Patrol Area - 2021

Blackburn

*after grabbing Ajax i head out to where i parked the durango,flipping my portable on i for whatever reason hit repeat and hear 201’s last calls,sighing as i load up ajax and close his door  as i open mine I’m thinking out loud* ‘its gonna be one of those tours aint it’ *starting the truck i ease outta my spot forgoing a walk around as i did that when i left the house i kep the trucks radio as i leave the lot* “county show 230 mobile” *i say into the trucks mic slipping into traffic maybe ill back 201,maybe i wont his stops routine so whys he calling for backup*

sd230sgt.png

Sergeant Jason Paterson, K9 Unit
Unit 230

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1337

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* im cruiseing south but 201’s radio call for whatever reason is still tumbling around in my head  chances are the kids just a nervous rookie but traffic stops are one of ifnot the most dangrous things we can do short of warrent squad stuff  and ive heard a fair few storys* ‘ its probably bullshit...but what the hell’ * i say to myself as i flip a 180 with my lights on a few bladts of the siren through a few intersections and im near 201’s call so i key up* “211 calling 201, im a few blocks away,rolling up soon you alright?’ * i release the trucks mic hoping  its just an unsure probie by the time i roll up*

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

*I hear the response from 211 as I grab my portable and activate it.*

'This is 201, every-' *I get interrupted by some unintelligible noises.*

*The driver grabs her knife and steps out of the car, walking infront of it and taking cover.*

'PUT THE KNIFE DOWN!'

*I deactivate the mic as I unholster my pistol and aim at her, opening the left front door and standing behind it.*

*I need to deal with this in an efficient manner. Don't panic. You're trained for this.*

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

* hearing the rookie get cut off i sigh and flip the sirens on to get through my last intersection as i roll up i see the rookie with his service weapon drawn i throw the truck in park and as the rookies got his pistol i opt to  pull my taser knowing 201s guns ready as i key my portable* “211’s out with 201,one  at gunpoint” * i release my ptt and walk up next to  the deputy* ‘ ma’am drop the knife,or i make you drop it!’ * i steady the taser that i have trained on her aiming laser and all* lets be civil about this ok, drop the knife and kick it twoards us,you talk to us this can go alot smoother,you dont abd were gonna have to do something we dont wanna do,which  is shoot you’ * i then adress allen whispering* ‘ cover me,i can just tase her if she lunges worse case drop her’

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

*I acknowledge the deputy and whisper*

'Got you covered.'

*The woman gets out of cover and walks towards us slowly while holding the knife.*

'STOP!'

*She ignores the command*

'IF YOU GET ANY CLOSER, I'LL SHOOT!'

*She stops, still holding the knife.*

'STAY WHERE YOU ARE, DROP THE KNIFE!'

'I just wanna talk..'  *She starts walking again, very slowly headed for us.*

Edited by Zezinho

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

Parked somewhere on Bay Street drinking my coffee and checking traffic with my speed gun.  Don't know why but I always seem to find myself on this road like it's a magnet for me.  When a car blows past me the speed gun catches it.  77MPH.  Speed limit is 25.  I'm surprised he's able to get that fast on this road but traffic is surprisingly light right now.  Setting down my coffee in the cup holder I flip on my lights and sirens to give chase.  A brief pursuit follows and the car I'm after pulls over.  Pulling up behind it I cut the sirens and run the Saratoga plates on the yellow 2012 Honda Accord.

Reading back that it's not stolen I take a note of who it is registered to before getting out of 216.  As I walk forward I key up the radio and talk through the mic on my shoulder.

"216, county, show me out on a traffic stop on Bay Street by the Lincoln Statue with a yellow 2012 Honda Accord, occupied 1 time."

Letting go of the mic I reach the driver's door and knock on the window.  He rolls the window down and a conversation ensues.

'License, Registration, and Insurance Card.  Do you know why I pulled you over?'

'Yeah, sure it's in the glovebox and no I don't know why you pulled me over.'

'Clocked you going 77.  The speed limit is 25.  Do you know what that means?'

'That I was speeding.'

'It means you were criminally speeding. Anything over 30mph over the speed limit is considered criminal speeding.  It is an arrestable offense.  So once you pulled out the information I asked for I want you to place it on your passenger seat and step out of the vehicle.'

He goes quiet and kind of gives a gulps.  He does nod slightly though.  Seeing him open his glove box to get his stuff I notice the revolver placed in it.

'On second thought.  Just step out of the car.'

Placing my hand on the handle of my Walthers, ready to pull out, I look him dead in the eye.  Don't event try it.  He throws his hands up and I open the door for him with my free hand.  As he steps out I get him up against the side of his car.

'Hands behind your back'

As he complies I grab my cuffs and place them on him.  Then I put on my kevlar gloves.

