Patrol Area - 2021

Blackburn

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*I leave the station and cross over the broad st. bridge.*

'Roll your window down halfway. You need to aware of your surroundings. Sights sounds. Trust your gut, If you feel something is wrong investigate it. Know what drugs look like. Know what they smell like. And what's the number one rule for this job?'

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 2025
sdto.png.006720580470e1f4230b35ea6c1fecd7.png

'No, its always know where you are. If you don't know where you are then neither does your backup. If your in danger the first thing you should do is yell out the location into the radio. Even if you can't say anything else they know where you are.'

*We pull off the broad street bridge, I can see the looming shadow of Trulit Gardens, One of the most notorious housing complexs in the state.*

'See those buildings. That's Trulit gardens. Its basically an open air drug market in the courtyards there, They see us coming they have their boys on the roof throw air mail down on us. If your on foot there always be mindful of the rooftops.'

*I see a mid 2000s Chrysler 300 with limo tint and rims that are worth more than the car blow the stop sign on s 13th on to broad.*

'I'm cover your contact'

*I flip the slide switch to position 3 and he initially isnt responding. I hit the horn so the siren sounds and he pulls over.*

'Ray what should you be doing right now?'

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

‘I got this’

*I pick up the radio thing and feel a little adrenaline*
“214 to county we are at a traffic stop after a car ran a stop sign at s 13 on to broad. The license plate number is ……. Their is a male driver and idf there ia any pasangers it is un know at this point.”

*put the radio thing back up and I think to myself that was not that bad after all.*

SheriffDep%20Generic.png

Deputy Monty Ray
UNIT Unassigned

Badge 2110

*i head out to 216 and do my checks and throw my bag into the trunk and hop in and key up after 214 gives their traffic*

"ERT 216 Show me 10-8 on Patrol"

*i release my PTT and place the mic back in its holder and head out turning on to Newport Road and then a right on too North 6th st and start headed towards the park*

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

‘Seems were busy already bud, mount up!’ * i say to ajax as i pop his door and let his short lead go hes allready in 230 in the four steps i take to get to the truck* ‘ good boy bud’ * i say as i disconect his lead and love on him before i close his door and do a cursory walk around before i climb in and leave the garage of the station* “county from 230,go ahead and mark us mobile “ * i say into the cars mic as i turn into the parking lot adjusting my portable and the durangos stereo then clip the mic back into its holder and throw the trucks AC on low,im fine but ajax is hot already as i reach the lots exit i merge into traffic lazily heading south*

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Badge 1337

*Ray calls the stop over the radio.*

'Before we approach the car we want to run the plates so we know what were getting into. If the car is stolen or if there's warrants out for the driver.'

*I demonstrate how to use the MDT in the car. I put the plate in and it returns clean.*

'I think were ready to approach. Your contact I'm cover. You want to ask him for License, registration, and insurance. If he has a suspended anything we can write.'

*I open the door.*

'When you do a stop try and offset your car by about 3 feet so you have room to safely approach the car without worrying about getting merc'd by oncoming traffic. If you find yourself on a felony stop you angle your car at a 45 degree angle so you have cover. At night you want to put all your lights on and have your spotlight centered on his rear view mirror.'

*We get out of the car.*

'Any questions before you talk to him?'

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

‘no sir’

*i get out of the car and approach the vehicle in front of me. I go up the the car window and hope for the best.*

’Good morning sir I’m deputy Ray with the SCPD. The reason we stoped you is you blew the stop sign at s13th and broad. Can you please get you license, registration, and insurance please.’

* he shuffles around in the glove box and hand me all the paperwork. I take a look at the paper and his license.* 

‘Sir sit back I’ll be back as quickly as I can’

*I go back to the car run his name and look at his papers every thing comes back good.*

‘ He is all clear Ima send him off with a warning”

Edited by Summer

SheriffDep%20Generic.png

Deputy Monty Ray
UNIT Unassigned

Badge 2110

Putting away my stuff in 207 I do a quick walk around the vehicle before getting inside it.  Taking a sip of coffee I put the thermos in the cup-holder, close the driver's door, and start up the engine.  As I move out I pick up the mic to the radio and key it up.

"207 in service"

Setting down the mic I head towards Bay Street where I hope to lay low a bit and catch up on reports.

