Memorial Day Party - M. Stone's Residence

M. Stone

Saturday, May 23rd

Invited: Pretty much everyone. All SCFD and SCFD EMS employees for sure, really anyone else that can make up enough of a reason to know Stone to be invited.

*I open my eyes as my alarm rings, mumbling about the time as I reach over and turn it off. Sitting up in bed, I yawn and throw the sheets off me. I get up and pad into my bathroom, stripping off my boxers as I go. I step into the shower and turn the water on as I tell my Echo to queue up my morning playlist. I quickly wash myself, singing along to a few of the songs. I finish up and step out of the shower. I towel off and quickly get dressed, pulling on jeans and a union t-shirt. My phone rings, and I glance at the caller ID before picking it up.*

‘Hey Dave.’

‘Hey buddy, just checking in to see if you need me to bring anything this afternoon.’

‘Nah man, you’re good. I should have everything. Just bring yourself and the family,’ *I grin.*

‘Alright Mark, I’ll see you this afternoon.’

‘Bye.’

*I hang up the phone and head downstairs, fixing myself some eggs and toast as I debate the order of the day’s events. The party was planned to start around two or so, and it was around eleven now. I had slept in this morning instead of getting up, but that didn’t really put me behind. I was supplying burgers and hotdogs, and the fixings for those, and I had other people bringing sides and drinks, so we should be covered. I start taking everything out of the fridge, knowing it’d only be a few hours before someone knocked at the door.*

*A few hours later, I hear a knock at the door and get up from my spot at the couch, heading to see who had arrived first.*

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1909

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Placing my black strappy high heels on the driveway's dirt surface I step out of my Chevy in a yellow v-neck mini sundress.  Grabbing my purse I sling it's strap over my shoulder and shut the driver's door with my hip as I make my way to the trunk.  Opening the trunk up I quickly grab the case of Corona out of it and shut the trunk.  Probably won't know many people here but since I got the invite from Stone I figured it wouldn't be bad to show up.  As I reach the porch  I climb up the stairs and make my way to the door.  As I knock on the door I wonder if I'm the first to arrive.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

' im ready,are you ambs? * i say as i pull my leather jacket outta the downstairs closet and throw it on over the  Cabela's t shirt i have on,i havent driven my bike ina bit nevermind realy had amber on the back but as cole is with a sitter as amber an i had planned a getaway  the dogs will be fine by themselfs for a few hours i elect to holler again* 'Amber,you coming  or taking one of the trucks?  i kinda wanna beat traffic'* im about to step outside when my wife walks down the stairs in a new  yet matching jacket to mine  a Harley Davidson leather one with the american flag and a bald eagle to my own  the other diffrence being our jeans,my blue to her black,she even has a new helmet thats similar to mine  her shirt matching my own aswell*

'what if theres food he might want you to take home  jay?' Amber asks as i open the door " he can save it and i can swing by later to grab it' * i reply as i move to uncover my bike i rid t yesterday so i know it rns* 'remember baby,lean with me ok,hop on when your ready' * i say as i mount my bike walking backwards into the sun,the billet sillver and black sparkleing in the light i see her nod as i crank it over as she climbs on and i  spin around in my driveway starting slow* ' remember what i said'' * she nods gripping my waist tighter and we make our way to kimberley,the highway is tough given the traffic and amber suprisingly being nervous but eventually i reach kimberleys city limits its finding stones bouse thats a bit hard but eventually  my harley rumbles down his driveway*  ' nice property..' * amber says as i ease my bike to a spot thats still shaded and dismount i then take my jacket off and amber and i after storeing them in the sadllebags  start walking stones property twoards his back yard* 'hello!' i call out with amber in tow behind me as i clip my harleys keys  to my belt*

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

*I open the door, smiling as I see Evelyn standing there.*

'Hey, glad to see you could make it. Come on in, I was just about to head out back and start the grill.'

*I step back, letting Evelyn in. I close the door behind her and walk her through the house to the back patio. I gesture to the cooler on the patio.*

'Plenty of space for your beer in the cooler.'

*I start lighting the grill as I hear a bike come down the driveway and then stop, turning off.*

'Hey, back here!'

