Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn's Office

A. Blackburn

‘No kidding,’ I reply to Branagan. “My name’s Pat too. Patrick Jones.”

It was cool for me to know that there was a potential co-worker of mine that had the same name as me. Two Patricks, that would surely be interesting. And a Chicagoan? That’s also interesting.

‘What’s Chicago like?’

Edited by Pat Jones

sd206dep.png

Deputy Pat Jones
Unit 206

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2308

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No shit, your name is Patrick too? What a coincidence," I say back to Jones, pleasantly surprised that the colleague I happen to meet in the department is also named Patrick.

"The food is the best part of Chicago honestly. That's all I've thought about since I moved out here is how I'm going to miss the food. Other then that it's not as bad as people say it is."

sd203dep.png

Deputy Patrick Branagan
Unit 203

Badge 2307

I laugh at Branagan’s response. I can tell that we'd work well together. I scratch my kneecap and respond.

‘I bet. I’ve been to Chicago only once, but their food wasn’t all that bad.’ I begin. ‘But this is a good place and I think you’ll come to enjoy it. Cordial County with some cool people. Just be prepared for all the shit that could go down in cases.”

sd206dep.png

Deputy Pat Jones
Unit 206

Badge 2308

I become happy with the Lieutenants response.

‘Yes, Lieu. Thank you for the assignment.’ I replied to Blackburn.

I left Lieutenant Blackburn’s office and waved goodbye to the other Patrick, feeling prepared to start my shift with the SCSD.

sd206dep.png

Deputy Pat Jones
Unit 206

Badge 2308

Sitting in my office I think it's time to just get this over with as I make calls to get O'Reilly, Hawke, and Wagner into my office.  Unsure if Russo will be here for what's going to happen but I figure he'll come if he wants to.

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

Hearing I've been called to the Lieutenant's office I head on over.  Knocking on the wide open door I enter the room.  He also called Wagner and O'Reilly here so I'm guessing whatever this is about will have to wait until their arrival.  Fuck I hope this isn't about the call at the library.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

I park my car in the parking lot after getting a summons. Of course this is the day the shit falls out of the bag, and they even gave me a probie with a proper name. BAGley. Like the universe is laughing. 

"Now, when we go into the lieutenant's office, you do not speak. At all. Understood?" I  get a nod, and open the door. "Sir, I've got my probie with me. She okay to stay, or should I send her off to the squad room? Is this confidential, or is she okay to learn?" I say, looking over and seeing the other uniform in the room. A fella member of the "Shiloh Six" in other words, this is never going to be good. 

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

Seeing Hawke arrive followed by Wagner and his probie I listen to him ask a question about whether she can stay or not.

'She can stay if she wants.  We're going to wait until O'Reilly gets here before I tell you why I have asked you here.'

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

'She can stay if she wants.  We're going to wait until O'Reilly gets here before I tell you why I have asked you here.'

*I Give a nod and move to the back wall and stand there waiting for O'Riley to enter* 

sd211dep.png

Probationary Deputy Krystal Bagley
Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

I pull into the parking lot, turning the car off and heading inside. This couldn't be good. Had to be about that clusterfuck at the library. Walking in, I pick an empty section of wall and take up my spot.

'Oh boy, all three of us? This can't be good.'

sd217cpl.png

Corporal Richard O'Reilly
Unit 217

Badge 1943

She nods, and behaves exactly like I prayed she would. When the captain walks in, I'm convinced this is it for us. I give a side eye to make sure she understands that she'll wish her fate was that of the suspects from the library if and when she speaks.

"Good day Captain."

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

'You want to tell them or shall I?  I have to go talk to one of the IA guys in a few minutes.'

'Yeah, I am not looking forward to dealing with IA. But you can tell them, I'll address anything else that needs to be discussed.'

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

I park in the front of the station, in one of the spots marked Reserved. They're likely for someone like a captain or a chief deputy, but it's vacant, the Sheriff's spot is clearly marked, and No one would dare touch my truck when they realized who it was. Especially not after the day that this department has had. I badge in, and head down the hall to Blackburn's office. I don't knock, but I am pleasantly surprised to see everyone already assembled. 

"Captain. The sergeant told me I'd find you here. We can meet in your office after about the incident, but I think it's best we get this underway sooner, rather than later." I turn towards the lieutenant, "I understand the majority of these deputies were involved in both incidents earlier today, in some way or another?"

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

With Commissioner Burke entering the office I give him a nod hello and respond to his question.

'Yes sir, that is correct.'

Looking around I can only think to myself that my office is getting pretty crowded now.  Nonetheless, seeing that everyone is here I look to Russo and then back to the deputies in the room.

'Alright, you might be wondering why we've asked you here.  With due respect to your years of service within the department and with your records to show for it.  The department has decided that effective immediately all three of you.  Deputy O'Reilly, Deputy Hawke, and Deputy Wagner.  Are to be promoted to the rank of Corporal.  Congratulations'

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

'Alright, you might be wondering why we've asked you here.  With due respect to your years of service within the department and with your records to show for it.  The department has decided that effective immediately all three of you.  Deputy O'Reilly, Deputy Hawke, and Deputy Wagner.  Are to be promoted to the rank of Corporal.  Congratulations'

*Hearing that Wagner is being promoted i stop for a second to process and start clapping for all three deputies* 

sd211dep.png

Probationary Deputy Krystal Bagley
Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Badge 2350

'As a token of my appreciation, I have taken the liberty of purchasing you your first set of stripes.'

*I say as I pull out a bag from my pocket from quartermaster of black and silver Corporal stripes. I pass them out and shake hands with the newly promoted Corporals.*

'Someone should get a picture for the PIO.'

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

Wow, I didn't expect that. 

"Thank you." I say, with others commenting similarly. 

Russo starts handing out the insignia and shaking hands and fortunately goes to me. While Russo makes a comment about a PIO picture, Bagley starts clapping. By herself, as the only one in the room. 

I reach out and touch her arm. Please, for the love of god. no. This is the chief of chiefs here. And you're clapping like a seal. At least she's not speaking.

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

I grimace as Russo and Burke step in. Those were not good signs. I listen attentively as they speak, and a wave of relief washes over me as Blackburn announces our promotions.

'Thank you, sirs,' I say. I shake hands with Russo and accept the Corporal stripes, thanking him again. As much hell as I gave him, I really did want the man to like me.

sd217cpl.png

Corporal Richard O'Reilly
Unit 217

Badge 1943

Well this was unexpected.  Certainly unsure how to feel about this.  Well definitely not unhappy being promoted.

"Thank you Sirs"

Taking my new insignias from the Captain I shake his hand and then I hear him talk about a photoshoot to which I mentally sigh.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504