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

‘He is all clear Ima send him off with a warning'

'Alright that's up to your discretion. As a rule of thumb Don't lecture if you wrote them a summons and if you don't write you can lecture them if you want.'

sd214dep.png

Corporal Phil Wentz
Unit 214

Badge 2025

*I get out of the car and walk up to the stoped car*

‘Sir today im going the let you off with a warning next time this happens there will be a consequence’ 

* I hand him back his papers* 

‘tour all go do go sir have a good rest of the day’ 

*I walked to the car with a smile on my face and get in*

SheriffDep%20Generic.png

Deputy Monty Ray
UNIT Unassigned

Badge 2110

* ive just crossed the bridge into south fort shannon im stoped at an intersection particularly broad and south second street when a 1985 oldsmobile  blows a red light its so low to the ground sparks show from a pothole  near as i pull behind it but hes already pulling over as i flip my lights on and call it in*
“county from 230, show me out with a late model oldsmobile just over the bridge intersections gonna be south first and broad, plate is a saratoga temp kilo november kilo 1-4-8,thats K-N-K one-four -eight” * i release my portables PTT having slipped into military phonetics and only just realizing ‘ hope they understood me’ * i say as i open my door only to see the drivers door crack with a pair of hands showing*
 driver: d-dont shoot the window dosent work, my hands are visible officer!” * the man must think im gonna shoot him when i still have my gun in the holster though unsnapped*
’you can relax i only shoot if im forced to, you got your insurence info and license on you?’ * i ask as i take note of the car while he rifles through the glove box where i see a gun* ‘ dont you reach for it ill zap you’ * i say as he turns to look meeting my tasers laser pointing at his chest i shoulda asked about weapons* ‘ on second thought, step outta the car slowly’ * i command as he shakily offers his infomation*

Driver: ‘ i dident know it was there, i go to storage unit auctions, ive only had the car for like four days i swear’

me: ‘ just calm down sit on the trunk i front of my cruiser and lemme run your stuff,you keep complying we wont have problems,was the temp plate on it?’

* i ask watching the guy like a hawk as he nods stepping out slowly im not in the heart of the hood but its still south fort shannon and im weary as the guy sits on his trunk and i move to secure what i think is his gun taking a second to key up while im in his car* “ 230,county can you start me a car with a cage?” * releaseing my PTT i throw a glove on and grab the gun, a worn 9mm with an extended magizine Which after i exit the car i pull my other glove on then pull the mag and clear the gun  opting to  Set them right infront of 230’s dash cam glancing to the guy i stoped whos nervous as hell*

me: if you dident know it was there theres no need to be nervous man, you on parole or something?* by now im back in 230 typeing  his info into the computer*

driver: “ sir i swear its not my gun i dident know it was there!’ 

* he almost stammers as i wait for my computer*

Me: ‘victor... victor, like i said relax one step at a time’

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

* not getting any kind of breifing or missed notes from  blackburn i head out to 208 to do my checks and toss my bag in the trunk after cramming what i can in terms of gear on my class B belt as well as two extra pistol mags and a extra cylinders worth of ammo for my back up in the glove box a little trick i used to do when i was a detective before i key up the mic and log into the computer* “ 208 to central, show me on the air available” * i say as i clip the mic back and pull into traffic*

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

* im sitting in my truck when both my computer finally  pops on victor and 210 pulls up behind me i step out and meet 210’s driver at ajaxs door*
’ victor gomez  i guess hes taking that  442 olds for a spin around the block plates temp  But comes back to him, that crusty ass 9 mill on my hood was in his glove box,havent run it yet so if you wanna and watch him im getting my dog  to see if theres any other suprises,good luck finding a readable serial on that pistol though.. still debateing if im hitting him with the parole violation for it even bein in the car’

* i say as i open ajaxs door and throw his lead on while i adress victor with ajax now outta my truck by my front fender* ‘ ok mr gomez, ran your info but your parole stipulates that your subject to search upon any contact if the officer decides to’

victor:y-yes sir this about the gun?’ *he stammers and i shrug* 

me: ‘does it have to be, a felonys a felony even if yours was non violent but talk with that other officer ok lemme do my search,one step at a time afterall,just stay to the right of my truck,my dogs out,but i gotta ask how the heck you managed to get the car a temp plate and not see that gun?’

* i ask as he walks past my passengers door while replying*

victor: ‘ its like i said i buy auctioned storage units my boss runs a shop down on 12th,  he lemme have the car as i needed wheels,paperwork was in this box  near the tarp the car was under,call salazar automotive big tony will vouch,he only really cares about imports and wanted it off his lot... you taking me in man,was hoping i could suprise my kid today, he just got his license so i was gonna let him pick his girl up with it..impress her ya know’

me: ‘ lemme do my search ok, you sober with the amount of drugs you got poped  with a year ago,you either sell,transport’ * he cuts me off* 

victor: ‘ i did all three,was a fool for trying to move thst much,even dumber for deciding to sample my own product, been clean for 8 months man,they even lemme out early for good behavior hence the parole, even though its legal now i havent touched a joint sense y’all got me i swear’ * as he sits in 210  i sigh i kinda wanted to be done 10 minutes ago but atleast now i can search*
’ find it ajax’ * i command as my partner jumps into the car and i  after pulling a smaller flashlight i have on me and holding it in my teeth  start inventorying and tossing it, i also pull the trunk release which ill rifle through after ajax gets done*
’hmm’ * i remove my flashlight and back out of the car*

’ c’mon bud lets go.’ * i sat giving ajax a light tug he hasn’t  found squat and neither have i so its on to the trunk which im about to do when 210 walks up*

210: hey jay,tried to run the gun its too crusty labs gonna have to, what we doin with victor, that guns probably as old as the car is,whatcha wanna do jay?’

