Parade Room

Z. Russo

Located on the first floor, with access near the detective's workroom, a small meeting area for deputies and personnel to parade at the start of shift.

spacer.png

Sheriff's Deputies are to report here at the beginning of every shift. 

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

*It's early, I yawn with a coffee in one hand and some folders in the other.  No one else has arrived yet but it's not quite time to get down to business so it's fine.  Setting the folders down on the podium I check my watch.  The others should be here soon.  Taking a sip of my coffee I head to a seat at the end of the front row and I wait.  Checking the time on my watch again.*

'Ok, let's get down to business.  Let's report in now.'

*I say to myself in an empty room.*

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*Looking at the lonely looking lieutenant at the front of the room, I poke my head in.*

"Lieutenant, Good to see you again. Looks like it's just us. Maybe the system didn't go down after all, you just had no deputies to use it!"

*I say with a chuckle, as I extend my hand for a shake. He returns the laugh and shakes my hand.*

"What brings you here Commissioner? Still using smoke signals and Morse code?"

"Funny. No, I wanted to brief your deputies that we're back to life and ready to go back to the countywide system. The boys at the fire hall really didn't like to see cops making smoke. They don't have much, we can't let them feel like they're losing fire too!"

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

*I walk into the room, heading to the front and taking a seat. I nod respectfully at the Lieutenant and at the unfamiliar man who looked important. I vaguely recognized him as an ERT higher-up, but I could not for the life of me place a name to go with the face. I take out my small notepad and a pen, getting ready for roll call.*

"Morning sirs, I'm Deputy O'Reilly. The rookie," I offer, knowing they probably had no idea who I was. I didn't expect them to, as after all, it was only my first day on shift out of the Academy.

sd217cpl.png

Corporal Richard O'Reilly
Unit 217

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1943

(I'm not gonna wait around until after, just imagine you all walked in after I spoke, to make it easier)

'I'm good to go now, if that's fine with you, I'll get out of the way then. Good morning everyone, I'm Commissioner William Burke, Director of Emergency Management for the Shiloh County ERT. I just wanted to come in and brief you folks on the return to the digital system for county comms. Like you all know, we were in the smoke signals age the past little while, after a cyber incident, but we're back online now, 911 is fully connected and what you radio, ERT will be on the other end. Unless there's any questions, I'll get going, not to hold you up.' 

*I pause briefly while I look around at the faces, to see if there are any concerns.*

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

*Having arrived early to get some exercise before my shift I enter the Parade room.  Seeing the rarely seen Commissioner with the Lt. and a new guy I give a nod hello as I walk pass them to take a seat in the back.*

'Here'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*Walking down the hall towards the parade room, I pause my music using the controls on my wireless ear buds. I take them out of my ear and pause just outside of the door. Putting them away in their charging case, I shove them into the pocket of my duty bag.*

*I walk into the room, duty bag in my left hand, Bang Purple Haze Flavored Energy Drink in the other.*

*I see I'm not the last one*

Good. At least I beat Caldwell. I think to myself as I take a seat in the middle row, one chair from the edge. 

'Morning everyone.' I say giving a little wave to everyone. 

'Morning, sir.' I say to the lieutenant specifically.

I've been off for a week. I feel refreshed and ready to roll after my short break.

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

* i pull my jeep into the parking lot,having been off for god knows how long but luckily ive kept myself in shape and spent some time trying to raise my new son,i enter the locker room  grabbing the class C uniform and carrier i can grab my duty rifle and such after the briefing so after i fiddle with my backups holster i exit the locker room i head  upthe stairs to the parade room seeing  Andrew, a new guy and Evelyn as well as the Comish and a few other faces i know, i nod to everybody in turn then move to lean aganst the back wall slinging my patrol bag over my left shoulder*

'here as well' * i look the new guy over* 'hello there,im Sergeant Jason Patterson,welcome to Shiloh County'

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

*Walking into the parade room I greet the Liutenant and the rest, Scanning the room I see theirs an open seat next to Jaydon. I pat him on the shoulder as I sit down.*

'Sup fucker?'

*I notice he's drinking a bang energy.*

'Dude why are you drinking that shit' *I say as I pull out the cotton candy flavor knowing it's the best flavor.*

'Anything that isn't pink flavored is pure trash'

*I place the can on the table.*

'How you been?'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

'Sup dip shit' I say as Caldwell sits down.

*I look at his can and notice the flavor*
'Yeah, I guess Cotton Candy's cool....if you're fucking 12. But in all seriousness, this purple crap tastes like children's cough syrup. I'm not particularly a fan but it's all I got left.'

*Shifting the conversation*

'Dude I've been good. Snuck off to Miami to pay my dad and stepmom a visit. That part of it was a shit show...but the bar scene in Miami is the shit...and I didn't start shit. I promise, I mostly behaved....speaking of that, is you're wife still pissed at me for indirectly fucking up her car? I mean, I paid for it and my buddy did a nice job fixing it...she's not holding a grudge still is she?'

