Structure Fire Call Number 20230942

A. Tai

COMMERCIAL STRUCTURE WORKING FIRE BOX ALARM 13 Clark Street Clark Meadow Apartments. Engine 5,  Squad 5, RIT, Engine 1, Ladder 1, Squad 1, Unit 22, Fire 1, Safety Officer

Updating notes as they come in, we've got multiple confirmations reporting smoke visible and audible alarms, third floor, unknown source. No fire visible at this time. Alarms triggered across top floor only.

Time out: 14:12

image.png

575.8154296875001, 71.9969121112971

Dispatcher Amiee Tai
911 Dispatcher, EMD

Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 2099

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hearing the tones go off, I leave the officer's quarters and make a move towards the first pole in the corridor, and slide down that brass pole. Heh a life that could've been. As I make my way to the bunker lockers on the wall, I see hands come out of the two hallways, as well as the poles from upstairs. Most the house is going to this one. I pull my boots up and my jacket over my shoulders, carrying my  helmet to the truck. Someone opened all the doors and I feel the cool fall air come in. 

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2001

COMMERCIAL STRUCTURE WORKING FIRE BOX ALARM 13 Clark Street Clark Meadow Apartments. Engine 5,  Squad 5, RIT, Engine 1, Ladder 1, Squad 1, Unit 22, Fire 1, Safety Officer

*Hearing the tones Go off i run down out of the PC office and over to the engine opening the back drivers side door i grab my boots and pants out of the cab and place them on the ground and step in as i put my nomex on, pulling my pants up i zip them and button them up. Grabbing my jacket i put it on and hop up in the truck and move my helmet out of my seat as i sit down and finish zipping my jacket up*

'Hey Cap whats the cad notes saying?'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

Hearing the tones go off I scarf down the hotdog I had just made for myself while I head down to the bay.  Wondering how well I'll do in a hotdog eating contest as I finish my late lunch and gear up before climbing into the officer's seat of the ladder.  With my crew still gearing up I look through the call notes on this structure fire.  Guess we'll be venting today.

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

Hearing the tones go off with a report of a commercial structure, I head downstairs and get into the Silverado, cranking it up. I had the time advantage over the other trucks - I didn't have to dress out before I left the station. It was a weird feeling, knowing I wouldn't be right in the action with a crew and would instead be standing back. I press the master switch, lighting up the pickup truck as I pull out of the bay. I knew my guys wouldn't be far behind me, if they weren't already pulling out themselves.

"Unit 22 responding."

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

*Sitting on the bumper of the wagon feeling the fall air sipping a cup of coffee the tones start dropping. I jump up, set my cup to the side and run to the drivers door. I jump in, fire the truck up and flick the lights on. I release the brake and put the truck in drive waiting for the crew to get in*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Bruce Beard
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Dept. 
Badge 2111

As Beard turns on the lights and we pull out the door, I key the microphone. 

"Engine 1, en route." 

I update our status on the tablet as we pull out and look at the narrative for the call. Checking the map, I see a hydrant just around the side of the building. 

"Bruce, when we get there, on the B side of the building, there's a hydrant, pull up alongside and we'll get ready for water supply if needed."

"ERT Engine 5, we're on scene, This is will be Clark Meadows Command. Be advised, we've got light smoke showing from the third floor, audible alarms. All units to the tactical channel on arrival. We're investigating the cause."

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*having crashed out in the lounge chair i had sat in for a nooner im jolted awake by the tones basically rocketing out of the chair i sprint across the bay floor to the ladder halfassidly pulling my turnout pants on,the other suspender ill fix when i get a free minute on scene and my turnout coats still across the drivers seat i pop the brakes and flip the lights on as the truck comes to life,the engine beats us out  and marks pickups gone already as i see through my mirrors Ian's door on the tail close my tell tail airhorn blast follows asi pull in behind Engine 1 basically on there ass as we both enter traffic  i know ive cut somebody off at the intersection nearest the house,but i could give a shit as to who or what it was as we roll towards our fire* 'first due truck company baby hell yeah'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

I pull up at the fire building, parking the command truck across the street from the fire. Engine 5 and Squad 5 are already on scene, and I can see the engine's captain coming around the far side of the building as his crews are stretching a line into the stairs.

