Lounge

K. Summers

*I slam open the door from the bay, storming in.*

'WHO THE FUCK HAS A DOG HERE? That fucking dog shit on the bay floor and I fucking stepped in it! Who the fuck is cleaning my goddamned boots! I swear to God someone is gonna fucking pay for this. I mean what fucking asshole brings a goddamned dog to work and leaves it in the bay for it to fucking shit and piss everywhere?!'

*I glare around the room, pissed. I knew most of these people hadn't seen me act out like this, but I was livid. I didn't like dogs in the first place, and now some fucking dog's shit was stuck in my boot tread.*

medic7pm.png

Paramedic Tom Murdoch
Medic 7

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 2008

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

* i look over at the captian as i move to grab the waterbowl i had filled*

‘I had told you  about her before and you had said it was fine if i kept her outta way  i only have her in cause i needa get her to the vet tomorrow early she ate something at home and hadent passed it yet but it can sometimes take a day i pulled a 48 hour shift for whatever reason so i had to bring her with me,my vet dident have space for an overnight stay so ive kinda been watching her, it wont happen again captian, and ill clean up and replace whatever she might damage’

* as a medic storms in i breath a sigh of relief* ‘ its my dog had to bring her in cause i needed to see if shed pass a toy she ate if not i was gonna take her to the vet tomorrow as i couldent get her in for an overnight stay today as the office was full’

* sigh* ill replace or clean whatever i gotta cause of her, maybe she passed the toy she destroyed and ate afterall’

(it was on the old site sadly)

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1319

*Hearing the raging paramedic slam his way through the doors, I just chuckle and keep my head low. If he's smart, you don't  mess with the bitch with a knife. That's me today.*

'So, uh, Mark. This normal around here?'

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*I had planned on being pretty forgiving with this but now, I'm very irritated. First he brings a dog in without talking to me, second he ignored my asking to see him in my office and now third, he's saying we'd discussed this before when we haven't. I hear Murdoch screaming in the background and I keep my face straight. It's been a while since I've given a good ol fashioned ass reaming and he's kind of amusing when he's pissed like this.*

'Valentine. You and I did NOT discuss this beforehand. This is a firehouse, not your house. Pets do NOT belong at work. Dogs need to be cleared because you're NOT the only one here, there are others and you need to be considerate of their needs as well. I don't know if any of our staff here have allergies, severe or otherwise and if one of my firefighters has an anaphylactic reaction so help me you will both be sent home so fast your heads will spin. We aren't always here for a majority of the shift, there's no one here to walk, feed, care for the dog if you're on a run. It isn't fair to the other firefighters OR to your dog. A sick dog requires EXTRA care not less care. For gods sake Valentine you pay for a dog sitter if the vet doesn't have overnight space available.'

*I'm trying to not scream at this guy in front of my crew but GOD this was not a well thought out plan. I have to stop myself and take a deep breath.*

'I don't know if you've been paying attention but there's been a massive working fire all over the news. If that doesn't get under control, we will end up going. We end up going, we'll be there for hours. Who's going to take care of your dog then, hm? Find other arrangements. Now please. Find a sitter, a kennel, something.'

FireCpt%20Generic.png

Captain Karen Summers
Unit Not Assigned

Badge 1612

‘ i know i literally couldent find ANY sitters or kennels i even asked my family back in New England this is a one time thing thats a freak combination of events all at once it wont happen again  sense weve been back at the station ive actually been calling  other sitters and kennels my cell can back that up ill show the call log’  * i attempt to de escalate it its probably not working but its kinda all i got unless i call jason but he has 3 dogs and a family i debate on going to the office as everythings already out in the open but maybe i should continue this there unless its finished* ‘ 

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

'She likely would have been better off at home. In HER home. She needs to be out. At this point, I don't care why she's here, it was irresponsible of you to put the additional stress on the dog, let alone your coworkers.'

*I'm fuming at this point. I don't like careless or irresponsible people - or people who act without thinking. I pinch the bridge of my nose and take a deep breath.*

'I don't care. Frankly, just figure something out. Instead of arguing with me, go sort your shit out.'

