Parade Room

Z. Russo

*Stepping up to the podium.*

’As some of you may know the local media declared war on us. In the past 2 weeks we have had 2 articles slamming us making us look like violent and apathetic to narcotics related crime which I know is not true. However the public eye is on us and we need to watch the way our actions and behaviors are precieved. Always assume your on camera and everything’s going to make it online.

Also I’m going to need you guys to put a strong focus on south of the river. Interact with these people, find out who’s selling, if you get any substantial leads then act on them or pass them up to the narcotics team. We’re dealing with open air drug markets and that’s telling people that we gave up. I need you guys to do aggressive enforcement. Write summons for loitering just so you can frisk them. Be aggressive.

Unless the lieutenant has anything else your dismissed’

*I wait for Blackburn to finish*

sd400cpt.png

Captain Zachary Russo, Fort Shannon Uniformed Division Captain
Unit 400

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1109

‘ hey guys if you get a car stopped and you think they might be on something if you want my dog to search the car  dont  hesitate to ask ill roll to ya,lets make the press eat there words huh’ * i say as i push off the wall and move to grab the rest if my gear* ‘ thanks again for the muffins evelyn’ * i grab a second one as theres plenty as i walk out*

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1337

*Eating an apple as I walk on by the parade room I happen to see the new hire in there.  Heading on into the room I introduce myself.*

'Sanders, right? Lt. Blackburn.  The deputy responsible for training you will be here shortly.  So just wait a lil bit longer, DeVito should be here soon.'

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*Shaking Sanders' hand quickly, I let go and prepare to take another bite of my apple.*

'Alright, good.  Again, you'll be with DeVito who will be training you in 211 as soon as she gets back here.  Any questions?'

Taking my bite into the apple I wonder why I felt like I had to say that twice.*

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

'Alright, well then, wait here for DeVito then, she's one of our best so you'll learn a lot from her.  So make sure you pay attention to what she says, alright?  Have a good shift.'

*With that said I turn around and leave the parade room.*

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*After pulling back in at the station, I rip the stupid hospital bracelet off and walk inside, stashing the literature in the visor of my unit. I head for the parade room, to fill out that incident report that I had intended to do before Russo strongarmed me into getting seen. I sigh. I know he's a good cop, looking out for his people but still. I hate doing it. After I finish my paperwork and submit it to Blackburn's desk, I see a new, unfamiliar face in the room.*

'Hello there. New here?'

pd220sgt.png
Sergeant Allison Devito
Unit 220
Badge 1825

'Nice to meet you. Deputy DeVito. And you are..?'

*I trail off, looking him over. He has a more slight build than many of the others, but God knows if anyone would understand looks can be deceiving it's me. He definitely seems bored though. I suppose I would be too, hanging around in the parade room can only get you so far. I relax into my stance, crossing my wrists behind me.*

pd220sgt.png
Sergeant Allison Devito
Unit 220
Badge 1825

'It's nice to meet you then, Deputy Sanders. You can call me Allison.'

*I meet his hand with my own, giving a firm handshake. He seems like the friendly sort, a lot friendlier than some other faces around here. Not that I was complaining, I like dealing with people - it's why I'm still on the streets.*

'Fantastic. We'll head out to start patrol then.'

*I start out of the parade room, heading back out towards my explorer. Hopefully he has the good sense to follow, but he seems bright enough to pick up on things, and not stupid enough to do things he shouldn't. I think we'll get along well.*

pd220sgt.png
Sergeant Allison Devito
Unit 220
Badge 1825

*Finishing a call on SWAT, I get back to the station and see a text telling me that I've got to pick up a probie in Parade. Guess that's one way to finish a shift. I toss my gear bag in the locker and then head back upstairs to parade. There's a chipper looking deputy in a very new uniform. I'm still wearing the subdued patches of my SWAT uniform, but I debate taking the shirt and changing it, opting instead just to finish off the last few hours in this shirt. Realistically, my patrol jacket is going on over it.*

'New guy!' I shout out. He shoots up and looks at me, by himself.

'I'm Wagner, I'll be your Training officer, come with me, we're in 208. I'm driving.'

*He jumps up and follows me out of the room to the patrol squad room.*

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

*After I get my perp booked in, I head down to the parade room to get my trainee. I couldn't believe they were giving me one. Seemed like just a few days ago I was graduating the academy, and now here I was being an FTO. I walk in, nodding at the lone man present.*

'You Deputy Hall? I'm Richard, your FTO. Let's hit the streets and do some work, yeah?'

sd217cpl.png

Corporal Richard O'Reilly
Unit 217

Badge 1943

• 2 weeks later...

‘ bye hun’ * i pocket my cell as i step into parade i left ajax in my office so its my coffee and patrolbag as i lean aganst the back wall* ‘ pattersons here, you catch the article on that fire in kimberly,tell me thats not a clusterfuck’

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337