Structure Fire Call Number 20230942

A. Tai

'Good work buddy your the best'

'pffft  im just doing my job and making sure we both get home,thats all man' * i say as i slip my own airpack on not like ill need it but better to have then not* ' lets go destroy shit brotha' *  i grab the saw slinging it over my shoulder lumberjack style and clip in my packs regulator opting to let it dangle as i follow behind boorne,the buildings 3 storys yes but  ive climbed steeper ladders with heavier shit over my shoulder that was more awkward* 'ready when you are ian,just be sure to spot the roof,id rather not fall through  given the smoke'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1319

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'ready when you are ian,just be sure to spot the roof,id rather not fall through  given the smoke'

*i nod as i grab the hook and sound the roof, stepping off i start to sound all around to make sure the roof is solid'

'Your good to step off Valentine lets mask up before we keep going smokes heavy up here'

*turning my pack on i grab my mask off my shoulder and slide my helmet back and quickly mask up and putt my helmet back up and tighten down the chin strap* 

ladder1ff.png

Firefighter Paramedic Ian Boorne
Ladder 1

Badge 2050

* i nod as i set the saw on the ladder railing and give the cord a solid yank,as it idles i clip my mask in and go on air being an idiot however i forgot my helmet solly blaming my own overeagerness as a glance down the stick by the turntable confirms the error,with the saw idling i step off* 'lets bang this out man*breath*forgot my fucking helmet by the turntable'

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

"Engine 5 Sector 3, Engine is just at the top of the stairs."

"Copy that, we've got fire at the third apartment on your left. We're getting it under control, can you check the second apartment? Not sure of extension."

"Copy that." I unkey the mic and make my way down the hall. "Let's get in there  and check for extension. Ready? On your lead."

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*as ian takes the saw i nod' *right be right back' *breath* and start ducking back down the ladder im wasting my bottle and i realize that but the entire process of me getting my hood and helmet takes maybe 45 seconds to a minute tops,thanks both to the department drills,and no doubt to  much the same drills when i was in the Navy,as you dont forget shit like that, adrenaline no doubt helping too as i step off the ladder on the roof again i grab the saw,which is still running and give ian yet another nod* 'now,lets break shit'*breath*  'ill follow you then cut based on what you manage to poke out'

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

Checking the door, fortunately someone has left it unlocked, so no forced entry required today. Lucky for them I guess. 

We move through the threshold into the apartment and towards the adjoining wall. Raising the TIC I see it's warm, but no obvious fire, I keep moving towards the stove and see a big area where there is obviously some fire, likely a break in the firewall for venting. 

"Clark, Anderson, there's a hot spot there behind the stove. Let's get it open.

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

"Clark, Anderson, there's a hot spot there behind the stove. Let's get it open."

'Copy that cap ' *breath*

*Walking over to the stove i pull it out enough to unplug it and reach down and unplug the stove and finish moving it out of the way*

*Breath* 'Where is the Hot spot Cap so we can get Hole in the right spot or do you want this whole wall gone' *Breath* 

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

"Haul it all out. Can't tell if that's radiating heat or it's spreading. Right above the outlet."

The wall is so bright, I don't know if this is all fire, or just shitty construction. 

"E5 Sector, E1 Sector, we're inside, hauling down the adjoining wall, we've got apparent extension."

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

"Haul it all out. Can't tell if that's radiating heat or it's spreading. Right above the outlet."

'Copy that Cap ' *Breath*

*I take my Haligan and drive the spike through the dry wall and pull down a small chunk as a bunch of fire starts coming out of the newly made hole*

*Breath*  'Cap we got fire in this wall do we got a secondary line with us *Breath*  Looks like the fire took the whole wall' *Breath*

*Drop my bar and grab my flathead axe and start busting down more wall as more fire starts to jump out and starts licking up the outside of the wall* 

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

*Breath*  'Cap we got fire in this wall do we got a secondary line with us *Breath*  Looks like the fire took the whole wall' *Breath*

"Command, E1 Sector, we've got extensions to the next unit in the walls, we're going to be using our line." I look back at Anderson and see if she has the hose ready. It hits me, Engine 1's sector is an all female team. Neat. 