*I call out. My backyard wasn't fenced, and it wouldn't be hard for Patterson to find us.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

* after a somewhat comfortable ride from the house we arrive at the place abd i climb off hubby’s bike setting my helmet oppsite jasons on the free handlebar then toss my jacket in with his in the saddlebag being sure to cover my purse as jay hollers i take in the sights moving when he does around the house after he does his introduction i smile and wave in reply* ‘ nice place you got here  told jay we should probabky bring food but he insisted we take his bike down,im Amber, his wife and i fly the ERT Chopper”

Edited by Vanguard

Amber Hutchinson
ERT Helo-1
Shiloh County Emergency Response Team

'Thanks for the invite'

*Carrying the case of beer inside I follow Stone out to the patio where he shows me a cooler to put my Corona in.  With a smile as well as a nod I place my purse on a nearby table and squat down while opening up the 12 pack.  Placing each bottle in the cooler I stand back up and find a seat, near the table with my purse on it, to sit down in.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*I park my car in the driveway and grab the 12 pack of lagunitas IPA and the bottle of Patron off of the passenger seat. I walk up to the house and see the redhead cop walk around the back. I don't remember her name but I remember hanging out at the diner with her and she used to be a wildchild just like me. Wonder if Patron can bring that back. Walking around the back I see stone manning the grill,*

'Yo Mark where do you want the booze?'

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

'Hey, I'm Mark. Good to meet you, Amber,' *I smile. I start laying burgers on the grill, looking up as Breslin makes an appearance.*

'Hey Alyssa, just toss it in the cooler. Patron huh, you really planning on getting down,' *I grin. I grab a Yuengling out of the cooler and crack it open, taking a swig.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*Has me and James pull into the driveway I unbuckle and wait for James to stop*. 

‘This is the address Stone gave me James so hopefully it’s correct and please be kind to these people most of them are my co workers’  

i’’ll try to’ 

*Me and James Step out my car and walk up to the front door and I knock on it* 

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

*As I put the beer in the cooler.*

'Patron huh, you really planning on getting down'

'I don't drink often but when I do I make it count. Who else is coming to this?'

image.png

O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*Not long after sitting down a few more people show up including someone from EMS whom I recognize but don't remember her name.  Do remember a time when we talked in Mike's Diner and sort of bonded but we haven't really talked with each other since then.  Also noting the arrivals of Patterson and his wife whom I give a simple nod hello in greetings.  Wanting to get a bottle of Corona but there's no way there cold yet.  Grabbing my sunglasses out of my purse and putting them on I hear the one from EMS ask who else is coming.*

'Yeah, who else is coming?'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*hearing the chatter out back me and James walk out back seeing everyone*

'Hey guys how is everyone'

'oh i see my Sargent is here have you met him yet kat'

'i'm not sure.. Maybe on a call i might of' 

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

*I let the burgers sit on the grill, closing the lid as I turn to everyone.*

'Well, honestly, I don't know who else is coming. Wilson said he couldn't make it, and I mean, I invited Murdoch, but I don't think anyone here has ever seen him outside of work. I invited Summers, Dunne, Sjostrom, Valentine, Noel, Rogers, and Jackson, but I don't know if any of them are coming.'

*I take another swig of my beer.*

'I really can't believe it's this cold Memorial Day weekend still. I don't know if I'm ever gonna get used to that. Back home we'd be in the pool for sure.'

*I look up as the Rogers walk around the back.*

'Hey, glad to see y'all could make it.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*i wave to stone as he welcomes us*

'Hi stone thanks for the Invite this is my Husband James hes one of the Deputies at the Sheriff's office'

'Nice to Meet you the Names James'

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

'This is cold?'

*Wanting a beer and not caring if it's cold yet I get up from my chair and head to the cooler.*

'You're clearly a southerner.  It's nice and cosy for me.'

*Pulling out a Corona from the cooler I pop it open and take a sip.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

'darlin,your most likely gonna needa drive me home from this' * i say as i walk outta my house in a set of jeans aswell as ablue labeless swetshirt i pulled over a  grey paradise ranch t shirt,skylar follows me out in some jeans ripped at her knees and her A&M sweatshirt,with a  custom made T shirt of her with her horse,she brushes the black bangs outta her eyes ,while i grab the 12 pack of   budweiser i had grabbed this morning outta my fridge* 'you be a good boy  cooper,guard the house boy"  my dog whos asleep on the porch lifts his head only to lay back down as  me and sky exit my house then jump in my chevelle throwing the beer in the trunk, and cimb in myself 'you locked the door right babe?' *she nods as i crank my car over,its a nice enough day if a little cold* 'wheres this feller live bobby?' sky asks as i back outta my driveway then start the long drive down* 'kimberley, its a well you'll see when we get there'