*im about to answer when a beater ‘05 crown vic pulls up  and a  guy whos built like a shitty brick shithouse who i can automatically tell is a former cop and current alcoholic gets out*
’ guessing your his PO,and youve got a scanner?’

* fat former cop: ‘ your damn right i am, the hell did this bastard do now ungreatful druggie’

me: ‘ ran a red had a gun that hasent been cleaned nor fired for years or was in a river’

* victor Pipes up we hadent cuffed him yet so his heads halfway outta 210 as we were just talking : u uhh p-paul i i was gonna turn it in fished it outta the river while trying to pick up discarded beer cans after a tough day at work for extra cash, ive been civil and complying’

* before i can even get a word in paul the po speaks*

Paul: ‘ why the hell havent you cuffed and booked his black criminal ass hes a peice of trash who never shoulda got out for good behavior, first the prisions screw up now SCSD is, i see why they forced me out when FSPD went bust, your letting mexican trash walk freely, cuff his ass already!’ * caught off guard by whats essentally a racist rant i clear my throat now im getting upset*
’ both of you enough, victor your po says go we gotta go, the DA will get my full report, but next time a cop stops you, dont lie ok, you do know better afterall‘

victor: “ i dident do anything wrong you said it yourself its not fireable and with racist white cops or ex cops like my po, can you blame me fo-‘ * hes cut off by the po yanking him fully outta 210 and throwing him against the car with a rough pat down which i already know 210 did as he winces his po speaks *’ man up your hardly bleeding from the cuffs’

* i now speak up as i pull his PO  off em* ‘ hey Sorensen fix his cuffs grab your jump bag too clean up the cut then put him in your car’

* the po snaps at me for it*
paul: ‘ hey get off me lemme do my job!’ * i now address him* me :’how about you get back in your beater and get goin,or ill drag you in for roughing him up,though whatever pain pills your on your lucky i dont get you for driving under the influence,lay off the narcs and the booze and you wont be so hungover, he wasent cuffed cause he was cooperating not cause we dont do our jobs, now if you wanna file a complaint be mindful your on both our body cams and 210’s dash cam so think about it before you being  biligerent and obnoxious gets you in trouble and let us do our jobs ok’

* the PO reluctantly  nods and moves to get back in his car but not before he lets another racial slur go which im not gonna repeat as i key up* ‘230,county start a tow to my location and show myself and 210 with one under,firearm found in the car” *i release my ptt and move twords the parole officers beater* ‘ were heading to the station you can follow if you want,we just gotta wait for a tow’

PO: ‘yeah ill pass got other trash and scum i gotta track down’

me: ‘ not everybody on parole is a dirtbag ya know’

PO: ‘ then your a shitty cop who belives there lies’

* before i can even comment he shuts his window and pulls away flipping me the bird*

’ well shit’ 

* deputy sorenson shuts his trunk and speaks*

210: ‘ who pissed in his wheaties, your guys all patched up by the way, i finally put my EMT to use, think that parole guys gonna be a headache?’

* i sigh as a tow pulls up by now im going through the trunk of the car *

me: for us,a minor one,for victor..hes gonna be a nightmare ive never met such a friggin racist as that po was, and here i was gonna call him and see what he wanted me to do, did you mirandize our guy?

* 210 nods as the tow driver walks up with a clipboard as i shut the olds  trunk,which i  pivot to take from the operator while handing victors info to 210* 

‘ county impound its a manual so the parking brakes on, need us to hang around or can we transport?’

* the tow guy shakes his head as 210 clears us both and i hand the guy his clipboard back*

’ sorenson,ill follow you two and hope this dosent wind up a shit show’

*he nods and moves to climb into 210 i move back to 230,climbing in keying up and pulling into traffic behind him* “230,county show myself and 210 clear in route to the station”

Edited by Vanguard

sd230sgt.png

Unit 230

Badge 1337

* not even five minutes outta our lot im just about to cross into oxnard when traffics at a standstill as im behind a big ole suburban i cant see why from my car but judgeing from the chorus of car horns my bet is its a traffic jam luckily i manage to squeeze my cruiser to the curb its infront of a hydrant but i could care less if FD sees it im more concerned by the idiot semi trying to go where he obviously cant fit so i throw my car in park and climb out throwing on my traffic vest as Im about to key up a moterest says something*
random moterist: ‘ hey cop! Do your friggin job the idiot  in the truck is gonna make me late, arrest his ass!’

