Lounge

K. Summers

*After I post shifts I notice an email blast from the department going out to EMS officers regarding an upcoming medic upgrade class. The last line asking me to post it in the station. I print out the information sheet and walk into the lounge area. Seeing the two newish basics standing around being useless.*

'Hey, the department has a Medic upgrade in the works. They're taking applications you guys should consider it, there's a nice pay bump.'

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Hey, the department has a Medic upgrade in the works. They're taking applications you guys should consider it, there's a nice pay bump.'

I jump at the medic's offering of a promotional training, for me. Wow, I've never thought they'd recognize me so fast for my good work! Man, I'm going to need to get new stickers made for the truck. I'll have to mention to the chief in Clinton for a new shield. We haven't had a paramedic before. I can probably talk him into getting me a badge with a star of life centerpiece!

"Yes Ma'am! Sign me up, I'd be honoured! Thank you for considering me!"

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Benjamin J. Jacobowski, III
Medic 1

Badge 2201

'Its not really me signing you up. Theres an application and interview process. but because there's a major shortage the standards are dropped. Hence why I'm bringing it up with you guys.'

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

'Its not really me signing you up. Theres an application and interview process. but because there's a major shortage the standards are dropped. Hence why I'm bringing it up with you guys.'

'Aight well get me an application and i'll fill it out might as well right'

image.png 

EMT David Callahan
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 2027

*after talking with Kat i walk into the lounge and plop down in one of the chairs and staryt channel surfing for something good on TV* 

Edited by Vanguard
slight retcon to facilitate an arc

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

After getting back to the station and writing up my side of the report on the call we were just on I head back out to the lounge.  Heading into the kitchen I make myself a bacon sandwich on toasted bread and take a seat in one of the lounge chairs.  Turning on the TV I start flipping through the channels to find something to watch while I eat my sandwich.

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

• 3 weeks later...

Entering the lounge I walk up to the refrigerator in the kitchen and grab a can of Monster out of it.  Cracking the can open I walk to the TV area and sit down in one of the lounge chairs.  Taking a sip of the drink I grab the remote, turn on the TV, and set it to the news.

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

I walk into the lounge and head to the coffee pot, pouring myself a cup. I had had union business to tend to earlier, but now I was in for the rest of the shift.

'Evening, everybody. How's the shift been?'

ladder31ff.png

Firefighter Dave Wilson
Ladder 1

Badge 2013

'Evening, shift has been decent.  One construction accident and one structure fire.  Nothing major.  About to make some spaghetti with garlic bread for dinner, Valentine is cooking.'

Leaving out the reason why Valentine is cooking I respond to Wilson while continuing to watch the news as he comes in.

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021