Lounge

K. Summers

'Why are you still talking! I. Do. Not. Give. A. Shit.'

*I storm off*

'You have a problem with your dog I will be happy to crack open these narcs and put it down on the spot. Which will happen if I ever see it here again!'

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*Ignoring all the yelling in regards to the dog, thankfully I didn't get any shit on me like Murdick did, I grab a slice of pizza and head to the women's sleeping quarters to get more sleep.  I'd wash off M7 instead but it looks like a Firefighter got in on that before I could.  Oh well, eat first, then nap time I guess.*

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 1315

• 2 weeks later...

*has I walk into the lounge of the station it’s empty*. 

‘HELLO!!!..... *No Response* Damn what ever they went on really took everyone out of station hope it wasn’t that bad and hope they all stay safe I guess I’ll cook them a warm meal to come back to’. 

*goes over to the kitchen and starts getting ready to cook* 

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

*I walk into the station, carrying my personal bag. I check in the bay and see that all the trucks are gone, nodding. I figured most of the department would be occupied either with the mill fire or move-ups to cover the rest of the county. I walk into the lounge, setting my personal bag down on the kitchen table. I glance into the kitchen.*

'Hey, are you the new probie up here? Kathrine, I think? I'm Dave. I'm one of the union reps, and I just got transferred over here from South Fort Shannon.' *I ask. I had seen the latest new hire list when it came through the union shop, and I vaguely remembered seeing a female there. We seemed to get a lot of women at this station.*

ladder31ff.png

Firefighter Dave Wilson
Ladder 1

Badge 2013

*turns around to look at Dave*

"Yes i'm the new hire my Name is Kathrine Rogers i figured well the guys are out on a call i would make them something hot to come back too... how are you'

*i go back to cutting up the Onions*

*i'm Making some Cheeseburgers...i'll say this lounge is 1000x better then what we got at the academy the one at the academy had rats and stuff running through it all the time'

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

*I head into the station, hearing voices coming from one of the rooms. Weird, I thought I saw the bays empty. I walk into the room - the lounge it looks like and see a couple of people standing inside. One of them is cooking and the other talking to her.*

'Good evening, I'm one of the new hires here, Michaela. I see the crews are out?'

*I'm hoping one of the two of them knows what the plan is, this is definitely very different from my last department and I'm definitely not going to start making myself at home before I can read the guys. I learned that lesson early.*

spacer.png

Firefighter Paramedic Michaela Gray
Rescue 9

Badge 1208

*After we've repacked the truck and we're ready for another major event, which I hope never comes, I walk into the station to see 3 kids in uniform. Did relief forget their guys? Are they feeding us now too?*

'Hey. What's happening here?'

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*looks at the two people that just entered the room* 

'Hi my name is Kathrine Rogers or Kat for short.. I'm cooking  yall something hot to eat figured being on a call y'all wanted something nice to come back too'

*goes back to Flipping the Burgers" 

'They are almost done.. and i'm one of the new hires on this shift'

Edited by Jimothy

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

*Turning over my shoulder to the rest of my crew, I think, well, maybe these probies aren't so bad after all.*

'Well, it smells good at least. Let's hope you guys can cook.'

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

I walk in covered in soot and deer guts smelling like menthol. 

Hi my name is Kathrine Rogers or Kat for short.

"Nice try, we already have a Kat, you can be either Katastrophe or Fucking New Guy, take your pick." I say as I raid the fridge for some Sunny Delight and some cheese. I then slink off to take a shower. 

Fire%20Generic.png
Firefighter/Paramedic Ewan Raven, Paramedic In Charge
Unit unassigned

Badge 1142

*New guy. Finally not me. Looks like I'm back to being a firefighter, not just the new guy. Alright! He slinks off and I grab a patty, eating it without the bun while I leave the lounge.*

'Don't mind him, he's a bit of a prick, but he's the best damn firefighter here. Earn your keep and he'll like you too.'

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*see's the burgers are done and yells down to the Bay*

"Burgers are done come and get em'

*looks at Dave*

'Soo you said your a Union rep hows that going for you and also why in the hell did you transfer from South Ft Shannon from what i was told by the guys at the academy South Ft shannon and Delmore are where all the good calls are' 

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

"Yes i'm the new hire my Name is Kathrine Rogers i figured well the guys are out on a call i would make them something hot to come back too... how are you'

*I nod and lean up against the counter as she speaks.*

'Oh I'm doing alright. How are you?'

*I glance up as someone walks in. Damn, another woman. Are all of SCFD's women assigned to this station?*

'Good evening, I'm one of the new hires here, Michaela. I see the crews are out?'

'Good evening, good to meet you. I'm Dave, one of the firemen and one of your union reps. This is Kathrine, another probie,' *I say as I gesture to the lady in the kitchen. 'Welcome to the department, both of you. Yeah, the crews are out on a mill fire in Kimberly. Hopefully they'll be back before too much longer.'

*I chat with the two probies for a while. After finally being interrupted by the sounds of the bay doors opening and then Noel coming in, I straighten up from the counter.*

'Hey. What's happening here?'

