2020 Camping Trip

Blackburn

*I smirk at Stone's reply to the S'mores, it was pretty much the same thing I would do though, in fact the S'mores were definitely on my mind, I couldn't wait to start making them. But lunch was cooked, so I grab myself some food and sit back and relax as I eat my sandwich.*

'Foods great..anyone got any plans for the rest of the day or are we all just seeing what happens?'

engine11lt.png

Lieutenant Katherine Baker
Engine 11

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1704

*Eating away, I see at least one nervous face. That Evelyn one, she's definitely the most uncomfortable.*

'Alright Sir, I'm just going to go right out and say it cause your the top dog here.  What happens on this trip stays on this trip, right?  It's great that your here with us but I'm asking just cause I don't want to have to worry about my job after potentially drinking myself silly and dancing around the campfire tonight.  So, yeah, what happens on this trip gets left behind on this trip, right?'

'I mean, I take my daily notes after lights out, and I'll be meeting with the Sheriff to make recommendations for different roles, such as Academy Greeter, like a Walmart Greeter, but with eager eyed cadets. Now that said, I've gotta finish this hotdog so I can make some more notes.'

*I take a pause, read the room, or erm, campsite, and see that most people understand this is a joke. I personally hope not all do, because that'll make for one hell of an interesting weekend if they're thinking they'll end up at Academy.*

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

'Well.... shit'

*Is he joking?  I'm sure he is because that position sounds like bullshit but he said that with such a straight face and tone of voice that the doubt of it being a joke is there.  Taking another sip of my Corona I'm certain that the Commissioner does well in poker.  Fuck it, if I get fired I can always go back to being a waitress.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

*I finish my brat and toss the paper plate into the fire, then lean back in my camp chair and take a swig of Michelob. I glance over to Kat as she asks about plans.*

'I was thinking about maybe some swimming, but I'm not real set on anything in particular. Anyone else have any ideas? Or we all just winging it?'

*I look to Kat, then over to Evelyn.*

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Got no plans here, Lieu'

*Finishing up with my lunch I answer Stone's question as I toss my paper plate onto the fire.  However with the way he looked towards Lt. Baker and the redheaded cop on this trip I feel like it was more a question for them.  Well, alright Lt, go get them I guess.  Leaving the fire pit area of the campsite I go back to my tent and open my cooler to get myself another sprite.  Unsure of what I want to do now though I sigh and scratch my head.*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

• 2 weeks later...

*Getting bored sitting around the campfire as the day is nearing the afternoon I chug down the rest of my bottle of Corona and get up from my chair.  Placing my empty bottle into a trashbag I look around the site real quick.*

'Well, guess I'll see what trouble I can get myself into.'

*Passing by Burke I get an idea as I get behind him and do a bit of stretching.  Looking towards Stone I look back to Burke and then nod my head towards the lake.  He should get the idea, hopefully.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*I polish off the rest of my Michelob, tossing the can into a trashbag. I stand up and amble over to my cooler, pulling out another beer. Hawke catches my eye, and I grin mischievously. I nod slightly and pull out another beer, quickly wiping the grin from my face. I amble over to the Commissioner, offering him a beer.*

'Have a beer, Bill. Can I call you Bill? Or do you go by William? Is Bill too informal? Anyways here, have a beer.'

*I offer him the beer, hoping he'll take it. Once he's distracted with the beer, Evelyn and I - probably mostly me - should just be able to freight train him into the lake. I might end up going in with him, but fuck it. How often do you get to dunk your boss' boss' boss' boss in a lake?*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*As soon as Stone gets Burke distracted with the beer I stop stretching.  With me being behind the Commissioner I've obviously got his arms and Stone has his legs.  Raising a hand in the air with three fingers up I begin counting down with them.  Soon as the third finger is down I quickly grab Burke from under his shoulders and lift.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*As Hawke counts down, I nod and quickly sweep his legs, lifting him and heading for the lake.*

'Remember Commissioner, what happens on the trip, stays on the trip.'

*As we near the bank, I swing him once before tossing him into the lake with Hawke, laughing as he splashes into the lake.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

I park my car, music blaring. I shut off the engine and get out. I pop open the back door and pull out a red cheap plastic kid's wagon. The brand: "Little Tikes Little Rider Wagon" printed on the size. I had to borrow this ridiculous thing from my brother...but like hell if I'm carrying all my crap to the campsite.

I start to fill the wagon with my tent, sleeping bag, fold-up chair, and a small cooler. It all barely fits. I use a couple bungee cords to strap them all down and keep them in the wagon. I put a my backpack on my back and start to pull the wagon away from the car. Looking back, I click the "Lock" button on my car keys and see my car lock up. I proceed down the small trail, pulling the plastic wagon behind me. It's not exactly easy to pull, but it sure beats carrying all this crap.

After about 10 minutes down a small dusty trail I can see the campsite.

'Hey! Don't worry...the party has arrived!' I say when I start to recognize some familiar faces.