FireCpt%20Generic.png

Captain Karen Summers
Unit Not Assigned

Badge 1612

'Well, I tell you what, I'm gonna go look for some more. Something. That way.' I say to Mark under my breath. He's still prepping and I want nothing to do with this shit show. Maybe I'll go polish the ladder or something.*

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

I head into the lounge and untuck and unbutton my button up shirt, I put my watch cap on. I'm fucking tired. Dinner looks like it's on track and there isn't really anything to do to help. Most of the house chores have been done. There really isn't shit to do. I'm trying to quit smoking again but I'm really craving a cancer stick. I grab a hunk of cheese off the counter instead.

I see Karen stick her head out of the office and yell for Doug, I look over and see there's a fucking dog at the station. I look back over at the captain. 

"Hey uh, cap, before you chew his ass out for having a dog here the squad is out of service, CEL is on and it's sounding like it's misfiring." I say between mouthfuls of cheese and walk back into the kitchen. 

I look at Mark chopping mushrooms and stand there staring at him while I finish eating the cheese. Mark looks up and looks at me. As I finish chewing I say "Hey Mucus, you know you look like a great value coked up Macaulay Culkin?" I say.

Fire%20Generic.png
Firefighter/Paramedic Ewan Raven, Paramedic In Charge
Unit unassigned

Badge 1142

*Seeing the new assignments when I return with spices, that I don't really need, I nod to Ewan.*

'Looks like we're partners now'

*Let's get this in the oven soon, I don't want to miss it. At this heat, we need what, 5 minutes?*

'Ready yet Mark?'

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*Well, jesus, isn't everyone happy today. I wonder, can I tell a paramedic lieutenant she's late to the party and to help out with dinner? I mean, I am a firefighter, but she's an officer, even if it's not my branch. I'll have to investigate later.*

'Alright, for those who aren't yelling, the pizza is ready.'

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*My gaze settles on Valentine ass Summers professionally reams him.*

'YOU! Your dog did this?! What the fuck, you inconsiderate fucking asshole?!'

*I cross my arms, watching Summers talk to him.*

'When she's done with you, I'm gonna crawl your fucking ass I swear to god.'

*I wait for Summers to finish before walking over, glaring at Valentine.*

'Get your fucking dog's shit off my boot. Get it off the fucking bay floor. And get your fucking mutt out of here. What the fuck made you think this was okay?'

*I unzip my boot and slide it off, handing it to Valentine.*

'Don't get any fucking water inside my boot while you clean it.'

*I look over as Lt Breslin enters.*

'This fucking fire douche let his fucking mutt-ass dog into the fire station and it shit in the fucking bay. Unbelievable.'

medic7pm.png

Paramedic Tom Murdoch
Medic 7

Badge 2008

*I get the stuff chopped and quickly make the pizza while Noel disappears. I toss it in the oven and let it sit, waiting. I eagerly watch the unfolding drama, snacking on a bag of popcorn as I lean against the kitchen counter. I glance over at Raven as he makes a crack at me.*

'At least I'm not named after the sound a cat makes when it vomits. Did your parents hate you at birth, or did it come with time? I can understand both.'

Edited by estone

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

"Nice to meet you and all that jazz." I say extending my hand out and giving a firm handshake. If there's one thing I remember from my dad always coaching me to be a business man, it's that fucking handshake.

"I guess since we broke the squad and we're confined to the ladder you can drive. Have you had any time driving it besides the initial clearance course?" I ask grabbing a plate. 

Edited by E.Raven

Fire%20Generic.png
Unit unassigned

Badge 1142

*Businessman. Interesting. Not many handshakes here so far. I like this guy.*

'Drove on truck for two years in Chicago, this should be old hat, as long as there's no dog shit on the pedals.'

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

'What the fuck!'

*I walk over to him and Karen.*

'Captain, Can you please go downstairs with dipshit over here and explain to me how my guys are supposed to get anything done. I am not having my crews going to jobs covered in shit because of this idiot.'

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

‘ i dident have a choice i couldent find a sitter or kennel and every vet i called in the county was full she ate a toy last night so i had to keep an eye on her, id of called in but with all the fires i figure we need all the manpower we can get  ive been on the phone nonstop seeing if a vet or animal hospital had a free slot and was gonna run her in when it opened up unless i got to my vets office first in the morning the exception being if i was on a job’ * i again repeat my story the truth  but in getting a feeling they dont care but id only catch flak reguardless of if i stayed home ir not but i think the other battle woulda been an easier fight i hold my gaze on the officers its as non confrontational as i can make it *

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

'Well, if no one else will eat, I will, while it's hot' *I say loud enough to be heard, quiet enough to not join the angry officers club.