'Anything on you that I should know about?  Anything sharp or anything that can harm me while I'm searching you?'

'No, I got nothing'

Searching him I do indeed find nothing on him.  Looking into his car I see that his wallet is on the driver cosule between the seats.  Nodding to myself I then bring the guy to the back of 216 and secure him in the back of the SUV.  As I close the door, locking him in, I head back to his car to search it.  Grabbing his wallet, the registration, and the insurance card I place them on the dash so as to remember where they are when I'm done with the search of the vehicle.  

Securing the revolver I empty the rounds from it and secure it in an evidence bag.  The rest of the search goes smoothly and I don't find anything else.  Getting out of the car I grab the paperwork and the revolver.  Shutting the Honda's door behind me I head back to 216 where I place the revolver in the SUV's trunk and look through the paperwork.

It all looks good to me and running everything through the EAT shows me no problems except for a few priors for speeding.  No warrants though, so that's good.

"216, county, send a tow truck to my location."

A slight wait for a tow doesn't take too long and soon enough they're leaving with the Honda on their bed.  In response I shut off my lightbar and leave myself.

"216, county, show me clear, returning to the station with one."

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

* as she aproachs still with the knife i level my taser looking at the rookie whispering* ‘ill zap her if she dosent go down,plug her’ * i say as im about to give another command when i notice shes creeping up.* ‘TASER TASER TASER!’* instinct takes over as i fire my X26 the women falls as i hold the trigger * ‘ if you had just dropped the knife,we coulda avoided this’ * i say as i kick her knife away finally letting the trigger go as i roll her over  i mighta held the zap a touvh longer then i needed to but maybe a 50 thousand volt lesson on complying with instructions  gets the point across while i cuff her* ‘ did you run her info,and get AMR started ‘

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

*I see the commotion and 211 tasing her, as I holster my pistol and nod acknowledging.*

'Yeah I ran her info. No records, no license. First-timer. Thank god I didn't have to shoot.'

*I grab my portable and key up the microphone as I clear my throat and speak into it.*

'201 to county, roll tow truck and EMS at N 16th Street, for a possible EDP 19 year old woman. She's tased and handcuffed.'

*I turn off the microphone and put the portable back in its holster.*

'Better search her now, I'll search the car. EMS and tow are gonna be here soon.'

*I jog over to her car and take out my flashlight, looking around it. I find nothing of interest.*

'Nothing here.'

*I walk back to the scene, holstering my flashlight.*

'Think she might be crazy. Let's find out when EMS is here.'

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

‘ your not crazy are you ma’am’* she remains silent as i pull a set of kevlar gloves outta my pocket* ‘anything thst will hurt me or the EMT’s thst shiw up,knifes needles handgrenades  stuff like that?’ .*she shakes her head no as i pat her down with the back of my hands* ‘ hey partner,was the car clear, tow cant take it till we clear it, EMS just rolled up across the street’ *not finding anything on her i move to dtabd her up as an AMR guy walks up*

AMR Medic: ‘ this your efp and taser victim?’ * i nod and gesture to allen* ‘ hey allen fill in EMS on who she is and why we think shes an EDP, i can square tow away,you might needa ride with her to the hospital too’

* isay as i collect my discarded taser cartridge again adressing the EMT* ‘ nothing on her,deputy allen can explain why were at this point,i gotta voucher her knife and such’*

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

'Car is clear.'

*I notice EMS arriving as I listen to Cal asking me to inform EMS about the situation.*

'Think she's an EDP because she pulled a knife on us and walked towards us even though I had my pistol and he had his taser out. Either that or possibly trying suicide by cop, but both situations warrant medical assistance regardless. Need any more information?'

AMR Medic: 'No, thank you Deputy.'

*The other paramedics help the woman up as they carry her inside the ambulance and a paramedic shuts the door.*

AMR Medic: 'We'll take her to the hospital, make sure she's fine then we'll ask for transport to bring her to your station. No need to come along. What's your badge number and name? Just so I can hook you guys up with information about the incident later on.'

'Probationary Deputy John Allen, badge 2044, unit 201.'

AMR Medic: 'What about you, sir?'

*The medic grabs a clipboard and a pen while writing down notes.*

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

*as the AMR guy takes our info i ipt to recap what i saw* ‘ callen dempsy,badge number 2024, she walked twords us would not drop the knife but claimed she just wanted to talk so i tasered heras she stepped forward’ * the medic tending her nods as a tow truck rolls up* ‘i can follow if needed’

Edited by Vanguard

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

'We will contact you when he is ready to be booked. We have to go now, bye.'

The medic gets into the ambulance and drives off with lights on as a loud thunder bang is heard and the skies turn grey slowly as it starts to rain.

'Shit. I'm gonna go back on patrol.' 

I run into my car so I don't get drenched.

