Duty Room

K. Summers

*the holidays have come and gone but i haden't been anywhere near saratoga or shiloh county so while its good to be back  as i ease my truck into the lot ,park and grab my  duffel bag i only spot a few cars i recognize after i lock my truck and store my bag  by my bunk i lean against the back wall of the duty room with a mug of coffee in hand* 'happy holidays guys how was your respective Christmas's, i spent mine    down south with my bro'

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1319

*coming in late I rush into the station* ´Grimm reporting in!´I scream while im still in the hallway, rushing into the duty room. My flight from Germany was delayed, I visited my family and wanted to make it back in time of course, but a snow storm in stuttgart delayed the flight for nearly 1 1/2 days. ´Am I still in time?´I ask completly out of breath. ´Sorry for the delay´

engine11ff.png

Firefighter Joshua Grimm
Engine 1

Badge 2102

• 1 month later...

*after finding a spot where my truck can fit with the plow on as i was lazy and couldent be assed to take it off i head into the station,stow my duffel bag grab a coffee then walk into the duty room* ‘ im here’

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

Heading into the Parade room, after meeting with the platoon chief, who informed me I'll be acting captain again today, I look at my crew. 

"Alright, you're with me today" I say , pointing to Rogers and Valentine. "Chief's got a few messages to go over, and then I want to go out on a run with the engine." I say, the remaining firefighters listen as I read through the notes and messages, and then we head to the apparatus floor, leaving our NPC counterparts with their officers. 

Truck and Riding Assignments

Engine 1 
Acting Captain Noel - OIC
Firefighter EMT Valentine - Driver 
Firefighter Rogers - Nozzle
Firefighter Rickart (NPC) - Irons

Ladder 1 (*NPC*)
Lieutenant Smith - OIC
Firefighter Coggins - Driver
Firefighter Jacons - Irons
Firefighter Paramedic Currier - Hook and Can

Rescue 1 (*NPC*)
Captain Hewitt - OIC
Firefighter Guerra - Driver
Firefighter Paramedic Richards - Searcher/Crib
Firefighter Rerick - Tools/Irons

Fire 1 (*NPC*)
Firefighter Hall - Support Operator

Squad 1 (*NPC*)
Lieutenant Robinson - OIC
Firefighter Paramedic White - Driver/Medic

Unit 22 (*NPC*)
Platoon Chief Ward

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*I walk into the station a bit late and slightly hungover, Placing my 24 hour bag in my locker i head over to the duty room and see no one in here*

'Well fuck guess I gotta go to the LT's office'

*head up to the Lt's office i knock*

image.png 

EMT David Callahan
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 2027

*seeing the door crack open and seeing Breslin peak her head out of her dark office*

'I guess its you and me on Medic 1'

'Okay Lt I'll go start truck checks... you also wanna make a run to the store i need a Gatorade and some gas station food?... fuck it i'll even pay'

image.png 

EMT David Callahan
Medic 1

Badge 2027

'Okay Lt I'll go start truck checks... you also wanna make a run to the store i need a Gatorade and some gas station food?... fuck it i'll even pay'

*I motion to the breakfast sandwich I picked up from the deli on my desk. My voice quiet due to the pounding headache.*

'The deli down the block is great. Grab me a green tea snapple.'

*I hand him a few wadded up dollar bills.*

'Before the truck checks...'

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

'Dave how have you been?'

* i take a pull from my coffee and start to turn to leave as i hear rogers ask me how ive been opting to walk and talk* ‘ ive been alright,busy as all hell with whatever odd job i can find and do between shifts though,diesels gone up and my pickups rather thirsty not to mention im still paying it off but aside from that i got no complaints’

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319

*I park my car and walk back into the duty room seeing someone new has entered in a EMT Uniform*

'Morning'

*i walk by them and head to the LT's office and open the door walking in and grabbing the wadded up cash Breslin had handed me and place two green tea snapples on her desk*

'I gotcha two and paid for it, but whose the EMT sitting out in the duty room? they don't even look old enough to be working?'

image.png 

EMT David Callahan
Medic 1

Badge 2027

'I gotcha two and paid for it, but whose the EMT sitting out in the duty room? they don't even look old enough to be working?'

I guess the previous tour covered it.

Both of you on M1, Take the ALS stuff off and I'll take a command car

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

• 4 months later...

*after one helluva rainstorm its finally time to get back to the every day so after parking my truck in the lot i grab my duffle bag and after throwing it on an empty bed in  quarters walk into the duty room* 'hi guys, that was one helluva rainstorm huh?' * i say as i plop into a chair bringinmg up the massive floodding mess from a bit ago*

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 1319