*I cut out a modest size piece, take it on a plate and go sit down. I've learned, eat when you can, and eat often. You never know how long you'll have to wait to next meal.

engine1acpt.png
Engine 1

Badge 2001

'Lovely Raven. Thanks. Check the duty room, you're on the ladder now anyways.'

*I turn my attention to Alyssa.*

'Lieutenant, I've already dealt with this situation and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't tell me how to run my crew.'

*For god's sake. I just finished with Valentine and now this bitch wants to get in on things - I don't have the energy to deal with everyone's shit today. It's like everyone is determined to get me as pissed as possible.*

'I've made it clear that it's unacceptable, and everything has been dealt with accordingly.'

*In my experience, it's considered poor form to interfere with another officer's team, but at least the whispers of "Lieutenant Bitchlin" are beginning to make sense. And as I'm dealing with Alyssa, Valentine comes back with more of his sob story and at this point I don't have the patience for it.*

'Look. As I said. I don't care. Deal with it, find somewhere for the dog to go, not here. Instead of continuing with excuses. Take responsibility, say yes captain, and deal with it.'

FireCpt%20Generic.png

Captain Karen Summers
Unit Not Assigned

Badge 1612

I hear Stone's comment and suppress a laugh, but can't help a grin. "It definitely came later. You really do live up to the crack head squatter life style if you're that familiar with the sound of a cat vomiting. When you're in your trap house and the feral cats start chucking after fucking do you still hear my name?" I ask filling my plate.

Fire%20Generic.png
Unit unassigned

Badge 1142

'I don't give a fuck about your dog. What I care about is my crews, If your grandmother was dying would you want to smell dog shit in the ambulance on the way to the hospital or clean up dog shit that got tracked into you house when your kid broke their arm. I don't fucking think so.'

'Lieutenant, I've already dealt with this situation and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't tell me how to run my crew.'

'Normally I wouldn't however this idiot just put one of my crews out of service because hes covered in dog shit.'

*I pick up my radio *

"Medic 7 is going to be out for about 20. Show them BBP."

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*Drawn by the smell of pizza in the shift room, I come in, avoiding all of the yelling. It makes my head hurt and makes it difficulty to function. But the pizza smells really good. I quietly walk into the room, cutting a small slice and putting it on a plate. If there's a buy in, I'll deal with it later. I head over towards one of the recliners on the edge of the room and sit down, avoiding the chaos.*

medic12pm.png
Paramedic Rory Dunne
Medic 1

Badge 1804

*Bobby Ray backs the medic unit into the bay. I get out as soon as we’re parked*

Holy shit. It’s a full house. This is truly a rare occasion.

As I walk towards the lounge I see a dog out in the bay. I walk up near it and squat down. ‘Come here boy...who’s a good boy?’ I say in a high pitched stupid voice. The dog comes over to me and I pet it heavily. 

‘You’re a cute one. Who’s are you? Huh? Who’s are you?’

I get up and make my way to the lounge. I can smell the glorious scent of pizza. My stomach churns with hunger. 

*I walk into the lounge*

’Well, well, well. A full house. To what do we owe this occasion?’ I say as I cross the threshold.

’Sooo...who’s the cute dog?’

Generic%20Paramedic.png

Logan Sparks, Paramedic
Medic 2
Shiloh County Fire Department, EMS
Badge 1808

‘Mine,savanna ate a toy last night i needed to keep an eye on her till i could find a sitter,kennel or get into a vet but apprently she just passed it, shoulda called out but with all the fires i figured we couldent afford the loss of hands’ * i look at the gaggle of personell fixating on the captian and lieutenant* ‘ ill clean up everything if im dismissed, scrub the building floors so well you could eat off them’

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

*I'm about to snap back at Alyssa, but before I can open my mouth we get toned out along with..... I lose count of how many units tones that was. I turn on my heel and stalk out, grabbing the keys for the car on my way out to the bay. I had a bad feeling this would happen.*

FireCpt%20Generic.png

Captain Karen Summers
Unit Not Assigned

Badge 1612