'Thanks, Cal.'

As the tow takes away the car in its flatbed, I key up the mic and say:

'201 back on patrol.'

I drive away from the scene, turning on my headlights and driving carefully due to the rain. 

'Man, I could really use a jacket.'

I pull over and grab a SCSD jacket in the trunk and put it on. I find a black beanie and also put it on.

'Much better.'

I drive off, continuing my patrol.

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

‘ not a problem rookie,see ya when i see ya’ * i say as i move back to the explorer putting my jacket over the drivers seat for now then i shut the door put my seatbelt on and key up as i merge into traffic killing my blue lights and keying up* “dispatch show me following the that EDP shes been turned over to EMS” * i return the mic to its clip  opting to follow the AMR bus as that EDP still has a set of cuffs on i need to get back*

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

Parking behind a nicely placed billboard, I take on the stereotype of a police officer, hiding and running radar. Who knew, sheriff's deputies could be dicks too. I sip away at my coffee, drawing a few sips at a time before putting it down and really start watching. Northbound traffic doesn't really catch anything because I'm not hidden, but I tag a few vehicles creeping into the red and blue territory headed southbound, where they don't see me. A couple smarten up and notice the angry black charger behind the sign, but most don't even see me. 

As I pick up my coffee again, a blue charger whips by me, headed south, and registers a 65 on the radar, a good 20 over the limit. Well, enough's enough I guess. Time to earn back some of my paycheck. 

"ERT, 207 going to be out of a traffic stop, Blue charger, Bay street, south bound, will confirm cross street when stopped."

While speaking I tap the light control, edge forward and when traffic starts to slow, I sound my siren, wail, flicking to yelp and force my way into traffic, giving the charger gas to catch up on the blue charger. He comes to a full on stop almost instantly, I swear I hear screeching of the tires as he locks up. He indicates and pulls over almost textbook. 

I look at the GPS on the car confirming I'm at North 4th. "ERT, 207, vehicle is stopped, cross street North Fourth. Blue Charger, licence plate obscured. Will confirm."

I turn the traffic director on warn left, put my cap on, zip my jacket up that last inch and step out into the rain. Before approaching the window, I look at see a nervous man, probably in his thirties shivering at the sight of me. I bend over, brush the shit off the clear license plate lens and read the license out.

"ERT, 207."

"Go ahead 207."

"License plate. Saratoga ACE 911" phonetically spelling the ACE. I have a little chuckle at the irony of it as I straighten up and walk to the window. The driver cracks it enough that we can talk without him getting drenched. Normally, it's a dick move, but I get it, I won't push it unless he gets lippy. 

sd204cpl.png

Corporal Jerry Wagner
Unit 204

Badge 2005
swatbadge.png

* after meeting up with the ambulance for our EDP and getting my cuff set back,she wasent charged nor arrested im back on patrol this time though im back south river by where i want to set a speed trap up at the delmore limits when i hear two whoops of a siren behind me* ‘oh what the hell?’ * electing to humor the car which i notice followed me into the gas station parking lot i park up and step out suprised as hell*

’jerome you  fuck,how ya been man i aint seen you in a bit’  * a bodybuilder of a man chuckles and pulls me into a breif brohug by a sick looking undercover my guess was seized *
jerome: ‘ whats good man,back in blues huh?’ * i nod as i start walking to the store im. Hoping for a coffee* ‘yeah..finally off my suspension,how the hell did you get that mean looking  dodge?’

*jerome: ‘ busted a banger with about 12 grand  of product in the trunk  a few months back for of all things for expired tags,moterpool just got it,case was closed about a month ago,its older but get this’ * jerome pops the hood its sadly not a hellcat but the moters a big ole V8*  

me: ‘no shit,suprised they kept it, 2015,right?’ * he nods following* 

Jerome: the hell you doin down here man,miss the buy busts ya did while farmed to us by clinton?’ * i chuckle as we enter the store and get coffee*
me:’ i wish but no,was gonna run a speed trap,people love blowing across the bridge,they normally got me with traffic but i pinch hit for patrol sometimes’ * my radio crackles something about a purse snatcher im probably to far but who knows as i quicken my pace to 211*
’ we’ll have to grab beers sometime as i miiight needa roll for the purse snatcher’

Jerome: ‘ yeah no doubt,stay safe man’

* stepping into  the explorer i respond putting the truck in gear* ‘ you to man,dont go fuckin that car up,they’ll stick ya in that beater minivan we used to roll in again’ * as i pull out jeromes in his car flipping me the bird with a smirk as i roll by for a Narc,hes a damn good cop,shame he was barred from promotion after my fuckup*

sd258dep.png

Deputy Cal Dempsy
Unit 258

Badge 2024

• 3 weeks later...