"Unit 22 on scene."

I step out of the truck, grabbing my bunker coat and throwing it on as well as the white helmet. I walk to meet the engine captain and take a quick report before I assume Command.

'What do you have?'

'Three story apartments. Light smoke out the third floor, my guys are making entry into that apartment now. Utilities are on the Delta side. Looks like all the residents are evacuated. Neighbors say no one is home in the fire apartment.'

I nod and tell him to link back up with his crew. As he walks off, the smoke starts to change from grey to black, pushing out of the apartment harder.

"ERT, Unit 22. Unit 22 will be assuming Clark Meadows Command. 360 is complete, all residents evacuated, no injuries. This is a working fire, all companies continue."

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

"ERT, Unit 22. Unit 22 will be assuming Clark Meadows Command. 360 is complete, all residents evacuated, no injuries. This is a working fire, all companies continue."

*hoping in the back of the tiller as valentine pulls out the door i put my headset on and turn the trailer so he can make the turn*

"Valentine you ready buddy sounds like we are first in truck so we are going to the roof, Also is this stones first call as acting Platoon chief?"

ladder1ff.png

Firefighter Paramedic Ian Boorne
Ladder 1

Badge 2050

'Sounds we got us a working fire cap, I assume we are going to be pulling a back up line so you want me on the nozzle cap?'

*putting my airpak on i clip my mask to the regulator and sit back and buckle in* 

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

As the rest of the crew gets in and we set off I finally mark us responding.  Listening to Boorne talking to Valentine over the radio you'd think he was the acting officer here.  It would almost bug me but I don't really care.

'Yeah, get that ladder up and ready as soon as we get there.  I want to see holes in that roof faster than the Atlanta Falcons blows leads'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

"ERT Engine 1, we're on scene establishing water supply." I say, as Bruce parks the truck outside the hydrant. As we come to a stop, I size up our position, decide it's close enough that we won't need to lay a supply line, just hook in and connect from here, and I get out. 

Behind me Clark and Anderson get out and get to work on the hydrant, while I pull on my helmet. I look for Stone's white pickup, and walk towards him. 

"What's the orders, boss?"

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

* basically on the Engines rear bumper the entire way ,as they pull up to the hydrant kiddy cornering the corner to give room for the tiller,i roll to a stop so my cab is facing into oncoming the officer side bumper corner in turn kiddy cornered with the Engines rear officer side corner,the tail of the tiller effectively creating a box of sorts to guard the scene and anybody supply lines from passerby cars sorry shiloh county,i just blocked the lane and unless told otherwise,aint moving till we get this fire out luckily our turntables accessible from either my or landons side should any body else need to access our ladder hitting the ladders parking brake  i step out,pulling my turnout coat on*' yeah... go time baby first due truck!' 

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

As Valentine parks the ladder I mark us on scene and get out with the rest of the crew.

"Ladder 1 on scene, preparing to vent the roof"

'Alright, lets get that ladder up'

Moving with the others I help get the ladder ready to be moved.

'Valentine, move the ladder over the roof, Boorne you're first up.'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

"Once you get water up, we've got fire on the third floor. Everyone's out. 5 is already in with first line, gear up your people and move in."

Finally! A chance to get back inside a fire. Thank god.

"Got it." Walking over to the engine, I see the water supply is stretched and we've got water established and we're all gearing up. "Alright, get your tanks, and we're on our way up to the third to support 5. We've got fire in one apartment."