'Hey, I'm Dave. The union rep? Transferred from Ladder 32. Had the front half off for some union business, but now I'm here. Welcome back. Heard it was a rippin' job.'

*I glance back over to Kathrine.*

'Soo you said your a Union rep hows that going for you and also why in the hell did you transfer from South Ft Shannon from what i was told by the guys at the academy South Ft shannon and Delmore are where all the good calls are'

*I chuckle.*

'I love being a union rep. Taking care of the other firemen and making sure the county doesn't screw us over. And yeah, South Fort Shannon and Delmore get good calls. But I've been doing this for 27 years. I don't care much for good calls anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love the job. There's nothing better. But I'm old. I've had six kids and I've buried one. I'm past just wanting good calls. But anyways, that's enough of that. I transferred here because I wanted back on an engine and there was an opening here. I've been on a truck for the past six years.'

ladder31ff.png

Firefighter Dave Wilson
Ladder 1

Badge 2013

*looks at everyone has they enter then looks back at dave* 

'Before i applied here i served a Stint the Army i was a Combat medic 82nd Airborne Division got out back at the end of 2019 and moved here with my husband of 6 months... hes a new deputy with the Sheriff's office'

*starts thinking about the Event and flinches*

'Sorry about the Flinches i'm cold' 

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

*The older of the two introduces himself as Dave and the younger woman as Katherine. He mentions that the crews are out on a mill fire and I nod. That explains why the station is so empty. I take it was a massive fire if the crews from here ended up all the way out in Kimberly. I'd known it was big, but not that big.*

'It's a pleasure to meet you Dave, and you, Katherine.'

*We chat for a few about his work here and why he transferred and not much later, we're interrupted by the bay doors opening and people start trickling in. I'm somewhat surprised to see another woman come in, I've never been at a station with more than one or two women. Must be a very progressive department and I'm not unhappy about it. The crews are sooty and definitely need some food, a shower, and some rest. I guess it's a good thing that Katherine is making food for everyone. I chuckle a bit when one of the guys comments that they "already have a Kat" and gather that he's one of the pricklier of the guys here - every place has them.*

spacer.png

Rescue 9

Badge 1208

*I peek into the lounge on the way over to my office and see a few new faces. It looks like I'll be reassigning people again for what's left of the shift. We have a few new girls and the transfer I was told about is here. I step in, smelling the fantastic smell of burgers. Goddamn we'll get fat eating like this - but hell if we work like this often enough I'm sure we'll need all this food. I'm pleased the dog is gone, the crap everywhere is gone - I don't know who cleaned it up though I know Hannahan was starting to before we got the run.*

'Good evening y'all.'

*I direct my attention towards the older gentleman, if I remember right he's the union rep.*

'Wilson, right? And you two ladies are..? I'm Captain Summers.'

*I direct my query at the new girls - if I know my guys there will be some pranks to be played.*

FireCpt%20Generic.png

Captain Karen Summers
Unit Not Assigned

Badge 1612

'Wilson, right? And you two ladies are..? I'm Captain Summers.'

'Yes ma'am, Dave Wilson. Transferred from Ladder 32. Ready to be back on an engine. Captain Summers, right?'

*I smile warmly at the cap, nodding. Good to see the captain was of his age. He knew the lieutenant here was young, and so far it seemed like most of the crew was, as well. Of course, I was a rare sight as a backseat firefighter at my age, but it was still nice to not be the only old hat around.*

ladder31ff.png

Firefighter Dave Wilson
Ladder 1

Badge 2013

*I come in from the bay, grinning when I see the hamburgers.*

'Aw hell yeah. Who cooked burgers? You probies do it? Solid work.'

*I ask, gesturing to the two young women. I recognized the other guy as one of the union reps or something. Must be a transfer or shift coverage or something. I grab a burger and throw it on a bun. I put some ketchup and mustard on it, chowing down as I walk away towards the showers.*

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Yep, that's me. It's a pleasure to have you on here and I look forward to utilizing your expertise.'

*It's good to see an older face around here with so many of my guys being on the younger side. I don't think anyone's older than mid thirties honestly. I hear Stone come in and I crack a small smile. The woman who decided to make burgers for the guys was a genius - I've always believed the fastest way to a firefighter is through his stomach. I'm actually very happy to see new faces on my shift, filling it out. I've definitely seen Wilson around before at some of the union meetings, but never talked to him very much. I'd actually assumed he was at least an LT at another station.*

FireCpt%20Generic.png

Captain Karen Summers
Unit Not Assigned

Badge 1612

*A woman walks into the lounge and introduces herself as Captain Summers. I suppose this must be the shift commander, given what I've seen of the department thus far.*

'Michaela Gray, ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet you.'

*She shakes my hand and I step back. I figure I'll get my truck assignment soon, my orientation paperwork mentioned that it was shift commander's discretion where new hires were placed. I'm definitely not completely green but I definitely still have a lot to learn about firefighting.*

spacer.png

Rescue 9

Badge 1208

*I step over, extending my hand.*

'I'm Mark, or Marcus. New probie, I take it? Welcome to the department. I don't know if you saw the assignments or not, but you're riding truck. I'm acting up as the officer. Just wanted to introduce myself.'

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909