Getting Merlin from the kennel I head out to 231 with my gear for patrol and after putting Merlin in his cage I get into the driver's seat of the unit that used to be a Ford.  This Durango is nice, very nice, the Explorer was getting old so I'm happy to have something new and reliable now.  Merlin is happy too.  Ok, time for patrol.  Turning on the engine I grab the mic.

"231, available on patrol"

Letting go of the mic I shift gears to drive and leave the station.  Not sure where I'll go.  Oxnard maybe since we can patrol there now.  Yeah, let's go there.

sd230dep.png

Deputy Alejandro Sanchez

Unit 231

Badge 2038

*I walk out to the mustang and climb inside, I start it up and do a quick light check. Once I am happy with everything, I login to the computer and check my emails real quick. I then put my seat belt on and put the car in drive.*

”258 in service”

*I call out as I leave the parking lot and make my way to the interstate to get some speeders.*

sd204dep.png

Deputy Dave Lafferty
Unit 204

Badge 1117

I pace over to my tahoe. I take a glance at it, smiling. I know today's gonna be a good day as I open the driver's door and sit inside, smelling that shitty tree-shaped airfreshener. Jesus Christ.  I take that off of the rearview mirror and throw it in the bin, taking out a mint air freshener and placing it next to the mirror.

I do some quick prayers as I close the door, starting up the car. I drive out of the lot as I key up the mic and say:

"202 in service."

Edited by Zezinho

sd205dep.png

Deputy John Allen
Unit 205

Badge 2044

I walk to my Charger, throwing my keys in the air and grabbing it as I press the unlock button and the car makes a beep and flashes its front and rear headlights for a second. I open the door and sit inside, opening the police computer, signing in and closing the door. I put the keys in the ignition and turn it as I key up the mic and say:

"252 in service"

As I pull out of the lot I see Allen with his goddamn Tahoe blocking my way.

*COME ON!* I think to myself as Allen finishes maneuvering and drives out. He goes left and I go right.

sd251dep.png

Deputy Nathan Clarkson
Unit 251

Shiloh County Sheriff's Department
Badge 2112

*getting my Assignment i stand up and grab my duty bag and head out to 206 unlocking it and and popping the trunk i walk to the back and throw my duty gear in there and close it and start to do a visual inspection making sure there is no Damage and the tires are all good. Once i get back up to the drivers side i flip all my lights on and check them making sure they all work once i feel good enough i hop in the drivers seat turn the lights off blip the siren and close the door turning the charger on. i pick up my mic and key up*

"206 ERT show me 10-41 10-8 Ready for calls" 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png

*I get my bag and toss it in the back seat of the new 220. I get into the front and do a quick lighting check and since the equipment is almost identical to the old supervisors truck I put the truck in gear and head out.*

"220 Patrol Sergeant, Show me available in north river"

sd220sgt.png

Sergeant Frank Bruno
Unit 220

Badge 2049

*I make my way onto the interstate and begin heading eastbound. Keeping an eye out for anyone that might be speeding or any other infractions. I am only driving for about ten minutes when I notice a all black charger approaching behind me. It keeps moving from lane to lane without signaling. I flip on my rear radar and lock it in at 95mph.*

’Well, that didn’t take long.’

*I say as the vehicle goes by me. I get in behind the charger and speed up. I look close and see it’s license plate.*

’Texas, of course they are from Texas.’

*I reach over and flip on my lights and grab the radio mic off of the clip. Anticipating it to take off from me, I see brake lights and the the charger signals that it is pulling off the interstate. The charger moves completely to the side and comes to a stop. I pull up behind the charger and put my car in park and remove my seatbelt.*

”258, gonna be out with Texas David-David-Adam-1-2-6-3, be displayed on a black Dodge Charger. I’m gonna be out with it on I-49 eastbound at the 12 mile marker.”

*I open my computer and type in the license plate information. I then open my door and step out and make my way up to the drivers side window.* 

Edited by Lafferty
Added vehicle description over the radio.

sd204dep.png

Deputy Dave Lafferty
Unit 204

Badge 1117

*headed south into south Fort Shannon  i see a Yellow in color Cadillac showing off its Hydraulics to a car next to it at a light i pull up behind it and stops and turns right on to Washington Ave then a left too brunswick Ave i flip my lights on and blip my siren and he pulls over i pull in behind and put my car in park and key up*

"206 ERT show me out Brunswick Ave Intersection of Washington on a Yellow in color Cadillac Plate: Sam Lincoln Oscar Whiskey 29er could you route me a Traffic unit please" 

*i place my mic down and get out of the car walking up and touching the tail light i make my way to the drivers side window* 

'Deputy Rodgers Shiloh County Sheriff's office do you know the reason for the stop today' 

sd209dep.png

Deputy James Rogers
Unit 209

Badge 2011

swatbadge.png