Captain Zach Russo's Office

Z. Russo

'Good Morning sir I was told by my Class Sergeant at the Academy to report to you before shift to find out who my field training officer will be'

*The new Deputy says as I size her up. She doesn't seem to be someone I would expect to be a cop but we've had people like that before and they turned out to be exceptional deputies.*

'Yeah, I got the email that you would be assigned here. I was hoping to get more from this class assigned to my station but I'm glad to have any new people. From what I got from the assignment sheet most went to either Oxnard or Delmore. You're going to be assigned with one of my more senior patrol officers. His name is Jerry Wagner, Nice guy very knowledgeable and approachable. He should be waiting in parade, I didn't get a chance to give him the heads up but you can go and introduce yourself to him and the Lieutenant and let them know.

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Yeah, I got the email that you would be assigned here. I was hoping to get more from this class assigned to my station but I'm glad to have any new people. From what I got from the assignment sheet most went to either Oxnard or Delmore. You're going to be assigned with one of my more senior patrol officers. His name is Jerry Wagner, Nice guy very knowledgeable and approachable. He should be waiting in parade, I didn't get a chance to give him the heads up but you can go and introduce yourself to him and the Lieutenant and let them know.'

'Okay Sir'

*i turn around and head out of the captains office closing the door behind me and head down towards the parade room* 

sd211dep.png

Probationary Deputy Krystal Bagley
Unit 211
Not a real person yet

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2350

• 3 weeks later...

Walking up to the office with Russo, we go in and I take a seat, debating sitting on his side of the desk, but chose to keep it professional and sit on the correct side.

"So Zach, this is a clusterfuck. Two deputies fired on a car. With people inside. And more deputies on the other side. We need to make this go away. If this gets out to those anti cop people, they'll hang all of us. How much pull you got on this?"

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

"So Zach, this is a clusterfuck. Two deputies fired on a car. With people inside. And more deputies on the other side. We need to make this go away. If this gets out to those anti cop people, they'll hang all of us. How much pull you got on this?"

'I'm still waiting on IA to give me the full report, From the preliminary statements I got on the scene this looks real bad, But I feel it looks worse than it is. As for IA One involved still needs to give his statement as well and other deputies on scene need to give their statements. With the PR aspect, we need to bury this but make this transparent. Treat it as a disciplinary action, and downplay it but if the media discovers it we can't do a complete coverup. If the anti cop people think we're trying to do a coverup were fucked

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

I nod along as he speaks and then chew on his words for a minute.

"If we make a statement later today, and I mean you, that a shots fired incident occurred today and there were deputy lives at risk, but no one was harmed and it ended safely, it'll blow over. There's a dead girl at the university and only so much time for the news. Release it about 5 minutes before the statement from the detectives on the girl. And I think you need to lean on IA HARD to make sure that this doesn't come after us."

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

'This sounds like a job for PIO. They know the local media well enough to spin it. I don't really have a working relationship with the media.  Best case with IA he gets removed from SWAT and rubber gunned for a few weeks. Worst case termination. He does have an exemplary service record and he's one of the Shiloh Six so that should work in his favor.'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

"I know you're just a cop, but you're not that dumb. We all know brass matters. And departmental brass controls things. Get on the PIO like flies on shit and make sure he knows the company line. Same thing goes for PSD. Don't screw with him, make it clear this needs to be a best case scenario. No one got hurt, no one was killed. It was a bad judgement call and I'm sure we can find some shit in the deputies' lives to blame this on.  And just put the fear of god into them to not pull this again. Polish the record, and bury the shit. And take away their god damn rifles. Maybe give em Nerf instead. "

ert5012burke.png

Unit 50-12
Badge 0801

"I know you're just a cop, but you're not that dumb. We all know brass matters. And departmental brass controls things. Get on the PIO like flies on shit and make sure he knows the company line. Same thing goes for PSD. Don't screw with him, make it clear this needs to be a best case scenario. No one got hurt, no one was killed. It was a bad judgement call and I'm sure we can find some shit in the deputies' lives to blame this on.  And just put the fear of god into them to not pull this again. Polish the record, and bury the shit. And take away their god damn rifles. Maybe give em Nerf instead. "

*I quickly fire off an email to the PIO on duty with instructions on how to make the statement but tell them to hold off until IA comes back with findings.*

'You want me to CC you on the email?'

sd400cpt.png

Unit 400

Badge 1109

• 5 months later...

I come into angry policia man's office. Is new batch of work orders. This one is from 2021, it says I need to replace the light. I bring in the new lightbulb to the angry man's office. I make sure it is right color. The old lightbulb is still there, it makes an awful buzzing sound. 

"Hola Senior Policia Man, I have lightbulb to fehx your broken one."

I stand on the desk to reach the light and exchange it. Is simple. 

"Mr. Policia Man, nothing has gone wrong this time!" I say with a big smile. As soon as I get off of Senior's desk I hear a cracking sound and the corner of his desk cracks, making it lean slightly to one side.

"Ah, Dios Mios. I guess I spoke too soon. I will submit an order to fehx."

spacer.png

Pablo Hernandez
SCPW Employee