Duty Room

K. Summers

Parking my POV in the front of the station I grab my go-bag and make my way into the duty room, dropping my bag at the back of the ambulance area, in case we get a quick call. I check my uniform one last time in the reflection off the door to make sure my uniform, including badge, is immaculate. 

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Benjamin J. Jacobowski, III
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2201

Holding back a slight yawn I enter the duty room for the first time in awhile having taken some time off to help my family back at home due to the flooding that hit Ludlow, Vermont last month.  With a nod to the others in the room I take a sip of my Monster and head to the back to hear assignments.

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

• 1 month later...

Even after I ordered something to go from Denny's it seems I'm the first to arrive for the shift.  Well I guess that's fine as I take a seat in the Duty Room and get to work on the Grand Slam breakfast of pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage.

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

*easeing my truck into the lot,i grab my duffel and my Micky Ds breakfast sandwich and head inside stowing the bag before i walk into the duty room with my sandwhich and a department mug of coffee* 'morning guys'* i say as i bite into the sandwhich*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

*Parking my truck in the lot, I grab my duffel bag and walk in the door. I drop my bag off to the side in the bay and I head into the day room and take a seat in my usual chair*

’Mornin guys. How are y’all?’

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Bruce Beard
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Dept. 
Badge 2111

As the captain starts to speak, or lieutenant, or whatever the hell she is. I'm confused at the firefighters. They've got people with one stripe and bugle and calling them captain. This department is weird as all hell.

"I'm here, sorry, I was speaking with admin!"

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Benjamin J. Jacobowski, III
Medic 1

Badge 2201

"Alright, no other missing firemen? Okay. So we've got a new truck on the run today, the new tiller is in service for ladder 1. I know a few of you are trained tillermen, so sort that amongst yourself. I'll be acting Captain on Engine on, and Cook is stepping up as acting LT on the tiller. Boorne, on back, Valentine on front. Or switch it out, just for the love of god, don't crash it. 

Engine 1

Acting Captain Noel
Firefighter Anderson
Firefighter Beard
Firefighter Rogers

Ladder 1
Acting Lieutenant Cook
Firefighter EMT Valentine
Firefighter Boorne

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

8 minutes ago, D. Valentine said:

'im comfortable doing either so its whatever ya wanna do ian'

'I guess until our 4th man Arrives i'll be your tillermen. Let's see if we catch anything decent this shift well working some cover shifts we caught a decent fire in Cresent Falls'

Edited by Jimothy

ladder1ff.png

Firefighter Paramedic Ian Boorne
Ladder 1

Badge 2050

I come into the duty room and check the roster for the day. With the platoon chief being out sick, it bumps us all up a notch. I'm riding as the acting platoon chief, Noel as the acting captain, and Cook as an acting lieutenant. Good experience for all of us, really. I poke around for a few minutes and then step into the office.

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...