i took 213s spot for now when i see lapelle and his rookie i step away from 230 and approach* ‘ hey you two, lapelle, that a maine accent i detect, spent my preteen years in portland?, dads a recently rrtired colonel with the wardens’ * i say in what id discribe a new york/maine hybrid accent*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

*after Logging into the MDT i spin it around so the Probie can see*

'Okay Probie this is the MDT this is where we run names, Vehicle Plates, see calls, and mark things like our Status'

'hey you two, Lapelle, That a Maine Accent i detect, Spent my Pre-teen years in portland, Dads a recently retired Colonel with the Wardens'

*i turn to look and See Sargent Patterson*

'Afternoon Sarge this is my Probie, But yea it is before coming to SCSO i was a Trooper in Maine and worked along with the Warden Service i might've worked with your dad but my Main patrol area was northern maine'

*i turn back to our MDT and Mark us on duty*

'okay Sarge me and parker here are going to head out on patrol have a safe shift... You Ready parker'

*i say as i buckle up and grab the mic*

sd215dep.png

Deputy Tyler Lapelle
Badge 2051

sdto.png

‘ yeah me too, it was a shitshow atleast in essex when i came in,be safe you guys, theres just enough snow to cause a headache, we’ll catch up later, and you just might of,he was all over the state,worked himself outta the woods,guys still hit him up for advice on tough cases and he still hunts and fishs, tough bastard even helped a search just last fall,someplace along the canadien border’

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 7 months later...

Allen approaches the quartermaster, asking for the keys to 201.

'Hey, I need the keys to 201.'

'Of course, of course. Here you go.'

The quartermaster hands the keys to Allen.

'Have a nice day.'

Allen walks away and approaches his unit, unlocking it with the keys and getting in. He smells the air freshener as he closes the door, rolls down the window and puts on his seatbelt. He puts the key in the ignition and turns it, as the engine roars to life. 

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

• 1 month later...

*I head out to the parking lot, Kilo at my side. I hit the lock button a few times and hear a horn sound a few spaces down. I find my new car backed into a space lights illuminated from me hitting the remote. Walking around to the side I open the back door*

'Kilo, HOUSE'

*Without hesitation, Kilo jumps in the back and turns to me. I reach forward and unclip his lease and he licks me in the face.*

'I think you and I are gonna get along just fine'

*I close the back door, head around to the drivers door. I climb in, noticing the new car smell. I hit the start button and notice theres 230 miles on the vehicle and it still smells new*

'Man, Patterson really did mean a new vehicle'

*I look up and I see the quartermaster walking to me, laptop in hand, I roll the window down*

Quartermaster:' Deputy Jones? I've got your computer here. I didnt know how long this truck was gonna sit unused so I kept it in the office.'

*I stick my hand out the window, and he brings the Toughbook to me, as he gets close to the car Kilo goes ballistic barking. The quartermaster thrust the computer at me and starts back pedaling*

'Sorry about that!'

Quartermaster:' Those dogs scare me. I don't wanna get bit'

*I roll the window up as he walks away, I lock the computer in the stand and turn the power switch for the center console on. I hit the power button on my printer. I look at the dash and notice it seems really empty.*

'I really need to see about getting a RADAR'

*I say out loud to no-one in particular. I do a quick check of the lights and siren. Satisfied with everything I crack the back windows, I notice that its close to 65 out.*

'Be good boy, im gonna go get my guns so we can go to work'

sd230dep.png

Deputy John Jones
Unit 232

Badge 1402

* i exit the building letting ajax run a bit as he dashs by a fire hydrant by the garage which for whichever reason had our trucks outside i hit my door popper as i take ajax off his lead* ‘ ajax, mount up!’ * the balistic misdle thst is my fog is off in s black blur  covering the maybe 50 feet in the blink of an eye i can tell he wants to work today but i still need my pattol bag so as i set ajax in the cari spot jones and the quartermaster by 232  shutting my door i turn to head back for my bag* ‘ ill be right back ajax’ * i say as i walk away*

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

• 2 weeks later...

*I rip open the small baggie containing the pink captains bars and place them on my collar while walking down to the vehicle I was assigned for the month. I grab the keys from the desk and walk out into the parking lot. I hear some snickering as I walk out to the car. I can see why they were laughing. Its one of our old K9 cars painted hot pink with some hokey message about beating cancer on the side. I take a picture of it with my personal phone and send it to steph.*

**TEXT**

'Please tell me thats your new take home car'

'For the rest of the month'

'The kids are going to love it!'

'I want to pick them up from school in it'

'They will hate you forever'

'Hopefully that means we wont have to feed them anymore'

'Not sure it works like that.'

'Lol'

**END TEXT**

*I get into the car and it smells like dog. I notice a post it above the siren controller that says try the lights. I flip the slide switch to 3 and get out. Good god they installed pink lights on it! I hear a few more deputies start to laugh and film the Pink ford explorer*

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Badge 1109

Returning to the station after a couple hours on patrol I see the Captain with the Breast Cancer Awareness unit.  Well that is a sight to be hold.  If he's got it then it's no wonder the LT didn't assign it out to anyone this shift.  As I pass by him on my way to park 213 I stick my hand out the window and give him a thumbs up.  Let him know one of the women on the force appreciates his support.  Would have chirped the sirens but let's not go to far now.  Pulling into 213's parking space I shut off the engine and get out of the truck to stretch a bit before I gather my things.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*The red headed deputy gives me a thumbs up as she drives by as I'm getting settled in the Breast cancer unit. I give her a nod as she pulls in and parks.*

'You like the captains bars too?'

*I say as I point the the hot pink captains bars on my shirt*

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Badge 1109

Reaching into my unit to grab my thermos of coffee as the Captain walks up.  As he brings up the pink bars I take a sip.

'Yeah, very snazzy'

Setting the thermos on the roof of the Chevy I duck in to grab my patrol rifle so I can return it to the armory while I'm back at the station.  Wrapping the sling over my shoulder I rest the rifle muzzle down as I continue to grab my stuff.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

• 4 months later...

Pulling into the lot I look around. I know it hasn't been long, but it feels like months since I worked last. The damn shitty ass government insurance network turned my two week vacation into a month. I wonder if they'll remember me when I get in today. 

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

• 6 months later...