Edited by Chris07

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

'Your full of shit, You definitely had to buy your way out of some drug lord wanting to murder you with a chainsaw. You can't bullshit me'

*I say with a chuckle*

'I've been married to that woman for 4 years now and I still have no idea how to read her. Its the Canadian in her even if she's pissed she still sounds like she wants to invite you over for lunch. Speaking of that she asked me to invite you and a plus one out to lunch with us on Saturday but then called you a grass fed animal. So make your own assumption on if she's pissed at you because I have no fucking clue'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

'Grass fed animal, huh? That's an improvement. Maybe she's getting over it after all.' I say with a smile.

'I'm down this weekend, but as for the plus one. I'm working on that. The last one went radio silent on me.'  I say. 

'Not really the time or place to talk about it right now, but bro. I'm struggling. I'll fill you in if we meet up sometime today.' I say to him.

'Anyway, word on the street their's a new transfer in...not that guy' I say pointing to O'Reilly. 'You hear anything about that?' I ask him.

Edited by Chris07

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

*I walk into the parade room and sit down, taking look around at everyone else who is around.*

'Good morning everyone'

*I say after sitting,  mostly minding my own business while still looking around, waiting for the assignments to be handed out.*

sd205dep.png

Deputy Casey DeMarco
Unit 205

Badge 1827

'Good morning'

*As I step into the parade room, I offer my normal greeting before going to stand against the back wall, my legs crossed at the ankle and my arms crossed loosely over my chest as I watch the guys in front of me banter back and forth.*

pd220sgt.png
Sergeant Allison Devito
Unit 220
Badge 1825

*With everyone in I let the Commissioner say what he has to say and when he's done I step up to the podium.*

'Alright, here's the assignments for the shift'

Capt. Russo - 400
Lt. Blackburn - 200
Sgt. Patterson - 220
Dep. DeVito - 211 with O'Reilly
Dep. DeMarco - 201
Dep. Hawke - 206
Dep. Scott - 209
Dep. O'Reilly - 211 with DeVito
Dep. Caldwell - 216

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*As we head out, I walk out to my car with Scott. I get a tad concerned *

'I heard its a girl from custody, I think shes Spanish. But are you good? Lets meet up at the diner if its not busy'

*I say as we walk into the armory and check out weapons.*

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

'Yeah man. Let's roll out to Mike's if its not too busy. If not I'll hit you up at some point.' I say to Caldwell.

*As I'm signing out my weapons, another deputy stands next to me getting his stuff together before he heads out to the car.*

'Hey Dan.' I say as I sign out.

'Yeah?' he replies messing with his gear.

'You hear anything about this new deputy transferred from custody?' I ask him.

'Yeah. Apparently she's on nights.' he says as he stops messing with his gear. He leans in a little closer to me.

'Apparently she's a little hellcat too. My buddy down at the lockup only said one thing about her: looks can be deceiving, and don't piss her off.' he tells me slyly.

'Dan, that's two things.' I reply as I turn my head to face him looking him directly in the eyes.

'What?' he says backing off.

'Dan, that's two things he told you...you said he only told you one thing.' I say to him with a serious face.

'Smart ass' he says as he goes back to his stuff.

'She available?' I ask half-jokingly.

Dan stops messing with his gear again and looks at me. 'From what I've heard, you better stay away if you want your manhood to remain intact lover boy.' he replies to me.

I chuckle, not sure if he was serious or not. I go about my business and head to to the car.

Edited by Chris07

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

• 2 weeks later...

*New day, new shift.  With a cup of coffee in one hand and paperwork in the other I head on into the parade room where it appears that I'm the first one here again.  Walking on over to the corner of the room I place the paperwork on the podium and lean up against the wall as I wait for the others.*

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*I grumble as I walk into the parade room, still blinking the blurriness out of my eyes. At least I got up early enough to catch the bus and didn’t have to drive in. I lean against the back of the room, my pipeline punch monster in my hand.*

’DeVito here.’

pd220sgt.png
Sergeant Allison Devito
Unit 220
Badge 1825

*With everyone seemingly present I head up to the podium.*

'Alright, here's your assignments'

Hawke = 201

DeMarco = 205

O'Reilly = 209

DeVito = 211

Caldwell = 217

'Now some notes to go over'

*Opening the folder I brought with me.*

'A snow plow was stolen from a dealership in Essex.  Video from the dealership shows the suspect showing up to the dealership and hooking up one of the plows left outside to his truck before leaving with it.  Suspect was wearing a grey hoodie, blue jeans, and a red baseball cap.  Suspect is believed to be a overweight middle-aged Caucasian male with brown hair as indicated by his beard.  The suspect's truck is a silver 2010 Toyota Tundra'

'In Delmore a high ranking member of the Delmore Boys, going by the name of Slingshot, was stabbed by a rival gang so we're expecting some form of retaliation to happen from that.'

*Flipping threw the notes.*

'Lost chihuahua in Oxnard'

*Said with a bit of a mumble.*

'Hit and run in Crescent Falls.  Pedestrian was crossing Liverpool Drive when he was hit by a blue 2005 Ford Taurus.  The driver of the vehicle kept on driving and turned south onto Stony Brook Avenue.'

'A suspect is still on the run after robbing a gas station in South Fort Shannon.  $100 was stolen from the register.  Suspect is believed to be 6' tall wearing all black and is believed to be Hispanic based on his accent went talking to the clerk.  Clerk also managed to spot a tattoo of what he believes to be a snake on the back of the suspect's wrist.'

*Closing the folders.*

'Alright that is all'

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321