'Where's there a free spot to set this tent up?' I ask.

Edited by Chris07

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 1871

*i pull into the parking lot and turn off my car and grab my gear and and lock the car and walk down to where everyone else is* 

‘Hey guys how is everyone... where can i set up my tent’ 

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

*Parking my Stealth in the parking lot I get out of the vehicle and grab my gear out of the back and passenger seat.  Locking up the car I close the door and make my way down the trail.  Three days off from work means three days of not being around Big Jim.  There's no way he's coming to this.  He'll have a heart attack walking down this trail if he even tried.  It's going to be nice.  As I reach the end of the trail I come to a clearing where every one else is.  I'll introduce myself later but for now I'm going to set up my tent.  Looking around the place the area on the other side of the stream looks clear and open.*

'Yeah, over there looks good.'

*Saying to myself as I walk through the clearing and walk nearby the firepit social area where I drop of my camping chair.  Moving on I come to a bridge, giving access to the other area of the camping site, and cross it.  Finding a spot next to a grove of bushes nearby the bridge I set the rest of my stuff down and begin pitching up my tent.*

• Like 1

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

*Watching as Hawke mentally processes what I just said, specifically the position of Academy greeter, just makes that too good. I make a mental note to myself to send the sheriff a job posting for internally only for just that position, looking for volunteers before one is selected.*

'Have a beer, Bill. Can I call you Bill? Or do you go by William? Is Bill too informal? Anyways here, have a beer.'

*Jesus, Bill? What am I a hick? This guy has had too much, or I haven't had enough.*

'I'm definitely--'

'Remember Commissioner, what happens on the trip, stays on the trip.'

*The fuckers grab me and throw me into the lake. As I go, I make a loud yell, one that sends birds out of the trees, and make sure to tense my limbs around the fuckers who grabbed me. If I'm going in, you're coming with me you bastards.*

'Mother fuck. I'll drown you bastards!'

ert5012burke.png

Commissioner William Burke
Unit 50-12
Chief Director of Emergency Management, Shiloh County Emergency Response Team
Badge 0801

*As I let go to toss Burke into the lake I feel the guy grabs my wrist for a brief moment which jolts me towards the lake.  Losing my balance it looks like I'm getting wet again as I stumble into the lake following Burke.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*Looking up from my book I notice that Hawke and Stone made Burke go for a swim.  Some others have arrived to the site asking where they can set up their stuff.*

'Wherever there is a free spot that you can find.  This area around the campfire seems to be for socializing, cooking, eating, and hanging though so maybe not exactly here.'

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

"Wherever there is a free spot that you can find.  This area around the campfire seems to be for socializing, cooking, eating, and hanging though so maybe not exactly here.'

'Okay'

*i start looking around a free spot and find one on the otherside of two tents and setup and then get into a bathing suit and get ready to go for a swim and i walk over and see Burke and Hawke fall into the Lake*

'well you two seem to be having a bit of fun and i walk over to stone*

'They seem to be having fun huh Stone.. Why don't we go for Swim' *I wink at stone* ' you look hot soo lets go cool down'

*i grab Stones hand and jump in pulling stone in with me*

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

*Once I finished eating I cleaned up a bit and just relaxed by the fire deciding to just wing it myself. Staying by the fire to relax a bit as Hawke and Stone and toss Burke into the lake, I just grin and head over myself*

'Nice toss Stone.'

*I say as I head over, noticing Rogers grabbing for Stone's hand*

'I guess everyones gonna go for a swim.'

engine11lt.png

Lieutenant Katherine Baker
Engine 11

Badge 1704

*I laugh even more as Burke grabs Hawke's wrist, tugging her into the water with him. Fortunately I had managed to escape a similar fortune thanks to being at his legs. I step to the edge of the bank, offering my hand out to Hawke.*

'Need a hand getting out?' *I chuckle.*

*I glance over as Rogers walks up, giving her a smile.*

'Hey, yeah, we're having fun throwing the Commissioner into the lake.'

*As she winks at me, I feel my cheeks flush. Wow, that was way more forward than I was expecting out of her. Wasn't she married? To one of the cops? Jesus, man, that sounded like a trainwreck waiting to happen. But, it could be fun. Although there was Evelyn..then again, I didn't really know where I stood with her.*

*I yelp as she jumps into the lake and tugs me in with her, falling in next to Burke and Hawke. I laugh, shaking my head and smiling. Baker cracks a joke about everyone going for a swim, and I look over to her and grin.*

'Come on in and join us, Kat. The water's great.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

Come on in and join us, Kat. The water’s great’ 

*what am i doing I’m married... but he’s cute... also did he just ask Baker to join us whatever it might be nothing* 

‘Yeah Baker come join us the waters fine’. 