* i ignore the moterist as i pull my expandable baton off my belt extend it and tap on the glass of the truck before stepping up onto it after folding the baton*

’put it in park!’

* i say as the guy utters the most broken english ive heard to date before quickly spitting out the atypical  no english line*

P- A-R-K’  * i repeat slowly when i hear airbrakes as another driver walks up*

random driver 2: ‘officer hes my cousin... he only speaks bulgarian im working on english with him’ 

* i mentally face palm its one of THOSE days as i address the walk up*

’ tell him hes not allowed down that road, his trucks too big, can you move this thing and get him to show me his license and CDL, i gotta call this in’ * the cousin nods at me then goes off in bulgarian at the driver,who best i can tell snaps back .. great there fighting like those two in grand theft auto*

‘ look i dont care just move the goddamn rig or you both can finish in a holding cell for impeding traffic flow and disturbing the peace‘

* i say as they go silent then the walkup starts again*

walk up driver: ‘sorry officer, my cousin upset he cant lose his job he’ll move the truck if you can get him space to straighten out’

*i sigh and figure what the hell, stuck in traffic anyway so its not like i could get to an incident currently*

‘what the heck, may as well’

* the next 20 minutes i proceed to play  car choreography to give the modt likely illigal imigrent truck driver room to un fuck himself which he thankfulky does and soon he’s on his way once traffics flowin again i move back to my car pull my hi vis vest off placing it back over my seat and proceed on my merry way into oxnard*

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Allen pulls out of the parking lot and onto the streets, as he keys his mic:

'201 in service.'

He turns on the radar and drives towards the highway, parking parallel to the highway and running radar on oncoming traffic.

After a few minutes of standing there, a white Buick Cascada (2016) convertible with its roof down was clocked going at 124 mph.

I thought to myself: *Jesus Christ, that car doesn't go any faster because it can't. Driver needs a reality check.*

I flip on my lights and sound the airhorn as I weave into traffic and go after the car. I briefly turn on my siren and thankfully, traffic ahead of me starts slowing down, so the Buick has to slow down too. I keep chasing the car. After 600 meters, the highway ends and there is a traffic light that is in red. I grinned as I slowed down and approached the Buick from behind with my lights on. I switch the radio to loudspeaker mode and key it up as I say:

'Pull over.'

I then switch it back to normal radio traffic as the Buick makes a right turn into a street and pulls up onto a safe spot and I follow behind. Once we stopped, I key up the mic '201 to ERT, show me on traffic stop with a white Buick convertible. Location is N 16th Street close to Highway, plate is Delta Charlie Alpha 2 6 9. Occupied times one, 1 unit required for assistance.'

I turn off the mic as I wait for response by ERT and another unit.

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

* after grabbing my jacket and the keys to 211 i head outside doing my best to minimize the water on my patrol rifle  so theres one less puddle in the older SUV damn near sprinting i make it to the truck,fire it up and tuck into the garage,completeing the walk around after i store the rifle i take the time to do an inventory*

‘this weathers gonna suck’ * doing my checks rather quickly i finally climb in back outta the garage and after a quick cycle of the sirens,another test i key up as the mdc boots up and i ease into traffic with the whipers goin* “ 211 calling county,show me on the road available” * i say into my portable While heading southward...destination the ghettos* 

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

Having grabbed my stuff I head outside to 216.  Quickly putting my stuff away in the vehicle I hop in and start up the engine.  As I leave the station I key up the radio.

"216 available on patrol"

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

Allen opens the right door and steps out of the car, closing the boor behind him.  He walks up to the convertible, touches the taillight then approaches the driver, which appears to be a woman in her early 20s. 

'Deputy John Allen with the Shiloh County Sheriff's Department. Know why I stopped you?'

'I was going too fast. Sorry officer, was just having some fun.' She appears nervous.

'Correct. License, registration and proof of Insurance.'

She shuffles around in the car's glovebox and pulls out the documents, handing it to Allen.  There is a knife inside the glovebox, however she did not take it out.

'Alright, one moment.'

Allen takes the documents and walks back to his car, opening the right front door and stepping inside. He closes the door for a moment as he reads the information and types it out on the police computer.

Her name comes up as "Alice Brown", 19 years old, has no license. Car is registered under Jeremy Brown, another family member.

Allen stays in his car, unsure how to proceed.  He keys up the mic and says:

"201, need assistance at N 16th Street for a traffic stop. Driver speeding 127 mph, no license, has knife. Code 2."

Allen turns off the mic and waits for acknolwedgement.

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044