Bay area

K. Summers

*I come back down, freshly showered, and check the Duty Room for the new assignments that were supposedly coming. I smile as I see I had been assigned to ride as acting on the ladder. That was great, it'd be good practice for when I hopefully promoted - someday in the future. And I had a solid crew on the ladder with me - Hannahan, Noel, both definitely solid firefighters. I wasn't sure who Rogers was, so it must be one of the new probies. I head out to the bay and grab my gear from the engine, moving it over to the front right seat of the ladder. Damn, it felt nice to be riding front and not as the driver. I look over the truck, nodding appreciatively. Raven had gotten it cleaned up after they killed that deer on the way to the mill, and she was spic and span now. I head back into the lounge.*

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1909

*i enter the Bay and grab my Kit and put it next to the truck*

'Damn this truck is nice wish the academy had something like this all theirs are older shitty rigs guess its time to check the rig and see where everything is'

*has i start opening up the truck i hear the call go out for a choking child*

"shit hope everything is okay with the child and the crews on scene'

*has i finish up looking at the truck i head back to lounge*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

*Parking M7 back in the bay I cut off the engine and get out of the truck yawning.  Though we hardly used anything I go around the unit opening up compartments to check stock.  Hoping up into the back of the truck I do the same.  We're still pretty well stocked on everything but taking a mental note of some stuff to restock on I get out of the truck and go to the storage room.  Coming back I quickly restock the truck, shut compartment doors, and head to the living room with another yawn.*

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 1315

*Bobby parks in the bay. I get out of the cab and make my way to the supply room. I grab a few items to restock and head back to Medic 5. I do a quick restock of the Jump bag, and cabinets and close the back doors. I notice Frank in the bay flailing around like a mad man doing some sort of aerobics from the 80s...or at least something that appears like it...he must of had a bump or something recently. How his heart hasn't exploded yet...I'll never know.*

*I head over to the lounge, throwing my empty Starbucks Latte cup in the garbage as I leave the bay.*

Edited by Chris07

Generic%20Paramedic.png

Logan Sparks, Paramedic
Medic 2
Shiloh County Fire Department, EMS
Badge 1808

*has i walk into the Bay area i grab my gear of the Truck and move it to the engine*

'lets see how engine's going to be'

*i place my bunker pants down on the floor and place my coat and hood on the handle next to the door and head back to the lounge* 

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

*I head out to the bay to set up my gear by the ladder. I'm a little uncertain of what's expected of me here - I don't exactly know how things work at this station yet. I start poking through the ladder compartments, same as I did with the engine last shift. This was how I got used to where everything was on the ambulance when I started out all those years ago and the same principles still apply. We're a three man crew so I have to be capable - there's no one who's going to really be watching over my shoulder. I'm not a fan of feeling out of my depth - I'm starting from basically the bottom. I didn't have much time on a truck firefighting before I moved here; only a handful of months.*

spacer.png

Firefighter Paramedic Michaela Gray
Rescue 9

Badge 1208

*It's a shock when someone is actually friendly towards me and I try to respond in kind.*

'Hey Logan. I can drive if you'd prefer.'

*I'm not really picky one way or the other but with my clinical shifts at the hospital and this, some time away from patient contact isn't a bad thing. Gives me some time to recharge and review things in my head. We're coming up on the end of my last semester and I'm still a touch behind on my capstone project. It's a a lot.

The two of us finish checking the ambulance out for the shift and everyone is toned out on an MVC with possible fatalities.*

'I suppose that means us as well then. If they're dispatching it as a possible fatality it's probably gonna be gristly.'

medic12pm.png
Paramedic Rory Dunne
Medic 1

Badge 1804

* im doing routine work on medic 5 checking fluids and such  when i hear a womens voice call out its not the lieutenant nor anybody else i know so i half turn from under the hood* ‘howdy,can i help you?’* my texan accent once again clear as a bell i start finishing my turn closeing the medics hood and balling up the rag i was useing in my hands using a free one afterwards to smooth  my job shirt out*

Edited by Vanguard

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

*id look at him and I’m thinking yep he definitely from Texas I’m little bit shy at first but once I get know everyone I will be perfectly fine and almost forget I have a pizza in the car for the whole fire house*

’hi I’m Alyssa just moved here Also I’m gonna be working here in couple of weeks’

medic1emt.png

EMT Aylssa Smith
Medic 1

Badge 2020

* i look the women over shes awfuly early for a nee hire but i figure ill stleadt be friendly.* ‘ Bobby Ray Jackson im one of the Departments EMT’s its nice to meet you, you going EMS or Fire?’ * i cut my twang as best i can during  my intro as i smile at the girl*

Edited by Vanguard

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

* i nod at her* ‘ i split my time up here with time back on my familys ranch back home in Houstion, had come up here to manage a small farm for the familys rodeo show and race horses, but it grew on me,wound up going into the medical feild after plans for the horses up here fell through, been trying to maybe eventually be a paramedic or nurse or something, only been in Saratoga for  maybe 5-6 years and been with the department the entire time’

Edited by Vanguard

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

* she mentions pizza and  i want to rush to help her unload it but i hold off for a bit*‘ hell you can probably see the wreck from the curb,stations like maybe a block or so from the interchange where it happened, did you get issued your id badge and such yet by chance?’

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

* i shrug now moving to a faucet tucked in the corner of the bay and quickly wash my hands after tossing the rag i had been useing in a pile of others thst are dirty then turn to face alyssa* ‘sure why not, they issue you your uniforms yet or no?’ 

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

‘Ah well im in part of the class C’stheres a duty shirt thst goes over the job shirt but i figured as im doing my truck check it wasent needed’ * i follow the women out gestureing to the ambulance i had been working on * ‘ wheres your car?’

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

‘*is it a dodge or is it a chevy or did you bastetdize parts of both manufacturers, opting to bite my tongue i still elect to stay friendly* ‘chevy camaro or dodge  there two diffrent manufactures’ * while i follow her making note of what she said and the fact shes a new hire with a car i cant even afford with the top pay as an emt*

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

* i  manage to hold all three pizza box's as i look over the frankencar she removed them from the pizza probably wont be enough but its a nice gesture but im honestly even debateing letting the women into the station as something dosen’t seem right* ‘ that all of it?’* i ask attempting to stall hoping a rig returns,murdick comes out for a smoke, or a LEO rolls by*

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714