"Go, let's get water!"

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

As my crew goes up I start pacing a bit as I keep my eyes on them.  They get up there but then I see Valentine come down because he forgot his helmet.  Oh for fucks sake, I think to myself as I sigh.  Should probably say something to him but we need to get to work but I make a note to chirp something at him later.  Seeing Valentine go back up I look around to see if anyone caught that shit before going back to watching my crew getting to work.

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

"Go, let's get water!"

*As Noel starts to get water directed on to the fire i start moving over and opening up more as the fire keeps coming out*

*breath* 'Hey Cap how does that West wall look it might've taken this whole room' *Breath*

*Taking my Axe through the wall one more time i punch through to what looks like an Illegal Modification*

*Breath* 'Uh Cap looks like someone Illegally modified these Apartments *Breath* Might wanna let chief know to FMO here' *Breath* 

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

*Seeing Valentine come back up and reach the end of the ladder and step down again*

'That looks a lot better Dave lets get this Hole Cut lets do a trench cut'

*i Hand the Saw over to Dave and start making my way towards where Engine 5 has water coming out of the window from hydro venting and sounding the roof the entire way* 

ladder1ff.png

Ladder 1

Badge 2050

*breath* 'Hey Cap how does that West wall look it might've taken this whole room' *Breath* *Breath* 'Uh Cap looks like someone Illegally modified these Apartments *Breath* Might wanna let chief know to FMO here' *Breath* 

"Well, looks like it's contained to just this wall, keep pulling until you lose fire, probably another..." I scan "10 feet each way to be safe. And I'll let him know when we're out. It's not urgent right now." I say, scanning the other walls and the floor, looking for extension below us.

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

"10 feet each way to be safe. And I'll let him know when we're out. It's not urgent right now." 

*Breath* 'Copy that cap" *Breath*

*Keeping on opening the wall going east i don't find any more fire and move around to the other half, Stopping to check my Air i see i haven't even used a quarter of it yet 'Good going to the gym has helped alittle' i say myself  as i start working down the west part of the wall* 

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

*after making an ass of myself  with forgetting my hood and helmet me and bourne walk the roof i know  landon probably saw me but im curious if any civvies did too if only for the departments image and social media,ive delt with insults and the like so it wont honestly bother me as i set my feet and rev the saw up* ' one trench cut *breath* commin up man' * saying that i plunge the saw into the roof on the northern side,and the second i do a crapton of smoke comes out,ignoreing it i walk the saw back to where i guess the apartment ends, making a nice initial vent hole,then walk the trench cut back  West to East a ballparked 5 to 6 feet* 'ok next,ill follow you man' *breath* i say once again letting the saw idle by my side safely pointed away*

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

'ok next,ill follow you man' *breath* 

*Breath* 'Let's go to the south side of where Engine 1 is'

*Sounding my way past where i think Engine 1 is i mark out where i want Valentine to cut* 

ladder1ff.png

Ladder 1

Badge 2050

I stand at the back of the Silverado with the command board, watching the apartments. RIT-1 had pulled in behind me and set up, the RIT crew members standing around in gear and packs. That absolutely had to be the worst assignment in SCFD. Never got any work. And if you did, it was an awful day. 

"Command copies, Engine 1. Command to Engine 5, do you have a progress report?"

"Engine 5, Command, we've got a knock in the fire apartment, we're opening up and checking for extension."

"Command copies Engine 5. Command to Ladder 1, progress report?"

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Let's go to the south side of where Engine 1 is'

*i give boorne a nod and follow,when he sets his mark i set my feet and line the saw up* 'here goes' * saying that and with a breath i bring the saws revs up and on another breath i once again plunge the blade in mimicking the cut the same way i did the north sides,and step back well clear of my work * ' same thing ill follow you bro'* breath*

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

"Command copies, Engine 1. Command to Engine 5, do you have a progress report?"

Shits on fire yo, we're trying to put it out

"Alright guys, we've got clear floors, no extension down, but might be some up top. I can't see anything concerning right now."

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001