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*As we pull up to the complex, I swing around to side B. I spot the hydrant for the front intake and I hop out. I grab the standpipe supply and I run it over to the connection on the building and make the hook up. I run back to the wagon and grab a section of 4in and make the connection to the standpipe pack. I run around open the hydrant in front of the engine and clear it out. I hook my front intake up and I note that its a blue top. I take the side caps off and attach a gate on each side.*

'Might need some more water'

*I say aloud. I hook the front intake 4in to the hydrant and charge it. I run back around and open my intake at the pump panel and I charge the line to the building*

"Engine 1 driver, to Engine 1 officer. Building has water"

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Bruce Beard
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Dept. 
Badge 2111

*Arriving on scene Cook tells me i'm going to the roof*

'Copy that Lieu'

*getting off the trailer i grab my hood and coat and put them on and then grab my pack out trailer and put it on cinching down the straps i attach my mask to the regulator and place it over my back, Going around to the rear i grab a new york hook and then go to the officers side to grab a saw*  

ladder1ff.png

Ladder 1

Badge 2050

"Alright, get your tanks, and we're on our way up to the third to support 5. We've got fire in one apartment."

*Stepping off the truck as Noel tells us we are going in to support five i grab a set of Irons and turn my bottle on*

'I'm Ready Capt'

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

'on it'* with the trucks brakes on  and being told to fly the stick,i spring into action,pulling a wheel chock from where its stored on the cab and setting it in such a way that the truck no matter how it should fall should the outriggers collapse it will catch a cab tire i also take the time to ready my pack,should i need it near the controls of the turntable as well as are harnesses and the like,then i finally deploy the outriggers when the outriggers are set i then start the stick itself* 'LADDER GOIN UP!' * i call out as i start to rotate it into place* 'SET.AND LOCKED!' * i shout as i move to pre set a few harnesses up at the base so all my brothers and sisters need to do is clip in and climb after they pull them on* 'were as ready as we can be   lieu'

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

The rest of Station 1 arrives, and I see Noel walking over to me as Bruce starts hooking to the hydrant.

"Once you get water up, we've got fire on the third floor. Everyone's out. 5 is already in with first line, gear up your people and move in."

"Got it."

I see Ladder 1 moving for the roof already and I nod in approval. Good work. Squad 1 pulls in, and I key up on the radio.

"Command to Squad 1, commence search on the second floor. 5 has already cleared the fire floor."

The neighbors said everyone was out, of course, but we had to verify. Couldn't leave any chance someone was forgotten.

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'were as ready as we can be   lieu'

*Walking over to the turn table i put the saw on the turn table and climb up and look at Valentine*

'Good work buddy your the best'

*keying up my portable*

"Ladder 1 Roof to Command we are heading up"

*releasing my ptt i start my saw and start the climb to the roof* 

Edited by Jimothy

ladder1ff.png

Ladder 1

Badge 2050

3 hours ago, B. Beard said:

*As we pull up to the complex, I swing around to side B. I spot the hydrant for the front intake and I hop out. I grab the standpipe supply and I run it over to the connection on the building and make the hook up. I run back to the wagon and grab a section of 4in and make the connection to the standpipe pack. I run around open the hydrant in front of the engine and clear it out. I hook my front intake up and I note that its a blue top. I take the side caps off and attach a gate on each side.*

'Might need some more water'

*I say aloud. I hook the front intake 4in to the hydrant and charge it. I run back around and open my intake at the pump panel and I charge the line to the building*

"Engine 1 driver, to Engine 1 officer. Building has water"

I hear my radio chirp, "Engine 1 driver, to Engine 1 officer. Building has water"

"Copy that, we're headed in now Bruce, keep an eye on pressure. I think this is a low area. Command, this is Engine 1, we're making our way in."

I wave my crew behind me as we head into the lobby, making our way upstairs. Ah the stink of an interior job. Oh how I missed you.

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

"Copy that, we're headed in now Bruce, keep an eye on pressure. I think this is a low area. Command, this is Engine 1, we're making our way in."

*Following Noel into the lobby i slid my helmet down over my arm and put my mask on as we approach the fire floor, Pulling my hood over i grab my helmet and slide it back it on to me head and tighten the strap*

'Ready capt lets do this'

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012