* after a drive thatv seems like forever i reach the area where stone lives* 'well..this should be the place... ' * i ease my car down his driveway stopping short when i spot breslins car* 'sunova...' *sky looks over at me* 'what babe?' * i sigh and point out breslins car* ' remember the lieutenant i worked with i told you about?' *she nods* 'the bitchy one' * i nod* 'she cant stand me maybe i shouldent bother goin' *sky slaps me not hard but before i can reply she starts talking* 'bobby ray, just go park the car and quit being a bitch,yankee bitch aunt shit,but ill behave alright there your co workers afterall and im your guest i happen to also be engaged to you,so if she starts shit ive got you baby' * i shrug* 'last thing i need from you is fighting with my boss' *she punches me playfully* 'just drive into the damn driveway,itll be fine '

'if you insist..' * i resume pulling into stones driveway leaveing spots incase somebody wants to leave,i let my car sit rumbkleing for a second then kill it and move to my trunk to grab the bear shutting my trunk i head around bacjk sky following behind me* 

'how y'all doin!,mark you got a spot in the cooler or your fridge for a 12 pack,i wont drink it all but figured some of y'all might be thirsty,hope you dont mind i brought a guest' * i gesture to the  mexican/native  american mix that is skylar whos all smiles and clearly has a cowgirl style body* 'my fiancee,Skylar"  *she waves flashes her brown eyes and smiles r talking in a full texas accent* "hey y'all'

Edited by Vanguard

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 1714

'Good to meet you, James,' *I shake his hand.*

'And I mean, it's a little chilly, yeah. Jacket weather, for sure. Not pool weather, though.'

*I shrug and finish off my beer.*

'Can take the boy out of the South, cain't take the South out of the boy. It's nice up here, though, I like it. Can't say I miss all the heat and humidity.'

*Hearing another car pull up, I smile as Bobby Ray comes around the corner, with a very Texan girl in tow.*

'Hey Billy Ray, glad to see you could make it,' *I grin. The nickname that Murdoch had given to Bobby was sticking, that was for sure.* 'Pleasure to meet you Skylar, I'm Mark.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*well drinking my beer another Couple walks around the corner*

'Welcome'

*i wave at the two people that just arrived not knowing them*

'Must be someone from the FD or EMS'

*i look back at Hawke*

' Well i'm going to go say hey to Patterson and see how he's doing'

*i leave the cooler and walk over to patterson stick my hand out to shake his*

'How are you sir'

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

'Oh great the creepy hillbilly is here with Methany. Well If I ever needed an excuse to drink here it is.'

*I say as I walk over to Hawke. She can hear me say this. I go to the cooler and crack open a corona.*

'Can take the boy out of the South, cain't take the South out of the boy. It's nice up here, though, I like it. Can't say I miss all the heat and humidity.'

'Imagine how I feel, I grew up in the middle of the desert!'

image.png

O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*Giving a simple nod to James as he mentions going to talk with Patterson I hear Mark's reply to my comment about his complaint about the cold.  Hearing Breslin mention a hillbilly and Methany showing up giving her reason to drink I nod.*

'Well, hell, you both making me feel weird for thinking I can wear even less today.  Today feels like a bikini top and shorts type day to me.'

*Taking a quick swig of my Corona*

'Well, I'm really comfortable in my sundress here.  Not cold and not hot either.  Just perfect'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*Hearing Breslin's remark, I cough and take a swig of my Michelob.*

'Now now, let's be nice, Alyssa,' *I grin.*

*I take another swig of beer.*

'I mean, don't feel weird. You're used to it, you grew up in like Maine, right? I'm from damn South Carolina. I barely knew what snow was before I moved up here. Now it's Memorial Day and not even 80 degrees yet.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*after i finish talking to Patterson i walk over to stone*

'hey thanks for having Kat's back i've been worried with her past military career and everything that happened to her she wouldn't want to do it but she cant stop talking about how nice the crew is to work with'

*i take a swig of my beer*

'also  your from South Carolina i'm from Manchester New Hampshire and Kat is from Maine i will say this is a bit chilly for Memorial day usually its 70-75 degrees before memorial day but its been a weird spring'

Edited by Jimothy

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

*Taking another swig of my beer I can feel my stomach starting to tell me it's ready to eat.  Looking around my surroundings I see Stone has a nice fair share of land here with plenty of trees and a field or two.  Guess he must do some farming in his time off.  It's definitely a lot more land than my 2 acres.  Savo would certainly enjoy running around here.*

'How's the food coming along?'

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504