*i look at stone and try hiding a smile* 

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

*Well this is nice.  Glad I decided to wear my bikini underneath my clothes when I got changed earlier.  As Stone offers a hand to pull me out I debate on taking the offer and pulling him into the lake as well.  However, before I can respond Scrat's wife walks right up and pulls him into the lake herself.  As I scramble out of the way in three feet of water from Stone being dragged into the lake by Rogers I can't help but laugh.  With almost everyone now in the lake I might as well stay.  Taking a seat in the lake I pull off my shoes, socks, and pants which I toss back onto the bank.  I debate on taking off my tank top but with me wearing a bikini around colleagues I guess I'll refrain from showing that much skin.  Pity though because it is a nice black bikini.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

'Just set it your tent up where ever' someone yells at me as I roll up with my riduclous plastic wagon for kids.

'Cool.' I say as I look around. I see some spaces a little more isolated across the small bridge, so I pull the wagon across the bridge and set my tent up about 10 feet away from Morgan. 

*I pull my crap out of the wagon and start unpacking the tent.*

'Shit. How the fuck does this work?' I say to myself.

I'm obviously not the outdoorsy type...at least not the camping type. I don't think I've gone camping since I was like 12 years old.

Right about now, I was wishing I hadn't dropped out of the Boy Scouts 4 months in.

After about 20 minutes of struggling I figure the damn thing out and get it set up. I throw my bag and sleeping bag into the tent. I park the wagon next to the entrance. I quickly head into the tent and change into something a little more comfortable and appropriate for the lake. Boardshorts, tank-top, and sunglasses on, I zip up my tent, and take the small cooler out of the wagon and carry it towards the camp fire. I pass Blackburn  who's seated out front of his tent reading a book.

'Sup Boss.' I wave as I pass him. What a nerd...who the hell comes out to the lake to read?

I see a bunch of people in the lake already, so I divert my path over that way. I reach the beach and greet everyone.

'Hey guys!' I say waving.

'Who needs a beer!?' I ask enthusiastically putting the cooler down and opening it, revealing that its packed full of cans Sam Adams.

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871

*I drive down the trail...or at least, what I thought was a trail. This trail seems to have been poorly maintained, there's trees and shrubs all in my damn way.*

My large International RV barrels down the "trail" knocking over small trees and shrubs that stand in its way.

*I bounce up and down in the driver's seat*

'Jesus Christ Jim, I told you this wasn't the damn trail.' the large, but very beautiful woman next to me says. Her face is caked in make-up as always, but she could wear a a clown-mask and I'd still think she's pretty.

'God damn it Helen, I told you, this is the damn trail. They just haven't maintained it very well, that's all.' I argue back.

'I don't think a road is supposed to have tree's running down the middle of it' she rebukes.

'Well it's a good thing I had the big off-road tires put on before we left, isn't it?' I ask sarcastically. 

*What might seem like fighting, is actually communication. Helen and I have been arguing with each other daily for over 30 years. We'd have it no other way.

We bounce as we continue to mow down small trees. I can see the camp sight ahead.

'There it is.' I say happily.

*I press the small horn button on the dash. The RV's horn starts playing the first part of "Flight of the Valkyries"*

'Jesus Jim, wake up the whole damn Forest why don't you?' Helen argues.

'Sorry love. I just am so excited about this trip!' I say.

We arrive at the campsite and pull into the grass clearing. I look for a spot, and maneuver the giant RV over towards the river and next to the bridge. I  park the RV next to the bridge. I put the brakes on and flip a switch. A large hiss of air comes out of the RV as the hydraulic axel lowers the RV onto the ground. 

'We're here!' I say happily. I struggle to get out of the driver's seat. It takes me 3 attempts, but I manage to get up, hitting the air horn with my gut only twice in the process.

I head back into the RV to get it all set up.

James "Big Jim" Kowalski
Dispatcher

Shiloh County ERT Communications
Badge 2098

*As I prepare to throw someone a beer I hear a rumble. The ground shakes beneath my feet. I can see small pebbles on the ground shake about*

Something's coming.

Something BIG.

I turn around and look at the tree line. My jaw drops. I can see tree tops way off in the distance rustling, some being plowed down to the ground. Flocks of birds fly up into the air off in the distance.

'What the hell?' I say out loud.

'This is some Jurassic Park shit, man' I say in awe as the large object comes closer.

The rumbling intensifies. The ground shakes more. I can hear the sound of tree's snapping, and birds squawking. 

A large bellow is let out...its a mammoth sized horn playing....that tune from Apocalypse Now...Ride of the Valkyries, I think.

My jaw opens as I see a mammoth semi-truck sized RV with giant tires break through the tree line. It makes a partial loop around the grass clearing before coming to a park near the river's edge, adjacent to the foot bridge. A large hiss of air and steam come out from around the RV as it lower's itself to the ground. The train-style airhorn bellows briefly a few times, as if hit accidentally. 

'Who the hell is that?' I ask as I look back into the water.

SheriffDep%20Generic.png
Deputy Jaydon Scott
Unit unassigned
Badge 1871