Structure Fire Call Number 20230942

A. Tai

Before I can key up, I hear Engine 5 come across.

"Punch tha fukkin holes already, Laddah. We're dyin down here."

I shake my head at the radio traffic. Firemen were gonna be firemen. No stopping that.

"Go for it, Ladder 1. Interior's ready."

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1909

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Go for it, Ladder 1. Interior's ready."

*Getting the Go Ahead, I start pulling back the outer layer of roofing and punch down through the ceiling on the south hole and do the same on the north hole, Getting good smoke out of the cuts i Key up*

"Ladder 1 Calling Command, Holes are Punched we are coming down"

*Releasing my PTT i look at Dave*

*Breath* 'Lets Go Dave Off the Roof we've done all we can do lets go get some ladders thrown' *Breath* 

ladder1ff.png

Firefighter Paramedic Ian Boorne
Ladder 1

Badge 2050

'Lets Go Dave Off the Roof we've done all we can do lets go get some ladders thrown' *sounds good man *breath*' whatcha think started this fire?' * i ask as we move to climb back down the ladder,once again letting the now killed Saw ret across my shoulder behind boorne,i glance at my bottles gauge ive to my suprise killed nearly a half a tank  tho admittedly its between half and a 3/4ths full which tells me im either slacking in my workouts or  worked harder just now then i realized no matter as ive got plenty to throw ground ladders  but with the smoke comming outta my vent holes i might not even need to go on the tank*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

' whatcha think started this fire?' 

*Breath* 'Not a clue that's up to the FMO' *Breathe *

*Stepping on the ladder i start to climb down and when i get out of the smoke i unclip my regulator and turn off the air flow, Getting to the bottom i take helmet off and slide my hood back, Taking my mask off i clip it back to my regulator and throw it across my back again*

*Grabbing my helmet i turn as Dave Reaches the Bottom*

'Get a 24' Extension ready i'm going to see where cook wants it'

ladder1ff.png

Ladder 1

Badge 2050

* i unclip aswell when im roughly half way down the stick taking a second to secure my tank before i set the saw down on the truck  safely outta the way but near enough should for whatever reason it be needed again its in easy reach i can stow it later when we go to move,in the same set of steps i move around to where we have our ground ladders and get that set as i undo ,y coat and shift my airpack so everything's more comfortable glancing up at the building   a moment before moving to grab a bottled water ,which i opt to chug nearly emptying it in the process if only cause its hot in turnouts waiting for just where im putting the ladder which ii had set on the ground i so i could drink*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

As the venting gets really underway, I feel the cool air coming into the building on high. 

"Alright, a little more heat over here. Let's pull." I say, poking at the wall and seeing smoke pour out. Might just be a vent, could be fire. Only way to find out is really dig. Pulling some more, I see nothing of concern there. 

"E1 sector to command, looks like we've got things under control in here. "

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*Climbing down off the turn table, I walk around the back of the truck and pull out a 24' Extension ladder and bring it around to where engine 5 is operating and extend it placing it just below the sill* 

ladder1ff.png

Ladder 1

Badge 2050

*Hearing Noel say we got everything under control i head over to the window and open it in hopes of letting some more of the smoke out*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

As Clark starts opening windows and clearing some of the smoke, I do a once over with the TIC again to make sure I didn't miss anything. All looks in order so far. 

"Noel, we've got everything under control on our side as well. What's yours looking like on the TIC?"

"Nothing visible here now. I think we're good to start to vent and clean up." I pause on the radio, and then radio command. "Command, E1 Sector, we've got a loss stop in our unit, just venting it out now. Do you have another assignment for us?"

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

"Command copies."

Only a moment later, the same traffic came through from Engine 5. The fire was completely under control.

"ERT, Clark Meadow Command. Show this fire under control. BREAK. Engine 1, that's a negative. Begin packing up."

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

"Command, E1 Sector, we've got a loss stop in our unit, just venting it out now. Do you have another assignment for us?"

"ERT, Clark Meadow Command. Show this fire under control. BREAK. Engine 1, that's a negative. Begin packing up."

*Hearing the traffic i look at Noel and anderson and unclip my regulator now that the smoke is out of the structure*

'Good Work Ladies'

*Walking over to where i left my Haligan i pick it up and join the axe and bar back together* 

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

*Hearing traffic about the fire being under control i retract the ground ladder and bring it around out front and slide it into the ladder tray in the trailer of the tiller, Taking my pack off i put it back in the cab and grab a bottle of water and take a sip walking up to valentine*

'Good Work up there dave, Just next time don't forget your helmet bud'

ladder1ff.png

Ladder 1

Badge 2050

With overhaul of this apartment mostly clear, we start packing up and head out into the hallway, back to the staging area where things have already started to wind down. I head over to the hose for my ceremonial rinse off before shedding my layers and cracking open a water bottle. 

"Looks like one more in the books."

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

Hearing the orders from Stone that we can clear I help my crew finish packing up and then get back into the officer's seat in the truck.  While the others get back into their spots I mark us clear from the scene as Valentine drives us away.

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021